Would You Lie To Save A Innocent Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ro 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Ro 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

2Co 3:6 ¶ Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Well gee you just admitted that you lie many times..and now you want to condemn others to hell for doing what is right before the Lord and who don't go along with your legalistic reading of the word? Be sure that you are bearing "false witness" in this thread! The "letter" kills...do you have any understanding of what that means?

Amazing how some claim to be saved, condone lying. It's of the Devil, He is the author and a father to those that follow his practices.

Just going through this thread is very disturbing.

I can't think of one situation where you would have to lie to save someone's life........... Not one.

Some brought up Nazi's and hunting Jews you may be hiding..... I can promise even if you did not say a word, if they are going to ask, they are still planing to search. It's not like they came to the door and said, "Any Jews you hiding." and you say nope, no Jews here. Then the say, "OK, thank you for helping out, see ya around."

Ignorance is a weapon of the devil.

If we think that lying is OK under certain trying times, or when we are in duress we will be much willing to lie when things get tough.
Amazing how some claim to be saved, condone lying. It's of the Devil, He is the author and a father to those that follow his practices.

I can't think of one situation where you would have to lie to save someone's life........... Not one.

Some brought up Nazi's and hunting Jews you may be hiding..... I can promise even if you did not say a word, if they are going to ask, they are still planing to search. It's not like they came to the door and said, "Any Jews you hiding." and you say nope, no Jews here. Then the say, "OK, thank you for helping out, see ya around."

If we think that lying is OK under certain trying times, or when we are in duress we will be much willing to lie when things get tough.

Then stop lying...:eek:

If an known evil man with a known evil intention wanted me to tell him where one of my family members was, I wouldn't hesitate to send him packing either on a wild goose chase and/or with no information but a sharp rebuke.

Jos 2:3 And the king of Jericho sent unto Rahab, saying, Bring forth the men that are come to thee, which are entered into thine house: for they be come to search out all the country.
4 And the woman took the two men, and hid them, and said thus, There came men unto me, but I wist not whence they were:

If an known evil man with a known evil intention wanted me to tell him where one of my family members was, I wouldn't hesitate to send him packing either on a wild goose chase and/or with no information but a sharp rebuke.
That's the only "honest" answer that an "honest" person would suggest. If you watch these folks who are preaching a standard they do not keep, they will all be caught in a lie and then just try to explain it away as Mike has done over and over. The whole forum caught him in a lie and he still would not admit it! I think what they are saying is NEVER ADMIT A LIE!

The Lord can more than protect without lying. I agree. I have seen it over and over. Even in my own life. Jesus never Lied, even when brought up. He just kept quite.

I would really like to go over some folks tax returns....lol and see how they "never" would bend the truth...:rolleyes:

I guess I should not have claimed that billion dollars I did not really give the Church...... Not my fault, I was trying to figure out how tax Write offs worked.............. right??? We all have a right to learn, don't we?

The Lord can more than protect without lying. I agree. I have seen it over and over. Even in my own life. Jesus never Lied, even when brought up. He just kept quite.

Sure He can...and does.

He also blesses with power the words we do choose to speak, if we are truly walking in the Spirit. If they are not super-spiritual words, He will still use them for His purposes. We are to set a guard over our mouths, yes, and all the while, whenever we speak out of our humanity, if it should be less than perfect and holy, it will still conform to His purposes, praise Jesus.

I would really like to go over some folks tax returns....lol and see how they "never" would bend the truth...:rolleyes:

I guess I should not have claimed that billion dollars I did not really give the Church...... Not my fault, I was trying to figure out how tax Write offs worked.............. right??? We all have a right to learn, don't we?
Yea its funny some grant that "mercy" for themselves and then judge others by a different standard...funny how religion works...lol

Then stop lying...:eek:
I think there is a very thin difference between pharisees and modern day believers (including me)
Pharisees - Knew what was right and believed they were living a perfect life
Modern day believers - Knows what is right and knows they cannot keep up to it and need grace of God..

W.r.t to this topic, not lying is the right thing to do.. By saying one should not lie, I am not saying I do not lie! That is very different.. I know what i should not do.. I still do the very same thing.. because I am still in flesh.. But I am slowly learning to deny my flesh and walk in the Spirit

Maybe we have a miss understanding in how things are suppose to work in doing righteousness.

I all ways wondered how Abraham could have taken his son of promise and offer him as a sacrifice.

How could he do such a thing was a mystery until certain understanding of scriptures came to me.

There was no possible way Abraham could ever offer his son to God unless he first believed The Word of God that was given unto him. We automatically think he went in his own strength and power to be obedient to God's command. No way, never happen, it was impossible!!!! How do I know this?

Because Jesus tells us.....

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Without the Word of God abiding in the heart there is no possible way any person can do

righteousness, not even Abraham. Even Jesus said this about himself......

John_5:30 I can of mine own self donothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Joh_5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son candonothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

If Jesus said he could do nothing of himself, or could do anything, then who are we to think we can do any of our own selfs? Do we know something Jesus did not? Are we stronger then him? Our only work in this life is to believe the Word, and that's it. Anytime we do any thing on own own we are doing iniquity!!!! Did not Jesus say there will be a day in which many will say to him, “did WE not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And what was Jesus response back to them?

