THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favourite verses in Ephesians -

Ephesians Ch 2:10 For we are God's handiwork (His workmanship),
recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those
good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us
that we should walk in them.

Amen! Thanks so much for sharing! I am going to the store tomorow to get 3x5 cards to start putting these down and having right with me
to carry around!

Faithwoman

Freedom

When seeking onliine today in regards to a most recent situation with my daughter, I listened to an awesome message to young women from Lisa Bevere.. she spoke of how at the age of 15 as walking in the house her father made a comment of how big her butt was.. she went and looked in the mirror, she kept looking.. she then headed down the road to an eating disorder until the age of 22 when she found Christ. She spoke of the freedom that we have in Christ Jesus. She referred to Galations 5: 1

Galatians 5

Freedom in Christ

1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. 5But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope. 6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value.
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

7You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? 8That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. 9"A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough." 10I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion will pay the penalty, whoever he may be. 11Brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished.

12As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!
13You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature[a]; rather, serve one another in love. 14The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."[b] 15If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Life by the Spirit

16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

For me this scripture reasonated with me in so many areas. I stand firm tonight on God's word. As I am walking more with him, and I pick up the bible as I did while waiting in the car line at the drive in bank today, it spoke so much more clear to me.
Praises to the Lord!

Bondman,
I am praying for you and the Mrs.. that miracle will happen

Faithwoman:)

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #121

BUGGING GOD

Cute!! Thanks, Fluf! And Robin, thanks for the above also! I originally got God to answer my years of prayers for our healing and ministry funds by BUGGING GOD like crazy! Y'see what happened was that I read about the Widow and the unjust judge:

Luke Ch 18:1 Also [Jesus] told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to turn coward (faint, lose heart, and give up).

2 He said, In a certain city there was a judge who neither reverenced and feared God nor respected or considered man.

3 And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, Protect and defend and give me justice against my adversary.

4 And for a time he would not; but later he said to himself, Though I have neither reverence or fear for God nor respect or consideration for man,

5 Yet because this widow continues to bother me, I will defend and protect and avenge her, lest she give me intolerable annoyance and wear me out by her continual coming or at the last she come and rail on me or assault me or strangle me.

6 Then the Lord said, Listen to what the unjust judge says!

7 And will not [our just] God defend and protect and avenge His elect (His chosen ones), who cry to Him day and night? Will He defer them and delay help on their behalf?

8 I tell you, He will defend and protect and avenge them speedily. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find persistence in faith on the earth?

I decided that I would drive God crazy by making my requests to Him right throughout every day! And so I DID!! And according to verse 5 above where the widow WORE THE JUDGE OUT, I apparently wore God out, because to my surprise, it was only about 2 weeks later that He said to me, "I have answered your prayer [for both things]. Don't pray any more, just give Me thanksgiving." WOW!

Okay, He told me NOT to pray any more cos He'd said already answered. Man, that's been SO hard as I've waited many more years for what He promised! I've realised, however, that without in any way disobeying Him, I CAN pray for Him to HASTEN the fulfilment of what He's already promised! (I still give Him daily thanksgiving as He commanded). I'm asking Him for healing and our money SPEEDILY. And He's copping a barrage of prayer right through every day!! (Please feel free to join in. Whenever you think of it, just say to God, "Please send healing and their money speedily!")

Notice the two prayer REQUIREMENTS in v. 8: PERSISTENCE and FAITH!! i.e., trust Him to hear and answer prayer, and pray "buggingly"!! *hee!*

Do I expect to be healed two weeks from now? I've no idea. May be tomorrow. WHEN He answers is entirely up to Him. All I need to do is my part - then I trust His heart for His part.

- BM, with his Love
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

YOU CAN ENJOY THE LORD!

hspace1.gif

rejoice-1.jpg

Thanks Fluffy; I love sunflowers...the sunflowers remind us of who we are as Christians...we are all like sunflowers when we turn to the Lord. His Glory shine upons us. He is our source of Life and strength. He strengthens us as we stand in His presence and declare His Glory to the world. We also feed others with the seeds that He has made for us; we are to glorify Him in worship, in life and in ministry.
Hello everyone...Isn't God's word awesome???!!! Just when we think we know it and have heard it so many times; maybe even quoted it and then when we have a situation where we are seeking Him and His Will, He reveals a new level of understanding out of the same word that we have "heard" before but did not get to this deeper level.

