Pondering Questions,Looking For Feedback!

What opinions do ppl hold to Jesus' words " endure to the end" ?

Every Scripture must be considered in its proper "Context" or we will come away with our own opinions instead of what God wanted us to know.

This specific phrase you posted is best understood when read in context.
Matthew 24:9-14 says .......
Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”

Also, the book of Matthew was written to the Jews and the Mt. Olivet discourse was done to answer the question asked of Jesus in Matthew 24:3...........
"And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, "

From God’s viewpoint outside our timeframe, the “end times” began with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

In Acts 2:16-21(Please read it) Peter describes this event as “the last days.”

From that perspective, it makes sense that Jesus combined events in AD 70 with those yet to come. They are all “the last days.” He then warns that, as persecution increases, many who considered themselves His followers will reveal their true spiritual condition when they turn away from the faith.

We are already seeing this take place with the explosion in recent years of "sinless perfection through hyper grace" teaching and the "prosperity and name it and claim" false teachers. Millions are being deceived, with Bibles in their laps, because the words of the false prophets are ego-soothing, exciting, and more desirable than Scripture’s focus upon self-sacrifice and surrender.

This had already happened during His ministry (John 6:66) and would escalate until the end. True Christian faith would be tested by deception, because false prophets, and the increase of wickedness. Not only will there be some who turn away, but Jesus foretold that “the love of most will grow cold.”

The teaching then is that those who “stand firm to the end” will be the minority (Matt. 7:14).

The Holy Spirit, being God, is omnipresent (everywhere present). It's a huge assumption to say the Holy Spirit ceases working during the GT.
We see many saved during the GT...mainly Jews...

(Rev 7:1) After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree.
(Rev 7:2) Then I saw another angel ascending from the rising of the sun, with the seal of the living God, and he called with a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm earth and sea,
(Rev 7:3) saying, “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.”
(Rev 7:4) And I heard the number of the sealed, 144,000, sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:
(Rev 7:5) 12,000 from the tribe of Judah were sealed, 12,000 from the tribe of Reuben, 12,000 from the tribe of Gad,
(Rev 7:6) 12,000 from the tribe of Asher, 12,000 from the tribe of Naphtali, 12,000 from the tribe of Manasseh,
(Rev 7:7) 12,000 from the tribe of Simeon, 12,000 from the tribe of Levi, 12,000 from the tribe of Issachar,
(Rev 7:8) 12,000 from the tribe of Zebulun, 12,000 from the tribe of Joseph, 12,000 from the tribe of Benjamin were sealed.

No one is saved apart from the work of God's Spirit.
If "only those who endured to the end" were saved apart from God's Spirit then salvation is by works/self effort.

Yes sir. I do not believe that the Holy Spirit will be "indwelling" believers but He will operate as He did in the Old Test. days.

Yes sir. I do not believe that the Holy Spirit will be "indwelling" believers but He will operate as He did in the Old Test. days.
It has been my understanding that after the church is removed, the Holy Spirit will be free to resume something like His Old Testament ministry on Earth. He will still be convicting people of their sins and providing supernatural power and ability for their salvation and good works. He just won’t be sealed within believers as a guarantee of their redemption. Eternal Security is a blessing exclusive to the Church.

It has been my understanding that after the church is removed, the Holy Spirit will be free to resume something like His Old Testament ministry on Earth. He will still be convicting people of their sins and providing supernatural power and ability for their salvation and good works. He just won’t be sealed within believers as a guarantee of their redemption. Eternal Security is a blessing exclusive to the Church.
💡
Guaranteed redemption; another difference between OT &NT saints. I never thought of that but very possibly so. ...hence a 'better Covenant'!.

Last edited:
What, doesn't God like flowers?
One would think so…

Matthew 6:28-29 (KJV) And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Last edited:
One would think so…

Matthew 6:28-29 (KJV) And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Incense is just burnt flowers right?

My first question I believe happened before our creation.
There is only one God, who is the creator of all in heaven and earth ( Genesis account).
Since God created the Angels in heaven,we don't know how he created them. We have an account of man being created from the dust of the earth,and God breathed into him the breath of life and man became a living soul.

Is.14: 12-21
13.For you have said in your HEART: "I will ascend into heaven, I will EXHALT MY THRONE ABOVE the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the fartherest sides of the north;
14.I will ASCEND above the heights of the clouds,
I WILL BE LIKE THE MOST HIGH".

