Devastated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing a little better currently. One thing has been taken off of my plate this morning as I do not have to cat sit as I have been doing for the past 12 days. So I can actually stay in my home all day tomorrow if I choose to. That is a bit of a relief for me.

This evening my wife, 2 1/2 year old daughter, our 5 year old border collie mix, our 4 month old Pomsky puppy (we got him about a month ago now) and I went to the dog park for a little while. It was refreshing watch to watch the dogs play and our daughter chasing after them. Sheldon (yes, the Pomsky is named after Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory) was trying to chase after a Chihuahua mix and when ever he would make a turn he would lose his footing. Yes, something that simple made me laugh.

I am doing a little better currently. One thing has been taken off of my plate this morning as I do not have to cat sit as I have been doing for the past 12 days. So I can actually stay in my home all day tomorrow if I choose to. That is a bit of a relief for me.

This evening my wife, 2 1/2 year old daughter, our 5 year old border collie mix, our 4 month old Pomsky puppy (we got him about a month ago now) and I went to the dog park for a little while. It was refreshing watch to watch the dogs play and our daughter chasing after them. Sheldon (yes, the Pomsky is named after Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory) was trying to chase after a Chihuahua mix and when ever he would make a turn he would lose his footing. Yes, something that simple made me laugh.

A merry heart does good like a medicine. God feels your pain and is steering you in the path to healing. We all have not stopped praying for you and you family!
Blessings of peace and joy be yours in abundance!

I am doing much better today. Even though I think I broke my toe earlier today.

I told God that I was sorry and that I know that it wasn't He who allowed it to happen.

Spoke with my ex-girlfriend about my daughter coming down for the summer. She said she doesn't have any money to put her onto a plane, nor money for gas and a hotel to meet me half way. So I told her I would speak with my wife and maybe her and I can take our two children for a weekend excursion up to where they are and drive back with my daughter.

There has been no response to that as of yet.

Well, apparently my asking for my daughter to come down here for the summer contributed to my ex-girlfriend's bad day and it helped to tick her off.

Seems I cannot even have my children come down and spend some time with me, even when it is I who would be spending all the money to make it happen.

Seriously considering giving up my rights to them as I have no say in their lives and cannot have them come down and see me.

Well, apparently my asking for my daughter to come down here for the summer contributed to my ex-girlfriend's bad day and it helped to tick her off.

Seems I cannot even have my children come down and spend some time with me, even when it is I who would be spending all the money to make it happen.

Seriously considering giving up my rights to them as I have no say in their lives and cannot have them come down and see me.

I want to encourage you in keeping your rights and to keep walking in love and forgiveness towards your ex. You have God on your side...and as you walk in love...God will open the doors to the salvation of your children, and ya never know what is around the corner.

It's not you that she doesn't want anything to do with its the God that you serve...that does not fit in with the sin that is dominant in her life. As you continue in prayer to commit your children to God, praying and thanking Him for their salvation (keep praying ps 91 over them and thanking God for getting laborers across their path, binding the strongman from keeping them and their minds hostage from receiving Christ as Lord)...and are walking in obedience to God's ways...He will reward your faithfulness and obedience to Him and His Ways.

I will be praying the same. Blessings be yours in abundance.

Thank You Father for your favor that goes before naomanos. For he is Your sheep and he knows your ever Loving voice. And he knows that You love his children even more than he does. Father we know that it would benefit his daughter and all of his children to have a good relationship with their dad, so we thank You for opening the doors to that, and for opening the doors for his daughter to come and live with naomanos and his family for the summer. Thank You Father for allowing them all to see what a very loving and godly dad that they have and to be drawn to you through him and his wife. We just give You all of the praise and glory, in Jesus Name....AMEN

I want to encourage you in keeping your rights and to keep walking in love and forgiveness towards your ex. You have God on your side...and as you walk in love...God will open the doors to the salvation of your children, and ya never know what is around the corner.

It's not you that she doesn't want anything to do with its the God that you serve...that does not fit in with the sin that is dominant in her life. As you continue in prayer to commit your children to God, praying and thanking Him for their salvation (keep praying ps 91 over them and thanking God for getting laborers across their path, binding the strongman from keeping them and their minds hostage from receiving Christ as Lord)...and are walking in obedience to God's ways...He will reward your faithfulness and obedience to Him and His Ways.

I will be praying the same. Blessings be yours in abundance.

Thank You Father for your favor that goes before naomanos. For he is Your sheep and he knows your ever Loving voice. And he knows that You love his children even more than he does. Father we know that it would benefit his daughter and all of his children to have a good relationship with their dad, so we thank You for opening the doors to that, and for opening the doors for his daughter to come and live with naomanos and his family for the summer. Thank You Father for allowing them all to see what a very loving and godly dad that they have and to be drawn to you through him and his wife. We just give You all of the praise and glory, in Jesus Name....AMEN

Joining with you in this prayer...

