Will God and Jesus ever stop loving me? Can someone lose their salvation while on earth?

Yeah I do, because I only have to believe what I know in part. What I know in part is only something I can know for myself, if I knew what you believe I would only know what you knew for yourself.

Do you understand?
Knowing in part does not come from man's analytical, logical mind, but from God the Father who gives Wisdom and understanding to those who ask for it. There is nothing you can know for your, or from your self self except information that is temporary which carries no power to change anything.

This thread is being watched, please keep things civil and don't seek debates as this violates the forum rules.

Thank you.

Yes Fish_of_Faith, everyone is.

We are all being watched very closely, nothing is being missed.
Exactly.

For clarity, this thread is being watched by the staff for any rule violations, all rule violations will result in warnings, edited posts and possibly bans in certain circumstances.

As ever, remember the rules when posting here at CFS.

Oh yes...ever hear of the term, 'the hound of heaven'?

I received Jesus as a child, but in my early teen years after my parents divorced and I moved from Ohio to San Diego, I fell into terrible sin. It started out as listening to heavy metal rock. I started out listening to "seemingly" harmless bands, but this led to listening to bands like Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd. When I was 14 or 15, I started drinking beer, and at 15, I started smoking pot. By then I was rockng to AC DC Highway to Hell. Eventually, the drugs and the music got harder: LSD, Meth, and Black Metal (satanic metal). I also become a blasphemer and hater of God, and I hated when Christians told me that what I was doing was wrong. I had become a sin loving, God hating fool. I also became involved in other sins, that I am too ashamed to even mention, and are probably better left unsaid anyways.

Despite the fact that I had done everything in my power to shut God out, He was still "chasing me down" as Euphemia described it. At times I would be in the middle of doing something sinful, and I would get a strong conviction. But I would always ignore it and keep doing what I was doing.

I also developed an ignorant fascination with the occult. I believe that the drugs, satanic metal, and me trying to dabble in the occult (even though I had no idea what I was doing) was basically opening the door for satan. I began to feel like an evil presence was always around me, and it scared me. I developed phobias. I never wanted to be alone and I was afraid to turn out the lights when I went to bed, because I felt like something was there in the room with me.

One day I decided that I was living like a fool, and decided to change my ways. I had not repented or turned back to God, I just wanted to stop being such a rotten person. I wrote a letter to my mother apologizing to her for all the rotten things I had done and how I had hurt her, and went to bed filled with hope. I felt so happy inside. But suddenly, I was gripped with paralyzing fear. I saw apparitions floating above my head, and felt like demons were trying to enter my body. At that moment, I remembered the God of my childhood, and I began to rebuke them in Jesus' name. It wasnt something I thought about, I just started doing it. They seemed to flee instantly, and my fear was gone. But I suddenly heard the still small voice saying something like "if you don't get your heart right with me, they will only come back. So I prayed for Jesus to "come back in so they wouldnt", and suddenly my eyes were opened. In an instant I saw my sinfulness as God sees it and my heart broke over the ugliness of my sin and how I had despised God and hurt everyone (especially Him) who had ever loved me.. I cried out, Lord please forgive me and I will do whatever you want me to do" A tremendous peace and joy flooded into my soul, and I have never been the same.

All the condemnation and fear and hopelessness was GONE!

The whole point is this....when I read the Bible, I get the sense that if I had died before that night, I would have split hell wide open. The Bible says fornicators, liars, sorcerers, etc will not inherit the Kingodom, and I was all of these and more, so I believe had I died in that condition, I would have perished. But God didnt leave me there. He was still "hunting me down" seeking for me. And when my darkest hour came, and I called upon Him, He came running and not only saved me from my enemies, but clothed me in a new robe, put shoes on my feet and a ring on my finger. Because God never stops loving us. But we must take heed that our love does not grow cold as mine did.

So we can be both confident in His Love, but we must also fear lest we ourselves become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. Confident in His Love, and vigilant against our own weakness. The Spirkt is willing but the flesh is weak, wathc and pray lest you fall into temptation.

Last edited:
Basically in a nutshell...no matter how sinful we might have been in the past or even how sinful we are in the present, the arm of the Lord is never too short to save us. We must develop and maintain a two fold attiitude. That God's Grace is wonderful enough to save and keep us, and secondly that we would never dare to treat that Grace lightly, as I had done (see my earlier post)

I received Jesus as a child, but in my early teen years after my parents divorced and I moved from Ohio to San Diego, I fell into terrible sin. It started out as listening to heavy metal rock. I started out listening to "seemingly" harmless bands, but this led to listening to bands like Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd. When I was 14 or 15, I started drinking beer, and at 15, I started smoking pot. By then I was rockng to AC DC Highway to Hell. Eventually, the drugs and the music got harder: LSD, Meth, and Black Metal (satanic metal). I also become a blasphemer and hater of God, and I hated when Christians told me that what I was doing was wrong. I had become a sin loving, God hating fool. I also became involved in other sins, that I am too ashamed to even mention, and are probably better left unsaid anyways.

