Is The Bible Questionable?

Personal opinion here: God's revelations, and understandings carry with them a "weight of responsibility" - i.e. the "Pearls before swine" thing. SO maybe in God's plan, it's better NOT TO KNOW, than it is to know, but NOT HANDLE the responsibility of the knowledge properly.

I think we've been in "the end times" for a couple of thousand years now, but I DO think that the end may be approaching.

If the MATURE visible church of Eph 4:11-16 is something that WILL ACTUALLY EXIST, then we're not particularly close to the end of the age, it appears. ON THE OTHER HAND, when God pours out His spirit, things can change rapidly. The end of the age is ALWAYS greater in Christian consciousness during times of Revival/Refreshing. Lots of folks were thinking "Rapture" in the '70s. Now - not so much.

Russia will soon attack Israel because of the Israeli strikes into Syria where the Iranians are trying to set up launch points for their attacks against Israel, which can pose a threat to the Russian troops in Syria. We will soon see Damascus nuked for it to be "uninhabitable" as the scriptures prophesy. THAT, I suspect, will set off the attack against Israel, who will defeat 5/6ths of the Russian, Turkish and Iranian forces, Israel will "burn their shields for seven years" (use the nuclear weapon materials to fuel their reactors for seven years), and spend months burying the dead Russians and others on the other side of the sea because of all the contamination.

Three and a half years from the beginning of that war will give us a good idea of the "season" of Christ's coming to admit the five virgins who were ready up and unto His wedding feast (Luke 21:36).

Now THAT is some eschatology. Will I be wrong on some or all points I've made? Perhaps. But what's important is the blessing we receive for studying the prophecies, regardless of what some may think about the study of prophecy. Also, what's important is that God is true, and every man a liar, which includes all of us here.

MM

Last edited:
Hello brothers and sisters;

These last weeks there have been in my view, some great posts and discussion in the areas of our faith, doctrinal issues, Bible studies and reference to Biblical texts from scholars and authors.

One thing that stood out made me want to question for discussion. Do you believe the Bible is accurate, meaning that it's God breathed, that He anointed his servants in the Old and New Testaments to write the books?

Do you believe the scholars and authors are the authorities who confirm the credibility of the Books and Passages of the Bible?

For example, I stand in accord and follow Peter's teaching in 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

For my own study, I trust and rely on the Written Word, especially when Jesus' Passages are in red, and then will use the Biblical text as a reference and support of the Bible. My reading is continuous and am always learning as well as being corrected.

Please let me know your thoughts. God bless you and your families.

Im not saying its not true and stuff, the bible, but I some time ago said on a forum i think, that until 2000 years ago life was kinda good and they lived primitive a little, but still a good life and then something happened that made life worse and they started writing about it and thats beginning of the bible and all its texts, just writing about how people started behaving and things to get hope for a better world, and so fourth, lifes been progressingly becoming worse also just the short amount of time Ive been living also, but im not saying god and jesus arent real or anything like that, I just came up with something, a reason for them to write these texts to begin with

Im not saying its not true and stuff, the bible, but I some time ago said on a forum i think, that until 2000 years ago life was kinda good and they lived primitive a little, but still a good life and then something happened that made life worse and they started writing about it and thats beginning of the bible and all its texts, just writing about how people started behaving and things to get hope for a better world, and so fourth, lifes been progressingly becoming worse also just the short amount of time Ive been living also, but im not saying god and jesus arent real or anything like that, I just came up with something, a reason for them to write these texts to begin with

Hi Skreia, I've also heard somewhat similar thoughts from a few people. I suppose at some point many, if not all of us have wondered about such things. But without making a long post.. I'd just like to suggest a really good movie. It's called The Case For Christ and is a true story. It's a good and interesting movie for anyone to watch, christian or not. It's free to watch on youtube.

Hi Skreia, I've also heard somewhat similar thoughts from a few people. I suppose at some point many, if not all of us have wondered about such things. But without making a long post.. I'd just like to suggest a really good movie. It's called The Case For Christ and is a true story. It's a good and interesting movie for anyone to watch, christian or not. It's free to watch on youtube.

