Window Shopping

Trying to find those vinyl cling film stickers that you can peel off so you can change them around.
I've got a thermometer that tells the temperature that you can stick in the window.

I had to get off the sticky sellotape with methalayted spirits as it leaves a mark. So I've tried using bluetack instead of sellotape. But it looks tacky of course.

I had to get off the sticky sellotape with methalayted spirits as it leaves a mark. So I've tried using bluetack instead of sellotape. But it looks tacky of course.
Wow, NZ must have a different dictionary than here in the U.S.

sellotape = Scotch Tape or Cellophane Tape
methylated spirits = Denatured Alcohol
bluetack = Blu tack (well. that one is in agreement). lol

Apparently the teachers are learners but the Principal is another matter.
She said the string curtain had to go, as it could get caught on a child's earring. I thought, why are children even wearing earrings? Its not my problem - its the child's fault for wearing dangly earrings.

Anyway. I moved it to one side, and had the library open as usual at lunchtime. 3 boys raced in and continued racing around chasing each other in the library even when I told them to stop and go outside, they didn't listen.

I told the principal who told the me to get the teacher to sort it which resulted to banning 3 boys from the library for running. And this was the Principal who told me to take down a sign a child had made that said NO RUNNING in the Library. Apparently she objected because it was a list of NOs.

sigh.

What to do now?

I told the principal who told the me to get the teacher to sort it which resulted to banning 3 boys from the library for running. And this was the Principal who told me to take down a sign a child had made that said NO RUNNING in the Library. Apparently she objected because it was a list of NOs.

sigh.

What to do now?
Well you could continue 'sighing' or you could try posting a 'positive' sign that says "WALKING ONLY" lol.

I had one before that said Quiet Please, we're reading.
Plus instructions on what to do i.e take out a book, get it issued, read it and then get another one

But the principal got me to take down all signs as they were HANDWRITTEN and stuck on with sellotape. What does she expect?
I don't want people walking in the library as if that's all you do in there.

I put it all on her again because she's the one that has to deal with it. Seems stupid I would expect better leadership from someone who runs as school you know, like maybe if she wanted all professional signs made she would actually provide some.

Not a chance!

another child made 'respect the library' and I'm sure there was one called 'bring back you're books' (sic) but she objected to those as well.

If someone made a sign that said 'no parking' for no parking space would you object and make them change to Keep Clear' because it was negative? Sometimes you have to say NO.

Remember this by the Five Man Electrical Band?
(it might be her motto song)

And the sign said
"Long-haired freaky people
Need not apply"
So I tucked my hair up under my hat
And I went in to ask him why
He said, "You look like a fine upstandin' young man
I think you'll do"
So I took off my hat and said, "Imagine that
Huh, me workin' for you"
Whoa
Sign, sign
Everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery
Breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that
Can't you read the sign?
And the sign said
"Anybody caught trespassin'
Will be shot on sight"
So I jumped on the fence and I yelled at the house
"Hey! What gives you the right
To put up a fence to keep me out
But to keep Mother Nature in?
If God was here, he'd tell you to your face
'Man, you're some kind of sinner'"
Sign, sign
Everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery
Breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that…

honestly, wouldn't you think the teachers and principle would be pleased to see signs that children have made quoting good behaviour.

I think the world has gone mad. the teachers and principles are so scared of what might happen if there is an inspection and they get less than a 5 star. its all about image these days. I sometimes wonder if these teachers and principles even have time to actually enjoy teaching and seeing their pupils grow.

sigh

sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh

lol. sighing just means I need to breathe here before I do some more damage.

I know some people don't even like other people to breathe. Stop sighing.

Anyway. I went and bought a purple and green welcome mat. I will put it on the inside of the door. Because it is a bright purple and green colour, they will be sure to see it. And it might stop them from just wandering on in thinking 'this is a racecourse, I can run around in here'

I have also got a little blue tent for reading. I had to check to make sure it couldn't close and didn't have any zips or holes or snags before I put it in. My rule is 2 people max in the tent, and you have to be reading a book. I tell people the rule.

I need two tents because if I just have one, there will be fights.

A had a suggestion box and the children themselves wrote 'please have instructions at the front door of the library, so we know what to do before we come in'. So that's what I did and the principal seems to want the complete opposite. I think she needs to work for a whole day in the library (especially lunchtime) and see what it's like.

Why would I send her that crossnote.
That has nothing to do with the library. Honestly are you trying to be funny cos I am not in the mood.

I haven't been paid since February.

thanks crossnote.
I think I have been a bit harsh on my Principal, she's only human and also gets cold and sick just like the rest of us.
Obviously she sees overall picture instead of us workers who are on the ground/coalface everyday. But we pick up the details she misses and she sees the overall things we can't (or aren't allowed, or don't have to deal with). Finding a balance between to the two can be tricky though.

You haven’t been paid since February?
How do they expect you to survive?
ha
I have another job
But yea, I now got it sorted. Their silly payroll system dropped me for no reason.
Come end of month, I will have all my backpay. But I was totally shocked that happened. Technology huh.

In the olden days, we would have gotten our pay in little packets every week and had to go to the bank to deposit it if we didn't spend it or stuff it under the mattress. Nowadays, it's all electronic.

Back