Is fear a sin?

Two things about this story I love to think are true. Jesus stopped to comfort the woman to let her know she didn't steal the healing because she was unclean she was supposed to announce it to everyone and the fact she made it through the crowd meant she was breaking all the rules. Next the timing of her issue is 12 years. The girl that was healed was 12. I like to think it was her mother that got healed.

One thing I learned last night is that there are "healings" and there are "miracles". Healings can be done via medicine, the immune systems, or under the care of a doctor; in other words a process. Most of us need a miracle, not a healing. Call out for the correct one because you'll get only that which you ask for. Here's a couple of short videos I found on this:

Not sure how to grasp this. I will watch the video's tomorrow when out.
I prayed and stood on my healing over my back and it was healed. I felt the symptoms of the flue and prayed and stood on my healing and the flue never manifested into anything and left.
“The condition for a miracle is difficulty, however the condition for a great miracle is not difficulty, but impossibility.”
Angus Buchan

Not sure how to grasp this. I will watch the video's tomorrow when out.
I prayed and stood on my healing over my back and it was healed. I felt the symptoms of the flue and prayed and stood on my healing and the flue never manifested into anything and left.
“The condition for a miracle is difficulty, however the condition for a great miracle is not difficulty, but impossibility.”
Angus Buchan
It's all in the details :)

I would like to know what are your beliefs on whether fear and doubt are a sin?..
My understanding is that fear and doubt are just states of mind and emotion. They are inevitable. They are part of our human nature. I do not regard them as a sin/transgression/or making an error. However, acting on fear and choosing the untruth side of doubt can lead to person to perform a sin.
Fear and doubt is simply being weak, or totally lacking, in faith. A low degree of faith is not a sin, but it can lead a person to sin through the lack of faith, and using fear/doubt to ones own selfish reasons (like revenge, greed, stealing, etc).

I reread all of Job, to try and see what others were talking about. I encourage you all to at least read the last few chapters. Job is a classic example of " bad things happen to good people"....God does not find fault in Job's fears. He finds fault in Job thinking he knows the everything of time and space and humanity that God does. And Job agrees with Him. Job didn't know we would be talking about him how many thousands of years in the future but God did. He knows it all including what we post here today. God, in the last chapters talks about the behemoth (who sounds suspiciously like a dragon..breathing fire) who has no fear of man and man's weapons. Revelation identifies the behemoth/dragon/serpent as Satan. And God also says:
Job_41:33 "Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear."
Meaning all man is made with....what? I can't hear you.....
Bringing up faith and healing thread got closed but the subjects are close and indicate the always 2 camp professions. Job, like us, is born into a world where man gave dominion to satan. Job is a classic example of one of God's favorites who is blameless and suffers. Kinda like Christ. I agree - all healing is done by God - whether doctors are involved or no. Job tells us there are reasons we can't see. But that God makes all right in the end. Not because we demand miracles of Him.

My understanding is that fear and doubt are just states of mind and emotion. They are inevitable. They are part of our human nature. I do not regard them as a sin/transgression/or making an error. However, acting on fear and choosing the untruth side of doubt can lead to person to perform a sin.
Fear and doubt is simply being weak, or totally lacking, in faith. A low degree of faith is not a sin, but it can lead a person to sin through the lack of faith, and using fear/doubt to ones own selfish reasons (like revenge, greed, stealing, etc).

That lack of faith or low degree of faith will hinder the rtesults you are looking for. Emotions are like thoughts are are ALL to be taken captive. There is no, it's just a normal emotion or feeling when walking in the spirit.

That lack of faith or low degree of faith will hinder the rtesults you are looking for. Emotions are like thoughts are are ALL to be taken captive. There is no, it's just a normal emotion or feeling when walking in the spirit.
I agree Jim, if those feeling don't line up with the Word of God then then need to be taken captive to the obedience of Christ.