This is an account of Lucifer,( the serpent,the devil,the dragon,Satan, also, Is.34:4, Luke 10:18.
And he said to them," I saw SATAN FALL LIKE LIGHTENING FROM HEAVEN.Rev 12 :7-9 gives account of the war that was waged in heaven by Lucifer,( a most beautiful angel .... Ez.28:12 - 19 was sealed of perfection, full of wisdom and beauty, states he was in Eden,he was covered in precious stones ,his pipes [ singing voice ] was above all and where he was cast to the earth.
Ez.28:16 note he was told he SINNED,and was filled with VIOLENCE,his heart was LIFTED UP ( pride.)

The question is before man,we see that an Angel had free will to rebell against God. He SINNED with pride and arrogance,he became violent.

I have ALWAYS thought that since God created ALL that as it says in Is. 45:5- 13.....v7. I form the light,and create darkness: I make peace,and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
That he created EVIL. I was told I'm wrong but no one can say where is the origin of EVIL?
That is my question

Sorry for the length, please let us all share any questions and search the word for God's answer!
I would say God did not create evil. However. as an all loving God. He gave free will. The act of giving free will created the possibility of evil

Thank you all for every response.

I have very few questions from the word that trouble me. However there are many ppl who seem to look for obscurity,the unexplained, symbolic, literal, anything that is in the shadows to either promote themselves, or cause division.

Question.
How progressed is your,our walk, if we live in this mode, for it seems to be prevalent today?

I have very few questions from the word that trouble me. However there are many ppl who seem to look for obscurity,the unexplained, symbolic, literal, anything that is in the shadows to either promote themselves, or cause division.

Question.
How progressed is your,our walk, if we live in this mode, for it seems to be prevalent today?
I could be wrong. But I believe when people do that they are trying to get scripture to match their belief system, not the other way around.

God does use symbols to try to help explain a spiritual truth at times. But most of the time, we just need to take what he says literally. Unless it makes absolutely no sense at all. Then that is most likely the correct translation.

Sadly I had to learn this the hard way at times.

Question.

I would say to your question that many people are just seeking answers to their questions.

We, anyone can be saved, a child of God and still have buring questions about certain things. That sister is what makes us individuals. God gave all of us a brain and we should all use it to the glory of God.

Remember this.......We are all at different stages of growth and learning in our journey toward heaven. It is only when we get there that we will get the answers.

I could be wrong. But I believe when people do that they are trying to get scripture to match their belief system, not the other way around.

God does use symbols to try to help explain a spiritual truth at times. But most of the time, we just need to take what he says literally. Unless it makes absolutely no sense at all. Then that is most likely the correct translation.

Sadly I had to learn this the hard way at times.

Again you are correct and I agree. God said what He wanted to say LITERALLY!

I tend to be a very literal person anyway.
Except when I'm being symbolic

I note that children tend to think literally even when at the same time they are being symbolic.
For example, they can easily pretend that a picture of a cloud IS a cloud. But they can also see shapes in a real cloud.

The only thing thats sometimes hard to figure out in the Bible is stuff it doesn't tell us. Like, I don't know, the childhood years of Jesus are a bit of a blank, and then from 12 -30 we don't know much of what he was doing. Also, what were the names of ALL his brothers and sisters. What about his grandparents. Did he know them well? But I suppose thats just boring everyday stuff we don't really need to know.

I tend to be a very literal person anyway.
Except when I'm being symbolic

I note that children tend to think literally even when at the same time they are being symbolic.
For example, they can easily pretend that a picture of a cloud IS a cloud. But they can also see shapes in a real cloud.

The only thing thats sometimes hard to figure out in the Bible is stuff it doesn't tell us. Like, I don't know, the childhood years of Jesus are a bit of a blank, and then from 12 -30 we don't know much of what he was doing. Also, what were the names of ALL his brothers and sisters. What about his grandparents. Did he know them well? But I suppose thats just boring everyday stuff we don't really need to know.
we can always rest well knowing God told us everything we need to know. The rest we will spend an eternity learning. Thats the way I look at it anyway

What do you think, feel or can give scripture on as having the assurance of God of YOUR salvation. Salvation only not our walk please. SOME seek but cannot determine the status of where they are in Him.

Back