More Study Questions :)

all sin "korban/sacrifice" were eaten by the Priest ..
the Priest was a sort of proxy that took the sin within him ..
and then was cleansed ..

Sin offering = Korban Chatat or Hataat
(eaten by the Kohanim)
meaning once sacrificed the Jewish Priests eats it ..

guilt offering = Korban Olah
(consumed entirely by the fire of the Mizbayach)
meaning NO ONE ate the sacrifice ..

peace offering = Korban Shelamim
(eaten by the person who brings the sacrifice)
so you make a personal seder ..

thanksgiving offering = korban Todah .. example: Korban Pesach
(shared)
meaning you make a seder for family and usually invite a guest/s ..
What's the difference between guilt, burnt and guilt/sin offerings (which I understand are two different things- but where does the burnt offering fit in... is it just a general term because the sacrifices were literally burnt)?

What's the difference between guilt, burnt and guilt/sin offerings (which I understand are two different things- but where does the burnt offering fit in... is it just a general term because the sacrifices were literally burnt)?

a guilt korban/sacrifice was "consumed entirely by the fire" (only ashes left)
a sin korban/sacrifice was roasted and "eaten by the Kohanim/Priests" ..
(he took the sin, and then was cleansed)

sin is the cause .. thus the sin was removed from the one who made the korban/sacrifice, and imputed to the Kohanim/Priest ..
yet the sin remained (why it was eaten and not destroyed) ..
guilt is the effect .. thus the guilt was removed entirely (forgiveness) ..
the covenant of Moses was flawed for this reason .. it had sin atonement which had to be made often, and was without redemption ..

whereas in the Covenant of Faith is perfect, because the sacrifice was perfect and total ..
(Jesus being the High Priest takes both the sin and the guilt)
and they are no more upon repentance (God is the consuming fire) ..
Jesus is both, our High Priest and our sacrifice ..
we do not have to keep making a sin sacrifice, Jesus did that once and for all ..
but we do need to make a guilt sacrifice, which is repentance with a sincere heart ..

God Bless you ..

Last edited:
Don't worry about it.

a guilt korban/sacrifice was "consumed entirely by the fire" (only ashes left)
a sin korban/sacrifice was roasted and "eaten by the Kohanim/Priests" ..
(he took the sin, and then was cleansed)

sin is the cause .. thus the sin was removed from the one who made the korban/sacrifice, and imputed to the Kohanim/Priest ..
yet the sin remained (why it was eaten and not destroyed) ..
guilt is the effect .. thus the guilt was removed entirely (forgiveness) ..
the covenant of Moses was flawed for this reason .. it had sin atonement which had to be made often, and was without redemption ..

whereas in the Covenant of Faith is perfect, because the sacrifice was perfect and total ..
(Jesus being the High Priest takes both the sin and the guilt)
and they are no more upon repentance (God is the consuming fire) ..
Jesus is both, our High Priest and our sacrifice ..
we do not have to keep making a sin sacrifice, Jesus did that once and for all .
but we do need to make a guilt sacrifice, which is repentance with a sincere heart ..

God Bless you ..

Jamn .. I hope that answered your question to your satisfaction ..
I think it's great you studying all this ..
because as we understand part 1 of God's plan (OT) ..
it helps us to understand more fully part 2 of God's plan (NT) ..
kinda like if we walk in on the 2nd half of a movie ..
and have no clue of what happened in the first half of the movie ..

Hebrews 10 - 1
For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But Christ, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

The Lamb of God who was sinless (without the wages of sin) took all our sins (thus the wages due) onto Himself and nailed them to the tree, shedding His own blood, and thus once, and for all, killed both the power and effect of sin and death for those who faithe. It is finished! Amein...

brother Paul

I'm just beginning to study it in order to understand Christ's Law better.

when i was a child, I didn't understand why my father did what he did, but I knew he loved me and I trusted him ..

as I got older, many things became apparent to me as to the whys, and by such, my understanding of the whys "increased my love and trust in him" ..
it is this way with God too .. ask any question you want, and I will do my best to answer it ..

God Bless you ..

when i was a child, I didn't understand why my father did what he did, but I knew he loved me and I trusted him ..

as I got older, many things became apparent to me as to the whys, and by such, my understanding of the whys "increased my love and trust in him" ..
it is this way with God too ..
ask any question you want, and I will do my best to answer it ..

God Bless you ..

it is this way with God too ..
ask any question you want, and I will do my best to answer it ..

God Bless you ..
Posted new questions in Bible Study forum. :)

The Law of Moses is not the same as the Law of Christ.

However, the study of the Mosaic Law is very intriguing because of how the flesh/sin nature responds to that unique law.

Thru the history of scripture God has always had one way of salvation and that was by grace thru faith, not because of faith but thru faith because of grace. Yet in every age God provided man with a rule of life.

The rule of life concerning dietary restrictions has changed from the strict vegetarian diet in Eden to the post flood era of Noah where man could eat anything, including the animals. Then with Moses the diet for Israel was limited and restrictions are given. Then yet once again with Peter, all foods are lawful.

It is important to distinguish those rules of life given specifically to a chosen saved group of individuals vs a general rule given to everyone, saved and not saved.

The Law of Moses was specifically given to the nation of Israel of which not every Israelite was saved and yet Gentiles who wanted salvation had to proselyte into Israel to be saved. They became saved by owning the content of faith required to receive God's grace at the time and that would've been to accept the God of Israel. Today there is no such requirement of faith although God still is the God of Israel, our content of faith is the lifting up of Messiah on a pole as our sacrifice. And our rule of life is the law of Christ.

The law of Christ does not fail to bring about personal spiritual maturity because our flesh is dead in Christ. The Law of Moses was good and was David's delight and meditation but David's flesh used that law to create an immature life. That was by design as Paul writes about, the law was the pedigog who in Greek culture had absolute authority of the child until that child reached maturity or adulthood. Once adulthood was reached this was signified by the wearing of the adult toga. Paul says we are to put on Christ as a garment as the adult toga that signified to everyone that the child was now mature and free from the rule of the pedigog- the Law of Moses.

Paul says we are to put on Christ as a garment as the adult toga that signified to everyone that the child was now mature and free from the rule of the pedigog- the Law of Moses.

Rom 2:13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.
Rom 2:14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,
Rom 2:15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,

Rom 2:13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.
Rom 2:14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,
Rom 2:15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,

For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; (Romans 2:12 NASB)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393196388.634760.jpg

For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; (Romans 2:12 NASB)

nice picture ..
Gentiles not under a covenant perish ..
and the law of Moses does judge those under it ..
the same as the Law of Christ judges all under it ..

Back