Could you be a cult leader?

Hi sister.
Would you care to clarify or express your statement into a meaning to discuss?

You are not alone. The potential to be deceived ,tricked and lied to is in us all.

I think we really want to believe there is good in everyone,and that only those who deliberately hurt weaker ppl are the only ones evil.

The deceiver is subtle and doesn't just come right in our faces at first and proclaim his true intentions.

True!

Deception today is seen by the peoples of the world who are being conditioned to accept miracles as God's way of communicating with us.

Movies portray various invasions from outer space.

Various forms of alien life have become common place on our television and movie screens.

From Star Trek, to the American television program "Touched by an Angel," moviemakers and television producers are increasingly portraying supernatural characters and supernatural phenomena in their productions.

Several of the new movie releases portray apocalyptic events.

Psychic hot lines abound. Even some in the scientific community tell us that in all probability life exists beyond our planet earth.

More and more people regularly consult various spiritual mediums in their quest to cope with the postmodern world.

The world seems to be saying --- we have tried education and science and found them lacking. As knowledge increases, and science discovers more and more, we know less and less about the big issues of life.

2 Timothy 3:1 & 7
"But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:...always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" !

Break it down.

We know we follow the light, feast from the bread of life and drink from the living waters but.......
Are we in a cult like group?

Usually cult leaders after twisting,splicing and cherry picking scriptures most often us the word of God as there basis to draw others.
They will teach what those attracted by their false teachings and doctrine want to hear, appeals to the flesh and human nature, see word of faith!

Agreed!

More often than not, a cult will promise to solve an issue in society that no one else is offering a solution to. Cults also offer a very structured lifestyle with absolute answers about what is right and wrong. The people who gravitate to a cult are "needy" people looking for someone to direct their lives for them!

Cults are usually very open, loving, and welcoming. There are almost never any obvious red flags to warn people that they may unwittingly end up in a cult. The longer they stay, the more they receive promises for health, wealth, and well-being and before they even realize it, the hook is in place.
But behind a Jim Jones, Korish, or a Moon is satan

I agree.

Why do you think that is the case?
satan is smart, as he will make sure his apostles have just enough scripture twisted to still sound good, and will appeal to the flesh and human pride, as our church and leaders have special insights and revelations from God now!

Agreed!

Once the Spirit is returned to heaven,there will be no convicted of sins, no bringing the word to remembrance for assurance, no power to overcome!
It will be their OWN knowledge,strength and death that they will be redeemed by Jesus's name.
the Holy Spirit will still be hearing saving and sealing until Second Coming!

Why do you think that people follow such a program?
Are they dissatisfied with their church?
Are they dissatisfied with their Pastor?
Do they hate a big crowd?
Their has to be a reason, dont you think?
Many were raised in churches , been exposed to Jesus and bible, but either never were saved, or if were, stayed as babes and got hoodwinked!

Jim Jones was an odd one
He was also very 'charismatic'.

A lot of ppl did not see it at the time, they thought because of the things he did he was a nice guy. Also, nobody else was doing what he was doing though, I've heard that even when he was doing the chicken guts 'miracles' and some people KNEW it was chicken guts, they pretended to believe anyway. He was like an entertainer as well.

I think for a lot of his followers, what he offered was an escape and their lives were so desperate and poor they were willing to escape with him anyway, it was better than what they had before. Some of the survivors recall the good times only and try and forget the real nasty things that happened. But many children were just taken into that cult by their parents and had no choice or say in the matter. His own son tried to stop his dad, but was actually away at the time of the tragedy/killings. They were playing basketball or something.

True.
"MOST" cult leaders know the Bible very well. They are charismatic men and they are experts are manipulating the Word of God to those who do not know the Word of God.

Joseph Smith started the Mormons by saying that the Bible was the Word of God.............
"When properly translated by the Book of Mormon".

Jim Jones said that the Bible was God's Word.
Then he put it on the floor, stood on it and said.....I am God!
Classic trick to lull one into believing a big lie, as stats out sounding good, then every so often drop in errors, until finally person accepts outright heresy!

