Sin and the Internet

I get it. These types of issues are upsetting, but they are part of who we are. I am not really sure 2 Corinthians is applicable here, but not sure. Winning is not always defined by size but more about resolve. Look at the Revolutionary War. On paper we should still be drinking tea and eating crumpets, but we drink Coca Cola and eat hotdogs. In 1778, the Royal Army had almost three times more troops than George Washington, yet we know how that one ended.

Hey brother;

I support your decision and right to own a weapon, seriously, but I am not moved by politics whether to bear arms or ban weapons, and the bad guys who do carry weapons and all that.

These types of issues are deeply convoluted and it is upsetting. Just when we feel there may be a light and resolve, some negative objective pops up in our society regarding the conversation on guns with no arriving solution. We only pass what will work at the moment.

On a personal note, I support the 2nd Amendment, A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

However, it is my right not to bear arms on my person or in my home. In my home, God is my Arm and through my 67 years of life I have never owned a gun, or been invaded in public or in our home. For that I thank God but should this happen, the Lord will lead me what to do at that time to protect my wife and myself.

Long live the 2nd Amendment and bear arms as you will. I choose to be an optimist for Christ's protection.

My Dad and two brothers were marksmen in the military. They weren't the best marksmen but they scored high in shooting. Good for them.

Hey brother;

I support your decision and right to own a weapon, seriously, but I am not moved by politics whether to bear arms or ban weapons, and the bad guys who do carry weapons and all that.

These types of issues are deeply convoluted and it is upsetting. Just when we feel there may be a light and resolve, some negative objective pops up in our society regarding the conversation on guns with no arriving solution. We only pass what will work at the moment.

On a personal note, I support the 2nd Amendment, A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

However, it is my right not to bear arms on my person or in my home. In my home, God is my Arm and through my 67 years of life I have never owned a gun, or been invaded in public or in our home. For that I thank God but should this happen, the Lord will lead me what to do at that time to protect my wife and myself.

Long live the 2nd Amendment and bear arms as you will. I choose to be an optimist for Christ's protection.

My Dad and two brothers were marksmen in the military. They weren't the best marksmen but they scored high in shooting. Good for them.
Hey Bob,

Granted, I have a large number of gun and enough ammunition (close to 10,000 round) to supply a small army. The truth is, however, I do not own these weapons for the "security of a free state." We have a well-regulated militia. These are otherwise known as "citizen soldiers" and we have a National Guard. I have a large supply of ammo, mostly because buying ammo in bulk cost less (you can get 1,000 rounds of quality 9mm ammo for less than $300). Now, while I have no intention to ever go against the US military (they have bigger toys), I do own a weapon for the sake of protecting myself and those around me.

Ok, also, true gun control is the control of ammunition. Without ammo, a gun is just an expensive paperweight. A couple of years ago, there was a serious shortage of ammo, and you were limited to 1 or 2 boxes (50 to 100) at a time. I am picking up a new gun tomorrow and will probably run about 300 rounds through it.

A news article like below is not all that uncommon:

"A Las Vegas woman was raped by two men at gunpoint this week while her husband, who was tied up by the assailants, was forced to watch, Metro Police said."

As far as I am concerned, I will pray, but it will be simultaneous with me acquiring a good sight picture and exercising appropriate hand/sight coordination.

Psalm 144:1-2: 1 Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. 2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.

Anyway, I am not a Constitutional scholar, but I have never been 100% sure that my right to "bear Arms" is all about the Second Amendment. I think there might be a valid argument that my right to bear arms can come from the ninth amendment: “The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.” In other words, since the US Constitution does not say I cannot own a gun, then I have the right to own a gun.

Rtm

Hey Bob,

Granted, I have a large number of gun and enough ammunition (close to 10,000 round) to supply a small army. The truth is, however, I do not own these weapons for the "security of a free state." We have a well-regulated militia. These are otherwise known as "citizen soldiers" and we have a National Guard. I have a large supply of ammo, mostly because buying ammo in bulk cost less (you can get 1,000 rounds of quality 9mm ammo for less than $300). Now, while I have no intention to ever go against the US military (they have bigger toys), I do own a weapon for the sake of protecting myself and those around me.

