Bible Verse Sharing and Thoughts

It's so nice when conversations remain on the level of conversational tones. This has been a great thread so far.

Knowing the scriptures can sure help believers relate to one another better.

I felt the same way. You know, when I look at the title, Bible Verse Sharing and Thoughts,

Whether by myself or with a group, times during Bible Verse Sharing I will feel a heaviness, like I'm being fed.

Thoughts then fill me and can share with others.

I felt blessed at the direction of last night's topic.

I felt the same way. You know, when I look at the title, Bible Verse Sharing and Thoughts,

Whether by myself or with a group, times during Bible Verse Sharing I will feel a heaviness, like I'm being fed.

Thoughts then fill me and can share with others.

I felt blessed at the direction of last night's topic.

Nothing better than talking with believers around the Word of God. Because of the Virus, we have not has Bible study classes in a year now and I really miss it.

I apologize for being to talkative!

It's so nice when conversations remain on the level of conversational tones. This has been a great thread so far.

Knowing the scriptures can sure help believers relate to one another better.

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

That verse has been interpreted a number of tragic ways, but the ignorance of even its existence led to one woman shaking her finger at me as if I had something of which to be ashamed when she saw the title to this song I wrote and played out about seven years ago:

Agree completely!

Thank you for showing respect and civility!

What One sows, One shall also reap!

I did the very same thing yesterday.

I was standing in front of the bathroom trying to remember if I had just gone in or was coming out!

Been there as well and I was much younger at the time. For me it was the kitchen to get something and I went to sit back down moments later reminded that I wanted a cup of coffee. LOL.

To busy planning my next adventure at the time, studying or whatever it was.

cp

Been there as well and I was much younger at the time. For me it was the kitchen to get something and I went to sit back down moments later reminded that I wanted a cup of coffee. LOL.

To busy planning my next adventure at the time, studying or whatever it was.

cp

Wait till you are standing at the bottom of the stairs and try to remember if you just came down or were about to go up them.

Luke 18:9-14

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men [are], extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as [his] eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified [rather] than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

We notice in this parable that the publican is not said to have gone through any exercise of blood sacrifices or other any other of the Jewish sacraments or works. Jesus spoke of that man going home justified on the basis of humility before the Lord, confessing his sins.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

"What a friend we have in Jesus..." I remember my grandpa singing that to me. It changed his life. When he sang that to me, he was living with terrible guilt and the horrors of regret from all that he had done to his family through alcoholism and lust. Several months before he died from emphysema in 1973, sitting on the edge of his hospital bed, he said that he was right with the Lord, that everything was going to be ok. As a child, I had no idea the magnitude of what he was saying to me, but the Lord kept his words and his humility in my remembrance that I may understand when the time was right. He was forgiven of much, and the profoundness of that redemption was amazing to behold. He was acutely aware of how great is the power of the blood of Christ Jesus shed on that cross.

No amount of beads, religious exercises, or anything else could possibly have ever given him the peace he had in those moments before he passed form this earth. He didn't go to any place of purging or anything else because his complete cleansing was accomplished once and for all so that he could enter into the Lord's peace and paradise the moment he passed from this life.

What a friend we have in Jesus...indeed.

What a Friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge—
Take it to the Lord in prayer;
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer;
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.

MM

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

What more could any man teach and to hope that may add to this? The Greek word translated "believeth", according to Thayer's Greek Lexicon, means:

"...equivalent to believe and embrace what God has made known either through Christ or concerning Christ:"

No purgatory. No works that men may do in their own strength. No religious practice. It's all Christ Jesus, who is come in the flesh.

MM

Romans 3:10-18

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 13 Their throat [is] an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps [is] under their lips: 14 Whose mouth [is] full of cursing and bitterness: 15 Their feet [are] swift to shed blood: 16 Destruction and misery [are] in their ways: 17 And the way of peace have they not known: 18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

What man on this earth can serve as Christ's representative, as if Christ Jesus and Holy Spirit were not actually here and indwelling us that righteousness may be imputed upon us by the completed work of Christ Jesus on that cross? This context in Romans is especially true of all those who practice mere religion that is dead and lifeless, and as if that lifelessness can make them holy, and thus set them apart from the truths in the quotation above.

No amount of incense used by any man-made religion on this earth will ever have the sweet savor unto the Lord of a contrite heart that is broken before the Most High.

Thank you, Lord, for saving one such as me...

MM

Romans 4:3-8

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

It's so great a contrast between all those religions out there that teach works, and with all of us in the cloud of witnesses who believe what the Lord says in His word, by which it is counted unto us as righteousness by faith.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

What reward may arise from debt, the result of mere works that will never achieve the ends that are taught by paganism and religion?

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Works that originate with me as those works that are of no value whatsoever. Those works that arise from the Lord through us, they are what have lasting value for receiving the imputation of God's righteousness upon us.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 [Saying], Blessed [are] they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed [is] the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

In Christ Jesus alone do we find the perfect fulfillment of all the law and the prophets, that through Him and in Him, we are partakers of His completed works, having been raised with Him.

Thank you, Lord.

MM

Romans 5:20-21

20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Studying just one or two verses brings out so much meaning... When the law was written, I remember Paul saying there is no sin without law, but with 613 laws, sin was made to "abound." Wow. I had wondered, and even been asked why the law was given. Well, this seems to answer that question. Moses was instructed to write it down after the Israelites had been complaining and blaming Moses and God for leading them out into the desert to die.

