DO You Believe That We Have A Guardian Angel Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with either as either ultimately is from God. The angel would just be serving our God. Now there is support that our Comforter provides that an angel is not equipped to but that's not the topic of this thread.

But you see......how would we know that a spirit is from God?

Most believers just do not know or understand the works of Satan and his demons.

2 Corth. 11:14-15..........
"And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works."

It is so easy for all people, including Christians, to be taken in by image and outward appearances. Many will only recognize evil if it openly declares itself as evil. But this approach will end up embracing Satan himself, who transforms himself into an angel of light. If Satan were to appear before a human audience, they would be strongly tempted to worship him as a creature of almost divine beauty. He would be regarded as an angel of light.

Impossible, for the Sin Nature is cut out by Christ . . . this is the Purpose of Christ, to perform this Holy Work, which creates a Holy Effect. Hence, the Gospel.

Colossians 2:11, 13 NLT - 11 "When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. ... 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins."

Blessingto you my brother and thanks for the responce. I can not agree with you on the sin nature.

I do understand what you are saying but the "sin nature" never leaves us until the moment we die.

Since the fall of Adam, every person is born with a sin nature, and it is this nature that internally motivates men to rebel against all legitimate forms of authority, both human and divine. At the moment of salvation, God the Holy Spirit indwells us and gives us a new nature that, for the first time in our lives, has the capacity and desire to obey God. But, because the sin nature is not removed from the believer after salvation, the believer begins to experience conflict within.

That my friend is the reason why we sin when we are tempted!

Charles Spurgeon said, .........
“As the salt flavors every drop in the Atlantic, so does sin affect every atom of our nature. It is so sadly there, so abundantly there, that if you cannot detect it, you are deceived.”

If you recall.....it was the Apostle Paul who said that ..."Among sinners, I AM THE CHIEF"!

Blessingto you my brother and thanks for the responce. I can not agree with you on the sin nature.

I do understand what you are saying but the "sin nature" never leaves us until the moment we die.

Since the fall of Adam, every person is born with a sin nature, and it is this nature that internally motivates men to rebel against all legitimate forms of authority, both human and divine. At the moment of salvation, God the Holy Spirit indwells us and gives us a new nature that, for the first time in our lives, has the capacity and desire to obey God. But, because the sin nature is not removed from the believer after salvation, the believer begins to experience conflict within.

That my friend is the reason why we sin when we are tempted!

Charles Spurgeon said, .........
“As the salt flavors every drop in the Atlantic, so does sin affect every atom of our nature. It is so sadly there, so abundantly there, that if you cannot detect it, you are deceived.”

If you recall.....it was the Apostle Paul who said that ..."Among sinners, I AM THE CHIEF"!
Paul wrote Romans 7 after was saved!

Imagine Paul writing Romans, or any of his other writings, if he were still under the influence of an Evil Father. Impossible.
I think this is the conflict Major was speaking of...and Paul wasn't above it...

Galatians 5:17 (KJV) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Do you think that when the sin nature part of us begins to believe that an angel is responsible for us, then that will ultimately lead to "Angel Worship".
Scripture does not teach that angels are responsible for us.

God can command His angels to aid us if He so chooses, but we are not to have direct contact with them. Angel worship is forbidden!
God alone is to be worshiped (Re 19:9-10).

This is why it is so important to study and know the Scriptures.

It is the "Flesh" that is to be Circumcised by Christ. Sarx is what the use of the word "flesh" is representing. The NIV says this about Sarx:

"In contexts like this, the Greek word for flesh (sarx) refers to the sinful state of human beings, often presented as a power in opposition to the Spirit; also in verses 16, 17, 19 and 24; and in 6:8."

Hence, the Sinful Nature.

Crossnote: Have you received the Circumcision of Christ? Has your Sarx been cut away by Christ? This Holy Act of Christ is what creates the avenue for a person to be able to speak of their Romans 12:2 Transformation.

Crossnote: Do you have a Transformation Story? This would be a story, by the way, that is the result of the Work of the Spirit . . . something that we could never take credit for.

Romans 2:29 NLT - "No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God's Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people."