Luke 18:4-5 (AMP)
4And for a time he would not; but later he said to himself, Though I have neither reverence or fear for God nor respect or consideration for man,
5Yet because this widow continues to bother me, I will defend and protect and avenge her, lest she give me intolerable annoyance and wear me out by her continual coming or at the last she come and rail on me or assault me or strangle me.:eek::D

Bondman: I don't think the Lord God is worried about what this judge said per the Amplified Version; I just wanted to share the AMP with you on this verse...thank you for your testimony of going to God in
Perpetual Pestering Prayer
(in the Holy Spirit I assume :D) for your ministry needs.
Hallelujah!!!
Thank you Lord, Jehovah Jireh, for providing for Your work through my brother and sister!!!!

I also am going into the PPP (see above;)) for ministry that He has called me into and I have been doing on a minor level; He has called me to "do greater" works and is requiring me to do all I can before providing any other assistance. (this is hard for me for I feel SO limited...I play the harp a little, can pick on the keyboard and play the tambourine and sing, worship and praise Him of course.)

Please help me pray that I will not let up in my PPP and just "do it by faith" whatever He requires of me. (Persistance and Faith!)
I know where He leads, He provides... Hallelujah!!!! Thanks BRO!!!

Away for a few days and Issue with my daughter.

HI all,
Just a quick note to let you all know I will be gone until Thursday.
I am flying to Boston on Sunday morning for work. It is 11:30 pm I am not packed. I have to get up at 3 am to get ready to go to the Airport.

It has been a few rough days with my daughter most recently. Please keep us in prayers.

Short version, I found things on her cell phone very inappropriate.. I called the "boy" who is 20 and left a message that it was her mother calling and that I had found evidence of a very unhealthy relationship with my daughter and she was 15 and not legal.. and he was 20 and legal. I stated if it did not stop I would take it to the next level. It did not even take 5 minutes before my daughter called me... (she lives with her dad).. he had texted her. I also found by looking at the detail of her text messaging on my online bill, she has been staying up all hours of the night texting.
I told her tonite that if text messaging did not stop by 11Pm I was shutting that off.. I called the phone company Thursday and stopped pics from coming in and going out. I found some very scary stuff on my space in regards to the kids and stuff that is going on..

It is a dark dark world we live in.. please keep her in prayers and myself as well. I am not going to be a Peter and keep looking down at the storms , I am going to keep looking up.

thanks!
Faithwoman

rejoice-1.jpg

Thanks Fluffy; I love sunflowers...the sunflowers remind us of who we are as Christians...we are all like sunflowers when we turn to the Lord. His Glory shine upons us. He is our source of Life and strength. He strengthens us as we stand in His presence and declare His Glory to the world. We also feed others with the seeds that He has made for us; we are to glorify Him in worship, in life and in ministry.

Hello everyone...Isn't God's word awesome???!!! Just when we think we know it and have heard it so many times; maybe even quoted it and then when we have a situation where we are seeking Him and His Will, He reveals a new level of understanding out of the same word that we have "heard" before but did not get to this deeper level.

Luke 18:4-5 (AMP)
4And for a time he would not; but later he said to himself, Though I have neither reverence or fear for God nor respect or consideration for man,
5Yet because this widow continues to bother me, I will defend and protect and avenge her, lest she give me intolerable annoyance and wear me out by her continual coming or at the last she come and rail on me or assault me or strangle me.:eek::D

Bondman: I don't think the Lord God is worried about what this judge said per the Amplified Version; I just wanted to share the AMP with you on this verse...thank you for your testimony of going to God in
Perpetual Pestering Prayer
(in the Holy Spirit I assume :D) for your ministry needs.
Hallelujah!!!
Thank you Lord, Jehovah Jireh, for providing for Your work through my brother and sister!!!!

I also am going into the PPP (see above;)) for ministry that He has called me into and I have been doing on a minor level; He has called me to "do greater" works and is requiring me to do all I can before providing any other assistance. (this is hard for me for I feel SO limited...I play the harp a little, can pick on the keyboard and play the tambourine and sing, worship and praise Him of course.)

Please help me pray that I will not let up in my PPP and just "do it by faith" whatever He requires of me. (Persistance and Faith!)
I know where He leads, He provides... Hallelujah!!!! Thanks BRO!!!

Bless you worshipper! Yes, seems to me that prayer NEEDS to be in the Spirit! - whether 'buggingly', or PPP, or whatever!!

I also have been amazed so many times in my life at suddenly "seeing" what was really there in a Scripture verse or passage that I'd already read many times. Often it made me feel silly at best, and blind and dumb at worst! - but I realise that it is the Spirit of the Living God who REVEALS to us what His Word says (when I'm ready for it OR seriously seeking it), and that without He does this, then we can "GET" NOTHING!! I call Him my Revelator, and He surely is!

