Pondering Questions,Looking For Feedback!

I have heard the saying in my lifetime.... There are no dumb questions but some give dumb answers!

If one doesn't know,then it's always best to ask.
Jesus even instructed us to" ASK,and to SEEK".

In the word, we are to search the scriptures,rightly dividing them,and examine the context of what is being said.We show our genuine workmanship of the Lord by having FACTS as opposed to OPINIONS.

Giving ANSWERS should be done with great care,bc some will take what they receive and make doctrine of it.

The word should NEVER be taken lightly,used as a weapon or justification. We must not be flippant or look at others as though they must be STUPID,not to know the answer.

View attachment 6817
This saying is awesome bc we are to be as children in the Lord. If answers are so theological and require a high IQ.we should keep quiet. Never talk over someone's head. Jesus keep it simple and related his parables to the ways of life,even though they were NOT meant to be understood by the Jewish ppl.

We are to use the word to instruct,edify,encourage,correct,reproof and build each other up.

If approved,I pray we can be sincere,kind,not foolish,and above all receive from this thread. Remember there are NO dumb questions!
I like the Einstein quote, kinda reminds me of a quote I have often used..."Long windedness is a sure sign of short understanding "

Einstein also said : Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

How does a believer look at political correctness in fear of offending others?
Are we supposed to make it soft for ppl that rebell against God's word by calling evil good,and good evil?

How would people know they are rebelling against Gods word if they don't even know what God's word is. Not everyone is conversant with the Bible. Some have never read a scripture in their life so how would they even know they are being rebellious.

Also, no matter what you do, you are likely to offend somebody. However, you can give people grace. What did Jesus do about the woman caught in adultery? And also did he not tell her to sin no more, whilst not casting stone at her but also pointing out the hypocrisy in the mens hearts.

We know that Rahab lied to protect the spies of Israel.
We know Jonah showed rebellion and arrogance when told to preach to Nineveh.
We know Elijah showed lack of faith when he hid in a cave and whined to God that he was the only prophet left.
We know John the Baptist had doubt about Jesus being the Messiah,when he sent his followers to ask Jesus, Are you he?

I've read countless books,testimonies and documentaries on WW2 and the Nazi's reign of terror. Believers and Jews alike had to do many things in the survival and help of themselves and others; things we call sin.

Compound question :

Are we so inundated with the thoughts of sin and sinning that we can not hear God's instructions?

If asked or told to do something you thought was sin to save or protect someone else, would you and how would you know God oks it?

Well if you KNEW it was sin you'd confess or tell God about it.
I don't know if the examples did those things because they didn't know everything or they just didn't know any better way to go forward.

You can only act on what you know or what revelation you have at the time.

Eg Peter not wanting to eat with the Gentiles because he thought it would be a sin. Then God shows and tells him something else.

Sin is defined in the word from the O. T. to the N.T.

James 4:17 (says this)
Therefore to him that KNOWETH to do good, and doeth it NOT, to him it is sin.
Mat.15:19 (Jesus says this)
For out of the HEART proceeds evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornication, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
1 Cor.6 9/10 ( Paul says this)
Know ye NOT that the UNRIGHTEOUS shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God? Be NOT DECEIVED:
neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind. Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards,nor revilers,nor extortioners, shall INHERIT the kingdom of God.
Gal.5:19 (and again)
Now the WORKS of the flesh are manifest,which are these; Adultery,fornication,uncleanness,lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred,variance,emulations,wrath, strife,,seditions,heresies,
Envyings,murders,drunkenness,revellings and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have told you in times past,that they that do such things shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God.

And so on.........

We know,however that God does NOT look at things from OUR perspective. For instance incest was allowed,Lot and his daughters .............ect.

If your conscience tell you to do a thing such as lie or steal ect ect for a greater good........... are we supposed to disobey?
Real believers,not fluff, know what I am asking !

Some ppl are childish in their learnings, babes that need milk ,not meat. Others may be on a spectrum, still there are those who SIMPLY DO NOT STUDY THE WORD!
Therefore they cannot see the depth of the word, yet choose to be knowledgeable in things that will NOT sustain them in the race UNTIL THE END!