I reread all of Job, to try and see what others were talking about. I encourage you all to at least read the last few chapters. Job is a classic example of " bad things happen to good people"....God does not find fault in Job's fears. He finds fault in Job thinking he knows the everything of time and space and humanity that God does. And Job agrees with Him. Job didn't know we would be talking about him how many thousands of years in the future but God did. He knows it all including what we post here today. God, in the last chapters talks about the behemoth (who sounds suspiciously like a dragon..breathing fire) who has no fear of man and man's weapons. Revelation identifies the behemoth/dragon/serpent as Satan. And God also says:
Job_41:33 "Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear."
Meaning all man is made with....what? I can't hear you.....
Bringing up faith and healing thread got closed but the subjects are close and indicate the always 2 camp professions. Job, like us, is born into a world where man gave dominion to satan. Job is a classic example of one of God's favorites who is blameless and suffers. Kinda like Christ. I agree - all healing is done by God - whether doctors are involved or no. Job tells us there are reasons we can't see. But that God makes all right in the end. Not because we demand miracles of Him.

Thank you for your thoughts silk. No one has mentyioned demanding anything from God but here it is once again added into a thread. Silk no disrespect ment by this but if you do not have an understanding of how important the words we speak are then you wont under stand stepping out side of His blessing and into fear and doubt.

Most people tend to focus on one thing in Job and thst is where God said Job sin not but this does not over look how satan got into job's life. Job did not sin by curseing God and this is what the whole thing is about. That is what satan wanted from the start and in this way steal the blessing from job so he thought.

JOb 41:31-34 NLT
31... The crocodile makes the water boil with it's commotion. It churns the depths.
32... The water glistyens in it's wake. One would think the sdea had turned white.
33. There is nothing else so any where on earth.
34... Of all the creatures, it is the proudest. It is king of beast.

So I can hear Silk, but what does this crocodile have to do with it ?
Blerssings and Love in Christ
Jim

I agree Jim, if those feeling don't line up with the Word of God then then need to be taken captive to the obedience of Christ.
Amen !! Nice Avatar by the way !!
Yeppers we have more to do with how are lives go then most understand. We choose Christ in the beginning and inherit all of His promises BUT we have to choose to activate them and the only way this can be done is doing what His word tells us to do and not do.

Walking in Faith is a must to. Casting down all strong holds is a must do and fear and doubt fall right in there too. See fear and doubt is twisted faith or perverted faith. Ther devil perverts the things of God and so he runs of fear. God is Love correct !! Just as much as God is love satan is fear. The devil does not use fear he is fear. Well ok hye uses fear but you see the point I am making.

I love His word !! Don't you
Blessings
Jim

Amen....thank you for those words Jim. The more I learn of His word the more amazing it becomes!
We might also be able to say...just as Jesus is the embodiment truth then also satan is the embodiment of lies.

Amen Mykuhl !!
I still pray for understanding and THANK Him for tyhis understanding of His written word.
I mean make it come alive in me for it is living seed and life to who finds it. I want to come away from reading as if I just stepped out of an adventure and make it more real tome then I could ask of.

Far to many years I just read it like a text book or something and just did not seem to see what I was reading manifesting in my life and being like I knew it should be. I head head knowledge and THOUGHT my heart was being filled but in the end it was just head knowledge and head knowledge won't equip the faith man to stand strong and true when needed nor does it alow for God to increase real true lasting spiritual understanding either.

Sorry, just got caught up in the moment.
Jim

Father I pray in the Name of Jesus, that the readers will learn the truth and be set free from the bondage of sin in the flesh, Psalms 68:8. In Jesus' Name I thank you Father.

Look at Job from another angle: if God allowed the devil to do all that he did, what does that say about God handing us over to His enemy? It's no wonder people have such a negative view of God, because that's all they see. What of the Jews, God's chosen, handed over to Hitler? Why bother to pray or worship Him? See the slippery slope? When healings don't come "Oh, I guess it's just God's will... my oh my, whatever am I to do?" See? Essentially they're saying "I'm more compassionate than God who doesn't wish to help." Read through this long post and you will be free!