May He guide you and uphold you as you pray to go further in Him and in ministry!! Love in Jesus,

- BM

HI all,
Just a quick note to let you all know I will be gone until Thursday.
I am flying to Boston on Sunday morning for work. It is 11:30 pm I am not packed. I have to get up at 3 am to get ready to go to the Airport.

It has been a few rough days with my daughter most recently. Please keep us in prayers.

Short version, I found things on her cell phone very inappropriate.. I called the "boy" who is 20 and left a message that it was her mother calling and that I had found evidence of a very unhealthy relationship with my daughter and she was 15 and not legal.. and he was 20 and legal. I stated if it did not stop I would take it to the next level. It did not even take 5 minutes before my daughter called me... (she lives with her dad).. he had texted her. I also found by looking at the detail of her text messaging on my online bill, she has been staying up all hours of the night texting.
I told her tonite that if text messaging did not stop by 11Pm I was shutting that off.. I called the phone company Thursday and stopped pics from coming in and going out. I found some very scary stuff on my space in regards to the kids and stuff that is going on..

It is a dark dark world we live in.. please keep her in prayers and myself as well. I am not going to be a Peter and keep looking down at the storms , I am going to keep looking up.

thanks!
Faithwoman

This world indeed is DARK, and seemingly getting moreso! You've taken great steps concerning this situation, so we continue to pray for you and your daughter for good to come out of this in the end.

MySpace is not the only bad place on the Net by any manner of means, but indeed is a bad place for kids. PRAYING!

Much love,

- BM

Should husbands and wives pray together?

Faithwoman :pray: keeping you in my prayers. May your daughter sense your great love and concern for her and see that what a mom has to do at times; though hard, is best. God does the same with us and He loves us very much also. Have a safe and good trip...
Bondman;
Here is something for discussion speaking of prayer (especially PPP):D I have asked I have asked my husband to pray with me again (married almost 10 yrs in Jan.) for these ministry concerns and he says that there is NO need to pray that God gives us our needs are provided for according to His will. But it does not say NOT to pray! Then he sly said he will pray with me "when he feels LEAD"...:shepherd:
Matthew 6:8
Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your
Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
If we feel insufficient (as my husband seems to act) or do not know what to pray (many times we all must ask for wisdom) God has sent us a Helper. Hallelujah...We do not need to be a 'prayer warrior' to speak with him and share our heart with our Lord. We should go humbly before the Throne of Grace and since the Word of God does not specifically command husbands to pray WITH their wives, he does not seem to think that it is necessary or even good even though I ask it of him.:(
Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
1 Thessalonians 5:17
Pray without ceasing.
1 Timothy 2:8
I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
Paul requested prayer of the Thessalonians:
2 Thessalonians 3:1
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:
Prayer for others to further their walk with the Lord:
Colossians 1:9
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
2 Thessalonians 1:11
Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:
Exhortation to pray for each other:
James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Please pray with me that he (my husband) might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;(Col 1:9)that our God would count him worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:(2 Thessalonians 1:11)that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, (2 Thessalonians 3:1) and of course Ephesians 3:16-19 that He would grant him according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in his (our)hearts by faith; that he being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that he might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 3-20-21
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. :amen:
Have a great day!!!:groupray:

Hey, Worshipper! I am having similar difficulties with my husband. He feels like our prayers do not need to be specific. That God is all-knowing and already knows what we need and others need, so there is no need in telling Him the obvious. I would research and find scriptures to back myself up, but then, I'd be 'preaching' to him and offend him. I know in my heart that God loves it when we talk to Him about our problems and our needs and getting specific is biblical. Just cant remember where its at in the bible!
So I will stand in agreement with you about your husband, that he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, and that the Holy Spirit will teach him about prayer and the power that is in a husband and wife praying together. That our husbands will become the spiritual leaders that our homes need.

Hey, Faithwoman! I want to encourage you to not back down from what you are doing for your daughter! Some people would say that its interferring, and their right! Your are interferring with the enemy and possibly saving her life, if not her very soul! As her mother, you have every right to poke and pry into what she is doing and who she is doing it with! She may not appreciate it right now, and the rest of the family may not either, but after she has children of her own, she will figure it out! ha!:p

Hey, Bondman! Still praying for you!:D

Hey all.. I get to use a computer in the lobby for a quick min here.
Today was a great day.. we took train into the city of Boston.. never been on a train! we went to the Museum of Science, the USS Constitution boat, to Quincy Market place and then we got caught in a huge rain storm.. we were soaked to the bone.. I was running and spinning down the sidewalk in the rain like a 2 year old.. it was a blast! We also took 2 taxi rides which I had never done before.