We can not learn how to build a rocket ship if we are looking for HIS SECOND COMING TO RECEIVE US!

37If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 38But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
I Corinthians 14

Not for you to judge - that's God's job. God isn't that keen on busybodies.

Maturity isn't based on age neither is spirituality based on how long a person claims salvation,nor how many years of church attendance.

Maturity in the Lord is based on knowledge,what has been gleaned by study of the word under the teacher,the Holy Spirit. It is also based on understanding what's been taught. Wisdom ,however is using that knowledge in understanding how to apply it and share him and his word with the unbelievers.

1 Peter 4:17 Judgement BEGINS at the House of God,and I don't mean a building nor denomination,but the fellowship of true believers.

Lanolin
Your scripture is out of context.
Let's face it we don't like each other,so it might be best if we refrain from addressing on another or our threads.

You are mistaken that it is not our right to judge, not judge whether a person is saved or not, nor whether a person is heaven or hell bound.

We all however should have an understanding of where each is in the Lord,and discern how best to help one another.That is not judging,furthermore if a believer begins to fall away, we are instructed on how to confer with him and his sin,then if one doesn't repent DIS-FELLOWSHIP him.

God doesn't like nor dislike personalities such as you say busybodies, know it alls, unteachable, ECT.
God loves his ppl that keep their sins under the blood through confession and repentance. He also loves those of his that are obedient and follow HIS COMMANDMENTS!

I am not a soft person and I apologise for this,I'm blunt,to the point and say what I mean. I realise some interpret this as harshness. I do not suffer fools.

I have prayed many many many times for God to soften my personality ( I feel my heart IS soft,I feel empath,sympathy,and compassion for others)

How should I pray for a personality change?

I am not a soft person and I apologise for this,I'm blunt,to the point and say what I mean. I realise some interpret this as harshness. I do not suffer fools.

I have prayed many many many times for God to soften my personality ( I feel my heart IS soft,I feel empath,sympathy,and compassion for others)

Hi Dev -

I am exactly the same, but I had to learn to soften my bluntness with love. Love and truth go together.

Colossans 4:6 "Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."

I often fail, and nowadays I tend to keep quiet when I should probably speak up. May God help us to find the balance and speak as He would.

Blessings.

Perhaps it's not your personality that needs to change. Jesus wasn't politically correct when addressing the Saducees and Pharisees. It may be that what you need is to change how you say things, like your tone of voice or maybe your body language. Let GODs' love and light shine through you so that others can see HIM in your words and actions. Pray that HE will make you the man HE wants you to be. IN HIS LOVE.

Hi Dev -

I am exactly the same, but I had to learn to soften my bluntness with love. Love and truth go together.

Colossans 4:6 "Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."

I often fail, and nowadays I tend to keep quiet when I should probably speak up. May God help us to find the balance and speak as He would.

Blessings.

Thank you my friend. Two peas in a pod,that's why we connect....lol

I think you've mastered it much better than I!

I do not think to soften towards ppl that WON'T hear.

Dave F.

Woman here and thank you. I'm one of THOSE ppl that are either loved or hated,I fear.

I love my Lord and want to emulate him in everything I say and do, maybe it is my tone bc I never ever want to hurt. I love ppl,genuinely love God's amazing creation.

I have ALWAYS thought that since God created ALL that as it says in Is. 45:5- 13.....v7. I form the light,and create darkness: I make peace,and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
That he created EVIL. I was told I'm wrong but no one can say where is the origin of EVIL?
That is my question
There are actually two scriptural verses that state the same Amos 3:6 and Isa. 45:7. let's take a look ...

To comprehend these two texts, two things must be borne in mind: (1) the proper significance of the word “evil,” and (2) the special covenant relationship of Israel with God.

First, the primary significance of the word “evil” is, according to Webster, “Anything that causes displeasure, injury, pain, or suffering” or “That which produces unhappiness; anything that directly or remotely causes suffering of any kind.” Its synonyms are injury, mischief, harm, and calamity, “Moral depravity or badness” is a secondary definition of the word “evil,” by the same authority.

