The Reason the Church is Floundering....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish many others did . in my flesh i often get upset when i see the direction the Church is taking. its not a baptist thing or any other denom. its a God thing

I hear you.

I have said many times and say so again.....it seems to me that God in "pruning" the heard.
I am thirsty for God’s word. Straight with no chaser! Until I can find a church doing that that isn’t motivated by wealth or obtaining a lot of people… 🤷🏻‍♀ I’m grateful for fellowship online which has gotten me started. I went to a Christian church last week and while it was “nice “and the music certainly was good… I left feeling like it was Christian junk food. And that’s fine for some but it’s definitely not for me or what I’m looking for right now.

If you get to Central Florida..... please come by and sit in with us. We are an "Old Fashioned"......Gospel Hour type of church.

We sing worship songs from the Baptist hymnal. Deacons read the Scriptures from the KJV of the Bible and the preacher has a rope tied to his leg to keep him on the platform. He preaches in the power of the Holy Spirit exactly what the Bible says and NEVER apologizes for what God has said.

many pastors are trained that way . the days of old time Holy Ghost conviction preaching is gradually being replaced by seminary preaching. to bad you dont live in my area i would gladly invite you.

I have no need to question your comment. I actually agree wit you that what you are saying is true. But that is NOT the fault of a Seminary.
I will tell you however that what you are saying is just an excuse for those who refuse to preach the Word of God. Instead of looking to themselves and accepting the correcting of God...those that you speak of instead blame a seminary for their failures.

I am a Seminary trained person myself. In fact two of them. I did hear and was told things that were silly and stupid and I rejected them because they were told to me by a man and what was said was not found in the Scriptures. It was MY choice and MY responsibility as a called man of God to follow what God said not what a man said.

Allow me to give you an example. Everyone I know of has read and believes what C.S. Lewis wrote and taught. I had a professor hold Mr. Lewis in the highest regard. He taught us what Mr. Lewis said and when I asked him why he thought that a man of such high esteem would write that "water baptism" and "Purgatory" was a requirement of salvation and was told to read again what he wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and then I could give the correct answer and pass his class.

So I did.....I gave the answer he wanted. Passed his class and never, ever taught what he taught again the rest of my life. WHY????

Because what he taught was not the Word of God.

my church is small in number i can hold a hundred if need. i ask that you folks pray for Fairview general Baptist church. there all lots of churches in our area that has small numbers sad thing is i fear many will never return . the Devil has used this virus as a tool to keep folks away from Church

That could be!

I hear you.

I have said many times and say so again.....it seems to me that God in "pruning" the heard.

If you get to Central Florida..... please come by and sit in with us. We are an "Old Fashioned"......Gospel Hour type of church.

We sing worship songs from the Baptist hymnal. Deacons read the Scriptures from the KJV of the Bible and the preacher has a rope tied to his leg to keep him on the platform. He preaches in the power of the Holy Spirit exactly what the Bible says and NEVER apologizes for what God has said.
I would love that and if I go there I will ! Thank You

No I'm not surprised. Just Very sad and disappointed.
The churches seem to have forgotten their first love. Some hardly ever mention The Son of God.
They are missing out on many things. I used to come home and feel frustrated. I don't want to go into many details, because who an I to criticise?
Some things are ignored and not deprived, even adultery. I would rather be on this forum.

Who are you???

YOU are a child of the living God. Born again and washed in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

If anyone is able to criticize it would be you.

Some people say all judgment is wrong by singling out the verse "Judge not, that ye be not judged" (Matthew 7:1).

It is true that there are certain forms of judgment that we are not meant to make. The above verse is referring to one of these forms. However, there are instances where the Bible says that we need to judge. We need to read other verses and not only the one above.

In 2 Timothy 4:2 we are commanded by God to .....
"Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction.

Correction is not judgment, as the Bible says that we should correct, rebuke and be bold to those who are sinning. It is to be done in an act of caring for them in the hope that they will believe. That way we could contribute to the saving of a soul. If we don't, we could be responsible for suppressing the truth which could mean eternal death instead of eternal life for that person.

James 5:20........
" Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins."

I would love that and if I go there I will ! Thank You

I will warn you...........do not come in the door if you are liberal in your thinking or believe that God is a cosmic Santa Claus.

We preach without apology that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. That He is the Creator of all things all things exist because of Him and by Him and He is so close to coming again to this earth to fulfill His promise that the hoofbeats of His white horse can be heard in the distance.

