The Reason the Church is Floundering....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear God,

I O U a billion dollars.

Actuallly most countries are in debt for over a billion so, not a big deal is it? Though God isn't really interested in anyone's money.
Interesting how Lord Jesus had no home, nor clothes, and had to have "handouts", and yet today those claiming to be in his name have multi estates, private jets, cars etc!

I guess Jesus and the Apostles just didn't have enough faith.
Some in the WoF actually do teach that Paul and the Apostles knew the truth of the faith force and laws of the Kingdom, but refused to rightly applied them! So God is now restoring thnose "truths" to end time church!

Ephesians 4:11-15

King James Version

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:.

i am by far into the charismatic titles . but scripture does use apostles; and some, prophets; imo they come in the form of preachers myself i dont go around using the title pastor. even though i am which is my tittle i am Bro nor am i into name tag theology yes i am Baptist in belief but i dont promote being Baptist .the name tag will fall off going up or burn off going down john 17 jesus prayed for the church to be one in Him. not a universal one world church 11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. how soon we forget

so is this about the Church or the wof movement which i dont agree with but i cant change them. when the woman broke open the expense ointment and used on Christ feet. some had a religious break down. Christ replied let her alone she has done what she could. Mark 14:8 What Are We doing ? is the Big question there seems to be tiptoeing around the issue ----how soon we forget

Yup, even that WOF crowd wear eyeglasses, have false teeth and their hair grows whiter each year.
Loved it when saw EV Hill on TV state that while Fred Price church is right next to his, many of his followers kept coming to his to get cloths and food, even though their church preached are Kings Kids, name it and claim it!
Only ones getting financial off in those groups are the leaders!

so is this about the Church or the wof movement which i dont agree with but i cant change them. when the woman broke open the expense ointment and used on Christ feet. some had a religious break down. Christ replied let her alone she has done what she could. Mark 14:8 What Are We doing ? is the Big question there seems to be tiptoeing around the issue ----how soon we forget
I guess your point is that the WOF movement is not the Church, (so why discuss it?) which I would agree with.
Although there are some young converts, that are part of the Church, that get ensnared for awhile in that movement.

Loved it when saw EV Hill on TV state that while Fred Price church is right next to his, many of his followers kept coming to his to get cloths and food, even though their church preached are Kings Kids, name it and claim it!
Only ones getting financial off in those groups are the leaders!

That is correct!

I guess your point is that the WOF movement is not the Church, (so why discuss it?) which I would agree with.
Although there are some young converts, that are part of the Church, that get ensnared for awhile in that movement.
R.L. Whitworth had been senior pastor of one of the largest Assemblies of God churches, Calvary Assembly, for 30 years when he wrote the book God Told Me to Tell You.

In it, Whitworth not only exposes the false demonstrations of "the word of knowledge," but also ably condemns the doctrines of the word-faith teachers. He too equates the "name-it and claim-it" theory as a "repeat of the Science of Mind ideas of Earnest Holmes," founder of the New Age church of Religious Science. (R.L. Whitworth, God Told Me to Tell You, p. 121).

Dr. George Wood, an Assistant Superintendent of the Assemblies of God, a pentecostal, writes about the multitude of people he has seen who have experienced "devastating spiritual and psychological damage caused by the positive confession movement."
Source:https://www.watchman.org/articles/other-religious-topics/word-faith-theology/

Dr. George Wood, an Assistant Superintendent of the Assemblies of God, a pentecostal, writes about the multitude of people he has seen who have experienced "devastating spiritual and psychological damage caused by the positive confession movement."

He observes that there are three basic faulty assumptions controlling the "positive confession" theology.

First, that God wills perfect health, total healing, and complete prosperity for every believer.

Second, that God has obligated Himself to heal every sickness and to financially prosper those who have faith.

Third, any failure is not the fault of God, but is caused by a lack of faith or sin in the individual's life.