This secondary meaning grows out of the first as a matter of course: all badness is evil, whether it implies moral perception and accountability or not. The decay or badness at the heart of an apple is evil, just as truly as the decay of morals at the heart of a man. The one is a physical evil implying no moral quality or responsibility; the other is a moral evil and does imply moral responsibility.

In Isa. 45:7 the word “evil” stands opposite to the word “peace” and so carries the thought of trouble, war or some similar evil opposed to peace. If moral badness were meant, the contrasting word might be “righteousness” or “goodness.” This is a rule of language.

Second, when we consider that these words of Jehovah relate specially to Israel. His typical and covenant people, we have a clear light thrown upon them. As God has a special interest in and care over all His Spiritual Israel, bound to Him by the ties of their covenant of consecration to Him, so He had a special care over Fleshly Israel as a nation, under the conditions of their Law Covenant.

A reference to the terms of the covenant between God and the nation of Israel will show this. The Lord’s declaration or promise to them was that if they as a nation would observe the laws, which He gave them, He would be their God, and their shield and defender from all evils, such as wars, pestilences, famines, etc., and would bless them with peace, prosperity and plenty. But if they would neglect God’s statues, and would become idolaters and promoters of evil like the nations about them, God declared, as a part of His covenant with them, that they would be afflicted with sicknesses, famines and pestilences, and be delivered into the hand of their enemies. See the particular description of the blessings promised and the evils threatened in Lev. 26:3-25; Deut. 11:13-28; 28:1-8, 15-23, 36-49.

Although God had so particularly warned Israel of what to expect, they seem to have the idea that their blessings and calamities were matters of chance and circumstance as with the godless nations about them; and in Amos 3:6 God points out to them that, according to His covenant with them, their calamities could not come without His knowledge and permission. This is clear also from the context (vs. 1, 2): “Hear this word that the Lord hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying, You only have I known [recognized, covenanted with] of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.”

This passage, then, does not teach that Jehovah is the great sinner, the inspirer of all wickedness, crime and sin in every city; it teaches the very reverse — that the evils mentioned were calamities which God would permit or bring upon Israel because of their iniquities.

The lesson of Isa. 45:7 is similar. God, having chastened Israel by their captivity in Babylon, points out that the circumstances leading to their return to their own land are no less remarkable, none the less of Him and by Him because accomplished through Cyrus, the heathen warrior. The spirit of war and the lust for power and gold which hold sway among men and nations are not inspired of God; but when the time for Israel’s deliverance came, God permitted the hosts of the Medes and Persians to come against Babylon and prospered the way of the more noble and benevolent Cyrus to the seat of power, at the proper time to permit him to decree the restoration of Israel to their own land at the end of the predicted 70 years’ desolation.

In this case, as in others, no room is found for charging the Almighty with sin, crime and wickedness. He in no degree interfered with the moral sense of Cyrus or of Israel, but, as always, merely took advantage of the aims and desires of carnal men and overruled their courses (not their motives) to the accomplishment of His plans to bless and help His people, whom He had previously, according to His covenant, permitted Babylon to conquer and take into captivity.

We assert on the basis of the foregoing additional evidence that God’s word conscientiously interpreted is a full vindication of the Divine character; that even the texts cited to sustain the blasphemy that God is responsible for absolutely “all things” — the evil as well as the good — clearly and emphatically contradict it; and we warn all to beware of theories — their own or other men’s — which make necessary a defamation of the Divine character for their support; that God is the instigator and author of all the crime, sin and wickedness of the world, in order to prove that He must by and by retract and work righteousness in all, and preserve all everlastingly, and that without a ransom. Let God be true though it make “every man a liar” (Rom. 3:4).

There are actually two scriptural verses that state the same Amos 3:6 and Isa. 45:7. let's take a look ...

To comprehend these two texts, two things must be borne in mind: (1) the proper significance of the word “evil,” and (2) the special covenant relationship of Israel with God.

First, the primary significance of the word “evil” is, according to Webster, “Anything that causes displeasure, injury, pain, or suffering” or “That which produces unhappiness; anything that directly or remotely causes suffering of any kind.” Its synonyms are injury, mischief, harm, and calamity, “Moral depravity or badness” is a secondary definition of the word “evil,” by the same authority.