So, all those laws the Lord knew His people could never keep was the mechanism by which the need for grace, and thus the coming of Christ Jesus to atone for all man's disobedience to those laws, was made manifest. Because sin is so deadly unto death, the Lord laid down the path by which He had to lay down His own life as the Messiah in order for man to have any chance of escape from the abounding weight of sin and death.

This shows how intentional the Lord has been through all of time, starting with Adam, and the Lord knowing Adam would choose sin, all the way to the cross, and beyond to the very end, offering freely the deliverance we need in order to be with Him...having been thoroughly tested in this life where sin abounds. In other words, no man has the power to test who will be in his family before the children were born. We received what we got. God, however, has tested His family before any of us will enter into His Kingdom in eternity.

One thing I know is that the intentionality we see in all that God has done offends religious people. They prefer to believe that the Lord is just as subject to His creation as we, therefore bringing the Lord down to the level of His own creation. They can't stand the thought that reality is not what they would like for it to be, such as Mary being a co-mediator, and some even want to make her a co-redeemer, as pathetic and evil as that is. Other religions want to believe that we will become as God, which is exactly the sin of Satan, aka mormonism. Others want to reduce God down to a cruel task master favoring achievers rather than loving with a love they refuse to recognize and accept, aka jehovah's witnesses.

I simply cannot do justice to the vastness of God's love and mercy. It is so very humbling to be loved as the Lord loves us, and to stand in that realization.

MM

Romans 5:20-21

20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Studying just one or two verses brings out so much meaning... When the law was written, I remember Paul saying there is no sin without law, but with 613 laws, sin was made to "abound." Wow. I had wondered, and even been asked why the law was given. Well, this seems to answer that question. Moses was instructed to write it down after the Israelites had been complaining and blaming Moses and God for leading them out into the desert to die.

So, all those laws the Lord knew His people could never keep was the mechanism by which the need for grace, and thus the coming of Christ Jesus to atone for all man's disobedience to those laws, was made manifest. Because sin is so deadly unto death, the Lord laid down the path by which He had to lay down His own life as the Messiah in order for man to have any chance of escape from the abounding weight of sin and death.

This shows how intentional the Lord has been through all of time, starting with Adam, and the Lord knowing Adam would choose sin, all the way to the cross, and beyond to the very end, offering freely the deliverance we need in order to be with Him...having been thoroughly tested in this life where sin abounds. In other words, no man has the power to test who will be in his family before the children were born. We received what we got. God, however, has tested His family before any of us will enter into His Kingdom in eternity.

One thing I know is that the intentionality we see in all that God has done offends religious people. They prefer to believe that the Lord is just as subject to His creation as we, therefore bringing the Lord down to the level of His own creation. They can't stand the thought that reality is not what they would like for it to be, such as Mary being a co-mediator, and some even want to make her a co-redeemer, as pathetic and evil as that is. Other religions want to believe that we will become as God, which is exactly the sin of Satan, aka mormonism. Others want to reduce God down to a cruel task master favoring achievers rather than loving with a love they refuse to recognize and accept, aka jehovah's witnesses.

I simply cannot do justice to the vastness of God's love and mercy. It is so very humbling to be loved as the Lord loves us, and to stand in that realization.

MM

613 laws. Some say that it could be as much as 754 Laws and the Bible says if you break ONE you have broken ALL of them.

If our eternal salvation depended on keeping that law......how many people do you think there would have been in heaven at the end?????

613 laws. Some say that it could be as much as 754 Laws and the Bible says if you break ONE you have broken ALL of them.

If our eternal salvation depended on keeping that law......how many people do you think there would have been in heaven at the end?????

Zero would be in Heaven if keeping the law were a requirement for salvation.

Some in the HR movement think that by "trying" to keep the law, they are storing up treasure in Heaven for themselves.

The question I have asked of them, that none of them have attempted to answer, is this: Where does the word of God state that He ever lowered His standard below the threshold of perfection for keeping the law to reap reward in Heaven?

I'm still hoping at least one of them can, at bare minimum, invent some verse, that says something to that effect. I mean, even if they paraphrase a verse they think says such a thing, and that will at least give me something to go on, but they claim that engaging such conversation is not in keeping with what Paul said to not engage endless debates.

Good grief! There is no debate when they can't even give me something of substance by which any debate could even be possible. Besides, I wasn't looking for debate. I told them that I was seeking to do as did the Bereans, which is to search the scriptures to see if what they teach is true, and they weren't even willing to give me that much...

That is the earmark of cultic systems of belief..."It doesn't matter what scripture says, this is what I believe," even though they claim a willingness to always consider what others say. To this very day they have refused to answer Dr. Mike Winger's questions and observations from the scriptures, and he has some really good ones.

MM

Seen comment major about 617 laws, and know mm got a thread about going back to law . Wanted to mention this.

Look up on google List New Testament commandments you’ll see a list of 1,000. Thank God for the Lord Jesus Christ who sets us free from the law even though the law is still good ( to remember our old selves) where in Christ Jesus we put on the new nature by being transformed in our minds by the Lord and God by worshipping in spirit and truth.

Major and mm. Have a good night y’all!

We can ask the question, can't we: Isn't more law better than less law? After all, Paul said that by the law, grace abounded even more, so more law should cause grace to abound even more...right?

Oh, I'm so glad that more or less is not an issue that will ever negate what Jesus accomplished on that cross for us all.

Glory to the Lord Most High.

MM

I'd like to share with everyone an excellent radio broadcast item we heard on AFR. It's called Heaven, How I Got Here.

It's a five part series on that site.

MM

Back