Immaculate Conception

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like us, Christians, Catholics and Protestants alike, who accepted Jesus Christ as our light and guidance...

Well I can't imagine so, but that would also mean we can't claim an entire church represents these entire churches...which seems to dismiss the point.

be focus, you are out of line
Really? I disagreed quietly and respectfully with fundamentalists all my life, never "gently corrected" them, never said a word. Why is it then that fundamentalists cannot extend the same courtesy to Catholics? Why is it always whore of Babylon this, Mary worship that, unsaved this, unbiblical traditions of men that? Not just here, but on every single forum I visit?

Really? I disagreed quietly and respectfully with fundamentalists all my life, never "gently corrected" them, never said a word. Why is it then that fundamentalists cannot extend the same courtesy to Catholics? Why is it always whore of Babylon this, Mary worship that, unsaved this, unbiblical traditions of men that? Not just here, but on every single forum I visit?

I edited it just for you... when I say Christians: it means Christians, Catholic and Protestant alike...

Major, I like you -- you're one of my good friends here, but do you know what the Crusades and Inquisition were? Burning heretics at the stake was a civil punishment condemned by the Church.

By no means am I going to pin the KKK, Westboro, or any other atrocities like that on Protestant groups. But so many people don't know what they are talking about when they mention the Crusades, the Inquisition, Galileo, etc. etc. against the Catholic Church.

Is it fair to use things against something when one doesn't know enough about them?

Yes I know. I was in a crude way trying to show MMurphy how off the wall his comments were.

So let me get this right.
Lysander says it was a civil matter condemned by the Church and you say that the Church was at that time the ruling body.
You can't both be right....I am wondering if you are both wrong?:confused:

I do not know. The things I thought seem to be found in these...........

I do have a link however http://thirdmill.org/newfiles/jac_arnold/ch.arnold.rmt.1.html

Dr. Jack L. Arnold says that from 590 to 1517, the Roman Church dominated the western world. The Roman Catholic Church controlled religion, philosophy, morals, politics, art and education and civil law.

Then according to the Catholic website of....http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm?recnum=5231
"In the later Middle Ages, the Church exerted a potent influence upon law. A very extensive jurisdiction was exercised by the ecclesiastical courts, which not only secured a more general exemption of the clergy from secular jurisdiction, but extended their own jurisdiction over laymen."

You tell me!

Wow!!!

What can I say?

My post disappeared and all I did is quote and explain the Word????

LS, the letters to the seven churches can be looked at in three different ways, first there were seven actual churches, they were situated on a Roman mail route and it you look at a map you can see they were in a circle and Jesus was speaking to each church through their pastor who was John the Revelator, He addresses the problems that existed in the churches at that time.

Second, the seven churches also have a historical significance as to where there are, time wise, in the Church age, The Holy Spirit revealed that to us through where He placed, those that have an ear..., in the first three it is before the promise and the last four it is after the promise.

Third, the seven letters speak to individuals in the Body of Christ, the Lord has spoken to me from all seven.

The time period of the church of Ephesus was from Pentecost to approx 100AD and ended with the death of the last Apostle, John. We see in the Church of Smyrna there is a prophecy about ten days of tribulation, history tells us from around the 101AD to 312AD there were ten different waves of persecutions from ten different Roman Emperors, in 313AD Constantine, in a shrewd political move to win votes, promised the large block of citizens (Christians) that didn't vote, if they would vote for him he would declare Christianity the universal (catholic) religion of his empire, which they did and that was the end of the ten waves of persecutions during the church of Smyrna, in 600AD the universal church (Thyatira) declared a separation of State and church and the emperors were no longer in control of the church, in 1450AD Luther started the Reformation, church of Sardis, but the Sardis church never sent out missionaries, in 1750AD Carey started a missionary society and started to evangelize the world again, the last of the seven churches was addressed to the Laodicean people and not a town like the others, the meaning of the word Laodicean is ruled/governed by the peoples opinions, ...in the Laodicean church we see Jesus is outside of the church and He also tells us He is going to vomit the church from His mouth, this church has been around since Pentecost and is alive and well on planet earth today, ...now that is just history, I sure hope this doesn't disappear too.

That's all I'll post for now, let's wait and see what happens with this.

In His Love,

Gene

Last edited:
Wow!!!

What can I say?

My post disappeared and all I did is quote and explain the Word????

LS, the letters to the seven churches can be looked at in three different ways, first there were seven actual churches, they were situated on a Roman mail route and it you look at a map you can see they were in a circle and Jesus was speaking to each church through their pastor who was John the Revelator, He addresses the problems that existed in the churches at that time.

Second, the seven churches also have a historical significance as to where there are, time wise, in the Church age, The Holy Spirit revealed that to us through where He placed, those that have an ear..., in the first three it is before the promise and the last four it is after the promise.

Third, the seven letters speak to individuals in the Body of Christ, the Lord has spoken to me from all seven.

The time period of the church of Ephesus was from Pentecost to approx 100AD and ended with the death of the last Apostle, John. We see in the Church of Smyrna there is a prophecy about ten days of tribulation, history tells us from around the 101AD to 312AD there were ten different waves of persecutions from ten different Roman Emperors, in 313AD Constantine, in a shrewd political move to win votes, promised the large block of citizens (Christians) that didn't vote, if they would vote for him he would declare Christianity the universal (catholic) religion of his empire, which they did and that was the end of the ten waves of persecutions during the church of Smyrna, in 600AD the universal church (Thyatira) declared a separation of State and church and the emperors were no longer in control of the church, in 1450AD Luther started the Reformation, church of Sardis, but the Sardis church never sent out missionaries, in 1750AD Carey started a missionary society and started to evangelize the world again, the last of the seven churches was addressed to the Laodicean people and not a town like the others, the meaning of the word Laodicean is ruled/governed by the peoples opinions, ...in the Laodicean church we see Jesus is outside of the church and He also tells us He is going to vomit the church from His mouth, this church has been around since Pentecost and is alive and well on planet earth today, ...now that is just history, I sure hope this doesn't disappear too.

That's all I'll post for now, let's wait and see what happens with this.

In His Love,

Gene
Amen brother....We will never let the Apostate Inocency lll or the Sinode of Toulouse put the freedom that our God and Lord Jesus conquer for us...Its not about hate...as some said..far from that...if some want to be in chains with words of man its up to them...Unfurtnetly sometimes its unwhorth to waist time...God Bless!

Amen brother....We will never let the Apostate Inocency lll or the Sinode of Toulouse put the freedom that our God and Lord Jesus conquer for us...Its not about hate...as some said..far from that...if some want to be in chains with words of man its up to them...Unfurtnetly sometimes its unwhorth to waist time...God Bless!
Hate is precisely what it is, with a good dose of paranoia and some conspiracy theory thrown in for good measure.

Lol...its not....Jesus just spoke as we do...they hate Him becouse His word was not on them...was His speech hate agaist the pharises...He spoke the truth and depending on the type of heart the word fall in to...it becomes unfrutifull...simple....God Bless!

Lol...its not....Jesus just spoke as we do...they hate Him becouse His word was not on them...was His speech hate agaist the pharises...He spoke the truth and depending on the type of heart the word fall in to...it becomes unfrutifull...simple....God Bless!
Ever attended a Catholic Church service? I don't recall hearing anything about the Synod of Toulouse.

Peace, I don't understand how Bible Study can be interpreted as hate, care to explain?
Peace Brother! Well, same say that what we say here is hatefull towards Catholics....long history..lol...Preach brother..preach...at end the word never returns empty!
[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1] one face for every church! lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back