Ok, also, true gun control is the control of ammunition. Without ammo, a gun is just an expensive paperweight. A couple of years ago, there was a serious shortage of ammo, and you were limited to 1 or 2 boxes (50 to 100) at a time. I am picking up a new gun tomorrow and will probably run about 300 rounds through it.

A news article like below is not all that uncommon:

"A Las Vegas woman was raped by two men at gunpoint this week while her husband, who was tied up by the assailants, was forced to watch, Metro Police said."

As far as I am concerned, I will pray, but it will be simultaneous with me acquiring a good sight picture and exercising appropriate hand/sight coordination.

Psalm 144:1-2: 1 Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. 2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.

Anyway, I am not a Constitutional scholar, but I have never been 100% sure that my right to "bear Arms" is all about the Second Amendment. I think there might be a valid argument that my right to bear arms can come from the ninth amendment: “The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.” In other words, since the US Constitution does not say I cannot own a gun, then I have the right to own a gun.

Rtm

That's good, rtm3039.

The beautiful thing is whether the 2nd Amendment or whatever law, we both have the freedom to stand, define our position and exercise our right to decide.
For that I'm grateful.

God bless you, brother.

That's good, rtm3039.

The beautiful thing is whether the 2nd Amendment or whatever law, we both have the freedom to stand, define our position and exercise our right to decide.
For that I'm grateful.

God bless you, brother.
Yes, this true. Well, in this case, more you than me.

I have to deal with places I cannot carry. Even with a license to carry in all 50 states, if I show up in California with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, I can get in trouble. I also have to qualify once a year to keep my federal license active.

investigator for a school ekk i was in school teacher and principal did it usually swats
Not sure what a "swats" is, but it does not read like fun.

Yes, my office investigates non-criminal violations of school board policies. Well, we do work some cases that are criminal, but lack prosecutorial merit and are worked under the violation of policy umbrella. We are the 3rd largest school district in the country, so we have around 33,000 employees, with around 18,000 being teachers. We run around 300 plus investigations a year, but I personally only work allegations against school administrators or allegations that receive media attention.

I don't live in US so...your constitution is not relevant to me. If your children want to bear arms and they find them in the unlocked cupboard and start shooting other human beings I can't say am surprised.

In nz there are the odd human shootings too, but we have better laws protecting us from them rather than saying we have rights to them, and its just not common. We've never really had to defend ourselves, we have God defending our free land. Mostly with an ocean.

With nz govt, if we don't like them can just vote them out with next election, we not really have an army to fight them. The governor general oversees parliament and they sort of report the monarch or Head of commonwealth, but there's not really been huge rebellions like in the US where it used to be two countries (confederacy and union?). We have Maori seats in parliament and a treaty. Which both sides are bound to honor. It doesn't always happen. If you have Maori ancestry you can vote for Maori seats. I'm not too sure how exactly that works but there is meant to be 4 so they always have a say in govt and no reason to bear arms (after NZ already had a stupid arms race in the nz wars).

Not sure what a "swats" is, but it does not read like fun.

Yes, my office investigates non-criminal violations of school board policies. Well, we do work some cases that are criminal, but lack prosecutorial merit and are worked under the violation of policy umbrella. We are the 3rd largest school district in the country, so we have around 33,000 employees, with around 18,000 being teachers. We run around 300 plus investigations a year, but I personally only work allegations against school administrators or allegations that receive media attention.
sounds interesting school has changed since i got out in 1980 . its sad when you have to keep security at a school

I don't live in US so...your constitution is not relevant to me. If your children want to bear arms and they find them in the unlocked cupboard and start shooting other human beings I can't say am surprised.

In nz there are the odd human shootings too, but we have better laws protecting us from them rather than saying we have rights to them, and its just not common. We've never really had to defend ourselves, we have God defending our free land. Mostly with an ocean.
Yes, NZ is currently considered the second safest country in the world, right below Iceland. Your crime ratio is around 2.60 per 100k population. Part of that is because you all are a small country, with just a little over 5 million. You all are about the size of California, but California has a population of over 39 million.

