Must one Hold to the trinity to be saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, just not sure how we got off on that tangent.
Because you said to me.............
I just find it hard to believe that a truly saved person (means having the Holy Spirit) would reject what the Spirit Himself teaches...are they born again or no?

Yes they are but at that early point...OMO they do not understand the indwelling or the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

So...it is all Your fault!!!

Because you said to me.............

Yes they are but at that early point...OMO they do not understand the indwelling or the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

So...it is all Your fault!!!
mea culpa, OMO??

They may not understand the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, but nevertheless He is actively doing 'God's thing' in their lives...convicting, revealing, enlightening their understanding according to His Word, pointing them to Jesus etc..

mea culpa, OMO??

They may not understand the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, but nevertheless He is actively doing 'God's thing' in their lives...convicting, revealing, enlightening their understanding according to His Word, pointing them to Jesus etc..
Absolutly!

When I was a child I was very confused about the Trinity. I basically saw God the Father as almighty and all powerful and I saw Jesus as powerful, but junior to God the Father and I saw the Holy Spirit as a bunch of guardian angels. Today I understand the Trinity as ONE God in essence/nature yet in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

When I was a child I was very confused about the Trinity. I basically saw God the Father as almighty and all powerful and I saw Jesus as powerful, but junior to God the Father and I saw the Holy Spirit as a bunch of guardian angels. Today I understand the Trinity as ONE God in essence/nature yet in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Its hard to grasp for sure.

One Being, who exists eternally as 3 persons

To the O. P. I would answer no, one does not have to hold to the trinity to be saved !

Jesus said he was the life, the truth, and the way; there was no other way to the Father except by him. We must know where we are in our sinful existence and realize how filthy God sees us to have conviction to repent and a desire to be saved or change.

We must look at Jesus and his selfless sacrifice for our penalty of sin. His love that held Him to the cross and that love was all about us!

Salvation is an event when our eyes are fully opened and we are awake to the fact of the wretched,sinful,miserable life we are living! Our realization causes us to want to do better or delve deeper in sin to escape what we see. Because of this we can choose life or death but not both, this is the turnstile of life.

Jesus is salvation and he is what we must desire above all things in life. We must choose HIM AND ONLY HIM TO BE SAVED.

To the O. P. I would answer no, one does not have to hold to the trinity to be saved !

Jesus said he was the life, the truth, and the way; there was no other way to the Father except by him. We must know where we are in our sinful existence and realize how filthy God sees us to have conviction to repent and a desire to be saved or change.

We must look at Jesus and his selfless sacrifice for our penalty of sin. His love that held Him to the cross and that love was all about us!

Salvation is an event when our eyes are fully opened and we are awake to the fact of the wretched,sinful,miserable life we are living! Our realization causes us to want to do better or delve deeper in sin to escape what we see. Because of this we can choose life or death but not both, this is the turnstile of life.

Jesus is salvation and he is what we must desire above all things in life. We must choose HIM AND ONLY HIM TO BE SAVED.
Once saved, can we then deny the trinity?

Once saved, can we then deny the trinity?
No ! God must be acknowledged in his fullness as God, the Father, God, the Son Jesus, and God the Holy Spirit.

As a babe one must desire the SINCERE MILK of the word for proper growth in the word. Once the process has begun, then God reveals himself more and more to those who seek and desire to walk in fellowship with him.

No ! God must be acknowledged in his fullness as God, the Father, God, the Son Jesus, and God the Holy Spirit.

As a babe one must desire the SINCERE MILK of the word for proper growth in the word. Once the process has begun, then God reveals himself more and more to those who seek and desire to walk in fellowship with him.
agreed, as there seems to be a big effort among the churches today to have the heresies of Modualism and Oneness and Unitarian somehow accepted as also being "Christian"

(1Co 15:1) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
(1Co 15:2) By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
(1Co 15:3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
(1Co 15:4) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

I fail to see where it says one must believe in the Trinity as a requirement for salvation.

(1Co 15:1) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
(1Co 15:2) By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
(1Co 15:3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
(1Co 15:4) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

I fail to see where it says one must believe in the Trinity as a requirement for salvation.
if one does not see God as a trinity, would be seeing Him as heresy of Modualism, Oneness, or unitarinism!

Why has being a follow become so inundated with all these diverse ism and nessess? Or is it just the word "christianity"?

You do well to believe there is ONE GOD ,even the devils believe and tremble in fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back