Despite the fact that I had done everything in my power to shut God out, He was still "chasing me down" as Euphemia described it. At times I would be in the middle of doing something sinful, and I would get a strong conviction. But I would always ignore it and keep doing what I was doing.

I also developed an ignorant fascination with the occult. I believe that the drugs, satanic metal, and me trying to dabble in the occult (even though I had no idea what I was doing) was basically opening the door for satan. I began to feel like an evil presence was always around me, and it scared me. I developed phobias. I never wanted to be alone and I was afraid to turn out the lights when I went to bed, because I felt like something was there in the room with me.

One day I decided that I was living like a fool, and decided to change my ways. I had not repented or turned back to God, I just wanted to stop being such a rotten person. I wrote a letter to my mother apologizing to her for all the rotten things I had done and how I had hurt her, and went to bed filled with hope. I felt so happy inside. But suddenly, I was gripped with paralyzing fear. I saw apparitions floating above my head, and felt like demons were trying to enter my body. At that moment, I remembered the God of my childhood, and I began to rebuke them in Jesus' name. It wasnt something I thought about, I just started doing it. They seemed to flee instantly, and my fear was gone. But I suddenly heard the still small voice saying something like "if you don't get your heart right with me, they will only come back. So I prayed for Jesus to "come back in so they wouldnt", and suddenly my eyes were opened. In an instant I saw my sinfulness as God sees it and my heart broke over the ugliness of my sin and how I had despised God and hurt everyone (especially Him) who had ever loved me.. I cried out, Lord please forgive me and I will do whatever you want me to do" A tremendous peace and joy flooded into my soul, and I have never been the same.

All the condemnation and fear and hopelessness was GONE!

The whole point is this....when I read the Bible, I get the sense that if I had died before that night, I would have split hell wide open. The Bible says fornicators, liars, sorcerers, etc will not inherit the Kingodom, and I was all of these and more, so I believe had I died in that condition, I would have perished. But God didnt leave me there. He was still "hunting me down" seeking for me. And when my darkest hour came, and I called upon Him, He came running and not only saved me from my enemies, but clothed me in a new robe, put shoes on my feet and a ring on my finger. Because God never stops loving us. But we must take heed that our love does not grow cold as mine did.

So we can be both confident in His Love, but we must also fear lest we ourselves become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. Confident in His Love, and vigilant against our own weakness. The Spirkt is willing but the flesh is weak, wathc and pray lest you fall into temptation.

Just beautiful! God is awesome!!!

Is there any NON-OSAS believers here?

As long as we are IN CHRIST, we are secure in Him. That's all I can say for sure. We certainly don't want to tempt God by testing the boundaries. If we do, it only shows that we are not being real.

If you are abiding in Him, you don't need to worry about whether OSAS or NOSAS is correct. In addition, we will have struggles and at times fall short, but if we walk in the Light as He is in the Light, the blood of Jesus Christ is cleansing us (present tense) from all sin. On the other hand (as you can tell, I have many hands), this is not a license to sin when we feel like sinning.

How do we walk in the Light. By being honest with ourselves and sincere with God. Jesus has given us everything we need to overcome. Our part is to trust, obey, repent when needed, and not faint. No matter how bad it gets. No matter what.

Keep the LIGHT on in your heart, and submit to the LIGHT, and He will lead you, shepherd you, and keep you

Last edited:
Here is a something I wrote on this issue a few years ago...

There exists two extremes in Christianity... and both are false.

One extreme says that we are not saved unless we are absolutely sinless and perfect, and the other says that we are so imperfect that we cannot help but sin on a constant basis. The real truth is that we have been saved from sin ; not just the guilt, but the power as well. Yet sometimes our will gets in the way of us being as free as we can be in Christ.

One problem is that sin is pleasurable and something that our flesh craves. I think the key is letting God change us internally so that we grow to hate sin in ALL of it's forms. The New nature hates sin, the old loves sin, so kill the old and feed the New.