This is probably a good place to note that in March 2019, NZ had second largest mass shooting (51) in modern history. As for the ocean thing, did not do much to help Hawaii in 1941.

I can't explain the US' love of guns. Guns do have a long history with this country, starting with the country's independence. It must have been important enough to dedicate an entire amendment in its constitution.

It is, however, well placed: Freedom of religion, speech, and holding the government accountable on one end and protecting your home against government overreach on the other. In the middle, well, the right to bear arms to prevent an egregious violation of that which comes before and after.

I can't explain the US' love of guns. Guns do have a long history with this country, starting with the country's independence. It must have been important enough to dedicate an entire amendment in its constitution. It is, however, well placed: Freedom of religion, speech, and holding the government accountable on one end and protecting your home against government overreach on the other. In the middle, well, the right to bear arms to prevent an egregious violation of that which comes before and after.

England has restricted laws regarding bearing arms. If I can remember correctly, a large majority of England's "bobbies" (police officers) are not armed with guns while on patrol. As a result there has been a lower percentage of suspects and police killed compared to the US.

On a lighter note I cannot explain the US love of guns. Growing up as a 5 - 9 year old, toy cowboy guns and rifles were very popular. We would play cowboy and Indians. When I got chosen to be an Indian I didn't like it. I had to use a bow and arrow with rubber safety tips while getting shot by a cowboy using a toy tommy machine gun. lol!

personally i support %100 the right to bear arms .. i do not agree with federal law felon in possessione of a firearm.. i do support a law felon in possessione of a firearm in the commission of a crime. i do not support more gun laws we just need to convict with the crimes on the book. some mental issues its best not sell a firearm to. majority of gun crimes the gun is not even owned by the person using the gun..

owning a gun is a responsibility that should not be taken lightly. firearms do not bother me.. but the person carrying the pistol strapped to there side like john wayne does . i support concealed carry once again every thing has draw backs. we own a car and get reckless kill someone . i have a cousin that was stabbed to death by her grandson. .

do we need the automatic guns that fire like a machine gun? certainly not for hunting . in most cases the most you will get is 2 shots .

our law makers lack common sense. i have a facebook friend in the U.K older lady . that does not want to come to the u.s,a due to guns

just my 2 cents Btw i am not a gun owner due to something over 25 years ago

personally i support %100 the right to bear arms .. i do not agree with federal law felon in possessione of a firearm.. i do support a law felon in possessione of a firearm in the commission of a crime. i do not support more gun laws we just need to convict with the crimes on the book. some mental issues its best not sell a firearm to. majority of gun crimes the gun is not even owned by the person using the gun..

owning a gun is a responsibility that should not be taken lightly. firearms do not bother me.. but the person carrying the pistol strapped to there side like john wayne does . i support concealed carry once again every thing has draw backs. we own a car and get reckless kill someone . i have a cousin that was stabbed to death by her grandson. .

do we need the automatic guns that fire like a machine gun? certainly not for hunting . in most cases the most you will get is 2 shots .

our law makers lack common sense. i have a facebook friend in the U.K older lady . that does not want to come to the u.s,a due to guns

just my 2 cents Btw i am not a gun owner due to something over 25 years ago
I too do not like the idea of open carry. People should not carry a weapon just for the same of carrying a weapon.

It would be my hope that I would never have a need to pull my weapon out. I am now a private citizen, so my actions would only be in self-defense of myself or others.

Tell your UK friend to stop watching TV. We are not the wild west, in most places. We are about to end our winter recess on Monday. So, we have been out of work for a little over two weeks and I have been home almost all the time. In the last two weeks, no one in my neighborhood has taken a shot at me, or even made the threat to do so. Our "neighborhood watch" app has not reported any police activity; however, someone did have their dog stolen from their front yard. Just have your friend avoid areas that target tourists. here have been no murders, burglaries, home invasions, robberies, or physical assaults.

The general public does not have an "automatic gun that fire like a machine gun." Even when someone fires a machine gun, you are trained to fire in burst of three mode and not in full auto - which is mostly a waste of ammo.