From Genesis 2 to Revelation 22, there are causes and effects for sin.

Read what Elihu said. His name and introduction mean:
Elihu = He is my God
Barachel = God blesses
Buzite = contempt
Ram = high, exalted
Job = hated, persecuted​
This is exactly what Elihu preached, that God is perfect, loving, kind, sinless. Elihu said God blesses, not contempt, and that Job in self-righteousness called himself persecuted.

Elihu quoted Job who said this:
Job 33:8-11 (KJV)
... I am clean without transgression, I [am] innocent; neither [is there] iniquity in me. Behold, he findeth occasions against me, he counteth me for his enemy, He putteth my feet in the stocks, he marketh all my paths.

Job blamed God by proclaiming his innocence. Self-righteousness, like us all. Elihu said to Job:

Job 33:12 (KJV)
Behold, [in] this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man.​

Elihu says this is what God does for man:
Job 33:14-18 (KJV)
For God speaketh once, yea twice, [yet man] perceiveth it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, That he may withdraw man [from his] purpose, and hide pride from man. He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.​

God's trying to prevent us from doing our own errors in sin. God tries to stop us by giving us instructions and when we don't listen, speaks to us in our dreams. God tries to talk to us in our ears and eyes through His word, but when we don't listen He still keeps trying by speaking in our dreams.

Elihu continues:
Job 33:27-28 (KJV)
He looketh upon men, and [if any] say, I have sinned, and perverted [that which was] right, and it profited me not; He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.​

If because of this instruction men repent, then God will save them.

Job 33:29-30 (KJV)
Lo, all these [things] worketh God oftentimes with man, To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.​

This is how God works. All the evils that befall men are because of sin, James 1:14-15.

Elihu continues to quote Job:
Job 34:5-6 (KJV)
For Job hath said, I am righteous: and God hath taken away my judgment. Should I lie against my right? my wound [is] incurable without transgression.​

Where have you heard this before? "But I have rights!" o_O

Here's that slippery slope I mentioned:
Job 34:9 (KJV)
For [Job] hath said, It profiteth a man nothing that he should delight himself with God.​

Elihu speaks the truth:
Job 34:10-11 (KJV)
Therefore hearken unto me, ye men of understanding: far be it from God, [that he should do] wickedness; and [from] the Almighty, [that he should commit] iniquity. For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to [his] ways.​

All men reap what they sow, Galatians 6:7-8! Elihu continues:
Job 34:12 (KJV)
Yea, surely God will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert judgment.​

Job 34:26-28 (KJV)
He striketh them as wicked men in the open sight of others; Because they turned back from him, and would not consider any of his ways: So that they cause the cry of the poor to come unto him, and he heareth the cry of the afflicted.​

The wicked are undone by God by their own sins. Elihu said to Job:
Job 34:35-37 (KJV)
Job hath spoken without knowledge, and his words [were] without wisdom. My desire [is that] Job may be tried unto the end because of [his] answers for wicked men. For he addeth rebellion unto his sin, he clappeth [his hands] among us, and multiplieth his words against God.​

Elihu continues:
Job 35:2-3 (KJV)
Thinkest thou this to be right, [that] thou saidst, My righteousness [is] more than God's? For thou saidst, What advantage will it be unto thee? [and], What profit shall I have, [if I be cleansed] from my sin?​

Isn't that what people say when they say "Oh it must be God's will I suffer!" Pride and self-righteousness. (I speak of myself!)