Got to witness to the one cab driver.. it was awesome.. it was fun..
Think he was a bit surprised. I am tired but just had dinner and a few frozen strawberry dacquiris... I am good to sleep now.

I will not back down with my daughter.. thank you for your prayers. This is a place I should have been in her life a long time ago, but because I was caught up in the "me" world.. it got out of hand. God is good, all is forgiven and I will be given the strength!

I am praying for all of you and your needs.
Thank goodness for common courtesy computers, so I could check in!

The flight was great ... only in air hour and 15 min.. it would have taken us 6 to drive here.

Hugs
Robin

Hey, Worshipper! I am having similar difficulties with my husband. He feels like our prayers do not need to be specific. That God is all-knowing and already knows what we need and others need, so there is no need in telling Him the obvious. So I will stand in agreement with you about your husband, that he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, and that the Holy Spirit will teach him about prayer and the power that is in a husband and wife praying together. That our husbands will become the spiritual leaders that our homes need.

AMEN :amen: Thanks Fluffy:I am continuing in prayer and study and trusting God to teach me by His Spirit; I know that He will teach us both as we seek His truth...I will be praying for your husband and household as well...:pray:

Faithwoman: What a great day; thanks for checking in!!! :D

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #122

ABOUT HUSBANDS AND WIVES - Part 1

Bondman;
Here is something for discussion speaking of prayer (especially PPP):D I have asked I have asked my husband to pray with me again (married almost 10 yrs in Jan.) for these ministry concerns and he says that there is NO need to pray that God gives us our needs are provided for according to His will. But it does not say NOT to pray! Then he sly said he will pray with me "when he feels LEAD"...:shepherd:
Matthew 6:8
Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
If we feel insufficient (as my husband seems to act) or do not know what to pray (many times we all must ask for wisdom) God has sent us a Helper. Hallelujah...We do not need to be a 'prayer warrior' to speak with him and share our heart with our Lord. We should go humbly before the Throne of Grace and since the Word of God does not specifically command husbands to pray WITH their wives, he does not seem to think that it is necessary or even good even though I ask it of him.:(

A. Fluffy's response to this heart-cry was great! I know it's hard, worshipper! I know of a situation where it's exactly the reverse: the wife won't fit in with the husband who is right on the ball. *sad* Getting to a place of 'agreement' can be hard. That's why for a long time I've loved the verse in Eph Ch 5 coming directly BEFORE the major passages to husbands and wives! Let me quote the verse before it as well:

Ephesians Ch 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things to God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

If we took notice of v. 21 FIRST - before getting into the husband and wife things, it could help a pile in my view. What's His Word commanding us to do here: 1) Give thanks to God IN ALL THINGS (that's 'all' as in 'ALL'!!!), THEN 2) Submit to each in IN THE FEAR OF GOD!! Wouldn't doing THEM that sort a lot of problems?

The other thing that struck me as I read of your situation was the wonder of the amazing gift God gave to all men - FREEWILL! We are all free agents. NOT EVEN GOD WILL OVER-RIDE OUR FREEWILL! In turn we must never attempt to over-ride someone else's. Yes, we can pray, that's the ticket!

B. May I share something that's helped me a lot on this. Maybe as long as 30 years ago I developed this simple but powerful thought that I needed to live, or at least to attempt to work towards living out in my Christian walk with Jesus:

EXPECTATION 0%. ACCEPTANCE 100%

Now I don't think that is possible this side of heaven, but think about it. Do we not place EXPECTATIONS on others all the time (despite all that I know, I have just earlier this year! *shamed*) Do we not FAIL to ACCEPT others - just as they are!! NOTE: God does!!! True, He loves us so much that He's NOT EVER content to leave us there without aiming to help us do better, but His expectation and acceptance of you and me are 0% and 100%!

PROBLEM: we're always trying to FIX/CHANGE the other person. Stop it! It's not right. We're to love and accept, not fix!! Wouldn't you agree that we got a BIG enough (FULL-TIME) problem fixing ourselves up without trying to fix up him or her!! I know I have - and I stress FULL-TIME there!

Bless you so much, worshipper, for your responses to what others have written! May I really encourage you even as I pray for you (and hubby), that along with us all you will live the Lord's way more and more with every passing day!

Continued in Part 2 "More About Husbands and Wives"...

