On Richness and Poverty

I would love to do this with you!!! I just do not see how it can be done because we will have many others getting involved and the back and forth will get very convoluted and off course.

But if you want to try it I will let you start the thread.........maybe call it, "The OK Coral" and post the Scripture in question that you would like to discuss, ONE at a time and we can go from there.

By the way.......I have TWO single action pistols. One is the pistol my great-great-great grandfather used in the Civil war and I am a really good shot!

Thats what I wanted to hear. I will start a thread SOON- I have a couple of things to check into first then we can go from there.
Thank You Major,
God Bless
Jim

I agree totally with you. I never said that a Christian should live in poverty. Just the opposite is the Bible truth.

As for defending the faith, I also have now for many years done just that and will continue to do so. It has been my calling from the Lord to rightly divide His precious Word and when the Word of God is twisted and misinterpreted that I always step up to defend it. Always have and always will.

We all have the same calling concerning rightly dividing the word of truth.

I would love to do this with you!!! I just do not see how it can be done because we will have many others getting involved and the back and forth will get very convoluted and off course.

But if you want to try it I will let you start the thread.........maybe call it, "The OK Coral" and post the Scripture in question that you would like to discuss, ONE at a time and we can go from there.

By the way.......I have TWO single action pistols. One is the pistol my great-great-great grandfather used in the Civil war and I am a really good shot!

I'll get up on a roof and snipe.

this is so weird.
One guy arguing God gives him $450 suits
Another saying its ok to have Ferarri car.

????

Well, God gave me the gift of salvation and thats worth much more than those things.
anyway, I drive a toyota. Judge me on that. I did sell my old car to another person who needed it, so, its not like I have two. Also, if I do buy a new coat, that means I give my old one away to someone who needs it. If someone gave you a suit and ferrari, that's fine, but if you bought it yourself, boast about it, and not prepared to give it up, then..I don't know. I don't really think that's christian.

we can't boast about our stuff, we can only boast that we are saved by Jesus. and our adornment isn't in the fine clothes we wear (if we have fine clothes) but in our good works....
Hey, welcome back. Seems you took a break for a bit.

Amen Lanolin,
We boast in God and what He does for it is not about us but Him. You know you are sold out to Jesus when some one needs a coat and would like your old one and you give them the new one and keep the old one. For some folks that is simply going to far but I believe that YOU Lanolin would give the new away and keep the old. It is your heart and it shows even if you dont think so.
God Bless and it is nice to see you posting again.
God Bless
Hah
Reminds me of what someone told me happened to him.
He had this guy working for him in the garden, but he would always fight with him for how he pruned the plants and coming late, etc. until one day he thought now is the day I will fire this guy from this job. God told him, "Stop the lorry, first, on this day, take him home with your Land Rover Discovery that I gave you." So he did, this changed him, he experienced the treacherous route this man had to travel including the uphill's and bad gravel roads he cycled, the conditions he lived in and all his challenges.
He returned home and God clearly told him to go to his clothes cupboard and give 50% of his clothes to his gardener. So the guy went and sifted out his older clothes, as well as the ones that became a bit tight around the waist and the ones he did not like, 50% of his clothes cupboard. He collected all the clothes in a black bag and picked it up to take it down stairs. God told him, "Hey, what you doing? Where you going?" So he said, that he is going to take all this clothes to his gardener. God told him, "But what are you going to wear if you give all those clothes away?" So the guy said, no, my clothes is in the cupboard, and God told him, no that which is in the cupboard is your gardeners clothes, the ones in the black bags are yours.
He was obedient and changed the clothes, needless to say, he gave away sets of his best suits and shirts to his gardener.
Today, they are the best of friends.

Not me. Do you know how high maintenance a Ferrari is????

I would sell the thing, pay the tithe on it and give the rest to my children......or maybe buy some more suits!
Not just that, some of these sports cars with rear seat, man I tell you, what are the designers thinking - they want you to chop of your children's legs to fit them in the back.
Plus, our roads these days! You'll have to lift the suspension and fit 4x4 tyres to be able to survive all the pot-holes.
It's easier to just get a truck from the word go, and for the Ferrari asking price, another truck for your brother and sister, father, uncle, best friend and best enemy.

Not just that, some of these sports cars with rear seat, man I tell you, what are the designers thinking - they want you to chop of your children's legs to fit them in the back.
Plus, our roads these days! You'll have to lift the suspension and fit 4x4 tyres to be able to survive all the pot-holes.
It's easier to just get a truck from the word go, and for the Ferrari asking price, another truck for your brother and sister, father, uncle, best friend and best enemy.

See you think with a PU mentality when if you think with the fancy car mentality you not only have your self a fancy car but can buy others what they need. See if you enough to have the fancy then you truly have plenty to give out.

Kind of like cup half empty or half full.
Bless YOU my friend
Jim

In america I expect everyone drives a truck. So if someone drove a ferrari they'd be looked down on as poor. You can hardly fit anything in it.
rotfl.PNG

(y) (y) (y)

In america I expect everyone drives a truck. So if someone drove a ferrari they'd be looked down on as poor. You can hardly fit anything in it.
I think trucks are so much cooler than sports cars, and you've nailed it on functionality.
We have a lot of taxi combi's in South Africa, and they drive really badly - so to drive something that puts you on eye level with those drivers makes up for it, and in certain trucks you are actually higher, which kinda bring your piece of road space back into your control.
Big fan of the new Ford Ranger

We call SUVs in our country 'remuera tractors' because rich people in the suburb of Remuera drive them.

Then you get hipsters like Lorde, who claim they are poor students, and dont have rich postcodes, while earning millions from hit songs. Ironic.

Really, she is well off compared to a lot of the population in her country. Even before she got famous. So...I dont know what shes complaining about!

The problem Brother Abdicate is that people here are forgetting the golden rule.
A truck is priority
DIRT is for RACING.......Asphalt is for getting there.
Fishing Boat is a house hold Staple......
Your nearest neighbor can be seen through a pair of binoculars or heard by their target practice.
This is the AMERICAN DREAM....ooops wrong thread
jim

I never really thought about the different 'classes' or caste systems we have as humans till I became an adult and people started judging you on how much money you earned.

Children don't care bout these things generally. All they know is, their parents love them and look after them. And give them everything. They don't have to earn it. And it doesn't matter material things, the most important thing above all else is they are given love. That is priceless.

The world thinks of money...people are 'consumers' not even people, just economic units.

They don't see people with souls..they see people with a price on their heads.

Back