Is The Bible Questionable?

well...i am not good with theology... doctrine...etc...
sort of a simpleton i am....
scientists..theologians...schloars...throughout centuries..questioning......
the more questions...the more questions....
i 'm not even smart enough to have a question

i dont follow end time ministries i do like David Jeremiah he is pre trib but it will all happen in his timing . do i feel we are living in end time events ? yes i do when i see the news and all the events that tells me time is getting closer the 2nd coming of Jesus is hardly preached anymore. it seems we have switched to time line. that how we should be living/ the book of revelation is divided into 3 parts what has happened what is happening and what will happen in the future . you would probably like what they call pan millennial teaching live your life for GOD IT will all pan out that is a quote from a old time preacher man
Actually my "KNEE JERK" expectation is PRE-Trib and the religious doctrinal reasoning behind that is intellectually acceptable to me.

I expect the "Rapture" will phisically consist (from the standpoint of those who ARE NOT caught away) of a world-wide synchronized mass death, leaving those left behind to wonder about the "Mysterious plague" that killed so many millions of people - all at the same time. Some will notice that it tended to be "Christian oriented folks" who died.

I'm Assembly of God in Denominational affiliation (but not really defined by them). Both the Baptists (That led me to the Lord in the first place), and the AG (where I've been for most of the last 56 years) are "Pre" groups. SO as good a "theory" as any.

Personally I don't care, since it's really only rank speculation. I don't expect to be alive when it happens anyway, so it doesn't matter.

well...i am not good with theology... doctrine...etc...
sort of a simpleton i am....
scientists..theologians...schloars...throughout centuries..questioning......
the more questions...the more questions....
i 'm not even smart enough to have a question

Hello Hazel;

When you shared your testimony of being saved at 10 years old, you did receive the answer to your question.

When God promised to restore Jerusalem there would be many questions from Jeremiah. It's the same when He restores each one of us back to Him.

Jeremiah 33:3, 3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

You shared His answer; Jesus didn't forget about you. And as His sheep you didn't forget about Him.

God bless
you, Hazel and your whole family.

Hello Hazel;

When you shared your testimony of being saved at 10 years old, you did receive the answer to your question.

When God promised to restore Jerusalem there would be many questions from Jeremiah. It's the same when He restores each one of us back to Him.

Jeremiah 33:3, 3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

You shared His answer; Jesus didn't forget about you. And as His sheep you didn't forget about Him.

God bless
you, Hazel and your whole family.
Amen...and Amen!

BINGO!!

Watchman Nee had a "unique" theory - when you hear the trumpet, what happens next will be determined by your FIRST REACTION. Will you look FORWARD to your heavenly home, or will you look back at what you have to leave behind???

I couldn't prove any of that scripturally, but is does seem part of Amos 4:12, or Gen 19:17.

He'll come when it's TIME, and NO MAN knows the day, nor the hour.

Wow. What a pragmatically negative rendition of prophecy you have embraced.

With the pieces of the puzzle falling into place like never before in the history of the world, your choice to remain in the dark is somewhat striking, but, hey, you have that freedom. I for one will not ignore the obvious. The culmination of history and prophecy never before seen is an exciting phenomenon to behold.

As for me, I will do as the Lord commanded in Luke 21.

MM

Just jumping in here but I believe scripture is inspired by God but not written directly by God excepting the 10 commandments

Isn't it wonderful that His perfect plan to use inspiration is what He chose to convey His Ways and His Thoughts to us? His use of men through whom to inspire His perfect Word to us, which includes ALL His Law and the Gospels and epistles, it all, in totality, gives to us what we need to differentiate between the many false gods and christs, and the One, true God and Christ.

MM

As far as "calling down the Holy Spirit by men" is not an Major Charismatic group........I would call your attention to Benny Hinn, Robert Tilton, Kerney Thomas, TB JOSHUA, Peter Popoff, Todd Bentley.

Is Bent Toddley still around, kicking stomach cancer patients in the gut and knocking wheelchaired people over backwards?

I don't recall Jesus every perpetrating such violence against anyone He healed.

MM

Is Bent Toddley still around, kicking stomach cancer patients in the gut and knocking wheelchaired people over backwards?

I don't recall Jesus every perpetrating such violence against anyone He healed.

MM

Good to see you, Musicmaster;

Yes, and after "performing" things their way they still expect to get the same results as Jesus. Incredible!

God bless you, MM, your sons and whole family.

those folks are starved for company, that is a very big needed ministry

Yes it is. We have been involved now locally for the past 25 years in a Nursing Home ministry. Several of out people visit weekly and read Scriptures and sing songs and take them snacks.

The most popular snack is "bananas"!