With love,

- BM, with his Lady

AIM TO GET YOUR EXPECTATION RIGHT DOWN,
AND YOUR ACCEPTANCE RIGHT UP!

hspace1.gif

Hey all.. I get to use a computer in the lobby for a quick min here.
Today was a great day.. we took train into the city of Boston.. never been on a train! we went to the Museum of Science, the USS Constitution boat, to Quincy Market place and then we got caught in a huge rain storm.. we were soaked to the bone.. I was running and spinning down the sidewalk in the rain like a 2 year old.. it was a blast! We also took 2 taxi rides which I had never done before.

Got to witness to the one cab driver.. it was awesome.. it was fun..
Think he was a bit surprised. I am tired but just had dinner and a few frozen strawberry dacquiris... I am good to sleep now.

I will not back down with my daughter.. thank you for your prayers. This is a place I should have been in her life a long time ago, but because I was caught up in the "me" world.. it got out of hand. God is good, all is forgiven and I will be given the strength!

I am praying for all of you and your needs.
Thank goodness for common courtesy computers, so I could check in!

The flight was great ... only in air hour and 15 min.. it would have taken us 6 to drive here.

Hugs
Robin

Worshipper said it: great that you can check in! Was gonna miss ya like crazy!

What you said about your daughter and yourself is so wonderful, hon!! And the taxi-driver! Way to go!

Hey, Bondman! Your post about not changing the other person and not overriding their freewill (that hit me between the eyes!) reminded me of something that happened awhile back.
My daughter was going on and on about how she believed what she believed and there was nothing I could do or say that would change her mind. The whole time I was praying 'Lord, what do I say to her? Lord, I need Your words! I need Your help here, Lord!'
Then it came to me! And I just smiled real big and said:
"I dont have to. Its not my job."
She got quiet. Didnt say another word about it. Changed the subject even!
And its true! Its not our job!:D

Hey, Bondman! Your post about not changing the other person and not overriding their freewill (that hit me between the eyes!) reminded me of something that happened awhile back.
My daughter was going on and on about how she believed what she believed and there was nothing I could do or say that would change her mind. The whole time I was praying 'Lord, what do I say to her? Lord, I need Your words! I need Your help here, Lord!'

:)poops!:D) Its the Holy Spirit's!!!

Just three words from me, dearest Fluf: "Hallelujah! Thankyou Lord!!"

Forgot to say, sweetie: still prayin' fer them there chillun o' yours!

Also for your personal prayer request a little way back (any change?)

From Message #3- Persistance
What a WONDERFUL assurance! Oh yes, He responds very strongly when you're praying for more GOODNESS to be in your life!!

Bondman: I would like to add also; when we pray for more GODLINESS...:pray:
that is what I am praying for my husband and self. Thank you for lifting us up in prayer. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband; honestly, we have not always had such a loving marriage as we have today. For years, my husband was trying to change ME...didn't accept who and what and the WHY of me at all and tried very hard to manipulate and push me into his mold; because I love him, I submitted to him more and tried to be what he wanted but it didn't stick because it wasn't who I truly am. Hallelujah...the Lord has touched our hearts and we both have changed by the grace of God and through prayer and self-evaluation we both have come to places of accepting each other and ourselves (big part of it:D) and our marriage
is a much more wonderful place. THANK YOU LORD!!!

21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. I agree that this preceding scripture "sets the stage" and it is sorely OVERLOOKED by most teachers and husbands especially; except for you of course. :) I have shared this scripture with my dh and he contends that the husband does not have to submit to the wife in anything; he is the head.:confused:

I am not asking him to fit into my plan; I am asking him to consider praying with me because I desire that we grow closer spiritually. I pray; "Not my will but thine be done"; I think he prays; "Not her will, but MINE be done"...:( Thanks for the prayers; the Lord is good and He is worthy of all the praise!!!

Fluffy: I find that my dear husband relates much more and better with a real woman.:D Our Lord God has given us EVERYTHING pertaining to LIFE and GODLINESS and I will be patient and wait for it...and pray. :pray:

SCRIPTURE

Philippians 4:6 Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.

1. Don't be WORRIED about ANYTHING!!! Don't be concerned, don't be anxious or freaked out.

2. PRAY in ALL situations and in ALL circumstances - in fact pray in and for EVERYTHING!!!

3. Pray, bringing your DEFINITE REQUESTS to God. (This may have been what Fluffy was thinking of in Post #1289.)

3. Pray always with THANKYOUS and THANKSGIVING to the Lord!!! (do we really DO this??)

4. Keep praying, i.e., CONTINUE to pray.

5. Pray for your NEEDS, making your REQUESTS clearly known to a very, very gracious God!!

- BM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back