NT/OT

Thing is though the NT did say gentiles (non jews) were not under the same laws as Israel was because what was given to the Israelites in MT Sinai was not given to everyone in the entire world.
That may hold true for the ceremonial and community laws and regulations, but the moral law (as encoded in the 10 Commandments) were universal, although also broken by the Gentiles...

They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them (Rom 2:15)

The Israelites were also bound to the holy land and God specifically gave them the boundaries of that land.
They LOST that land when they couldn't keep the covenant and were exiled to lands where they were ruled by unbelieving nations, babylon etc.
That is debatable. I wouldn't be dogmatic on that count...

For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. (Rom 11:29)

You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.
(Jer 29:13-14)

The promise of the land was given to Abraham under an unconditional covenant.

It actually said (well God did say) that they broke the covenant. (a quick internet search reveals 37 verses where the Bible says the Israelites broke the covenant!) God keeps his end of the covenant but the Israelites didn't keep theirs.
So instead of blessings, they got curses.
However this is where Jesus comes in and pays for the Israelites sin (and even non Isralites who believe) by giving his life and blood - and the sins are FORGIVEN.

You need to read Book of Hebrews to fully understand how the covenant works in the context of the sacrifice. I can't explain it in one or two sentences.

It actually said (well God did say) that they broke the covenant. (a quick internet search reveals 37 verses where the Bible says the Israelites broke the covenant!) God keeps his end of the covenant but the Israelites didn't keep theirs.
However this is where Jesus comes in and pays for the Israelites sin (and even non Isralites who believe) by giving his life and blood - and the sins are FORGIVEN.

You need to read Book of Hebrews to fully understand how the covenant works in the context of the sacrifice. I can't explain it in one or two sentences.

I agree to a point. It would be best understood that the writer of Hebrews was making in clear that there was a "change in the law".

The book of Hebrews teaches us that the descendants of Aaron would be replaced by a better priesthood and a better priest — and that has enormous consequences.

Chapter 7:12......
“For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law”.

What law is changed? The law that said only Levites could be priests. Which law said that? The old covenant.

But first, the author wants to make certain basic facts clear. Chapter 7:13........
“He of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe”.

He is speaking about Jesus, of whom it is said that he is a priest after the order of Melchizedek — but Jesus was not a Levite. He belonged to the tribe of Judah, and no one from that tribe was ever a priest, and Moses did not authorize anyone from Judah to be a priest (7:14).

15-16.......
“And what we have said” — that is, that the law has been changed — “is even more clear if another priest like Melchizedek appears, one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life”.

Jesus was appointed as priest not by a law that focused on genealogy, but because he lives forever at God’s right hand. From this fact alone, we can see that the Law of Moses is no longer in force.

Verses 18-19..........
“The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God”. The law that restricted the priesthood to Levites was ineffective.

How much was “set aside”? Certainly, it was the regulation restricting the priesthood to Levites. But no one expected that restriction to produce perfection, anyway. There is more involved than just one regulation. It is “the law” as a whole that is under discussion here. The Law of Moses did not have the power to make anyone perfect. The best that the old covenant could offer was not good enough.

Instead of the law, we are given a better hope, and since we have something better than the law, we are now able to draw near to God in a way that was not possible under the Law of Moses.

Not sure who you are addressing but I'll assume it is me since I posted last just before this post of yours. One question to you.
Do you understand the difference between the Abrahamic Covenant (unconditional) and the Mosaic Covenant (conditional)?
I have read Hebrews many times as it is one of my favorite Books. Hebrews does not deal so much with the Abrahamic Covenant as it does with the Priesthood of Jesus being superior over the Levitical Priesthood. It is a bookof 'betters'.

Not sure who you are addressing but I'll assume it is me since I posted last just before this post of yours. One question to you.
Do you understand the difference between the Abrahamic Covenant (unconditional) and the Mosaic Covenant (conditional)?
I have read Hebrews many times as it is one of my favorite Books. Hebrews does not deal so much with the Abrahamic Covenant as it does with the Priesthood of Jesus being superior over the Levitical Priesthood. It is a bookof 'betters'.

AMEN! And Amen!

I appreciate the suggestion Gari must I have to reject it.

