Liberal Theology?

I am not a caretaker of people. I do believe however in total openness on those who teach others. According the the forum rules, anything said must be documented for authority so that it is not an opinion given which is what I do. It is my hope that those who read these works understand from what kind of theology they spring from.

Joyce Meyer..........
Her brand of charismatic/name-it claim it religion has deceived many. This is sad, but the Bible says that many will be deceived by false
teacher Joyce Meyer preached thatJesus was a sinner, had been born again, stopped being the Son of God, paid for our sins in hell
from 1991 Booklet called The Most Important Decision you Will Ever Make), and was tormented there. Meyer preaches a different Jesus. What Mrs. Meyers teaches is not found in the Word of God.
Source: https://www.discerningtheworld.com/2012/07/20/joyce-meyer-shocking-false-teachings-and-quotes/

TD Jakes.................
T.D. Jakes is associated with several troublesome teachings including the prosperity gospel and positive thinking.
Jakes has long been associated with Oneness Pentecostalism which holds to an unorthodox position on the Trinity. This position is known
as Modalism or, historically, as Sabellianism.
At his church, "The Potter's House", He has stated the belief statement at the Potter’s House which says, “There is one God, Creator of all
things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three manifestations: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.” (Formerly the statement was even
clearer: “We believe in one God who is eternal in His existence, Triune in His manifestation, being both Father, Son and Holy Ghost AND
that He is Sovereign and Absolute in His authority.”) The important word here is manifestations. Where historic and Biblical
Christianity affirms persons, modalism demands use of manifestations or modes.

Modalism has long been labeled as a heresy meaning that if you believe it in place of the biblical understanding of the Trinity, you are not
and cannot be a true Christian (much of this section can be found in Wayne Grudem’s Systematic Theology).
Source: https://www.challies.com/articles/the-false-teachers-t-d-jakes/

CS Lewis...................
Prolific book writer. Many have read his works but it seems most have ignored what he wrote out of convivence. Mr. Lewis believed in
purgatory and baptismal regeneration.
Lewis believed that God created the universe; but then men evolved from animals..............
"For we have good reason to believe that animals existed long before man, for long centuries God "Perfected" the animal from which was
to become the vehicle of humanity and the image of Himself. (Eventually) God then caused a new kind of consciousness to descend upon
this organism". (The Problem of Pain, pg. 133, 77)....."Man the highest of the animals". (Mere Christianity pg. 139)
Source: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/cs_lewis.htm

A.W Tozer.................
Another prolific author. He was self taught and di not indulge. He left his royalties to many deserving institutions. From what I have read of
his works, he often does not bother to divulge precisely where his quotes are from, though whether by design or intentional neglect is
hard to ascertain. Teresa of Avila, Nicholas of Cusa, Meister Eckhardt, the anonymous penman of "The Cloud of Unknowing", and
several more, are called as testimonies for his pressing for the need for a closer walk with God. That to me opens the door to problems, but
who am I do say.

William P. Young.....
Paul Young’s The Shack has sold 20 million copies. If you then read his book ...., Lies We Believe About God, Young gives a more
propositional, concrete expression of his beliefs. If you read that book you will see that he teaches the un-biblical theology of
"Universalism".

Young lays his cards on the table his book by saying.....
“Are you suggesting that everyone is saved? That you believe in universal salvation? That is exactly what I am saying!” (118).
Later he is equally explicit: “Every human being you meet . . . is a child of God” (206). Thus, hell isn’t separation from God, but simply the
pain of resisting the salvation we have and can’t escape (137); and death doesn’t result in final judgment but simply introduces.........
“a restorative process intended to free us to run into the arms of Love” (187).

Leonard Cohen.........
Mr. Cohen is a Jewish song writer. He’s carried his Jewish faith with him throughout his life, regularly observing the Sabbath. He is also a Buddhist. Even after he started studying Zen Buddhism he said............
"I'm not looking for a new religion, I am quite happy with my old Judaism".

And Cohen’s study of Zen wasn’t just a weekend project. He lived at a Buddhist monastery for five years5 and became a fully ordained
monk in 1996.
Source: https://hollowverse.com/leonard-cohen/

Gary Chapman.........
He is a well known, Christian Pastor/author and is a Baptist theologian. He is well educated, basic and fundamental and I would
recommend any of his works. We actually attended the same seminary many years ago.
Source: ME.
The ONLY ones in that entyire list who has no real issues with based upon theology would be Gary Chapman and AW Tozier!
TD Jakes and Joyce meyers are to be avoided at all costs, as both are into word of faith, and in TD Jakes case heresy of Modualism.
CS Lewis read with discernment!

Probably the only people who today could identify with what will be happening, are the Jews in Germany and occupied Europe during the Nazi rule of WW2. THAT was a precursor on what will happen only what will happen will be many times worse than that.
Also people under Stalin.Mao, ruler in North Korea

I understand......but the point is, you may be right on the point!

The point is this......for the Scriptures to be true, there must be another Temple in Jerusalem.
Then for that to happen it can only be where the other 2 were at.
Then for that to happen, the Muslim's Temple of the Dome of the Rock must go away.

1. Earthquakes?
2. War conflict damage?
3. Jewish zealot with a bomb? (It would have to be a really big bomb).
How about Antichrist gets muslims to turn over to isreal as makes peace between them?

The ONLY ones in that entyire list who has no real issues with based upon theology would be Gary Chapman and AW Tozier!
TD Jakes and Joyce meyers are to be avoided at all costs, as both are into word of faith, and in TD Jakes case heresy of Modualism.
The others just sit on the shelf, they aren't really selling.

