Window Shopping

I have been surviving on the free school lunches. It also helps that I haven't bothered to rent a house but live where I grew up with my folks. But the humiliation social wise is less than having a warm, dry home, food and hot water.

Checks (or cheques) have been completely phased out now. But at least with cheques they were a piece of paper you had to...check.

The last time I got paid cash in hand, or by cheque was when I was in school doing an after school job.

Last christmas the boss from one job gave me a bonus in the form of a Prezzy card.

Otherwise, it's all digital/online. You don't know if it's real money or not. It's just numbers. If they make a mistake, they just reverse it out again, as happened once, when I got paid $1000 more. We could have kept quiet and not said anything and spent it, but they got on to that one pretty quick.

I do know that cheques can be fraudulent as well and you have to balance a cheque book, which I remember doing when I had one.

We don't have that on NZ money.

We have Queen Elizabeth 2's head on our coins. As she gets older, they just update her profile.

I think it would be weird to have God on our money. It's like those notes you burn from the Chinese shop for Hell's Bank. It wouldn't feel right to spend it on yourself.

Back