I love this part Elihu said:
Job 35:13 (KJV)
Surely God will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it.​

The word vanity is literally empty words, lies! In other words, false accusations against God for the evil that befall us. Don't we all do the exact same thing as Job? :sick:

Job 35:16 (KJV)
Therefore doth Job open his mouth in vain; he multiplieth words without knowledge.​

I can quote almost all of chapter 36, but Elihu goes on to say what I've been saying, God sets boundaries and when we stray from them then we suffer for it. In all disobedience we suffer. In all bad things, ALL BAD THINGS, sin is the cause. It could be ours, our parents, our great-grand parents or our neighbors, Exodus 20:5; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 5:9. Why do you think doctors take family history and where we live and what we consume?! When evil befalls me, I seek out what is its cause. Read these very important verses on this subject:

Job 36:12-14 (KJV)
But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge. But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them. They die in youth, and their life [is] among the unclean.​

If we do not repent and obey then we can die without knowing why. So why is it the scriptures say "by His stripes we are healed" and yet we're still sick? Elihu answers:

Job 36:18 (KJV)
Because [there is] wrath, [beware] lest he take thee away with [his] stroke: then a great ransom cannot deliver thee.​

Jesus is our ransom, but it cannot fix the bitterness within us through anger without repentance! Elihu continues and expresses that through the awesomeness of God we are to have reverential fear of Him, not for evil like Zeus with a lightning bolt, but because of His great and mighty works and love for us, Psalms 111:10; Proverbs 1:7; Proverbs 9:10; Proverbs 15:33.

That last verse in proverbs speaks about humility comes before honor is given. AKA Repentance! The Lord gave Elihu such wisdom that today, all these thousands of years later, whole sciences exist because of what he said: meteorology, oceanography, agriculture, criminal investigations, yet in this very important statement of God's righteousness, we Christians still blame God for our woes. :cry:

Still think I'm wrong in this thinking? :cautious: Read what even James says this very thing: :whistle:
James 1:16-17 (KJV)
Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.​

God has given us wiggle room. Think of it like this: we're driving down the road of life and all we have to do is remain within the yellow and white lines (roads in the States). If we go too far to the right, off into the ditch we could go. If we go too far to the left, we COULD hit oncoming traffic. But if we stay within the boundaries set by God, then we are blessed.

In humility and reverence we have a Redeemer Who has promised us deliverance. Is God a liar? Learn the truth and be free, John 8:32.

Good old Elihu! He was speaking the truth.

I dont know where i heard 'God allowed satan...' But some christians actually say this. Or unbelieving christians, which is an oxymoron. Yea, Job was complaining waaay too much.

Its like the why do bad things happen to good people question. Uh...why do you think you a good person. even Jesus said dont call me good, it is our Father who is good.

Father I pray in the Name of Jesus, that the readers will learn the truth and be set free from the bondage of sin in the flesh, Psalms 68:8. In Jesus' Name I thank you Father.

Look at Job from another angle: if God allowed the devil to do all that he did, what does that say about God handing us over to His enemy? It's no wonder people have such a negative view of God, because that's all they see. What of the Jews, God's chosen, handed over to Hitler? Why bother to pray or worship Him? See the slippery slope? When healings don't come "Oh, I guess it's just God's will... my oh my, whatever am I to do?" See? Essentially they're saying "I'm more compassionate than God who doesn't wish to help." Read through this long post and you will be free!

From Genesis 2 to Revelation 22, there are causes and effects for sin.

Read what Elihu said. His name and introduction mean:
Elihu = He is my God
Barachel = God blesses
Buzite = contempt
Ram = high, exalted
Job = hated, persecuted​
This is exactly what Elihu preached, that God is perfect, loving, kind, sinless. Elihu said God blesses, not contempt, and that Job in self-righteousness called himself persecuted.

Elihu quoted Job who said this:
Job 33:8-11 (KJV)
... I am clean without transgression, I [am] innocent; neither [is there] iniquity in me. Behold, he findeth occasions against me, he counteth me for his enemy, He putteth my feet in the stocks, he marketh all my paths.