Dr. Wood comments that these teachers "have missed the Bible in three ways:
1. They twist particular verses out of their plain meaning;
2. they refuse to deal with Scriptures which plainly have different meanings than those of the `positive confession;'
3. and they fail to let the Bible speak for itself".
(Dr. George Wood, Mountain Movers, July 1988).

Ephesians 4:11-15​

King James Version​

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:.

i am by far into the charismatic titles . but scripture does use apostles; and some, prophets; imo they come in the form of preachers myself i dont go around using the title pastor. even though i am which is my tittle i am Bro nor am i into name tag theology yes i am Baptist in belief but i dont promote being Baptist .the name tag will fall off going up or burn off going down john 17 jesus prayed for the church to be one in Him. not a universal one world church 11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. how soon we forget

1 Corinthians 13:8-9.........
"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away."

The perfect can only be Jesus Christ or the completed written Word of God. As the the word "Perfect" in the Greek is future tense, it then can not be Jesus as He has already come and died when Paul wrote those words. That leaves only the Bible, the Word of God.

When it was completed then there was no need for apostles, prophets , new revelations r tongues.

Some in the WoF actually do teach that Paul and the Apostles knew the truth of the faith force and laws of the Kingdom, but refused to rightly applied them! So God is now restoring thnose "truths" to end time church!

True! I was taught that very same thing 50 years ago!

The Dictionary of Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements' article on "Positive Confession Theology" serves as both a documentation of the heretical teachings and the teachers of the word-faith movement, as well as some sound correction.

It identifies E.W. Kenyon as the founder, and men like Kenneth Hagin, Kenneth Copeland, Charles Capps, Frederick K.C. Price, Robert Tilton, Earl Paulk, and others as his disciples.

The article states that the "theological claims, while based on faulty presuppositions, has a universal appeal" as it feeds the natural fallen nature of man.

The article points out that "the Rhema interpretation is their biased selection of biblical passages, often without due regard to their context. This approach not only does violence to the text but forces the New Testament linguistic data into artificial categories that the Bible authors themselves could not affirm".
(Dictionary of Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements, 1988, pp. 718-720).

Yes, I haven't dug deep into their teachings (if they have any), I just know that they are a group of self appointed Prophets and Apostles (with supposed equal authority) that have done some pretty outlandish things.
Dr. Charles Farah, Jr. was Professor of Theology and Historical Studies at Oral Roberts University and wrote an excellent article for Pneuma: The Journal of the Society for Pentecostal Studies titled, "A Critical Analysis: The "Roots and Fruits" of Faith-Formula Theology" (Spring, 1981, pp. 3-21).

He summarizes his article by noting, "The movement uses Gnostic hermeneutical principles and displaces contextual scientific exegesis. It shares many of the goals of present day humanism, particularly in regards to the creaturely comforts. It is, in fact, a burgeoning heresy" (Ibid., p. 21).

A more recent article in Pneuma, "Cultic Origins of Word-Faith Theology Within the Charismatic Movement", was written by H. Terris Newman, Bible professor at Southeastern College of the Assemblies of God. Newman adds Paul Yonggi Cho, Norman Vincent Peale and Robert Schuller to the list of word-faith teacher who reflect more Mind-Science "theology" than Biblical truth.

He concludes, "In view of the fact of the cultic origins of the health and wealth gospel, its heretical Christology, its devastating effects on human lives and the false portrayal of Christianity it presents to the world, this paper is a call to the wider evangelical community also to engage in an apologetic that will distinguish the gospel of Jesus Christ from those who indeed propagate a different gospel" (Newman, Pneuma: The Journal of the Society for Pentecostal Studies, Spring 1990, pp. 32-55).

Dr. Wood comments that these teachers "have missed the Bible in three ways:
1. They twist particular verses out of their plain meaning;
2. they refuse to deal with Scriptures which plainly have different meanings than those of the `positive confession;'
3. and they fail to let the Bible speak for itself".
(Dr. George Wood, Mountain Movers, July 1988).
4. Our words do not create reality. (IOW we are not little gods.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back