Star of David?

You don't have to agree with "my thinking", but you do need to agree with God's word. My experience and millions of others attests to the scriptural record of a separate experience of he baptism of the Holy Spirit. Yes, we need to submit to it. countless Christians never do, and they can live good lives in Him without it, but not lives that exhibit His overabundance of anointing and power.

That was my point. I do agree with the Bible but not your opinion of what it says.

The apostle Paul clearly taught that we receive the Holy Spirit the moment we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior.
1st Corinthians 12:13 declares......
“For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.”

Romans 8:9 tells us that if a person does not possess the Holy Spirit, he or she does not belong to Christ: .......
“You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.”

Ephesians 1:13-14 teaches us that the Holy Spirit is the seal of salvation for all those who believe:............
“Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.”

These three passages make it clear that the Holy Spirit is received at the moment of salvation and at some time later by a special invitation or agreement. That is what the Scriptures say and they are what I believe.

If you and the millions of others want to believe differently then that is OK with me.

Scripture is clear when it says that we receive the Holy Spirit by simply receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior as seen in John 3:5-16. So, when do we receive the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit becomes our permanent possession the moment we believe.

Last edited:
No, sorry, Kingdom of Zion.

I remember the park up from where I lived was called Lion safari park. I also remember..I was very young...a little train going through it and cages that the lions were in. And ppl chuckingthem fresh meat.

Major and others can you continue that discussion in another thread please? Ive already asked you guys a few times.

That was my point. I do agree with the Bible but not your opinion of what it says.

The apostle Paul clearly taught that we receive the Holy Spirit the moment we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior.
1st Corinthians 12:13 declares......
“For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.”

Romans 8:9 tells us that if a person does not possess the Holy Spirit, he or she does not belong to Christ: .......
“You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.”

Ephesians 1:13-14 teaches us that the Holy Spirit is the seal of salvation for all those who believe:............
“Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.”

These three passages make it clear that the Holy Spirit is received at the moment of salvation and at some time later by a special invitation or agreement. That is what the Scriptures say and they are what I believe.

Holy Spirit comes to dwell in every believer at the moment of faith in Jesus Christ. No one disputes that, but that is not His baptism. Paul doesn't contradict the baptism of the Holy Spirit. He walked in it and taught about the gifts that emanate from it.

And...yes, God needs us to submit to what He desires to do in our lives. Without our cooperation, He is more or less held at arm's length and His hands are tied. God doesn't override your will. When one desires all of Him, He obliges. When one only wants some of Him, that is all he will get.

Last edited:
The middle ages and elizabethans (i studied this at school) had a belief called the great chain of being. God was at the top and gave power to Kings, they called this the divine right of Kings.
Lions were the top of the animal kingdom.
I think the oak was the top of the plants.

Well, he's off on some tangent about the holy spirit now...he can talk about that somewhere else.
Please stick to general topic of thread cos I dont want to get caught up in that argument it sounds like.

Just wondered exactly what this is and if its in the Bible. Its on the Israeli flag and to me it looks like an occult symbol, similar to a swastika. Because its a hexagram, and I know that hexes are used by witches to place curses on people. Pentagrams are also occult.

I dont know, just whenever I see it I get a freaky vibe.
I thought the real symbol is Israel was either a lion or the menorah.
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/star.html

yep thats a good site and also says 'i have never seen any explanation of why this symbol was chosen' so..there's an air of mystery surrounding it, which makes me think of occult.
Hexagrams, pentacles...occult.

Um ok.
But then they say things about those weird trinity and pyramid symbols as well.
We all know the pyramids are babylonish culture and occult.

What do the non-messianics say?

Um... I don't know. Just because a group hijacks something doesn't make it evil. "Gay" used to mean "happy and joyous". The "cross" started in the Hebrew alphabet and was on the shield of the temple, now it means "Christianity". A drawn fish used to be a fish. Context is king.

But its used as a symbol.
We not meant to use symbols in an occult way. They are satanic.
Jesus name is to be glorified, it is the only name by which anyone is saved. We are not saved by a cross symbol.

Eg hindus use a bindi as a symbol they are hindus. They put it on their forehead. The jewish people in the holocaust were marked for death with this hexagram symbol. People get cross tattooed on them, but they not saved by doing that.

A symbol is what you make it to be. There are symbols for everything, even the very letters we use to communicate. Don't make everything evil just because some nut job claims it as their own. The symbol for doctors is right out of the word of God and is used by the occult, so am I to avoid every doctor or pharmacy that displays it? I mean, come on, really, Titus 1:15.

Back