This secondary meaning grows out of the first as a matter of course: all badness is evil, whether it implies moral perception and accountability or not. The decay or badness at the heart of an apple is evil, just as truly as the decay of morals at the heart of a man. The one is a physical evil implying no moral quality or responsibility; the other is a moral evil and does imply moral responsibility.

In Isa. 45:7 the word “evil” stands opposite to the word “peace” and so carries the thought of trouble, war or some similar evil opposed to peace. If moral badness were meant, the contrasting word might be “righteousness” or “goodness.” This is a rule of language.

Second, when we consider that these words of Jehovah relate specially to Israel. His typical and covenant people, we have a clear light thrown upon them. As God has a special interest in and care over all His Spiritual Israel, bound to Him by the ties of their covenant of consecration to Him, so He had a special care over Fleshly Israel as a nation, under the conditions of their Law Covenant.

A reference to the terms of the covenant between God and the nation of Israel will show this. The Lord’s declaration or promise to them was that if they as a nation would observe the laws, which He gave them, He would be their God, and their shield and defender from all evils, such as wars, pestilences, famines, etc., and would bless them with peace, prosperity and plenty. But if they would neglect God’s statues, and would become idolaters and promoters of evil like the nations about them, God declared, as a part of His covenant with them, that they would be afflicted with sicknesses, famines and pestilences, and be delivered into the hand of their enemies. See the particular description of the blessings promised and the evils threatened in Lev. 26:3-25; Deut. 11:13-28; 28:1-8, 15-23, 36-49.

Although God had so particularly warned Israel of what to expect, they seem to have the idea that their blessings and calamities were matters of chance and circumstance as with the godless nations about them; and in Amos 3:6 God points out to them that, according to His covenant with them, their calamities could not come without His knowledge and permission. This is clear also from the context (vs. 1, 2): “Hear this word that the Lord hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying, You only have I known [recognized, covenanted with] of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.”

This passage, then, does not teach that Jehovah is the great sinner, the inspirer of all wickedness, crime and sin in every city; it teaches the very reverse — that the evils mentioned were calamities which God would permit or bring upon Israel because of their iniquities.

The lesson of Isa. 45:7 is similar. God, having chastened Israel by their captivity in Babylon, points out that the circumstances leading to their return to their own land are no less remarkable, none the less of Him and by Him because accomplished through Cyrus, the heathen warrior. The spirit of war and the lust for power and gold which hold sway among men and nations are not inspired of God; but when the time for Israel’s deliverance came, God permitted the hosts of the Medes and Persians to come against Babylon and prospered the way of the more noble and benevolent Cyrus to the seat of power, at the proper time to permit him to decree the restoration of Israel to their own land at the end of the predicted 70 years’ desolation.

In this case, as in others, no room is found for charging the Almighty with sin, crime and wickedness. He in no degree interfered with the moral sense of Cyrus or of Israel, but, as always, merely took advantage of the aims and desires of carnal men and overruled their courses (not their motives) to the accomplishment of His plans to bless and help His people, whom He had previously, according to His covenant, permitted Babylon to conquer and take into captivity.

We assert on the basis of the foregoing additional evidence that God’s word conscientiously interpreted is a full vindication of the Divine character; that even the texts cited to sustain the blasphemy that God is responsible for absolutely “all things” — the evil as well as the good — clearly and emphatically contradict it; and we warn all to beware of theories — their own or other men’s — which make necessary a defamation of the Divine character for their support; that God is the instigator and author of all the crime, sin and wickedness of the world, in order to prove that He must by and by retract and work righteousness in all, and preserve all everlastingly, and that without a ransom. Let God be true though it make “every man a liar” (Rom. 3:4).

Thank you.
I get it now. Your expose' was awesome.
Evil caused by sin and rebellion against God causes him to just pull back his defenses and protection of those who sin and rebell. This allows whatever disaster or calaminity or war to happen.

Just a Jesus said the rain falls on the just and unjust!

Thank you for your thoughts.
Blessings.

Back