The Reason the Church is Floundering....

Status
Not open for further replies.
back to the drawing board what is holding back the church Body of Christ ? Do we worship the denomination or the one its about ? Many will say the one its about .. how comfortable are we out side our denom? the Church i pastor is gen baptist but i dont promote Gen Baptist doctrine . is the church willing to make sacrifices ? remember we are the Church. when we look into the mirror of the Word . we can soon see the real us. for me do want to be lead down the path of righteousness . do i follow that path all the time? no times i get off and have to make U turns around.
i do want to hunger and thirst for righteousness to be filled, question do we fully understand this concept in scripture . next how hungry and thirsty are we? this ha s nothing to do with Church doctrine example osas osnas or baptism of the spirit evidence of speaking in tongues .
to me its about being Honest with our selves
i think the Big key is we draw nigh to God
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Staff Edited and Rule (1.3) PM sent.

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." This place is close enough, depending on how liberally you define "gathered."

Rtm

Gathered would IMHO mean "in order to worship God".

Now if we go back and read through all the posts made on the forum......I do not think that we will we that they were all in worship of God.

Gathered would IMHO mean "in order to worship God".

Now if we go back and read through all the posts made on the forum......I do not think that we will we that they were all in worship of God.

That could be said of a great many conversations heard when gathering in a formal church setting. At least I have heard many such conversations that were quite worldly discussed before and after services.

That could be said of a great many conversations heard when gathering in a formal church setting. At least I have heard many such conversations that were quite worldly discussed before and after services.
Yes, that can get old when you have just been through 6 days of worldly chatter and you’re starving for godly fellowship.

When I attend services I like to be fed a good meal. Often it is snack food instead for the main course and a few more snacks wherever you can find them before or after.

Well that is true. But what about "during"?????

A lot of people who leave church services are heard to be saying......"I thought that preacher would never shut up"!

Well that is true. But what about "during"?????

A lot of people who leave church services are heard to be saying......"I thought that preacher would never shut up"!
Reminds me of what heard John MacArthur say, as last year celebrated 50 anniversity as head Pastor at his church, and stated that at his first message when he was trying to impress the staff to hire him, he spoke for over 4 hours!

In a very real sense CFS is a place were Christians gather together. It is not formalized like regular church meetings, but is a gathering place for Christians. Here we can learn how to practice faith and love in our lives. In many ways I have learned more from pastors and others here than in most formal church settings which is a shame.

This concept of church is a bit new to me, although I saw it coming awhile ago through social media.
My hesitation to associate forums as Church such as this is because they lack...
1. accountability in the form of Church discipline.
2.Corporate Worship
3. physical interaction in the form of physically helping one another (visitations, helps etc.)

4. Lord's Table/ breaking of bread/ Love Feasts etc.

I agree. Aside from the pandemic, there so many forums, right now, that have good intentions to formalize their site as an official church (and worship service) but the liturgy of a worship service is not the same as an online Christian forum gathering.

Let's be very careful not to discredit liturgy, which is formal corporate worship to God and an example of this is in Acts 1:13-26. When we go back to the first church worship of 120 in the upper room, it was a mixture of men and women. This early form of liturgy is where they collectively worshiped, prayed, made supplication, most likely sang hymns, commissioned Matthias as the next disciple and Peter preached. This would be the first "church service."

When we talk about Christian forums is distinctively a gathering of believers to share and discuss Jesus, but it doesn't take the place of a face to face meeting of worship.

When we talk about Christian forums is distinctively a gathering of believers to share and discuss Jesus, but it doesn't take the place of a face to face meeting of worship.
Nor does it take the place where we as a body lift our praises, adoration and worship heavenward, such as...

Revelation 7:9-10 (KJV) After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back