Job blamed God by proclaiming his innocence. Self-righteousness, like us all. Elihu said to Job:

Job 33:12 (KJV)
Behold, [in] this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man.​

Elihu says this is what God does for man:
Job 33:14-18 (KJV)
For God speaketh once, yea twice, [yet man] perceiveth it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, That he may withdraw man [from his] purpose, and hide pride from man. He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.​

God's trying to prevent us from doing our own errors in sin. God tries to stop us by giving us instructions and when we don't listen, speaks to us in our dreams. God tries to talk to us in our ears and eyes through His word, but when we don't listen He still keeps trying by speaking in our dreams.

Elihu continues:
Job 33:27-28 (KJV)
He looketh upon men, and [if any] say, I have sinned, and perverted [that which was] right, and it profited me not; He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.​

If because of this instruction men repent, then God will save them.

Job 33:29-30 (KJV)
Lo, all these [things] worketh God oftentimes with man, To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.​

This is how God works. All the evils that befall men are because of sin, James 1:14-15.

Elihu continues to quote Job:
Job 34:5-6 (KJV)
For Job hath said, I am righteous: and God hath taken away my judgment. Should I lie against my right? my wound [is] incurable without transgression.​

Where have you heard this before? "But I have rights!" o_O

Here's that slippery slope I mentioned:
Job 34:9 (KJV)
For [Job] hath said, It profiteth a man nothing that he should delight himself with God.​

Elihu speaks the truth:
Job 34:10-11 (KJV)
Therefore hearken unto me, ye men of understanding: far be it from God, [that he should do] wickedness; and [from] the Almighty, [that he should commit] iniquity. For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to [his] ways.​

All men reap what they sow, Galatians 6:7-8! Elihu continues:
Job 34:12 (KJV)
Yea, surely God will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert judgment.​

Job 34:26-28 (KJV)
He striketh them as wicked men in the open sight of others; Because they turned back from him, and would not consider any of his ways: So that they cause the cry of the poor to come unto him, and he heareth the cry of the afflicted.​

The wicked are undone by God by their own sins. Elihu said to Job:
Job 34:35-37 (KJV)
Job hath spoken without knowledge, and his words [were] without wisdom. My desire [is that] Job may be tried unto the end because of [his] answers for wicked men. For he addeth rebellion unto his sin, he clappeth [his hands] among us, and multiplieth his words against God.​

Elihu continues:
Job 35:2-3 (KJV)
Thinkest thou this to be right, [that] thou saidst, My righteousness [is] more than God's? For thou saidst, What advantage will it be unto thee? [and], What profit shall I have, [if I be cleansed] from my sin?​

Isn't that what people say when they say "Oh it must be God's will I suffer!" Pride and self-righteousness. (I speak of myself!)

I love this part Elihu said:
Job 35:13 (KJV)
Surely God will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it.​

The word vanity is literally empty words, lies! In other words, false accusations against God for the evil that befall us. Don't we all do the exact same thing as Job? :sick:

Job 35:16 (KJV)
Therefore doth Job open his mouth in vain; he multiplieth words without knowledge.​

I can quote almost all of chapter 36, but Elihu goes on to say what I've been saying, God sets boundaries and when we stray from them then we suffer for it. In all disobedience we suffer. In all bad things, ALL BAD THINGS, sin is the cause. It could be ours, our parents, our great-grand parents or our neighbors, Exodus 20:5; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 5:9. Why do you think doctors take family history and where we live and what we consume?! When evil befalls me, I seek out what is its cause. Read these very important verses on this subject:

Job 36:12-14 (KJV)
But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge. But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them. They die in youth, and their life [is] among the unclean.​

If we do not repent and obey then we can die without knowing why. So why is it the scriptures say "by His stripes we are healed" and yet we're still sick? Elihu answers:

Job 36:18 (KJV)
Because [there is] wrath, [beware] lest he take thee away with [his] stroke: then a great ransom cannot deliver thee.​

Jesus is our ransom, but it cannot fix the bitterness within us through anger without repentance! Elihu continues and expresses that through the awesomeness of God we are to have reverential fear of Him, not for evil like Zeus with a lightning bolt, but because of His great and mighty works and love for us, Psalms 111:10; Proverbs 1:7; Proverbs 9:10; Proverbs 15:33.