I suggested to stock the Gary Chapman and A W Tozer books. And these do sell. Since we are the only bookshop in the chain that stocks them, we get orders from all over the country.

hmm, seems to me, going from Barclay to TD and Joyce is that the liberalism is the same, but the level of sophistication has declined.

I understand......but the point is, you may be right on the point!

The point is this......for the Scriptures to be true, there must be another Temple in Jerusalem.
Then for that to happen it can only be where the other 2 were at.
Then for that to happen, the Muslim's Temple of the Dome of the Rock must go away.

1. Earthquakes?
2. War conflict damage?
3. Jewish zealot with a bomb? (It would have to be a really big bomb).
How about Antichrist gets muslims to turn over to isreal as makes peace between them?

Also people under Stalin.Mao, ruler in North Korea

Well....I know there has been a lot of suffering by those people you mentioned. However I do not think that what happened in them comes up to what Nazi Germany did to the Jews.

If anyone does not know and has the stomach for it, an excellent book is..........

Holocaust: The Nazis' Wartime Jewish Atrocities​

By Stephen Wynn

Can you or anyone please update me on "word of faith"? Do I need to know it? Again some new wave?

Can you or anyone please update me on "word of faith"? Do I need to know it? Again some new wave?

NO! You do not need it.

That is an acronym. Word of Faith teaching is decidedly unbiblical. It is not a denomination and does not have a formal organization or hierarchy. Instead, it is a movement that is heavily influenced by a number of high-profile pastors and teachers such as Kenneth Hagin, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Paul and Jan Crouch, and Fred Price.

The Word of Faith movement grew out of the Pentecostal movement in the late 20th century. Its founder was E. W. Kenyon, who studied the metaphysical New Thought teachings of Phineas Quimby. Mind science (where "name it and claim it" originated) was combined with Pentecostalism, resulting in a peculiar mix of orthodox Christianity and mysticism. Kenneth Hagin, in turn, studied under E. W. Kenyon and made the Word of Faith movement what it is today. Although individual teachings range from completely heretical to completely ridiculous, what follows is the basic theology most Word of Faith teachers align themselves with.

The Word of Faith movement is deceiving countless people, causing them to grasp after a way of life and faith that is not biblical. At its core is the same lie Satan has been telling since the Garden: “You shall be as God” (Genesis 3:5). Sadly, those who buy into the Word of Faith movement are still listening to him. Our hope is in the Lord, not in our own words, not even in our own faith (Ps. 33:20-22). Our faith comes from God in the first place (Ephesians 2:8; Heb. 12:2) and is not something we create for ourselves. So, be wary of the Word of Faith movement and any church that aligns itself with Word of Faith teachings.

NO! You do not need it.

That is an acronym. Word of Faith teaching is decidedly unbiblical. It is not a denomination and does not have a formal organization or hierarchy. Instead, it is a movement that is heavily influenced by a number of high-profile pastors and teachers such as Kenneth Hagin, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Paul and Jan Crouch, and Fred Price.

The Word of Faith movement grew out of the Pentecostal movement in the late 20th century. Its founder was E. W. Kenyon, who studied the metaphysical New Thought teachings of Phineas Quimby. Mind science (where "name it and claim it" originated) was combined with Pentecostalism, resulting in a peculiar mix of orthodox Christianity and mysticism. Kenneth Hagin, in turn, studied under E. W. Kenyon and made the Word of Faith movement what it is today. Although individual teachings range from completely heretical to completely ridiculous, what follows is the basic theology most Word of Faith teachers align themselves with.

The Word of Faith movement is deceiving countless people, causing them to grasp after a way of life and faith that is not biblical. At its core is the same lie Satan has been telling since the Garden: “You shall be as God” (Genesis 3:5). Sadly, those who buy into the Word of Faith movement are still listening to him. Our hope is in the Lord, not in our own words, not even in our own faith (Ps. 33:20-22). Our faith comes from God in the first place (Ephesians 2:8; Heb. 12:2) and is not something we create for ourselves. So, be wary of the Word of Faith movement and any church that aligns itself with Word of Faith teachings.
Thank you very much! OK, I see. I only heard very briefly about Benny Hinn once but did not consider it further because it sounded quite strange. Interestingly I never heard about "Word of Faith" movement. So it is not so new. Thanks for the explanation.

Thank you very much! OK, I see. I only heard very briefly about Benny Hinn once but did not consider it further because it sounded quite strange. Interestingly I never heard about "Word of Faith" movement. So it is not so new. Thanks for the explanation.

You are very welcome my friend and please......anything I tell you I invite you to check out.

Use your browser and type in the search window......"is word of faith biblical" and then read what you find.

What I used to spend hours looking up in books to prove can now be learned in 10 seconds. Scary!

You are very welcome my friend and please......anything I tell you I invite you to check out.

Use your browser and type in the search window......"is word of faith biblical" and then read what you find.

What I used to spend hours looking up in books to prove can now be learned in 10 seconds. Scary!
Of course! Certainly I do not simply believe what I hear or read, or feel (or impressions I might have). But I appreciate the information which is obviously not simply a quick opinion.

It's just people's different opinions about the Bible.
We all have them whether we are believers or unbelievers. Some people write them into books.

Word of Faith, as I understand it, was a movement of people who believed whatever you said had to be scripture, and if you said certain scriptures, they would become true just because you spoke them out loud.

Back