Already there. Back in my youth, I went to Air Assault School. The last obstacle was a 12 mile trop with a 76 pound ruck sack and we had two hours. In the late morning in Kentucky, it was a little wet and my boots were a mess. By the time I was done, I could feel the blood on both feet. Most of my toe mails we a mess and they never recovered. Not a pretty site then or now. :(

Rtm

Then keep your boots on!!!!!

I spent 3 months in Tiger Land at Ft. Polk, La. Want to talk about wet boots?????/

Then, when you spend 12 months in mud, blood and beer up to your ankles and people shooting at you and your own people spraying you with weed killer........call me.

I don't belong to a church any mire
It is a very long time since I have attended any service. It is nit for lack of trying to find one but I am not even looking now. I miss it though.
I don"t like the way church has gone but am very happy to read that you have all found churches that are still on the right track.

Cosia........please do not allow the failures of some churches do harm your ability to worship. While you may have had a bad experience with some, that does not mean that all churches have abandoned God.

Please, for your own spiritual life.....take time to look for a good church. Ask people where the Word of God is preached!!!!

Go.....visit. Talk to the pastor. Ask him what he belives and why he believes it. If it is not what the Scriptures teach....go visit another church.

Please dont just give up!

Cosia........please do not allow the failures of some churches do harm your ability to worship. While you may have had a bad experience with some, that does not mean that all churches have abandoned God.

Please, for your own spiritual life.....take time to look for a good church. Ask people where the Word of God is preached!!!!

Go.....visit. Talk to the pastor. Ask him what he belives and why he believes it. If it is not what the Scriptures teach....go visit another church.

Please dont just give up!
Thank you Major for your advice and the way you have worded it. I think you may be right.

Who are you???

YOU are a child of the living God. Born again and washed in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

If anyone is able to criticize it would be you.

Some people say all judgment is wrong by singling out the verse "Judge not, that ye be not judged" (Matthew 7:1).

It is true that there are certain forms of judgment that we are not meant to make. The above verse is referring to one of these forms. However, there are instances where the Bible says that we need to judge. We need to read other verses and not only the one above.

In 2 Timothy 4:2 we are commanded by God to .....
"Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction.

Correction is not judgment, as the Bible says that we should correct, rebuke and be bold to those who are sinning. It is to be done in an act of caring for them in the hope that they will believe. That way we could contribute to the saving of a soul. If we don't, we could be responsible for suppressing the truth which could mean eternal death instead of eternal life for that person.

James 5:20........
" Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins."
I agree with you Major
There is a difference between discernment and judgement. My grudge was that there was no correction and so no repentance.

I think people just like to put others in prison or jail and leave them there to sort it out themselves. They think that solves the problem. Well no, it just makes them more hardened. Actually they do need help correcting their behaviour. That's why rehab works over just isolation. When the person comes to realise what they did was wrong, they are willing to repent and make amends.

If you judge someone as ireedeemable, it puts them in an even worse place.

Then keep your boots on!!!!!

I spent 3 months in Tiger Land at Ft. Polk, La. Want to talk about wet boots?????/

Then, when you spend 12 months in mud, blood and beer up to your ankles and people shooting at you and your own people spraying you with weed killer........call me.
Yea, but most of that was because no one liked you very much.

:)

Last edited:
I will warn you...........do not come in the door if you are liberal in your thinking or believe that God is a cosmic Santa Claus.

We preach without apology that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. That He is the Creator of all things all things exist because of Him and by Him and He is so close to coming again to this earth to fulfill His promise that the hoofbeats of His white horse can be heard in the distance.
No need for a warning sir. I find those words a bit harsh as I am a true believer in Christ. Still trying to understand the “personalities” here 🧐 a lot of what people say here - it doesn’t really come through via typing quite frankly.

No need for a warning sir. I find those words a bit harsh as I am a true believer in Christ. Still trying to understand the “personalities” here 🧐 a lot of what people say here - it doesn’t really come through via typing quite frankly.
I believe Major qualified it with...if you are liberal in your thinking or believe that God is a cosmic Santa Claus.

Forgive me....I was not speaking directly to you, Not trying to be harsh...just cute.

Thank you for the encouragement. I will start looking again.

Good for you! Look at it this way......."Satan is not going to run you away from the worship of God!!!!"

Ephesians 6:13...........
"Therefore take up the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you will be able to stand your ground, and having done everything, to stand. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."

Honestly and factually......I do not think that there has been another time in history where men need to be coming together in the worship of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Luke 12:40 is IMHO now...........
"Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back