Abraham had no knowledge of the church, Jesus Christ, the prophets, Moses or the Ten Commandments but he was saved through faith in God's promises. Abram had no real knowledge of what the promises of God entailed through Jesus Christ, but he chose to believe in God's promises.

Shall we consider what the Word of God actually says about this??????

Genesis 12:1-4 The LORD had said to Abram.........
"Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." So Abram left, as the LORD had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Haran."

We can position our minds at these verses and see all the way to the cross with an understanding of what these promises entailed. However, historically Abraham was standing at Genesis 12, long before Genesis was even written with no knowledge of the rest of the story revealed in Genesis; and absolutely no knowledge of the 66 books of the Bible yet to be revealed. But he chose to step out upon God’s promises although he couldn’t see what tomorrow would bring.

Romans 3:26 that you used actually has nothing to do with Abraham at all.

Gari........It is important not to focus so exclusively on one particular passage that you are kept from a properly developed understanding of the consistent teaching of sacred Scripture as a whole. For example, the Old Testament book of Leviticus would be unsolvable without the New Testament book of Hebrews and the Old Testament book of the prophet Isaiah would be limited in its revelation without the four Gospels.

Heresies usually begin from an exaggerated interpretation of one passage of Scripture without looking at Scripture as a whole.
Believe that what Jesus meant that Abraham saw His day and rejoiced was when he saw that God would provide the sacrificial lamb to come!

You said...........
That spirit of error will have its freedom to deceive until the last day under the sun.

I agree completely with that comment and it is exactly why I have said directly to you that the PRETERIST agenda that you promote is Biblically false.

That is exactly why I have said that your comment that "SATAN FELL AT THE CROSS" is totally incorrect.

That is exactly why I have said to your that your opinion of the "Abomination of Desolation" is not Biblical.

ALL of those are Preterist teachings which you are promoting here under the guise of basic Christianity. That GAri is the "Spirit of Error".

You have said in the past what the PRETERIST theology says which is ......
1. Titus of the Roman Empire fulfilled the prophecies from Jesus in Matthew 24 when he destroyed the Temple in 70AD.
2. The PRETERIST doctrine is that he was the Antichrist of Revelation which has clouded your understanding of the Abomonation of Desolation., 3. He fulfilled the prophecies in Matthew 24 in 70AD.
4. We are already in the 1000 year rule of Christ.
5. The Church has replaced Israel.

If Titus was the Antichrist, who was the False Prophet, and who were the Two Witnesses? There is no record of these men.

Also in 70 A.D. real, recorded history says that .....
  • The sun, moon and stars did not go dark.
  • Jesus DID NOT come in the in clouds with power and glory, as the lighting flashes across the sky.
  • The gathering of saints in the 1st resurrection did not happen!
THOSE ARE YOUR words Gari, not something thought up and that is ........
That spirit of error will have its freedom to deceive until the last day under the sun.
Even worse, they claim Second Coming was in 70 AD! So no physical and bodily resurrection will be happening!

Just shows what happens with one takes a "spiritualism" view to all prophetic books!

I would offer the whole Bible is called the book of prophecy or book of the law the declared will of God .

How would a person define what some call "spiritualism"?

Accorording to the instruction for comparing the unseen spiritual to the same unseen spiritual or faith to faith? If not what would define "spiritualism"? Then how can we know the right manner of spirit seeing we do do wretle against flesh and blood the things seen. ? How does a person compare faith the work of the unseen spirit. . to the same faith but natural man recieves not the understanding, it is hid? How are the mysteries found?

2 Corthians 2: 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

The law of the Spirit of Christ working in us to both will and empower Christian to do it yoked with Him manintains the letter of the law death .Not one jot or title will pass form it till the last day

Matthew 5:17-19 King James Version (KJV) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

I would offer the whole Bible is called the book of prophecy or book of the law the declared will of God .

Accorording to the instruction for comparing the unseen spiritual to the same unseen spiritual or faith to faith? If not what would define "spiritualism"? Then how can we know the right manner of spirit seeing we do do wretle against flesh and blood the things seen. ? How does a person compare faith the work of the unseen spirit. . to the same faith but natural man recieves not the understanding, it is hid? How are the mysteries found?

