Are We Close To The Second Coming?

Talks - I'm sure your experience had to do with spirits and not the Holy Spirit because I take you at your word. Why not take my word for what my experience was? The times I was referring to were between myself and one or two other people and we were talking of God and we were learning. Some of us reached life changing understanding. It brought us closer to God - not further. If we had to explain each and every one of our experiences, Posts would be book length. I don't have a problem to discern when God is talking to me, albeit I might be slow on the uptake to do what he wants. I'm like that parable of the two sons, where when the Father asks them to do something, the first son grumbles and drags his feet but in the end does his Father's will - that would be me. I kvetch, and argue, and question but I do his will. He dragged me kicking and screaming back to this web site. And now I'm so glad he did.

Oh and Talks, I may be beating a dead horse, but did it ever occur to you that the charge in the air and the "tingle" you felt were really the Holy Spirit alerting you to the fact that what you heard was not of God? Just wondering if you are giving yourself credit for discerning what the Holy Spirit actually did.

Silk

The Holy Spirit being in us does not need to charge the air outside of us to get our attention when the Good Shepherd will speak to us through the Holy Spirit within us. Using a phenomenon with no message is just directing our attention to the phenomenon and not His word. That is what seducing spirits will do as that is the work of the antichrist in taking our eyes off of the Son which the real indwelling Holy Spirit would never lead us to do because the Son is the Bridegroom for us to be relating to God personally by and not by phenomenons that comes with no message.

Correct!

Not one single person on the face of the earth in the days of Noah was prepared neither fif they care, until the first rain drop fell and than it was too late. Not a single person that heard Noah preach for 120 years came to the Lord except the members of his family.

Major - they may not have been prepared but they were warned. Still they mocked Noah for building the Ark. The thing that intrigues me that all of the Patriarchs from Adam on down were alive to the time Noah reached age 50. (if I remember my notes on Genesis correctly) And they all passed (or in Enoch's case taken) well before work on the Ark was begun.

Major Posts: Correct!

Not one single person on the face of the earth in the days of Noah was prepared neither did they care, until the first rain drop fell and than it was too late. Not a single person that heard Noah preach for 120 years came to the Lord except the members of his family.

See Post #48 for my answer. I take it back - maybe they weren't "warned" per se. But I gotta guess, they chose to allow evil to overwhelm them. Noah wouldn't have been the only patriarch teaching about God and none of those were taken by the flood - they were taken by death.

Do you think that there are any signs, today, that we are moving into that time period?

Every generation in Church history has thought that the coming of Christ was just around the corner.

It seems that everyone did :)

I recall scripture saying to not be deceived, that the falling away will take place first... and this is happening now. So for those that believe events have already passed (preterist), scripture says otherwise.

I really believe that these things will happen in our lifetime :)

Major - they may not have been prepared but they were warned. Still they mocked Noah for building the Ark. The thing that intrigues me that all of the Patriarchs from Adam on down were alive to the time Noah reached age 50. (if I remember my notes on Genesis correctly) And they all passed (or in Enoch's case taken) well before work on the Ark was begun.

Yes..........for 120 years Noah worked on that boat. For 120 years people asked him what it was for and he told them.
They rejected Noah's preaching and also the Word of God.

It seems that everyone did :)

I recall scripture saying to not be deceived, that the falling away will take place first... and this is happening now. So for those that believe events have already passed (preterist), scripture says otherwise.

I really believe that these things will happen in our lifetime :)

I agree 100% with you.

Matthew 24:32-35
King James Version (KJV)
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

The generation that shall not pass is the generation in whose lifetime all these sign take place. That generation will not pass away until all these things be fulfilled. The signss previousely listed in the Scriptures will continue and will multiply all through the church age and come to a climax at the end of the age in the generation of those who will live to see the entire matter take place in their liftime.

The key to all of this is May 14, 1948. That is the day Israel was placed back into the Promised Land and it then allows for all the prophetic events to come to pass.

Ah, Cupid, I have met my first preterist. So you believe Christ's Millenial Kingdom included; The Black Plague, the Inquisition, 2 World Wars, Hitler, Stalin, Mengele, The Dark Ages, The Children's Crusade, the Armenian Massacre, Donald Trump - I could go on and on forever. I'd recast my runes if I were you.

I'd be offended, methinks, if I even tried to figure out your mouseketeer's rant. Not only are you not quoting scripture, you are adding your own we-doggy cliff notes. And if my response lacks clarity, consider what I am responding to. Hey, I'm just saying. I will pray for you, though. I see a soul being consumed by negativity and evil.

To me you are very strange. I do not have an organized church. But I think I am finding one here. My take on scripture is open to learning, altho I know enough, not to accept baloney. You are right, truth is our savior - make sure that you have not been cemented in deceit.

Well sure...
Everyone who has a pre-set understanding of what Revelation says has invested time and study to become an expert in their own private interpretation.
The 12 major mainstream denominational Christian churches all have their views on the table, and bang hard to support what they believe is meant.

It matters little in regard to the Word,... i.e. Truth is our salvation and savior.
But these debates and different points if view do bring to our awareness that we are all so sure we hold the Truth here, about Revelation, that we illustrate exactly what is wrong about the real discovery of Truth, itself.

America was dead sure Rev Martin Luther King was a trouble maker, until he got "crucified," and then fair mind Christian people repented from their arguments and change their way for life.
Religion tends not to develop that flexibility for change of one's position on things.
That is a point we all need remember when discussing what we, or our organized church, says about the bible.

Actually dave that is not true.

An organized faith lets say.......Methodist have learned people who in charge and the pastors are in some way responsible to a higher authority. That responsibility tends to keep the Word of God from being diluted and changed and error from being taught.

It is when people such as your self are loosened out into the world with no one to be acountable to for your opinions that we see all these goofy teachings such as "Preterism", and the coming of the Holy Spirit in 54 AD...... etc.

The death of Preterism to a reasonable person can be stated in one quote
" the gospel shall be preached unto the entire world, and then the end shall come".
No amount of butchering of or twisting of scripture can change the fact that the gospel has
not been preached to the entire world until late in the 20th century.

Isaiah described the millenium in some detail, have we ever had the world he describes? No.
Can you look at the extreme violence in the world and call it "turning swords into plowshares"?

Why does ANYONE push the Preterist view? It's insanity.

And on the notion of disorganized religion, it is just that. Just about every single heresy I have seen has
started in some independent group of zealots/nutcases that don't have to answer to an authority about their
wandering beliefs.

I dunno how to answer this, Rusty. In my mind, neither church, nor world is ready for his coming. I do not mean I don't long for sight of him - I think there are more to be saved.

I do not judge. But I think some may think they are saved and maybe they're not. Then I twang to another point that more may be saved then I think, because just believing in God is enough. I do not want for God to lose any souls. I can't get over how precious we all are.

I do not judge. But I think some may think they are saved and maybe they're not. Then I twang to another point that more may be saved then I think, because just believing in God is enough. I do not want for God to lose any souls. I can't get over how precious we all are.

Jesus speaking about religiouse people who assumed they were saved said..............
Matthew 7:21-23

King James Version (KJV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It was true then and it is still true today.

Back