I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

WE, I, me is not suppose to do anything except believe the truth of his Word. It is the Word in us that does the works not us, and that is Jesus Christ. Since we could not fulfill the law of God, God sent his Son to fulfill the law for us. Have you heard that saying, “if you want things to be done right, you have to do it yourself.” Jesus fulfilled the law and then God took that exact same Spirit that was in Jesus and he placed it in us. A spirit that can NEVER lie , NEVER sin because his seed remains in us and we have been born again by that incorruptible seed of the Word of God in which our only work was to believe the truth. Who is working through you? You or the Word of God?. Hopefully not you which can only do iniquity.

Hey I want you to know CCW..I see the truth of Christ in you, I defend the truth I believe in very strong terms but I do see those who belong to the Lord..even if they have some error that needs to be corrected in my view..:)

Major? Hey (waving)...I believe the Army has a way to deal with the situation you described: It's called name, rank, and serial number. If my child was under my bed, and I can't think of a worse situation, I am going to be too busy praying that the child doesn't give him/herself away to answer such a question, while the child hears what is done to me. You are right about not knowing absolutely how you will react in a given situation - but my first reaction would be to ask God for help. Again, you conclude anyone bent on evil is going to believe your lie. Or that the lie will do any good. Justifying lies? Hey good luck with with that and I hope it works for you. It's not my place to judge anyone's behavior - only mine. Having actually been in bad situations, misdirection, silence and omission always worked for me. Lies never did.

Hey I want you to know CCW..I see the truth of Christ in you, I defend the truth I believe in very strong terms but I do see those who belong to the Lord..even if they have some error that needs to be corrected in my view..:)

I know the people who come here to this forum are seeking the truth as we all are. Even though we might not think this, but we are in a spiritual war as each one brings to the board truth as they see it. As iron sharpens iron each person becomes sharper form another person who might see things differently. Sometimes learning truth, at least to me, is not a pleasant activity because before you can build upon the foundation you first have to tear down the wood, hay, and stubble, then build with jewels, gold, and precious stones. That is the not fun part, and I dislike it. It reminds of doing a remodel of a building which at first the tearing down causes a huge mess and it is hard to see anything good coming out of it until the end. I am all ways learning new things from the Lord, so much so I can not keep up with it. Coming to this board causes one to really seek the truth and double check what we know to make sure we are right. If we get upset over something said it is usually because what we first believed might not be right.
Truth can never be moved, changed or shaken, and those who have it are never moved by what others might say about them.
Like Jesus said, "Wisdom is known by all her children"

Major? Hey (waving)...I believe the Army has a way to deal with the situation you described: It's called name, rank, and serial number. If my child was under my bed, and I can't think of a worse situation, I am going to be too busy praying that the child doesn't give him/herself away to answer such a question, while the child hears what is done to me. You are right about not knowing absolutely how you will react in a given situation - but my first reaction would be to ask God for help. Again, you conclude anyone bent on evil is going to believe your lie. Or that the lie will do any good. Justifying lies? Hey good luck with with that and I hope it works for you. It's not my place to judge anyone's behavior - only mine. Having actually been in bad situations, misdirection, silence and omission always worked for me. Lies never did.

Waving back!

The Army has that option and it is a World ide option for all military personnel. The problem is that no one followes that option.

I hear what you are saying but in the real world where I live I can promise you that anyone and everyone will tell a lie to keep family members safe. I agree with what you are saying but it just is not going to happen.

I have absolutely no problem with telling an intruder a lie or misinform them until I can get old Betsey ready. (about 3 seconds).

Ask any man who served in war situations on this forum if they would tell the enemy the truth when tortured for information.

Ask me. NO!

I know the people who come here to this forum are seeking the truth as we all are. Even though we might not think this, but we are in a spiritual war as each one brings to the board truth as they see it. As iron sharpens iron each person becomes sharper form another person who might see things differently. Sometimes learning truth, at least to me, is not a pleasant activity because before you can build upon the foundation you first have to tear down the wood, hay, and stubble, then build with jewels, gold, and precious stones. That is the not fun part, and I dislike it. It reminds of doing a remodel of a building which at first the tearing down causes a huge mess and it is hard to see anything good coming out of it until the end. I am all ways learning new things from the Lord, so much so I can not keep up with it. Coming to this board causes one to really seek the truth and double check what we know to make sure we are right. If we get upset over something said it is usually because what we first believed might not be right.
Truth can never be moved, changed or shaken, and those who have it are never moved by what others might say about them.
Like Jesus said, "Wisdom is known by all her children"

I agree with you completely. I am not arguing the right or wrong of this thing, all I am saying is that given the right opportunity and situation, all of us would tell a lie especially to save the life of a child or loved one.

And if I my be so bold, I would also add that if you think you would not tell a lie to save a childes life," ......................................................".

I thought twice about what I was going to say and didn't say it. I am thinking it but didn't say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back