2 Corthians 2: 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

The law of the Spirit of Christ working in us to both will and empower Christian to do it yoked with Him manintains the letter of the law death .Not one jot or title will pass form it till the last day

Matthew 5:17-19 King James Version (KJV) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

I mean one interprets all of prophecy as being either allegorical, or else in a spiritual, non literal sense!

Maybe we are using different Bibles?

2 Corinthians 2:13 (KJV) I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia.

At least the word 'spirit' is found in both.

The WHOLE Bible is NOT Prophecy Garee. That is YOUR personal opinion.

There is today a proliferation of Bible "prophecy" leading to widespread confusion about what is true and what is false. This is especially seen on the Internet. A lot of this confusion is due to a lack of understanding of definitions and what constitutes Biblical prophecy.

I would say that probably 30% of the Bible concerns prophecy...But NOT THE WHOLE Bible.
The Creation is not prophetic.
The love of God is not prophetic.
The Grace of God is not prophetic.

And the list goes on and on and on.

Then you asked............
"How would a person define what some call "spiritualism"?"

The Church of Spiritualism, also known as the Spiritualist Church, has its roots in the ancient practice of communicating with the spirits of the dead. It is a group of people or person who focuses on "NECRONANCY".

When someone uses the word......"SPIRITUALIZATION" of Scriptures as seen here on this site, it is about changing the WOrd of God from what it literally says to what YOU want it to say.

It is when God says that the battle of Armageddon is at the end of the 7 year Tribulation and then Jesus comes again, and then there will be the 1000 year rule of Christ...... but someone says, NO....., Jesus came in 70 AD and that was the beginning of the 1000 year rule of Christ.

There is today a proliferation of Bible "prophecy" leading to widespread confusion about what is true and what is false. This is especially seen on the Internet. A lot of this confusion is due to a lack of understanding of definitions and what constitutes Biblical prophecy.

I would say that probably 30% of the Bible concerns prophecy...But NOT THE WHOLE Bible.

The Church of Spiritualism, also known as the Spiritualist Church, has its roots in the ancient practice of communicating with the spirits of the dead. It is a group of people or person who focuses on "NECRONANCY".

When someone uses the word......"SPIRITUALIZATION" of Scriptures as seen here on this site, it is about changing the WOrd of God from what it literally says to what YOU want it to say.

It is when God says that the battle of Armageddon is at the end of the 7 year Tribulation and then Jesus comes again, and then there will be the 1000 year rule of Christ...... but someone says, NO....., Jesus came in 70 AD and that was the beginning of the 1000 year rule of Christ.

Thanks I would offer. . Prophecy like a few other key words has been changed by men as an oral tradition, men adding new (un-authorized) meaning to words. Prophecy is simply the declaration of God revealing his mind as a witness who was there working in mankind to both will and perform His good pleasure

How would a person compare the spiritual unseen to the same or called faith to faith .or even face to face in the knowledge of God ?

What happens when one literalized the hidden spiritual meaning hid in aparble

The Bible alone (sola scriptura) its entirety is book of true prophecy the declared witness of God .It contain no private interpretations of men. Every word in men of old is God breathed or moved by God. Not one jot or tittle from the mind of mankind.

When men start to subtract from the whole accrediting some to this person or another like Paul against James. They have already violated the warning in the last chapter of Revelation as well as the reference in Deuteronomy 4 :2 similar to the Revelation 22 warning but in respect to a single world like prophet apostle or the word saint a few that get abused quite often and therefore destroying the integrity of the whole ,

We have the whole book or perfect book .There are no law missing by which we could know our God more intimately of face to face.

I do not practice necromancy, seeking the dead saints as disembodied workers with familiar spirits. We are taught not to according to the parable of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16.

We are in the tribulation the last days signified in a parable (found in revealtion 20 by the metaphor "thousand years" just as it used throughout the Bible to represent a un know concealed .