That last verse in proverbs speaks about humility comes before honor is given. AKA Repentance! The Lord gave Elihu such wisdom that today, all these thousands of years later, whole sciences exist because of what he said: meteorology, oceanography, agriculture, criminal investigations, yet in this very important statement of God's righteousness, we Christians still blame God for our woes. :cry:

Still think I'm wrong in this thinking? :cautious: Read what even James says this very thing: :whistle:
James 1:16-17 (KJV)
Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.​

God has given us wiggle room. Think of it like this: we're driving down the road of life and all we have to do is remain within the yellow and white lines (roads in the States). If we go too far to the right, off into the ditch we could go. If we go too far to the left, we COULD hit oncoming traffic. But if we stay within the boundaries set by God, then we are blessed.

In humility and reverence we have a Redeemer Who has promised us deliverance. Is God a liar? Learn the truth and be free, John 8:32.
Hi Abdicate,

Thank you for for this post, but I have one problem with your view on this. If you are correct in what you say then why would God at the end of the book say, "...you have not spoken of Me what is right a my servant Job has"? He made this statement twice, in chapter 42:7 and 42:8. It really seems that your evidence shows that Job did not speak what was right of God. So, why would God say he did and not rebuke him instead?

Um sorry to butt in ..but God was saying this to the other 'comforters' not Elihu.
Job did repent. The others didnt. The thing about Job that amazes me is he didnt blame God, he never cursed God, but he was too focused on himself and all his good deeds, thinking he was righteous.

If I recall the others reinforced Jobs self righteousness...like, yea tough luck Job, you were good, why should this happen to you? You did all the right things...followed everything to the letter. They were kinda saying and influencing Job to maybe think God wasnt good and was doing this to torture him.

Job wasn't self-righteous. He searched his heart and found that there was nothing in him that displeased the Lord. That's one of the main points about Job's story---he was a most righteous man and Satan buffeted him greatly to see if Job would come so low as to curse God for the injustices done to him. He never did. He passed the test with flying colours.

Hi Abdicate,

Thank you for for this post, but I have one problem with your view on this. If you are correct in what you say then why would God at the end of the book say, "...you have not spoken of Me what is right a my servant Job has"? He made this statement twice, in chapter 42:7 and 42:8. It really seems that your evidence shows that Job did not speak what was right of God. So, why would God say he did and not rebuke him instead?
Thanks for your reply. Let's be honest and read the word of God. Job repented of what He said.

Job 42:5-6 (KJV)
I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor [myself], and repent in dust and ashes.​

God was talking to the three bad friends, not to Elihu.

Job 42:7-8 (KJV)
And it was [so], that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me [the thing that is] right, as my servant Job [hath]. Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you [after your] folly, in that ye have not spoken of me [the thing which is] right, like my servant Job.
Three friends spoke, and then Elihu corrected. You stopped one verse short:

Job 42:9 (KJV)
So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite [and] Zophar the Naamathite went, and did according as the LORD commanded them: the LORD also accepted Job.​

God didn't include Elihu and after Job's three friends repented, God accepted them, and because Job too repented (before them) God accepted Job too. The teaching stands solid.

Job wasn't self-righteous. He searched his heart and found that there was nothing in him that displeased the Lord. That's one of the main points about Job's story---he was a most righteous man and Satan buffeted him greatly to see if Job would come so low as to curse God for the injustices done to him. He never did. He passed the test with flying colours.
And he admitted it in the end he was wrong... hence the repentance...

I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor [myself], and repent in dust and ashes.​

And he admitted it in the end he was wrong... hence the repentance...

Yes he was wrong to complain in bitterness of spirit. That is something we are all programmed to do in the natural.

Back