Would You Lie To Save A Innocent Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you completely. I am not arguing the right or wrong of this thing, all I am saying is that given the right opportunity and situation, all of us would tell a lie especially to save the life of a child or loved one.

And if I my be so bold, I would also add that if you think you would not tell a lie to save a childes life," ......................................................".

I thought twice about what I was going to say and didn't say it. I am thinking it but didn't say it.

It's OK Major I respect your beliefs on this subject. Not all will agree with me in what I say. The last forum I was own every single person there thought I was way off base, and called me a heretic. Eventually I received the coveted left foot of fellowship from them. I was not surprised at all. There will always be resistance to truth, but the Word never returns void, it always prospers where it is sent. Some times you see it happen, sometimes not.

It's OK Major I respect your beliefs on this subject. Not all will agree with me in what I say. The last forum I was own every single person there thought I was way off base, and called me a heretic. Eventually I received the coveted left foot of fellowship from them. I was not surprised at all. There will always be resistance to truth, but the Word never returns void, it always prospers where it is sent. Some times you see it happen, sometimes not.
Brother have you ever considered your just not being "honest" about your ability to be "honest"? You have already admitted you lie on occasion ..Im sure that you did not intend to lie? I tell you that in the right circumstances you would do what it took to preserve innocent life, even if you had to yield some of your SELF-righteousness...which is what you are promoting on this thread. Righteousness based upon keeping the "letter" of the law! That's self-righteousness brother!

Last edited:
Brother have you ever considered your just not being "honest" about your ability to be "honest"? You have already admitted you lie on occasion ..Im sure that you did not intend to lie? I tell you that in the right circumstances you would do what it took to preserve innocent life, even if you had to yield some of your SELF-righteousness...which is what you are promoting on this thread. Righteousness based upon keeping the "letter" of the law! That's self-righteousness brother!

In another post I gave scriptures that says, we are not ever to say what we would do in any given situation because we do not know what tomorrow or the future holds, only God knows that, and he does not want us to worry about it. All of this kind of speaking is called boasting which is in the eyes of God called evil. For me to say what I would do or say in that kind of situation is only speculating and I could not guarantee what my actions would be, neither can anyone else. Just in exactly the same way all the Apostles of Jesus said, they would go and die with Jesus, yet all of them fell away!! They spoke not knowing all the details of Jesus's arrest, and it is easy for anyone to say what they would do when all is well until that time came to put up. I would not want and try and take words out of God's mouth of what I would say or do until I actually find my self in that kind of situation.

James 4:13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
James 4:15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
James 4:16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

Brother have you ever considered your just not being "honest" about your ability to be "honest"? You have already admitted you lie on occasion ..Im sure that you did not intend to lie? I tell you that in the right circumstances you would do what it took to preserve innocent life, even if you had to yield some of your SELF-righteousness...which is what you are promoting on this thread. Righteousness based upon keeping the "letter" of the law! That's -righteousness brother!

How can I be promoting self righteousness when all I have spoken of is letting God that dwells in the Christian do his work through us and not that person? The born again Christian knows already they are dead to the law through the body of Christ, and are no longer under it. I have lied before as all Christians have done also. I am still learning and growing into that image I see in the mirror of God Word. Excuse me if I fail and or stumble at times.

In another post I gave scriptures that says, we are not ever to say what we would do in any given situation because we do not know what tomorrow or the future holds, only God knows that, and he does not want us to worry about it. All of this kind of speaking is called boasting which is in the eyes of God called evil. For me to say what I would do or say in that kind of situation is only speculating and I could not guarantee what my actions would be, neither can anyone else. Just in exactly the same way all the Apostles of Jesus said, they would go and die with Jesus, yet all of them fell away!! They spoke not knowing all the details of Jesus's arrest, and it is easy for anyone to say what they would do when all is well until that time came to put up. I would not want and try and take words out of God's mouth of what I would say or do until I actually find my self in that kind of situation.

James 4:13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
James 4:15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
James 4:16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.
Do you not see brother, that YOU presented this condition to have others judge what THEY would do, and then attempt to judge the actions of others by a standard you do not keep yourself? YOU and others are the ones who seem to be boasting in their ability to keep the written code of the law, not those of us who allow that we would seek a way to save innocent life!

How can I be promoting self righteousness when all I have spoken of is letting God that dwells in the Christian do his work through us and not that person? The born again Christian knows already they are dead to the law through the body of Christ, and are no longer under it. I have lied before as all Christians have done also. I am still learning and growing into that image I see in the mirror of God Word. Excuse me if I fail and or stumble at times.
There is not one in a hundred Christians who understand this truth! And when you present the standard of the written code to judge others by the letter, it appears you don't really understand what this means either?

To me it is not about on or off base. It is that you guys are not living in the real world.

What you are saying is not even Biblical!!!!!

Who remembers what David said in Psalms 116:11????

I said in my alarm, “All mankind are liars.” New American Standard Bible
I said in my alarm, "All men are liars." King James Bible
I said in my haste, All men are liars. Holman Christian Standard Bible
In my alarm I said," Everyone is a liar." International Standard Version
and speak hastily, "All people are liars!" NET Bible
I rashly declared, "All men are liars." Aramaic Bible in Plain English

I know the explination of what he said, but he did say that "All men are liars".

No one is advocating lieing as a way of life or even as a joke. My focus is on those who say they would not lie to save an innocent child.