Seems like a movie which shows the struggle normal people have with their beliefs

Personal opinion here: God's revelations, and understandings carry with them a "weight of responsibility" - i.e. the "Pearls before swine" thing. SO maybe in God's plan, it's better NOT TO KNOW, than it is to know, but NOT HANDLE the responsibility of the knowledge properly. I think we've been in "the end times" for a couple of thousand years now, but I DO think that the end may be approaching. If the MATURE visible church of Eph 4:11-16 is something that WILL ACTUALLY EXIST, then we're not particularly close to the end of the age, it appears. ON THE OTHER HAND, when God pours out His spirit, things can change rapidly. The end of the age is ALWAYS greater in Christian consciousness during times of Revival/Refreshing. Lots of folks were thinking "Rapture" in the '70s. Now - not so much.

Russia will soon attack Israel because of the Israeli strikes into Syria where the Iranians are trying to set up launch points for their attacks against Israel, which can pose a threat to the Russian troops in Syria. We will soon see Damascus nuked for it to be "uninhabitable" as the scriptures prophesy. THAT, I suspect, will set off the attack against Israel, who will defeat 5/6ths of the Russian, Turkish and Iranian forces, Israel will "burn their shields for seven years" (use the nuclear weapon materials to fuel their reactors for seven years), and spend months burying the dead Russians and others on the other side of the sea because of all the contamination. Three and a half years from the beginning of that war will give us a good idea of the "season" of Christ's coming to admit the five virgins who were ready up and unto His wedding feast (Luke 21:36). Now THAT is some eschatology. Will I be wrong on some or all points I've made? Perhaps. But what's important is the blessing we receive for studying the prophecies, regardless of what some may think about the study of prophecy. Also, what's important is that God is true, and every man a liar, which includes all of us here.

MM
Hello Bob;

First off, I'm sorry to hear about your health condition with advanced Coronary artery disease. In my prayers I don't know God's outcome for you, is it time for you and our Father to be joined, or is God's great healing an indication He is not done with you in this lifetime? That's my prayer for you, brother.

I've read your posts in this topic. You've mentioned it is your opinion and it's what you believe. You wrote "it's better not to know, than it is to know, but not handle the responsibility of the knowledge properly."

I receive what you stated.

In my own personal study of the Bible and I will admit as 2404 wrote, "Do mysteries have any value?" As I align his question with the Bible, absolutely! There is still much in the Bible that to me is a mystery because I don't understand and need explaining. So I continue to study and seek God to guide me in the responsibility to gain knowledge properly.

Again, I strive to know all I can in His Word and take responsibility with the knowledge I gain.

Hello Musicmaster;

With the sad events of these countries and their worldly ways could very well be in alignment with Revelation 21. These happenings will build up and I agree with you that perhaps we may not be spot on, but God will reveal His perfect outcome.

Whatever events may unfold, we are better off to continue our discipleship (follower and student of Christ) than to stand around looking, Acts 1.

God bless us all and our families.

One thing I can say, Skreia, is that dare you ever plumb the depths of the scriptures, and let the Spirit of the Lord reveal to you just how much more profound and absolutely powerful the word of God is that we call the Bible, you would then see that it wasn't written from the psyche of people beginning to experience hardships in life. It's infinitely more than that. No man or group of men could possibly write down what is in that book from their own thoughts and imaginations.

Look, the Bible is the only writing on this planet that incorporates prophecies. The Quran, the writings of the Buddha...et al...NONE of them even attempt to even dabble in prophecy. There's a good reason for that if you care to know...then just ask.

MM

(blink...blink) Eschatology is useless?

Why do you think that? Please elaborate.

MM
It's nothing but another word for "Rank Speculation". All we know FOR SURE is that when the time comes - He'll be back, and the age will end.

I remember the "End Times Teachers" that used to be popular - with their huge charts that we'd hang across the platform so they could do their thing. And every time there'd be "Significant Issues" in the world, they'd start catawalling about the "End Times".

Lately it's the "Vaccine" that's supposedly "The Mark of the Beast" - hasn't been so long since it was "the Internet", and "your Social Security Number", And Napoleon was the Anti-Christ - and then Hitler, and of course, The Pope.