Proving my point - the persons you focus on, and all "lone Rangers", and the only thing "Major" about them is that they Buy "air time" on the media. And you left out E.W. Kenyon, Ken Hagin, Gerald Derstine, Victor Weirwille, Oral Roberts, and Hobart Freeman among others.

However healings sometimes manifest as a result of their ministries. Man looks in the outward appearence, but God (who's the one who performs the healing, not the men in question) looks upon the HEART of the petitioner, and moves accordingly. One of my friends in TX was unable to walk because of Foot issues, but after Oral Roberts told him to put his hands on his TV, and Oral prayed, he was able to walk again. It wasn't "Oral", it was God who heals, and sometimes a human is involved in the ministry thereof. Simple as that.

I've been A member in good standing (and still am), and have held every office in the Assemblies of God local churches except for "Women's ministry", and "Senior Pastor" for MOST of the last 56 years, except for a 10 year hiatus in the Charismatic Outpouring in the '70s where I was Vice President, and then President of an FGBMFI Chapter. SInce I lived in Central Western Ohio, I was local to Hobart Freeman, and Victor Weirwille.

I'll GUARANTEE that you've seen nothing that I haven't experienced also many times over. You've thrown the baby out with the bathwater, but I haven't.

And all your cites have nothing whatsoever to do with a prophetic WORD instructing ME PERSONALLY to do a SPECIFIC THING. and perform a specific ministry. If they do, why haven't YOU ALSO formed a nursing home band in "obedience to the Word".

I threw out all the "faked" and "manipulated" emotional activities that made fun of the ministry of the Holt Spirit and made a mockery of God.

There can be NO prophetic word possible today outside of the Word of God. There are words which come from the mouths of false prophets who always have a personal agenda but all of God's prophetic words are written down in the book!

1 Corinthians 13:8-12 ......
"Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."

Just jumping in here but I believe scripture is inspired by God but not written directly by God excepting the 10 commandments

Then would you take the time to give an exegesis of Colossians 1:16......
"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

I threw out all the "faked" and "manipulated" emotional activities that made fun of the ministry of the Holt Spirit and made a mockery of God.

There can be NO prophetic word possible today outside of the Word of God. There are words which come from the mouths of false prophets who always have a personal agenda but all of God's prophetic words are written down in the book!

1 Corinthians 13:8-12 ......
"Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."
Based, of course on your belief that "that Perfect" is the published Bible.

I reject that definition completely.

SInce I've spoken and received prophetic Words in the past, I'm completely aware that they're still completely functional in 2021, and will continue to be until "That perfect" actually comes along (the Lord's return, if I were to speculate). Are there PHONYS????

Boy howdy!!!!!

BUt the existence of the PHONY, in no way disqualifies the existence of the genuine.

SInce I've spoken and received prophetic Words in the past, I'm completely aware that they're still completely functional in 2021, and will continue to be until "That perfect" actually comes along (the Lord's return, if I were to speculate). Are there PHONYS????

Boy howdy!!!!!

BUt the existence of the PHONY, in no way disqualifies the existence of the genuine.
How would the Church test a supposed 'new word' from the Lord, if not by the written Word.
If it's in accord with the written Word, why would we need a 'new word'? And if it is at odds with the written word then we are to chuck it.
(BTW, I agree 'the perfect' -1Cor 13:10 is not referring to the Bible)

Isaiah 8:20 (KJV) To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Boy howdy!!!!!

Then if by your definition there are "phoneys"......how do we separate the real thing from the faked thing?

That would then leave the truth up to the one who says......."I have the real Word of Knowledge from God"....you can believe me.!!!!

I again disagree with your opinion and say that the "phoney's" DO disqualify the rest.

If the prophetic word is not found in the Scriptures then who or what is the authority. MEN.

Psalms 116:11 gives God answer my friend...........
"I said in my haste, All men are liars."

Then if by your definition there are "phoneys"......how do we separate the real thing from the faked thing?

That would then leave the truth up to the one who says......."I have the real Word of Knowledge from God"....you can believe me.!!!!

I again disagree with your opinion and say that the "phoney's" DO disqualify the rest.

If the prophetic word is not found in the Scriptures then who or what is the authority. MEN.

Psalms 116:11 gives God answer my friend...........
"I said in my haste, All men are liars."

Major, it is interesting to see various opinions some harbor about the word of God, and who call any part of it questionable, generally speaking, like to present themselves as deep level followers of God. As you know, when someone calls any part of the Bible into question, such are left with judging what is authentic and what is not authentic and trustworthy strictly on the basis of the purely subjective. That then leads to them to judging for themselves what they think are the real prophets differentiated from the host of false prophets, except among those who are dumb enough to issue prophesies that turn out to be false by any measure (COVID being one such recent phenomenon that showed us all point-blank who are the false prophets not to be feared - with one very well known and popular charlatan who still has a huge following of the blind still supporting his cult ministry).

