The Reason the Church is Floundering....

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Apostolic Reformation.

Thank you!

I hope that everyone reading our posts understands that "Biblically" there is no such thing as an Apostle in the classic understanding of the 12 men that Jesus confirmed to spread the gospel.

Yes.....I am aware that the argument is that the meaning of the word "Apostle" means....... "one who is sent off",

The argument from those who want to be an Apostles is that "they" are sent by God to share the gospel. YES...we as Christian are all do to that.

However, in the classic sense that an Apostle then today will have the same "Sign Gifts" as the original 12 is nothing more than a pipe dream.

Mark 16:14-15.........
"Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Acts 1:21-22
21 ‘So one of the men who have accompanied us during all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,

22 "beginning from the baptism of John until the day when he was taken up from us—one of these men must become with us a witness to his resurrection."

The candidate needed to have been appointed by the Lord Jesus himself.

Those three requirements remove anyone today from being an Apostle.

Thank you!

I hope that everyone reading our posts understands that "Biblically" there is no such thing as an Apostle in the classic understanding of the 12 men that Jesus confirmed to spread the gospel.

Yes.....I am aware that the argument is that the meaning of the word "Apostle" means....... "one who is sent off",

The argument from those who want to be an Apostles is that "they" are sent by God to share the gospel. YES...we as Christian are all do to that.

However, in the classic sense that an Apostle then today will have the same "Sign Gifts" as the original 12 is nothing more than a pipe dream.

"Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

21 ‘So one of the men who have accompanied us during all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,

22 "beginning from the baptism of John until the day when he was taken up from us—one of these men must become with us a witness to his resurrection."

And for them to arrogantly claim some of their own to be Prophets would mean their ’prophetic words’ would be equal to Scripture, which when compared to Scripture contradicts Scripture- so it is a self defeating assertion.

Nor does it take the place where we as a body lift our praises, adoration and worship heavenward, such as...

Revelation 7:9-10 (KJV) After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Agreed 100%.

I am all in favor of this Christian forum being a place where believers hang out and share thoughts and ask questions and get drawn closer to Christ.

However, we must be careful to not insist that it is a place of worship that replaces church attendance. IF we do that then we open the door to those who will insist that their "boat" is a place of worship.

They will say and it has been told to me......"where two or more are gathered together, there I am also".....so when my family and I are in our boat on Sunday we are having church....that is why we are not in your church!

Now......substitute "football game, or bowling, or the beach" in place of BOAT and you can see why this can be a bad situation and in fact IS a bad situation.

Yes, I haven't dug deep into their teachings (if they have any), I just know that they are a group of self appointed Prophets and Apostles (with supposed equal authority) that have done some pretty outlandish things.
They are an offshoot of the so called third wave, the Charismatic Movement, as they see God restoring back to the Church offices of Apostles and prophets right before Second Coming , despite the Lord never needing them since John passed away for some 2000 yeras, as Bible was quite sufficient!

Thank you!

I can accept Apostles as being in a sense moderb day Missionaries, those sent forth, or Pastors can be gifted to see and apply biblical insights into modern culture, but neither of that would be the Offices as in the Bible!
And for them to arrogantly claim some of their own to be Prophets would mean their ’prophetic words’ would be equal to Scripture, which when compared to Scripture contradicts Scripture- so it is a self defeating assertion.
Many in Charismatic Movement do see them as Apostles and prophets, so they can speak forth revelations equal to scripture!

Thank you!
I hope that everyone reading our posts understands that "Biblically" there is no such thing as an Apostle in the classic understanding of the 12 men that Jesus confirmed to spread the gospel. Yes.....I am aware that the argument is that the meaning of the word "Apostle" means....... "one who is sent off",

I can accept Apostles as being in a sense moderb day Missionaries, those sent forth, or Pastors can be gifted to see and apply biblical insights into modern culture, but neither of that would be the Offices as in the Bible!
Many in Charismatic Movement do see them as Apostles and prophets, so they can speak forth revelations equal to scripture!

Hello Yeshua and Major;

It's my understanding that an "Apostle," the 12 disciples and Paul, is one who was face to face and served with Jesus during His mission.

