Difference Between Fact and Truth?

And math was my favorite, mainly because I loved solving puzzles.
Math has always been my favorite course as well to this day I enjoy working out math problems and math puzzles.

As to fact and truth. For me it is like an iceberg. We observe the iceberg and come up with a multitude of facts about our observations. The truth of the iceberg lies in the seen and unseen. The unseen only seen by those given the tools and understanding to look beyond the easily observable.

Math has always been my favorite course as well to this day I enjoy working out math problems and math puzzles.

As to fact and truth. For me it is like an iceberg. We observe the iceberg and come up with a multitude of facts about our observations. The truth of the iceberg lies in the seen and unseen. The unseen only seen by those given the tools and understanding to look beyond the easily observable.
I don't know what happened, but for me, I lost interest in math, chess etc. upon coming to the Lord and I took up a love for words and their meanings.
I thought your iceberg analogy was great and I agree with it.

I don't know what happened, but for me, I lost interest in math, chess etc. upon coming to the Lord and I took up a love for words and their meanings.
I thought your iceberg analogy was great and I agree with it.

I have little time for math these days, but still love it. I also loved the physical sciences but this went by the wayside as I came to know God more and saw there were many missing pieces to that puzzle unknown and unrecognized by many.

I too have taken to studying words and grammar. It has opened up a larger understanding of God's word as I dig into details and piece it into the whole. When studying details I always find myself thinking about the specific context and more importantly how it adds to the greater context of the whole Bible.

I wasn't the greatest at math(s) though apparently it was the Chinese who invented the abacus. Don't expect me to be a math whizz.

I'm better at English although actually I am not so good with grammar. I can't explain english grammar to you.

Hahaha! And then along came Major! Now, is this fact or truth? I wasn't expecting that.

Absolutely the truth Bob. In fact, the fact that I and my best friend Johnny took that class because she was so pretty. You see, the only people in that typing class was girls. At 16, we thought the best way to meet them was to be in class with them, and the idea of Mrs. Norman being so pretty was a bonus and I actually took two years of typing and could type 75 words a minute!!!!!

Hahaha! And then along came Major! Now, is this fact or truth? I wasn't expecting that.

Fact!

Here is another trivia fact. I was originally in the 2nd Battalion, 23rd Infantry in the 11th Air Assault Division which focused on developing the air mobility operational framework. In 1965, the battalion was designated the 1st Battalion, 7th Cavalry and deployed to Vietnam as part of the 1st Cavalry Division or as many know...the old "7th Calvary Custer Unit". That unit was the one seen in the movie....."We Were Solders" which fought the 1st combat battle in Vietnam in November 1965.

With my orders in my hand, ready to leave with that unit, from Tiger Land, Ft. Polk La, a day before leaving, an officer can to our company, and believe it or not asked this question, "CAN ANYONE HERE USE A TYPE WRITER".???????

Up to that point I had never volunteered for anything. My dad told me that the worst thing that could happen in the Army was to let the Drill Sergeants know your name. But for some reason I raised my hand. Out of about 250 men I was the only one. This officer came to me and asked me about typing and I told him I had had 2 years in high school. He walked over to Col. Moore and said.......
"I am procuring this man to be my Battalion clerk in Ft. Riley Ks. " and I will send you his orders tomorrow.

That is how I wound up in Kansas as a company Battalion clerk and missed that battle you saw in the movie !!!!!

Now for an appropriate "love" offering I will be more than happy to sign an autograph!

Dewey Decimal system can be a head scratcher.

So God likes whole numbers? I always wondered why everything in retail ends in 99 cents.

At my age......I still am but do not tell my wife. She is really, really jealous!
She has nothing to be jealous of, once -gly always ugl-. lol
It's a wonder she said 'yes' in the 1st place.
I was originally in the 2nd Battalion, 23rd Infantry in the 11th Air Assault Division which focused on developing the air mobility operational framework. In 1965,
1965? Uh oh, I had better respect my elders. So not only are you u-ly, but an old codger too. hehe.

Last edited:
In libraries we divide books into fiction and non-fiction.
A way to remember it is fiction=false
Non-fiction = not false.

But that's a bit of a misnomer, because non fiction is mostly facts, and fiction can contain truth. (although it might be made up in a story to convey a truth). You can also get 'faction' a mixture of facts and fiction.

Confusing much?

Back