So, unless they give prophecies that prove out to be blatantly false, what other measure is there when one calls the Bible into question by any measure? The vast majority of false prophets speak total generalities among congregations that can't necessarily betray them for the false prophets they are since speaking in generalities can and does hit upon at least one in a large enough group. I've seen this many times, and most people applaud them as the genuine article when in fact all they did was speak out what they knew would likely hit upon someone in the audience, thus eliciting their blinded-leading-the-blind applause from their followers.

(snicker, snicker) One false prophet I heard said that someone in the audience was having sex outside of marriage, and thus needed to come forward to the altar and seek forgiveness and deliverance from their sin. When nobody came forward, he was still applauded as a prophet of God by his blind and dumb followers who had no clue that, had such a message truly originated from God, that heart would already have been prepared to boldly go forward to be forgiven and loved by those in that place, regardless of his or her sin. I could walk into just about any church building with 50 or more attendees and claim someone in there is having sex outside of marriage, and likely hit upon at least five+ that were doing just that. Would that make me a prophet?

Ahh, but someone is bound to claim that "maybe" the Lord KNEW the person wouldn't go forward, but used that opportunity to work inwardly in that person's life, and thus that not being a demonstration for a false prophesy.

Seriously?

Frankly, that's a cop-out and a cheapening of the power of God in one's view of how the Lord works. The Lord doesn't lead His servants into even the appearance of the evils of false prophesy. Anyone who would say otherwise is not at all acquainted with the workings of the Lord and of His written word to us, and therefore betrays a demonstration for their lack of faith in the integrity of the word of God. Such are those who are tossed to and fro by the waves of emotionalism and subjective, human agency.

Keep hammering on the integrity of God's word as you have been doing. You have a support team behind you, brother.

MM

Major, it is interesting to see various opinions some harbor about the word of God, and who call any part of it questionable, generally speaking, like to present themselves as deep level followers of God. As you know, when someone calls any part of the Bible into question, such are left with judging what is authentic and what is not authentic and trustworthy strictly on the basis of the purely subjective. That then leads to them to judging for themselves what they think are the real prophets differentiated from the host of false prophets, except among those who are dumb enough to issue prophesies that turn out to be false by any measure (COVID being one such recent phenomenon that showed us all point-blank who are the false prophets not to be feared - with one very well known and popular charlatan who still has a huge following of the blind still supporting his cult ministry).

So, unless they give prophecies that prove out to be blatantly false, what other measure is there when one calls the Bible into question by any measure? The vast majority of false prophets speak total generalities among congregations that can't necessarily betray them for the false prophets they are since speaking in generalities can and does hit upon at least one in a large enough group. I've seen this many times, and most people applaud them as the genuine article when in fact all they did was speak out what they knew would likely hit upon someone in the audience, thus eliciting their blinded-leading-the-blind applause from their followers.

(snicker, snicker) One false prophet I heard said that someone in the audience was having sex outside of marriage, and thus needed to come forward to the altar and seek forgiveness and deliverance from their sin. When nobody came forward, he was still applauded as a prophet of God by his blind and dumb followers who had no clue that, had such a message truly originated from God, that heart would already have been prepared to boldly go forward to be forgiven and loved by those in that place, regardless of his or her sin. I could walk into just about any church building with 50 or more attendees and claim someone in there is having sex outside of marriage, and likely hit upon at least five+ that were doing just that. Would that make me a prophet?

Ahh, but someone is bound to claim that "maybe" the Lord KNEW the person wouldn't go forward, but used that opportunity to work inwardly in that person's life, and thus that not being a demonstration for a false prophesy.

Seriously?

Frankly, that's a cop-out and a cheapening of the power of God in one's view of how the Lord works. The Lord doesn't lead His servants into even the appearance of the evils of false prophesy. Anyone who would say otherwise is not at all acquainted with the workings of the Lord and of His written word to us, and therefore betrays a demonstration for their lack of faith in the integrity of the word of God. Such are those who are tossed to and fro by the waves of emotionalism and subjective, human agency.

Keep hammering on the integrity of God's word as you have been doing. You have a support team behind you, brother.

MM

Very kind words. Thank you brother. I am way to old to change.

I came from the Charismatic Pentecostal faith many, many years ago so I am very well aware of the false and out right lies that are told which pray on the gullibility of people. Actually, in the old days most people did not call themselves Pentecostals, they called themselves Holiness or Full Gospel.

Neither am I a stranger to charismatic doctrines, worship and experiences. No has to agree with me and some will disagree and that is OK.
In many more places I could name, from my experiences and "observation's", there were no miracles, no power, no gifts, no healings, nothing but the theatrical antics and delusions of men. What was claimed for the great power of God was nothing more than musical hype and psychologically induced emotionalism.

Yes, there were lots of claims and pronouncements but never was there any rubber that met the road.

Back