All we know FOR SURE is that when the time comes - He'll be back, and the age will end.
this is true when 911 hit i recall listening to the radio all the so called end time preacher predicting what would take place that never did . i do think M.M has some valid points we watch russia which is a hungry bear. but they are more of a bully to smaller nations . imo the most important thing is to be ready. as per the mark of the beast the prelude to it is much closer . Biden is wanting the international tax. which will lead to a one world government . what i can say is a old time preacher man use to say we are one day closer than yesterday. amos 4:12 prepare to meet thy God.. the book of rev has been disected by so many . a person needs to sudy it for it self.. there are things coming down the pipeline at a rapid pace .. i dont argue pre mid or after trib rapture. He is coming again and it wont be 123 ready or not here i come. he will come as a thief in the night

we are one day closer than yesterday.
BINGO!!

Watchman Nee had a "unique" theory - when you hear the trumpet, what happens next will be determined by your FIRST REACTION. Will you look FORWARD to your heavenly home, or will you look back at what you have to leave behind???

I couldn't prove any of that scripturally, but is does seem part of Amos 4:12, or Gen 19:17.

He'll come when it's TIME, and NO MAN knows the day, nor the hour.

i dont follow end time ministries i do like David Jeremiah he is pre trib but it will all happen in his timing . do i feel we are living in end time events ? yes i do when i see the news and all the events that tells me time is getting closer the 2nd coming of Jesus is hardly preached anymore. it seems we have switched to time line. that how we should be living/ the book of revelation is divided into 3 parts what has happened what is happening and what will happen in the future . you would probably like what they call pan millennial teaching live your life for GOD IT will all pan out that is a quote from a old time preacher man

Agreed.

Unless He doesn't. I'm dying of advanced Coronary artery disease, and while I KNOW that God heals (I've seen Him do it), I have no reason to believe that He has any intention of healing ME, NOW (the difference between Intellectual assent, and FAITH).

On the other hand, the Doctors gave me 10 years to live - in 1992, so the joke's on them.

AND of course, "MEN today have the ability to perform or call down the Holy Spirit at their pleasure". has never been a teaching in ANY Major Charismatic, OR Pentecostal group. so just a "Strawman" without substance.

Toxic "Word of Faith" False teachers, of course, have their own practices, unfortunately often on the televised media. Men today, when they are empowered by the Holy Spirit can manifest MIRACLES - when HE wills it (just like Peter at the temple gate). NO major Full Gospel group teaches otherwise.

I don't recall seeing a "Prophetic Word" in the Bible that instructed me to start a Band to minister to nursing homes. There's lots of things that the Holy Spirit leads prophetically that aren't in the Bible, and of course if it was all there, then James wouldn't offer additional wisdom for those who need it.

Right - they're called "the Gifts", or the Charisma. they're all there just like they were for the Corinthians.

Well my brother......we are all dyeing of something. You may know what it is and many do not know and will die before you do but that has nothing to do with the spirit of this thread.

As far as "calling down the Holy Spirit by men" is not an Major Charismatic group........I would call your attention to Benny Hinn, Robert Tilton, Kerney Thomas, TB JOSHUA, Peter Popoff, Todd Bentley.

Those are NOT manifestations of the Holy Spirit but are instead FAKED emotional exhibits of mens ability to work people in order to make a dollar.

My dear brother......I need to tell you that some of us here actually know what they are talking about and my comments to you come from my actual experiences in the Pentecostal faith.

You said.............
"I don't recall seeing a "Prophetic Word" in the Bible that instructed me to start a Band to minister to nursing homes."

With all due respect Bob, there just might the problem in your comments. A need for Bible study!!!!

Leviticus 19:32 32"'Stand up in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the LORD.

Matthew 25:36 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

1 Timothy 5:8

But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

James 1:27

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

So then......you are are saying that the writing about stuff, real life events makes them happen.?????

I think you might want to give that some more thought.

BINGO!!

Watchman Nee had a "unique" theory - when you hear the trumpet, what happens next will be determined by your FIRST REACTION. Will you look FORWARD to your heavenly home, or will you look back at what you have to leave behind???

I couldn't prove any of that scripturally, but is does seem part of Amos 4:12, or Gen 19:17.

Now the part about His time I agree with.

The other "Theory" is exactly that .....a Theory.

However, I for one will continue to accept the Biblical account as found in 1 Corth. 15:52.......
"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

Amos 4:12 has NOTHING to do with Christians hearing the trump of God.
Contextual truth tells that between verses 7 and 12, God mentions sending them drought, blight and mildew, locusts, plague, military defeat, and divine punishment for sin, yet after every disaster, Israel still refused to repent. So, God warns them in verse 12 that He would bring on them a major judgment—His wrath, their Day of the Lord, a day of “darkness, and not light”.