Do you not see brother, that YOU presented this condition to have others judge what THEY would do, and then attempt to judge the actions of others by a standard you do not keep yourself? YOU and others are the ones who seem to be boasting in their ability to keep the written code of the law, not those of us who allow that we would seek a way to save innocent life!

Agreed!

Think about it!

To me it is not about on or off base. It is that you guys are not living in the real world.

What you are saying is not even Biblical!!!!!

Who remembers what David said in Psalms 116:11????

I said in my alarm, “All mankind are liars.” New American Standard Bible
I said in my alarm, "All men are liars." King James Bible
I said in my haste, All men are liars. Holman Christian Standard Bible
In my alarm I said," Everyone is a liar." International Standard Version
and speak hastily, "All people are liars!" NET Bible
I rashly declared, "All men are liars." Aramaic Bible in Plain English

I know the explination of what he said, but he did say that "All men are liars".

No one is advocating lieing as a way of life or even as a joke. My focus is on those who say they would not lie to save an innocent child.

Do you not understand that when someone says "I would lie to save a innocent life" what you are really doing is boasting and making your self look holy and just in what you would do, when in truth you could not guarantee what you really would do? Nobody can, not even the 12 Apostles who tried that same kind of thinking and fell away on the same day!!!

There is not one in a hundred Christians who understand this truth! And when you present the standard of the written code to judge others by the letter, it appears you don't really understand what this means either?

So, you think a Christian can not possible know and understand scriptures?

Do you not understand that when someone says "I would lie to save a innocent life" what you are really doing is boasting and making your self look holy and just in what you would do, when in truth you could not guarantee what you really would do? Nobody can, not even the 12 Apostles who tried that same kind of thinking and fell away on the same day!!!
No one has suggested that they "desire" to lie or has anyone boasted in that they would lie! What we have done is consider the situation based upon your condition and came to the honest position that if needed to defend an innocent life, we would do what was needful to preserve that life. If that includes a "lie" or some sort of physical reaction or what ever, its is always righteous to preserve innocent life. Much like the Lord taught that one would break the written code of the Sabbath to preserve life! Bother your continued lack of honesty on this issue, really harms your testimony before those of us who walk in true righteousness.

So, you think a Christian can not possible know and understand scriptures?
Did I say that? Are you now attempting to bear false witness? So do you now become a false witness to defend the commandment? See this is the blinding hypocrisy of those who "pretend" to keep the written code of the law!

Did I say that? Are you now attempting to bear false witness? So do you now become a false witness to defend the commandment? See this is the blinding hypocrisy of those who "pretend" to keep the written code of the law!

Brother you don't seem to be connecting the dots.....I am not trying to keep any thing, my only work is to believe the truth of God's Word, and when I do that Christ which is my life works through me. It has nothing to do with me or you, it is all about Christ.

Brother you don't seem to be connecting the dots.....I am not trying to keep any thing, my only work is to believe the truth of God's Word, and when I do that Christ which is my life works through me. It has nothing to do with me or you, it is all about Christ.
Hey you just made a "false" charge against "me"..A righteous man of God! So you think that is OK before the Lord?

No one has suggested that they "desire" to lie or has anyone boasted in that they would lie! What we have done is consider the situation based upon your condition and came to the honest position that if needed to defend an innocent life, we would do what was needful to preserve that life. If that includes a "lie" or some sort of physical reaction or what ever, its is always righteous to preserve innocent life. Much like the Lord taught that one would break the written code of the Sabbath to preserve life! Bother your continued lack of honesty on this issue, really harms your testimony before those of us who walk in true righteousness.

The problem is, it is not up to you what is to be said or done, that is God's job. You either believe the scripture that says if you say such things you are boasting and it is evil. We base our actions only on what we believe the word says not what we say.

The problem is, it is not up to you what is to be said or done, that is God's job. You either believe the scripture that says if you say such things you are boasting and it is evil. We base our actions only on what we believe the word says not what we say.
Well the Word says that its right to save life, and that the "letter" kills and the "spirit" gives life...those who would see an innocent person killed to keep their own self-righteousness are NOT walking in the truth. They are walking in death!

If Christ who is now your life, and he is the one who is in control of your actions and words, why would you think he would lie?
As 1 john tells us.....

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Christ would never lie, or sin. So why are you overruling his control in your life to do you own thing?

If Christ who is now your life, and he is the one who is in control of your actions and words, why would you think he would lie?
As 1 john tells us.....

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Christ would never lie, or sin. So why are you overruling his control in your life to do you own thing?
Hold on a min...you already admitted that you often lie! So what does the scripture mean to you? Or are you trying to judge others by a standard you do not keep? AGAIN?

Hold on a min...you already admitted that you often lie! So what does the scripture mean to you? Or are you trying to judge others by a standard you do not keep? AGAIN?

I did not say I lie often, I said I have before, but not often. Letting this mind be in me and letting Christ who is my life be in control is the key to victory. I would not say I would lie to save a life because Christ in me would never lie. If we know that lying is a sin why make provisions for doing so, when you know without a shadow of doubt it is wrong?

I did not say I lie often, I said I have before, but not often. Letting this mind be in me and letting Christ who is my life be in control is the key to victory. I would not say I would lie to save a life because Christ in me would never lie. If we know that lying is a sin why make provisions for doing so, when you know without a shadow of doubt it is wrong?
Well its not wrong to save the life of the innocent...it is wrong to allow the innocent to die so that one can boast in their own SELF-righteousness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back