One technique of cults for recruitment is 'love bombing' - it's all great at the start, and then it turns.

Also, Jim Jones was apparently strung out on methamphetamines and that screwed with his mind. Anyone on drugs is not in their right mind.

Agreed. 6 months ago, self proclaimed Apostle and Prophet, and Word of Faith Pastor......Perry Stone of TV and book fame apologized for...."Inappropriate behavior with female staff both in actions and words."

This is not a rumor or gossip or piling on and the article was originally written by Wyatt Massey and posted at the "Chattanooga Times Free Press. com" for any and all to read.
Charasmatic and Pentecostal type leaders have had much higher then normal reports of sexually and financial sins, despite their claiming to have "more and greater of the Holy Ghost"
Much of that due to no doubt them feeling privileged and can do what they feel like, being "anointed of the Lord"

Charasmatic and Pentecostal type leaders have had much higher then normal reports of sexually and financial sins, despite their claiming to have "more and greater of the Holy Ghost"
Much of that due to no doubt them feeling privileged and can do what they feel like, being "anointed of the Lord"
Yup, the Corinthian Church, though long on the gifts, had an even longer 'correction list' by Paul in his first epistle to them.

Why do you think that people follow such a program?
Are they dissatisfied with their church?
Are they dissatisfied with their Pastor?
Do they hate a big crowd?
Their has to be a reason, dont you think?

Yes,I agree there has to be a reason, it may be none of the above.
We have a lot of things that nature, nurture and society have imposed on us that sometimes warp our perception.

We give too much credit to the enemy for things within ourselves bc being self honest is a very hard thing....to see.

My reasoning on " church" is I was tired of preachers who say they were called of God programming their sermonettes. We don't need a choreographer in worship, and we don't need for ppl to be PICKED ON by preachers either. I find the home groups much to my own liking and it is still in order as the first followers were.

We live in an age as well of complete dissatisfaction with everything,I believe. There is little love and I RARELY see an HUMBLE preacher. It's as if everyone is seeking THEIR own glory.

When I find someone and we see the Word, God, and Service the same, I will enjoy that fellowship.
Maybe that's a part of a cult,ppl feel left out or pushed aside for other more vocal members.

I think it was crossnote that stated some ppl want attention and validation of others for we are still flesh and blood and imperfect!

Break it down. We know we follow the light, feast from the bread of life and drink from the living waters but.......
Are we in a cult like group? Usually cult leaders after twisting,splicing and cherry picking scriptures most often us the word of God as there basis to draw others.

Hello D3v;

You asked, are we in a cult like group, made me think for myself.

We worked hard to find the right candidate to succeed me as our next lead pastor. These last three months I've had a deep embedded frustration over the way our new pastor is transitioning with the members in our church. Only a few key members have brought up their frustrations as well.

I feel I'm not open to change in our church and perhaps I want him to keep things the way they were when I was pastoring. I have never had someone take my place as a pastor so this is new territory. Still, in my heart this is not good.

My question to God is, could this be cultic on my part?

Hello D3v;

You asked, are we in a cult like group, made me think for myself.

We worked hard to find the right candidate to succeed me as our next lead pastor. These last three months I've had a deep embedded frustration over the way our new pastor is transitioning with the members in our church. Only a few key members have brought up their frustrations as well.

I feel I'm not open to change in our church and perhaps I want him to keep things the way they were when I was pastoring. I have never had someone take my place as a pastor so this is new territory. Still, in my heart this is not good.

My question to God is, could this be cultic on my part?

I will take this to God with you,brother, that he will give you the right inspiration and or direction in finding his will.

I have found these also can come under the influence of a 'chasmatic-cult like' leader due to the lack of proper oversight.

I agree as well. That why it's always best to be open to God and keep him before us.
It is not yours, mine or our church but it belongs to him. That thought must be supreme even if it IS your house we are worshipping in.

We live in such a different state of time than the first followers and have many distractions, personalities and pressures to bring under subjection to the Spirit.

Back