Would You Lie To Save A Innocent Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it is not wrong to save a innocent life, whats wrong is lying.
Well That's the issue...and all the law is fulfilled in one word "love" and to act in love is to act in truth..it is not a lie to act in love, only the hypocrite would think that way.

Well That's the issue...and all the law is fulfilled in one word "love" and to act in love is to act in truth..it is not a lie to act in love, only the hypocrite would think that way.

Since God is love, and faith works by love (God), only God can do the works of faith, not us, plus he never lies.

Again - Wow! Mitspa, why is it you accuse people who disagree with your point of view? You seem to want to make it an issue of OT law versus NT faith/grace. You say you don't advocate lies and yet you are saying under Christ it is now "righteous"? The ends justify the means? And Major? You talk about living in the real - 3d world? Good, so do I. What I am saying is: there are ways not to lie and save an "innocent" life and that's what you should reach for. If you have to lie, sobeit, but why try to justify it? In my 3d experience, lies come back to haunt you no matter your good intentions. Misdirection, omission, partial truths, and silence may not be entirely straight forward, but they are far more effective than lies - both short and long term. Lies are flesh things - rely on God, not some knee jerk flesh reaction. Lies are not of God. Do we know all of God's truth? No. My first response in said hypothetical situation is to ask for God's help. Then take a few seconds to calm down and listen. When I did that in real life situations - He never told me to lie. Just sayin'

Is it Murder or Manslaughter?

I think this is similar to killing:

We need to establish if there is IMMINENT DANGER…

Question: Is morally wrong to kill someone for self-defense?

Man’s law define it very clear….
That one is still guilty of killing, but, the culpability lessen.

It is not MURDER, but rather MANSLAUGHTER.

But, if the jury sees that for reason of SELF-DEFENSE, there is really NO IMMINENT danger…
That one who claims SELF-DEFENSE is still in danger of charged with murder..

Say, a skinny guy carrying a knife to rob your house, and you a are big built guy with a shotgun : )

Another one that can make manslaughter to kinda murder: EXCESSIVE FORCE

Reminds me of a movie by Nicholas Cage, Con Air….

The scene is surely he is just defending himself and his pregnant wife…vs a robber with a knife…

But since Nicholas Cage applied “excessive force” of martial arts, he went to jail for sometime…..8 years!

Btw, one of my first jobs was as a Child Abuse and Neglect Investigator, in my idealistic 20's, so I guess I can say I saved a few innocent lives, at least temporarily.

Since God is love, and faith works by love (God), only God can do the works of faith, not us, plus he never lies.
What? of course we are called to walk in love, and our faith is to work by love! Your right Jesus would not have to lie, all he would have to say is "I Am" and every bad guy would fall down before Him. But that's not the issue you have raised, you have raised a issue of self-righteousness that is so blind, it would rather see a innocent person die than to walk in love. You seem willing to make any charge or to come up with any fallacy of logic to defend this position of your own SELF-righteousness!

Again - Wow! Mitspa, why is it you accuse people who disagree with your point of view? You seem to want to make it an issue of OT law versus NT faith/grace. You say you don't advocate lies and yet you are saying under Christ it is now "righteous"? The ends justify the means? And Major? You talk about living in the real - 3d world? Good, so do I. What I am saying is: there are ways not to lie and save an "innocent" life and that's what you should reach for. If you have to lie, sobeit, but why try to justify it? In my 3d experience, lies come back to haunt you no matter your good intentions. Misdirection, omission, partial truths, and silence may not be entirely straight forward, but they are far more effective than lies - both short and long term. Lies are flesh things - rely on God, not some knee jerk flesh reaction. Lies are not of God. Do we know all of God's truth? No. My first response in said hypothetical situation is to ask for God's help. Then take a few seconds to calm down and listen. When I did that in real life situations - He never told me to lie. Just sayin'
Because that's exactly what this issue is! Legalism that is so blind it would see the innocent die rather than to walk in love and save life! This is a discussion between the "law of Moses" and the "law of Christ"..love. It very much shows how legalism would rather see and innocent person die than to save life in love! This is exactly the position the Pharisees would have taken against Christ.

I lived it - have you? You ignore the baby in the bathwater. And you break God's heart. And you accuse without reason. You are the self righteous.

I lived it - have you? You ignore the baby in the bathwater. And you break God's heart. And you accuse without reason. You are the self righteous.
Yes I live and walk in the truth, I don't pretend and boast about my ability to keep the written code of the law, and God is well-pleased with me! If you feel He is grieved in some way? Its most likely with the hardness of the hearts of those who would not cast their own righteousness down (as dung) and take up His Commandment to love and to save life.

Last edited:
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 ¶ And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

I have gone thru how many days and not said one lie. I will continue and not lie because I do not see the sense in it. I walk in the truth because I don't see any other way to walk. I don't take any pride from it - I just don't see any other way to walk.

I have gone thru how many days and not said one lie. I will continue and not lie because I do not see the sense in it. I walk in the truth because I don't see any other way to walk. I don't take any pride from it - I just don't see any other way to walk.
No one has in any way suggested that lying is desired or that anyone should practice lying. What has been discussed is what we would do to save innocent life. I reject violence and hope that I would never harm another living being, in fact I have walked in and among the criminals, rapist and murders of our society. I have been locked in cages with these people and led many of them to faith in Christ. I know God protects His people and my hope is that I would never need to defend myself in a physical way. But be sure that I would defend a child with whatever physical strength I have, and would be sure that God would justify me in my actions.

What has been discussed is that lying is okay if your intention is good. I have major problems with that. You call lying justified and righteous and anyone who doesn't hop on board as dishonest and not walking with God. I will not agree. Ever. You should feel shame.

What has been discussed is that lying is okay if your intention is good. I have major problems with that. You call lying justified and righteous and anyone who doesn't hop on board as dishonest and not walking with God. I will not agree. Ever. You should feel shame.
No to save innocent life, if needed...and those who claim they would allow an innocent child to die at the hands of a killer (or a rapist) to hold on to their own false sense of self-righteousness, should be ashamed to have such hard and dishonest hearts.

No to save innocent life, if needed...and those who claim they would allow an innocent child to die at the hands of a killer (or a rapist) to hold on to their own false sense of self-righteousness, should be ashamed to have such hard and dishonest hearts.

In a hypothetical case, you reach for lie(s). I rest my case.

In a hypothetical case, you reach for lie(s). I rest my case.

Not necessarily. In a dire situation, what comes out of our mouths may be words to allay the threat. God, as our Lord, will govern the result of that. What we say has less of an impact on the circumstance than the fact that we are King's kids in jeopardy and in need of the Lord's intervention.

I highly doubt that in a sudden emergency w will stop and think about what to say or do, but as King's kids---God will work through us, imperfect response or not. He sees our hearts, and no one else---thank God.

Jas 1:19 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;

Pro 10:19 When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.

Pro 29:20 Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Never be quick to answer any question. Wait and the Holy Spirit will tell you what to say and do.

Yes I think folks can see that some of you are not being "honest" about your ability to be "honest".. To save a innocent person or child from death or harm, I would lie if I was forced too to save them from harm? I also know I would be just and right before the Lord in this. If there was some other way? He would correct me in His kindness toward me..but He would rejoice in the innocent life that was delivered from harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back