Window Shopping

Our blinds are all slatted and mostly vertical. We have rolling blackout shades in our bedroom and slatted blinds in the other bedrooms.

Are they easy to clean?
Only problem with curtains is if you have a cat with claws.

I grew up with lacy curtains around the house. Mom and Grandmother could make all kinds of things from doilies to sweaters and often did.

As far as cleaning our blinds go, they are a little trouble, but they have large slats and they seem to stay cleaner than the older style blinds of many years ago.

Pukapuka? I had to look that one up.
This pukapuka?,,,

Pukapuka, formerly Danger Island, is a coral atoll in the northern group of the Cook Islands in the Pacific Ocean. It is one of most remote islands of the Cook Islands, situated about 1,140 kilometres northwest of Rarotonga. Wikipedia
pukapuka means book.

The puka plant has huge leaves that look like big enough to write on. I'm supposing that's where the word pukapuka comes from.

I found some string curtains to put up, and could use them for the doorway too..it might stop children from running into the library.

At the public library we had sliding glass doors and I swear that some people who didn't see the glass just walked straight into them.

Many book worms have their heads in deep thought and are not watching their surroundings. The next thing you know...BOOM!

It also happens to some people that stare at their phones...

I once saw someone walk off a subway platform while texting. He got back up (but I think he had dropped his phone).

No curtains in our home. Just blinds mostly and some blackout shades in our bedroom.

Are they the rolling blinds or the slat blinds?

I notice some of the other classrooms have roll blinds now.
Maybe the library missed out on that installation/renovation.

I talked to the caretaker and he said the office has got decals made so I could talk to their signwriter that they know. They look like maori motif/triangles.
I am hoping to have a big sign in the glass window that says Library/Whare pukapuka . Preferably in colour so it stands out. White is only good on a dark background, you won't see it on clear glass.

Only curtains in our home as well. Our home was once filled with blinds but now we can see.

L😎L!

Well I managed to find some string curtains, they are blue with silver sparkles. I got the caretaker to hang them up, he drilled some hooks and strung them above the door. So now when the door is open you just part the strings and they close after you.

Are they easy to clean?
Only problem with curtains is if you have a cat with claws.
Well I managed to find some string curtains, they are blue with silver sparkles. I got the caretaker to hang them up, he drilled some hooks and strung them above the door. So now when the door is open you just part the strings and they close after you.
Your cat won’t play ‘stretch the string’?

Back