I feel you both make this clear and I agree with Yeshua that those sent forth are regarded as missionaries, evangelists, but not an Apostle.

This can confuse believers. Is there more anyone can add?

God bless everyone.

They are an offshoot of the so called third wave, the Charismatic Movement, as they see God restoring back to the Church offices of Apostles and prophets right before Second Coming , despite the Lord never needing them since John passed away for some 2000 yeras, as Bible was quite sufficient!
Yes, and aren`t they into Dominion Theology with their seven mountain baloney (not to be confused with a bologna sandwich)?

Hello Yeshua and Major;

It's my understanding that an "Apostle," the 12 disciples and Paul, is one who was face to face and served with Jesus during His mission.

I feel you both make this clear and I agree with Yeshua that those sent forth are regarded as missionaries, evangelists, but not an Apostle.

God bless everyone.

Well....the Charismatic Pentecostals teach that there are "Apostles" today because they want to believe that the sign gifts are in operation today. So as to make it possible for their members to speak in tongues and believe in miracles and man healing man they teach this heresy. They do that in the face of the clear Word of God.

Yes......apostles (little "a")can mean .....those who are sent out to preach the gospel and that is a valid teaching.

However, there can be NO Apostles (big "A") today because no person living today can qualify Biblically. So if the Pentecostals or Catholic or JW"S or anyone else teach that there are apostles, they do so in complete rejection of the Scriptures.

Mark 16:14-18
"Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

The ELEVEN are the men standing in front of Jesus as He commissioned them to spread the gospel. In verse #17 Jesus gave those ELEVEN men certain SIGN GIFTS so as to help them in their travels and efforts to to what Jesus told them to do.

He did the very same thing later to Paul on the Damascus road. Those 12 TWELVE men could do the same miracles that Jesus did.

NO ONE can do those things today as there can be NO ONE who has the Sign Gifts because no one can meet the qualifications of...........
1. Apostles had to be eye-witnesses of Jesus and His ministry.(Acts 1:21-25 & 10:39-43).
2. Apostles had to have witnessed His resurrection (
Acts 1:21-22; Acts 10:39-42)..
2. Apostles had to be selected by Christ Himself (Matthew 10:5; Mark 3:13-14; Luke 6:13;).

Only the 12 Apostles had the Sign Gifts and they could and did...........
1. Apostles had the authority and power from Christ, to heal all manner of sicknesses and disease,

2. Apostles had the authority and power to cast out unclean spirits (Matthew 10:1; cf. Mark 3:13-15; Acts 5:12-16; Acts 16:16-18; Acts 19:11).

3. Apostles could transfer miraculous power to others by the laying their hands on others (Acts 6:5-6; Acts 8:17-18; Acts 19:6; Romans 1:11;).

4. Apostles could foreign languages without having studied them (Mark 16:17; cf. Acts 2:4; Acts 10:46; Acts 19:6; 1 Corinthians 12:10, 28, 30).

5. Apostles could drink deadly poison and suffer no harm, (Mark 16:17-18 and Acts 26:1-6)

6. Apostles could handle and be bitten by deadly snakes without harm coming to them (Mark 16:17-18; Acts 28:1-6).

7. Apostles could and did raise the dead back to life (Acts 9:36-42)

There are no men today that meet the above qualifications, thus any so-called apostles are false apostles.

Hello Yeshua and Major;

God bless everyone.
Only Cults in church history have ever claimed to have either Apostles or prophets still active!

Hello Yeshua and Major;

God bless everyone.
I would add, that if they were NT Apostles, we would have to treat their recorded words to the churches as scripture.
On that account I am relieved.

aww c'mon, are you saying that $$$$$ motivates their theology? (and here I thought it might be a novel movement)<---tongue in cheek.
well, did see a video where kenneth Copeland "prophesied" that God would be making 3 persons there Billionaires, but he then stated down to just 2, as he already was one now!

I think everyone can be billionaires, set up an electronic bank account and do an overdraft with lots of zeroes in it.

Dear God,

I O U a billion dollars.

Actuallly most countries are in debt for over a billion so, not a big deal is it? Though God isn't really interested in anyone's money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back