God does not number time periods or people. That is the kind of government that employs a hierarchy of men that lord it over the faith of the non-venerable .Again it was reformed when the veil was rent and Satan fell not have the ability to deceive all the nation that salvation had to do with the flesh kings the pagan foundation .WE are the temple of Christ .It was reestablished

Those last days they began at the time of reformation signaled by the renting of the veil which previous when Jesus walked out of the temple for the last time declared it desolation as in is desolate not 40 years later 70 AD. No sign was given that had not already been fulfilled . Jesus says it’s a evil generation (no faith as it is written) therefore they seek after a sign seeing before they will trust God not seen

We walk by faith that works in us not by looking at the flesh the temporal things

The time of tribulation like never before or ever again had come the time of reformation restoring the order to Judges as show at Pentecost the promise of Joel. God restoring the government of faith . Christ is here reigning in the hearts of believers. The resurrection gates will close on the last day under the Sun

Thanks I would offer. . Prophecy like a few other key words has been changed by men as an oral tradition, men adding new (un-authorized) meaning to words. Prophecy is simply the declaration of God revealing his mind as a witness who was there working in mankind to both will and perform His good pleasure

How would a person compare the spiritual unseen to the same or called faith to faith .or even face to face in the knowledge of God ?

The Bible alone (sola scriptura) its entirety is book of true prophecy the declared witness of God .It contain no private interpretations of men. Every word in men of old is God breathed or moved by God. Not one jot or tittle from the mind of mankind.

When men start to subtract from the whole accrediting some to this person or another like Paul against James. They have already violated the warning in the last chapter of Revelation as well as the reference in Deuteronomy 4 :2 similar to the Revelation 22 warning but in respect to a single world like prophet apostle or the word saint a few that get abused quite often and therefore destroying the integrity of the whole ,

We have the whole book or perfect book .There are no law missing by which we could know our God more intimately of face to face.

I do not practice necromancy, seeking the dead saints as disembodied workers with familiar spirits. We are taught not to according to the parable of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16.

We are in the tribulation the last days signified in a parable (found in revealtion 20 by the metaphor "thousand years" just as it used throughout the Bible to represent a un know concealed .

God does not number time periods or people. That is the kind of government that employs a hierarchy of men that lord it over the faith of the non-venerable .Again it was reformed when the veil was rent and Satan fell not have the ability to deceive all the nation that salvation had to do with the flesh kings the pagan foundation .WE are the temple of Christ .It was reestablished

Those last days they began at the time of reformation signaled by the renting of the veil which previous when Jesus walked out of the temple for the last time declared it desolation as in is desolate not 40 years later 70 AD. No sign was given that had not already been fulfilled . Jesus says it’s a evil generation (no faith as it is written) therefore they seek after a sign seeing before they will trust God not seen

We walk by faith that works in us not by looking at the flesh the temporal things

The time of tribulation like never before or ever again had come the time of reformation restoring the order to Judges as show at Pentecost the promise of Joel. God restoring the government of faith . Christ is here reigning in the hearts of believers. The resurrection gates will close on the last day under the Sun

You said.......
"The Bible alone (sola scriptura) its entirety is book of true prophecy the declared witness of God."

I do not agree and what you just said tells me that YOU do not understand the meaning of the the word "Prophecy".

The classic meaning of the word "Prophecy" is ...to forthtell the future. Now.....Garee, God has a plan. He has told it clearly on the pages of the Holy Scriptures. Holy men of God, guided by the Holy Spirit, wrote of great world events centuries before they were to come to pass. That is not the question and has nothing to do with your opinion.

As I have already said......."IN the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"....is NOT a prophetic statement.

"SOLA SCRIPTURA" is not Bible prophecy. The phrase sola scriptura is from the Latin: sola having the idea of “alone,” “ground,” “base,” and the word scriptura meaning “writings”—referring to the Scriptures. Sola scriptura means that Scripture alone is authoritative for the faith and practice of the Christian so that the lost man can be saved. SOLA SCRIPTURA has nothing to do with telling forth future events but has everything to do with how man can have a relationship with God through what is found ONLY IN THE BIBLE!!!!!!
The Bible is complete, authoritative, and true.

2 Tim. 3:16 says......
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness”.
***************************************************************************************************************************************************
You then stated.....
"What happens when one literalized the hidden spiritual meaning hid in aparble".

We then see AMillennial, Preterist teachings because people make the literal Word of God into what they want it to say because they have a hidden agenda such as Gnosticism.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Then you said.........
"When men start to subtract from the whole accrediting some to this person or another like Paul against James. They have already violated the warning in the last chapter of Revelation as well as the reference in Deuteronomy 4 :2 similar to the Revelation 22 warning but in respect to a single world like prophet apostle or the word saint a few that get abused quite often and therefore destroying the integrity of the whole"

Garee........subtraction has never been the problem with false teaching from the Bible. It is however the ADDING TO what the Bible says that is the problem.

