Bullying...why?

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
www.literatelibrarian.com
He made some derogatory falsehoods about my employer. His demeanor was, at the very least, unfriendly. This was at an off-site social gathering for that particular Sunday school class. I was new to the church and this was my first social gathering. I've experienced this sort of thing many times over the years. As a young Christian, I didn't know how to handle it because it always caught me by surprise. Experience has taught me how to handle it. I didn't respond in kind, that would be sinful, but there's nothing that says I have to stick around.
Thats terrible. It still always shocks me when unchristian things happen at church or where christians are gathering cos you dont expect it. Not just when you are new but even after several years you think how can this be going on with elders? Dont they know better?

If its just random people being snide I think well just keep away from them and pray for them. They are bitter about something. They dont need to take it out on you but you just happen to be there.

Dec 16, 2018
At home.
Thats terrible. It still always shocks me when unchristian things happen at church or where christians are gathering cos you dont expect it. Not just when you are new but even after several years you think how can this be going on with elders? Dont they know better?

If its just random people being snide I think well just keep away from them and pray for them. They are bitter about something. They dont need to take it out on you but you just happen to be there.
Mostly the second paragraph, although I've experienced some very unkind words from pastors also. I'm not going to elaborate on it because it was hard enough to let go of it. Like you said, put it in God's hand, pray for them and move on.

Dec 16, 2018
At home.
I wonder what gets taught in pastors school.
I dont recall Jesus saying unkind things to his disciples, he reserved that for Pharisees. Although he did rebuke Peter a few times. But then Peter was being somewhat annoying.
Pastors are just people with sinful natures, like everybody else. Their education and position doesn't give them any special spiritual status with God, just makes them an educated sinner.

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
www.literatelibrarian.com
Pastors are just people with sinful natures, like everybody else. Their education and position doesn't give them any special spiritual status with God, just makes them an educated sinner.
I suppose thats why Paul made some rules/recommendations in letter to Timothy of who could be in that role. (In my kjv bible, its bishop or deacon) The worst thing is to have a pastor that beats everyone else up for their own shortcomings.