This passage suggests that the disasters we have recently seen are warnings to the nation that God is aware of its sin and the people's drifting from Him. He is trying to get their attention so that they realize that they need to repent and return to Him. These disasters, then, are precursor judgments and threats, prods to motivate repentance and a restored relationship.

It's nothing but another word for "Rank Speculation". All we know FOR SURE is that when the time comes - He'll be back, and the age will end.

I remember the "End Times Teachers" that used to be popular - with their huge charts that we'd hang across the platform so they could do their thing. And every time there'd be "Significant Issues" in the world, they'd start catawalling about the "End Times".

Lately it's the "Vaccine" that's supposedly "The Mark of the Beast" - hasn't been so long since it was "the Internet", and "your Social Security Number", And Napoleon was the Anti-Christ - and then Hitler, and of course, The Pope.

Proverbs 30:4-6..........
"Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?"

The questioner asks, in effect, "Is anything better than the Word of God? Has any man ascended to heaven? Who is this person? To whom can I turn to receive instruction better than the Word of God?"

Verse 6 warns the reader not to delve into dangerous speculations and then take it another step farther by adding it to God's Word. Nor should one give it authority equivalent to the Word of God, as if the person speaking such things has been to heaven and returned to earth. Doing so is adding to the Word of God.

Well my brother......we are all dyeing of something. You may know what it is and many do not know and will die before you do but that has nothing to do with the spirit of this thread.

As far as "calling down the Holy Spirit by men" is not an Major Charismatic group........I would call your attention to Benny Hinn, Robert Tilton, Kerney Thomas, TB JOSHUA, Peter Popoff, Todd Bentley.
Proving my point - the persons you focus on, and all "lone Rangers", and the only thing "Major" about them is that they Buy "air time" on the media. And you left out E.W. Kenyon, Ken Hagin, Gerald Derstine, Victor Weirwille, Oral Roberts, and Hobart Freeman among others.
Those are NOT manifestations of the Holy Spirit but are instead FAKED emotional exhibits of mens ability to work people in order to make a dollar.
However healings sometimes manifest as a result of their ministries. Man looks in the outward appearence, but God (who's the one who performs the healing, not the men in question) looks upon the HEART of the petitioner, and moves accordingly. One of my friends in TX was unable to walk because of Foot issues, but after Oral Roberts told him to put his hands on his TV, and Oral prayed, he was able to walk again. It wasn't "Oral", it was God who heals, and sometimes a human is involved in the ministry thereof. Simple as that.
My dear brother......I need to tell you that some of us here actually know what they are talking about and my comments to you come from my actual experiences in the Pentecostal faith.
I've been A member in good standing (and still am), and have held every office in the Assemblies of God local churches except for "Women's ministry", and "Senior Pastor" for MOST of the last 56 years, except for a 10 year hiatus in the Charismatic Outpouring in the '70s where I was Vice President, and then President of an FGBMFI Chapter. SInce I lived in Central Western Ohio, I was local to Hobart Freeman, and Victor Weirwille.

I'll GUARANTEE that you've seen nothing that I haven't experienced also many times over. You've thrown the baby out with the bathwater, but I haven't.
You said.............
"I don't recall seeing a "Prophetic Word" in the Bible that instructed me to start a Band to minister to nursing homes."

With all due respect Bob, there just might the problem in your comments. A need for Bible study!!!!
And all your cites have nothing whatsoever to do with a prophetic WORD instructing ME PERSONALLY to do a SPECIFIC THING. and perform a specific ministry. If they do, why haven't YOU ALSO formed a nursing home band in "obedience to the Word".

Last edited:
Nursing home band?
I had that idea once in a novel I wrote haha

Another thing old folks like is people to read books to them, because their eyesight is going and they need like to hear the comforting sound of someones voice, but not a stranger on the radio or the tv. And they can choose the book.

those folks are starved for company, that is a very big needed ministry
Yup. and the "Old Fashioned", or Bluegrass" style Gospel and positive music was what they loved to hear -

WE Decided at the very beginning that "Money" would never be a deciding factor, and some paid us a bit, and most didn't, and we came every week and played anyway.

Back