Another problem is that we often do not recognize sin in all of it's forms. I may feel holy because I don't drink, do drugs, lie, steal, fornicate, etc anymore, but I may be prouder than a peacock (which is an abomination to God.) So in this case, I need to receive God's illumination, praying "search me O God and see if there be any wicked way in me". And then respond appropriately when He does

We all have struggles, and always will as long as we are in this body. Yet we must not let sin have dominion over us, for Christ destroyed the power of sin, and God can and is changing our hearts ( if we allow Him)

Another thing to remember is to not let guilt from past sins eat us up. This is probably the chiefest way the devil attacks Christians, and if we fall for it, he will keep us in bondage. When we sin, we need to ask for and receive forgiveness, then get up and start running the race again as hard as we can...

...and never stop until we reach the finish line

Last edited:
...and NO, God will never stop loving you, Timothy. You said you felt hopeless sometimes. Let me tell you what I have learned. God will convict you (and me), chasten you (and me) and even rebuke you (and me), but He will never tell you it is hopeless. That is something that either you are telling yourself or the devil is telling you. You obviously have a heart that desires God, and that AT THE VERY LEAST tells me that it is not hopeless for you. You just need to grab hold of Jesus and NEVER LET GO. No matter what.

The devil wants you to get discouraged and give up. Remember this. No one ever wins a battle by giving up. Hold on. There is no profit whatsoever in giving up on yourself or God.

Keep praying, keep reading the Bible, keep worshipping and fellowshipping with other Christians, and in time you will be established, strong and firm faith. No matter how discouraged you get, keep on keeping on. It worked for me. I used to suffer tremendous attacks from the devil. One time, a very short time after I came back to God, I was reading the Bible, I heard an evil voice in my mind CLEARLY say "you think you are a Christian, but you still belong to me". But he was a liar, and the Father of lies.

The devil still attacks me, but the attacks don't have the same effect on me as they used to. We need to armor up with the whole armor of God. (Ephesians 6:10-18)

I will be praying for you Timothy

Last edited:
Adam, and Eve's disobedience did not happen instantly, as they were first found "desiring" what was forbidden. Scripture tells us "every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust....". Sin does not become sin when someone does it, it becomes sin when they think, and desire it.

Jas 1:14.. But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15.. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Sin becomes sin when it "conceives" in the heart, and then the "bringing forth" of sin is when you but action to it.
Just the fact that Adam, and Eve were standing there looking, and desiring what was forbidden was a sign that sin had already "conceived" in their hearts.
The action part for sure would be the "bringing forth" of abiding sin in them, which brought death.
Jesus says if you just think it, you have sinned Matt 5:28.

I do not think conceiving sin in ones heart taking "minutes" but more like a fraction of a second. The "breaking down" of ones defenses through deception could take time, but the decision to do evil happens in a instant
Yes many instants of sinful thoughts. Perhaps a million thoughts of adultery before actual adultery. So do you agree that Adam and Eve ''sinned' before they ate the fruit?

You can say that if you so choose, but God will bring you around the mountain again and again and again until you choose to do God's will and not your own.

Why would you suggest that when we disregard God's will for us that it could lead to hell? Those who have been cleansed of sin by faith in Jesus Christ and what His blood has done for them, and have a problem with sin might be unhappy, unfulfilled and struggling in their faith, but they need to get in touch with the fact that the Lord says they are free---indeed. They are delivered from hell already because of their faith...yet they still need to stir up their faith to believe what He says in His word!
Please read the post before you reply. This is perhaps the 4th time you saying this and completely missing what I am saying.

Jesus says if you just think it, you have sinned Matt 5:28.

Yes many instants of sinful thoughts. Perhaps a million thoughts of adultery before actual adultery. So do you agree that Adam and Eve ''sinned' before they ate the fruit?

Eve sinned (ate the fruit) in unbelief. Adam seems to have sinned because he put Eve before God, or because she persuaded him. Yet death did not come until the sin was consumnated, ie the actual eating of the fruit.

...and sin when it is finished brings forth death.

So if a person finds themselves going in the wrong direction, it is not too late to turn around and avoid consumnating the sin. The devil blinds us to this fact, so we fail to run to God immedietely and instead sometimes we may allow the internal sin to fester until it manifests itself in outward deed.

We would save ourselves a lot of trouble if we would understand this principle of uprooting the sin before it can become full grown.

Last edited:
Eve sinned (ate the fruit) in unbelief. Adam seems to have sinned because he put Eve before God, or because she persuaded him. Yet death did not come until the sin was consumnated.

...and sin when it is finished brings forth death.
So the thoughts about sinning was not sin?

Sin = death. They had no death until they ''actually'' ate the fruit. Correct?

Back