The decision to carry a weapon is based on probability of having to need it. It is like insurance. We pay monthly for car and home insurance; however, no one will have an issue is the insurance is never needed.

England has restricted laws regarding bearing arms. If I can remember correctly, a large majority of England's "bobbies" (police officers) are not armed with guns while on patrol. As a result there has been a lower percentage of suspects and police killed compared to the US.

On a lighter note I cannot explain the US love of guns. Growing up as a 5 - 9 year old, toy cowboy guns and rifles were very popular. We would play cowboy and Indians. When I got chosen to be an Indian I didn't like it. I had to use a bow and arrow with rubber safety tips while getting shot by a cowboy using a toy tommy machine gun. lol!
Yes, "the police department, known as the Met, has more than 34,000 officers, about 2,500 of whom are licensed to carry firearms." A couple of months ago, when one of their armed cops shot an unarmed black male and was charged with murder, about 300 of their armed cops refused to continue to carry a weapon.

To me, this is insane. We already have 100s of cops killed on duty. Can you imagine how high that count would be is they were not allowed to be armed? The count was 224 last year and 623 the year prior.

I too do not like the idea of open carry. People should not carry a weapon just for the same of carrying a weapon.

It would be my hope that I would never have a need to pull my weapon out. I am now a private citizen, so my actions would only be in self-defense of myself or others.

Tell your UK friend to stop watching TV. We are not the wild west, in most places. We are about to end our winter recess on Monday. So, we have been out of work for a little over two weeks and I have been home almost all the time. In the last two weeks, no one in my neighborhood has taken a shot at me, or even made the threat to do so. Our "neighborhood watch" app has not reported any police activity; however, someone did have their dog stolen from their front yard. Just have your friend avoid areas that target tourists. here have been no murders, burglaries, home invasions, robberies, or physical assaults.

The general public does not have an "automatic gun that fire like a machine gun." Even when someone fires a machine gun, you are trained to fire in burst of three mode and not in full auto - which is mostly a waste of ammo.

The decision to carry a weapon is based on probability of having to need it. It is like insurance. We pay monthly for car and home insurance; however, no one will have an issue is the insurance is never needed.
you know for the most i agree please note i am not a forearm expert . it does bother me to see someone having a gun strapped on there side .. how do i know but what they might freak out start firing at random . i use to know a guy who would put on his pistol and go to town.. he was a crank/ meth head that stayed buzzed up . yet he had no felony record . this is why i disagree with fed law mandatory ten years just being a felon with a gun. it has done nothing but filled the federal prison system up . yes most all charged got busted with drugs or some other crime and had a gun with them. but there has been those who simply had a weapon never committed a crime busted.

my personal opinion of the federal court is over rated especially the white collar crimes politicians putting each other away . political power play . yes i been to fed court seen how it works . just about as bad as state court . i seen a premeditated murder or 1st degree reduced to 2nd degree given 10 years over a statement frank was always scared of them boys ! the man got up from a checker game went to the bed room got a automatic 22 shot a man 8 times . yes the victim and his bro paid a visit .because the shooter had hit their mom.

sorry for the vent i sent you P.M

you know for the most i agree please note i am not a forearm expert . it does bother me to see someone having a gun strapped on there side .. how do i know but what they might freak out start firing at random . i use to know a guy who would put on his pistol and go to town.. he was a crank/ meth head that stayed buzzed up . yet he had no felony record . this is why i disagree with fed law mandatory ten years just being a felon with a gun. it has done nothing but filled the federal prison system up . yes most all charged got busted with drugs or some other crime and had a gun with them. but there has been those who simply had a weapon never committed a crime busted.

my personal opinion of the federal court is over rated especially the white collar crimes politicians putting each other away . political power play . yes i been to fed court seen how it works . just about as bad as state court . i seen a premeditated murder or 1st degree reduced to 2nd degree given 10 years over a statement frank was always scared of them boys ! the man got up from a checker game went to the bed room got a automatic 22 shot a man 8 times . yes the victim and his bro paid a visit .because the shooter had hit their mom.

sorry for the vent i sent you P.M
Yes, I saw the PM. Neet to think about this for a bit before I reply.

rtm

Back