Subtraction and ADDITION are both condemned by the Word of God so you are correct. Now that begs the question...since YOU just said that of WHY do YOU believe that Jesus came the 2nd time in 70 AD when Jerusalem was destroyed and the 1000 year rule of Christ is past.

Since the Bible says NONE OF THAT why do YOU promote that false teaching BY ADDING TO THE WORD OF GOD.
Do you not see the hypocritical position you have just placed yourself in??????

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************
You said.......

Garee......May the Lord bless you my friend...but YOU once again just quoted the PRETERIST position of theology. We are not supossed to talk about it but YOU keep posting it so I must challenge you.

YOU just said what you opposed. We are not to add to the Word of God and you said and I quote your exact word........
"Prophecy like a few other key words has been changed by men as an oral tradition, men adding new (un-authorized) meaning to words."

When ANYONE reads the book of the Revelation, combined with Daniel and other prophetic Scripture, it become clear that there is a chronological order to the end time events. YOU however have SUBRACTED that truth and ADDED the PRETERIST position.

IF......we are in the Tribulation Peroid then you have removed the 1st Resurrection of the saints, and ignored Israel.

You said........
"Again it was reformed when the veil was rent and Satan fell not have the ability to deceive all the nation that salvation had to do with the flesh kings the pagan foundation .WE are the temple of Christ .It was reestablished".

Garee.....You have done what YOU said should not be done. YOU added to the Word of God.

Stan FELL from grace right after Creation and was removed from heaven and then tempted Eve in the Garden He did not fall at the Crucifixion and you saying it over and over does not make it real, just show you are incorrect. Please understand Garree.......
THERE ARE NO SCRIPTURES WHICH SAY OR IMPLY THAT SATAN FELL AT THE CRUCIFIXION OF CHRIST!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************
Then you said...........
.WE are the temple of Christ .It was reestablished".

WHAT was "REESTABLISHED"???

When Christ said "IT WAS FINISHED" He was referring to the salvation of humanity. God's plan for man to be saved was FINISHED by the work of Jesus on the cross.
********************************************************************************************************************************************************

You said....

"The time of tribulation like never before or ever again had come the time of reformation restoring the order to Judges as show at Pentecost the promise of Joel."

Again...that is your personal agenda opinion because you are a PRETERIST and that is not Biblical. The 7 year Tribulation will not happen until Israel agrees with the Anti0Christ on a 7 year Peace Treaty which will start the Tribulation perois.

The prophet Daniel refers to a covenant/accord that will be signed at the end of the age concerning a seven-year period between Israel and her enemies. This covenant will be broken in the “middle” of these seven years. (Daniel 9:24-27.) The middle of these seven years amounts to 3.5 years.

Daniel 9:24-27...........These are the LITERAL words of God ...........
“Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy place. 25 Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time. 26 And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed. 27 And he (A/C) shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”

Joel 2 DID NOT tale place in Acts 2! Peter quoted Joel 2 but as the Bible tells us the.........
1. There was NOT swarming locust plague as seen in Joel 2.
2. There was NOT portents in the heavens and on the earth as seen in Joel 2.
3. There was NOT blood seen as recorded in Joel 2.
4. There was NOT any fire seen as recorded in Joel 2.
5. There was NOT any columns of smoke.
6. The sun did not turn to darkness.
7. The moon did not turn to blood.

Joel said in the "LAST DAYS" and for you to say that Joel 2 was fulfilled in Acts 2 is to ADD to the Word of God just as you siad was NOT TO BE DONE!
*************************************************************************************************************************************************
Then you said.............
The resurrection gates will close on the last day under the Sun.

The 1st resutrrection will not be finished until the resurrection of the myrters in
Rev. 14..........
Many of the tribulation saints will be martyred: "Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years" (Revelation 20:4). The martyrs of the tribulation will be resurrected at the commencement of the millennium.

IF Jesus had His second coming in 70 AD, where were the vast resurrections, and why are we still in a sin filled world now?

Back