sound doctrine

Hmm, yes, true. I mean...one Holy Bible in english translation for many hundreds of years, trusted and believed and acted upon...Gods Word doesnt change, and then suddenly in the last century hundreds of differing translations in english alone?

Open up your horizons. In the last century the Lord has been busy working to make the world's population know Him. Billions do not speak English. To the English-speaking world, His word is made more accessible, and understandable.

I counted twelve in the word for today, feb, march april edition this daily devotional compiled by bob and debby gass some churches put out for donation. No its not free.

They are as follows- AMP, CEV, ESV,GNT,GWT,NAS,NCV,NIV,NKJV,NLT,PHPS,TLB.

Notice, no KJV!

I counted twelve in the word for today, feb, march april edition this daily devotional compiled by bob and debby gass some churches put out for donation. No its not free.

They are as follows- AMP, CEV, ESV,GNT,GWT,NAS,NCV,NIV,NKJV,NLT,PHPS,TLB.

Notice, no KJV!

Twelve bible versions that say what?

Dont get me started on 'message bible'. Or, as i call it 'massage bible' cos it massages scripture into some hokey new age american slang y'all.

Dont get me started on 'message bible'. Or, as i call it 'massage bible' cos it massages scripture into some hokey new age american slang y'all.

Sorry, but The Message is a paraphrase, and not a translation. There is nothing "new agey" about it!

I enjoy it.

I think you waste so much time and energy being negative, and I think, fearful. Trust God that He will never lead you astray.

Hmm, yes, true. I mean...one Holy Bible in english translation for many hundreds of years, trusted and believed and acted upon...Gods Word doesnt change, and then suddenly in the last century hundreds of differing translations in english alone?
That's because every two bit heretic with an agenda wants to put their own twist on scripture.
I've seen some pretty outrageous ones over the years.

I dont speak lolcat. And im pretty sure my cat doesnt speak it either.
If a cat translated the Bible, wouldnt it sound more like meow meow meow?

The kiwi bible has Jesus wearing jandals and rustling sheep and barbecuing fish with his twelve mates. And mary is like this barefoot and pregnant sheila...

Well, I do get teased if read the KJV sometimes. Good News for 16th century man.
But generally, everyone understands thats the Bible. Even non believers know thats the version you cant mess with.

NIV reads like a novel. Jesus pulp fiction. I could not understand why some churches insist on it, when it omits so much and adds footnotes like ps. That part isnt true. Other manuscripts say this.

Well, I do get teased if read the KJV sometimes. Good News for 16th century man.
But generally, everyone understands thats the Bible. Even non believers know thats the version you cant mess with.

NIV reads like a novel. Jesus pulp fiction. I could not understand why some churches insist on it, when it omits so much and adds footnotes like ps. That part isnt true. Other manuscripts say this.

This is a tiresome point of view that does no one any good.

Did you ever stop and think that not all people grasp things in the same way and God being all knowing simply gives people versions they can understand ? I mean half the time I do not understand what you are talking about but it does not make you any less genuine now does it? Be blessed and joyful my sister.

I think you have a sense of humor some here don't get. I think it's funny. So does my wife. KJV= Good News for 16th century man......now thats funny. I had a Good News for Modern Man bible when I was a kid.....several decades ago.

Back