This is the whole point to the entire Bible. I suggest that all people read the entire Bible in a timeline, chronological order so that they can understand the Plan and Purpose of the complete body of Holy Work.
I respectfully disagree. According to your understanding, if the sinful nature has been totally done away with through 'the circumcision of Christ', then we should have many sinless Christians. In the 48 years of my Christian walk, I have not met one, have you?

I think this is the conflict Major was speaking of...and Paul wasn't above it...

Galatians 5:17 (KJV) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Hey crossnote;

I'm in agreement with you. Paul's teaching in life by the Spirit hones in when one is saved ( As we walk in the Spirit) and our story is prompted by the Holy Spirit (The Spirit lives in us.)

“Life by the Spirit is neither legalism nor license – nor a middle way between them. It is a life of faith and love that is above all of these false ways.” - Quote James Montgomery Boice

Scripture does not teach that angels are responsible for us.

God can command His angels to aid us if He so chooses, but we are not to have direct contact with them. Angel worship is forbidden!
God alone is to be worshiped (Re 19:9-10).

This is why it is so important to study and know the Scriptures.

There you go. I agree.

One reason angels are rendered invisible to human sight may be that , if they were seen, they would be worhiped. Man, who is so prone to idolatry as to worship the works of his own hands, would hardly be able to resist the worship of angels were they before his eyes.

Have you received the Circumcision of Christ?

Would you be more specific. I am not evading your question I just want to be sure of what you are asking before I respond.

Are you asking me if I am saved?
If so then I thank you for the question and YES. I am born again.

Are you saying that spiritual circumcision of the heart makes the believer sinless?
If so, then my answer is NO!

Are you saying that spiritual circumcision removes the sin nature of men?
If so then my answer is NO!

I, just like everyone else who accepted Christ, certainly received the gift of righteousness and God's precious Holy Spirit, but alas, I, like the apostle Paul said AFTER he was saved....."still find that in me (that is, in my fleshly nature), dwells no good thing."

Now, IF you are saying that the sin nature in you has been eradicated, One question for you though... Does your wife/husband think that your sinful nature is eradicated?

Ok, seriously... I'm being naughty and you'll have to forgive me as you sounded like a nice person from all your posts. It's just that I really don't buy into the eradication thing... I don't believe it squares up with the teaching of the Bible or the experience of born again believers. I have lived a long life and I to this day have NEVER EVER met anyone who does not have a sin nature.

David was a man after Gods own heart but there is hardly a sin that he did not commit.
Noah was one of 8 men who God saved in the flood and AFTER that he got so drunk he passed out naked.
Abraham is praised for his faith, but he lied twice about his wife being his sister in order to escape being harmed.
Moses has a relationship with God like no ither man, but when God told him to SPEAK to the rock, he disobeyed God.
Solomon loved God and did more for God than David, but he had 700 wives and 300 concubines.
Peter was a disciple, and Apostle and lived with Jesu for 3 years, but one night he lied not one but 3 times about the Lord.
Paul wrote most of the New Test, but he also admitted to continuing struggle against sin as a believer in Romans 7 after he was saved.

The Bible tells us in Colossians 2:8-14 that Every Believer circumcises the part of the flesh as they accept Christ. We were formerly dead in our transgressions but are made alive - SAVED in Christ.

That however does not mean we have removed that sin nature or that we will never sin again.

Blessing to you as you consider these things.

Imagine Paul writing Romans, or any of his other writings, if he were still under the influence of an Evil Father. Impossible.

I hear you brother.......but Paul was saying and living what we live today.

We have God in us in the Spirit of God.
We have also the sin nature we received from Adam.

We are caught in a WAR that rages in us and we are always, always having to make the right choices in life.

THAT is what Paul was saying in Romans 7 AFTER he was saved. He fought the same battels we fight today!

There you go. I agree.

One reason angels are rendered invisible to human sight may be that , if they were seen, they would be worhiped. Man, who is so prone to idolatry as to worship the works of his own hands, would hardly be able to resist the worship of angels were they before his eyes.
True - that is probably one of the reasons angels appear in human form when God sends them to Earth (which is another very interesting topic.) Imagine what would happen if they appeared in their angelic form 😬!

Hebrews 13:2 “Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.” (KJV)

Blessings.

Last edited:
Imagine what would happen if they appeared in their angelic form 😬!
I can only imagine...

Luke 2:9-10 (KJV) And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Luke 2:13-14 (KJV) And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back