Don't you see what the devil is doing here? He wants to get you to curse God like he tried to do with Job.
Right!

but I feel for you OP... when bad things happen. out of our control... when we can't intervene,... we look at God and wonder why..

all I can say is trust is a hard thing.. but to live in a world like this..it is necessary

Do you think that God the Father doesn't understand having a child abused? His innocent Son was beaten and tortured beyond recognition, and then finally nailed to a piece of wood to die.

Please take a deep breath, step back and let God reveal Himself to you in this.

Beautiful...

Brother I know where you are at and I know the pain that eats at you with every breath you take but to take it out on God or blame Him will only cause more problems and pain. Look it sounds like she is in an un-Godly situation which is a problem there. You are so quick to blame God. She is alive and you should be praising God for that.

I understand what you mean but nao..is really hurting.. and I think its human nature to be mad for a little while...

thats like saying if your 5 yr old ,wife and best friend died in a freak accident the next day... you shouldn't and have no right to be angry..

Its inevitale after such a tragedy, and I also feel repressing emotions takes its toll as well...

so just let the OP be angry, sad or w/e he feels right now..

soon he'll come to himself and be with us..

But as euphemia said... Atleast she's alive... its couldn't went south real quick... so I do think that is something to be incredible grateful for.

I am pretty sure it was John Maxwell who said that whenever something adverse happens to him, he has made it a rule in his life to take 24 hours to react, such as to brood, allow anger, sadness, regret and any normal human emotional response to rear their heads, and then after that allotted time, he puts them away and begins to impose victorious thoughts to take precedence, subduing all negative, human, carnal thoughts and casting them out in preference to overcoming, godly thoughts that walking with the Holy Spirit produces in us. I learned from him that it is a choice we make in how we respond to adversity, in whatever form it takes.

I remember when my youngest daughter, newly married, decided to literally abandon any relationship with us, her parents and her sisters, and when she gave birth to her firstborn and didn't even tell us about it, and I had to find out through others that my granddaughter had been born 4 days before, and I never laid eyes on her except I happened across some photos on Facebook of her when she was about 8 months old, my response was to burrow myself in my bed, and there I stayed for about 2 years. It was a choice. A bad choice. Not a decision of one who overcomes, for sure.

I have since come to my senses, and have had a great healing from the Lord, but it was a much harder battle than it should have been---a mountain that all I needed was to speak to in faith, believing, but instead, I allowed that mountain to crush me. Now, because of that failure on my part, I have a scar that I find myself rubbing now and again, where I should have no trace of trouble.

I am pretty sure it was John Maxwell who said that whenever something adverse happens to him, he has made it a rule in his life to take 24 hours to react, such as to brood, allow anger, sadness, regret and any normal human emotional response to rear their heads, and then after that allotted time, he puts them away and begins to impose victorious thoughts to take precedence, subduing all negative, human, carnal thoughts and casting them out in preference to overcoming, godly thoughts that walking with the Holy Spirit produces in us. I learned from him that it is a choice we make in how we respond to adversity, in whatever form it takes.

I remember when my youngest daughter, newly married, decided to literally abandon any relationship with us, her parents and her sisters, and when she gave birth to her firstborn and didn't even tell us about it, and I had to find out through others that my granddaughter had been born 4 days before, and I never laid eyes on her except I happened across some photos on Facebook of her when she was about 8 months old, my response was to burrow myself in my bed, and there I stayed for about 2 years. It was a choice. A bad choice. Not a decision of one who overcomes, for sure.

I have since come to my senses, and have had a great healing from the Lord, but it was a much harder battle than it should have been---a mountain that all I needed was to speak to in faith, believing, but instead, I allowed that mountain to crush me. Now, because of that failure on my part, I have a scar that I find myself rubbing now and again, where I should have no trace of trouble.

That may be true but what does Gods written word say about it ? How should we respond and react from the very start ?

That may be true but what does Gods written word say about it ? How should we respond and react from the very start ?

It IS true, and as I communicated, I chose the wrong thing. The very first thing to do in devastating emotional pain is to run to Jesus, place one's full trust in Him and worship Him for who He is, and He will come in His loving presence and meet the need in such a way as there is no serious deep wounding but peace despite the storm. His Spirit is our comforter, protector, conservator, and encourager. He is our intimate Father who loves us more than we can even imagine.

It IS true, and as I communicated, I chose the wrong thing. The very first thing to do in devastating emotional pain is to run to Jesus, place one's full trust in Him and worship Him for who He is, and He will come in His loving presence and meet the need in such a way as there is no serious deep wounding but peace despite the storm. His Spirit is our comforter, protector, conservator, and encourager. He is our intimate Father who loves us more than we can even imagine.

Thank You Euphemia for this one will be easy to spot ! ; )
Blessings

There's a preacher named Thurman Scrivner who lost his wife and daughter in a car accident and was told during a church service. He called everyone to worship and praise the Lord. Then he went to the hospital for his granddaughter who was all but dead. Here's his story:

There's a preacher named Thurman Scrivner who lost his wife and daughter in a car accident and was told during a church service. He called everyone to worship and praise the Lord. Then he went to the hospital for his granddaughter who was all but dead. Here's his story:

Wow...that's a fantastic story. Thank you for sharing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back