Will God and Jesus ever stop loving me? Can someone lose their salvation while on earth?

1. Our spirits cannot sin, as Paul tells us through the Spirit of God. In heaven, sin will not be an issue.
2. As Jesus says, we will be like the angels in heaven. They have free will and do not sin.
3. Annoyance won't be an issue for you in the Kingdom, either.
4. Not really. He is not like us.
5. We are eternally sealed and pure in spirit, because our sins have all been washed away, due to God's wonderful grace.
1. So we lose free will. What scripture are you referring to by Paul? I can only think of this one 1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Note it says ''continue to sin''.

2. Scripture?
3. How do you know?
4. How do you know?
5. Eternally sealed, yes. Pure in spirit, do you have a scripture?

Last edited:
As Jesus says, we will be like the angels in heaven. They have free will and do not sin.
Angels do have free will and they did sin. The question is, did the devil sin instantly and kicked out or was it a 'continuing in sin' to the point that God said enough is enough.

1. So we lose free will. What scripture are you referring to by Paul? I can only think of this one 1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Note it says ''continue to sin''.

2. Scripture?
3. How do you know?
4. How do you know?
5. Eternally sealed, yes. Pure in spirit, do you have a scripture?
How does one come to the conclusion that one loses his free will? The soul is the seat of the mind, will and emotions. The soul, the flesh, isn't sinless! The soul, by its continual connection and communication with the spirit where Holy Spirit dwells, is constantly advancing in its renewal, conforming to Christ and His word...or should be, if one has truly experienced the person of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Angels do have free will and they did sin. The question is, did the devil sin instantly and kicked out or was it a 'continuing in sin' to the point that God said enough is enough.
I repeat: the heavenly host of angels have free will, yet they do not sin.

How many times did Adam, and Eve eat from the tree of the knowledge of good, and evil before they sinned?

How many times did Adam, and Eve eat from the tree of the knowledge of good, and evil before they sinned?
How many thoughts went through Adam and Eve's mind about eating before they ate / After Eve spoke to the devil, how many steps / minutes / hours of intent to eat before she actually ate?

Now we can't ignore the difference in disobedience between the two (devil and Adam) either. Adam crossed a line between life and death. The devil crossed a line between life and eternal death + eternal hell. Adam and Eve had the rest of their lives on earth to determine whether or not they cross the 'absolute' line and receive eternal hell.

Now, since the devil crossed ''the'' line. Surely their must have been a build up to it. Or are we all just imagining a single thought = 100% severity = 100% punishment / eternal hell?

PS: This is just a random thought and thinking outside the box. Please guys don't take it so seriously. Its just something that has always been on my mind.

How does one come to the conclusion that one loses his free will?
When you are unable to do something you have not got free will.

God says sit down and eat your food, you should be able to say ...no God I am busy. Now is that evil / rebellion / deserving of eternal hell...?

You miss the point. When you are free to choose to sin but because of the glory of the presence of God you choose not to, that is exercising free will and making the righteous choice.
You choose not to sin? You sure?

We are Christians because we chose to hate sin. We chose Jesus. Not because we always choose not to sin. We actually choose to sin quite often. God just sees our hearts intent / decision to accept Jesus as greater.

Something like James 5:20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

As for in God's presence, please see my post #150. I added a line to it after you replied.

How many thoughts went through Adam and Eve's mind about eating before they ate / After Eve spoke to the devil, how many steps / minutes / hours of intent to eat before she actually ate?

Now we can't ignore the difference in disobedience between the two (devil and Adam) either. Adam crossed a line between life and death. The devil crossed a line between life and eternal death + eternal hell. Adam and Eve had the rest of their lives on earth to determine whether or not they cross the 'absolute' line and receive eternal hell.

Now, since the devil crossed ''the'' line. Surely their must have been a build up to it. Or are we all just imagining a single thought = 100% severity = 100% punishment / eternal hell?

PS: This is just a random thought and thinking outside the box. Please guys don't take it so seriously. Its just something that has always been on my mind.
Adam, and Eve's disobedience did not happen instantly, as they were first found "desiring" what was forbidden. Scripture tells us "every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust....". Sin does not become sin when someone does it, it becomes sin when they think, and desire it.

Jas 1:14.. But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15.. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Sin becomes sin when it "conceives" in the heart, and then the "bringing forth" of sin is when you but action to it.
Just the fact that Adam, and Eve were standing there looking, and desiring what was forbidden was a sign that sin had already "conceived" in their hearts.
The action part for sure would be the "bringing forth" of abiding sin in them, which brought death.

I do not think conceiving sin in ones heart taking "minutes" but more like a fraction of a second.
The "breaking down" of ones defenses through deception could take time, but the decision to do evil happens in a instant.

Last edited:
People who have received Jesus Christ have experienced a renewal. They now are free from the addiction to sin. They now abhor sin because God does. We are now free to say no to sin where before we had no desire to do so, let alone the power.

Last edited:
Sometimes I feel unloved and forsaken. I pray everyday to Jesus for protection and for him to forgive me of all my sins. At times I even think that I am hopeless and am condemned already. Does he still love me and want me to go to heaven?

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

Feeling unloved, and forsaken does not come from the Lord, but from Satan the enemy of your soul. Learning what God has given to you as a "weapon", which is the Word of God against him will get rid of all that you are feeling. Even confessing this scripture out of your mouth will give you relief, but there are many more weapons that give you total victory in every area of your life. Find these weapons in the Word of God, and begin to do battle against principalities, powers, and wickedness in high places. You are more than a conquer because of your faith, the Holy Spirit, and Christ in you. No weapon formed against you will ever prosper, because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in this world.
Remember thinking on the Word of God will not make these things leave, you have to confess them out of your mouth.

You choose not to sin? You sure?

We are Christians because we chose to hate sin. We chose Jesus. Not because we always choose not to sin. We actually choose to sin quite often. God just sees our hearts intent / decision to accept Jesus as greater.

Something like James 5:20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

As for in God's presence, please see my post #150. I added a line to it after you replied.

Yes, it is a great new power we have as believers---to know what sin is and to deny ourselves to follow after Jesus Christ.

I don't choose to hate sin. I have a new natural to hate it where I didn't before, because Jesus lives His life in and through me. I actually now know what sin is and have the ability because of Jesus to avoid it.

Holy Spirit is a "sin detector"!

God says sit down and eat your food, you should be able to say ...no God I am busy. Now is that evil / rebellion / deserving of eternal hell...?

You can say that if you so choose, but God will bring you around the mountain again and again and again until you choose to do God's will and not your own.

Why would you suggest that when we disregard God's will for us that it could lead to hell? Those who have been cleansed of sin by faith in Jesus Christ and what His blood has done for them, and have a problem with sin might be unhappy, unfulfilled and struggling in their faith, but they need to get in touch with the fact that the Lord says they are free---indeed. They are delivered from hell already because of their faith...yet they still need to stir up their faith to believe what He says in His word!

Last edited:

No Christian wants to sin, but if we let sin reign within us we will sin, and when that happens it is no "I" that does it, but sin that dwells within us. Which is why the scriptures tells us not to "let sin reign" within us.

Rom 6:12.. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions.

Rom 7:20.. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

Want is a vacuum of thoughts and feelings, which only remain empty. Even when you give a want your still giving to a vacuum, it's the God shaped hole we all have.

I don't have such a hole. Jesus has filled it, and so He promises to give me my desires. They are His desires for me. There is no vacuum. Nothing is empty, nothing is lacking, with Jesus.

Psalm 37:4
Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you your heart’s desires.

Back