The Reason the Church is Floundering....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Church is not about padded seats or a/c or new buildings. It is not about programs and productions. The reason given to you concerning Hinn and Copeland and the WOF pose are real and factual and since they are NOT really Christian doctrines, they have no roots. No roots means NO GROWTH!

The stage, and the lights, and the bands, and the video screens, have all just become white noise to those really seeking to encounter God. They’re ear and eye candy for an hour, but they have so little relevance in people’s daily lives that more and more of them are taking a pass.

Church has become a production of entertainment instead of worship!

If you want real church growth......Preach the Word of God with no apologies. Call sin what it is...Sin!!!!!

No not ever stand and say to your church......"I hate to tell you this but......."!

Stand and read the Word of God and say to your people........"God Said....and He meant it "!
i never said the church was about padded seats etc ..i noted the old timers had church is about the building or the pews.. the old timers had church under very inconvenient conditions . i dont do flattering or enticing words. i let the Bible speak for it self. . the church i today is to busy correcting each other . i have been in service with various denoms many times in the message the correction came out. yes i have been in services where tongues was used along with a interruption . did i get anything out of it? no i got ran out of a southern Baptist church i was elected pastor with %99 vote approval .. i made the mistake of using the words foot washing . it was the former pastor daughter that created the stir . i tried to calm it with the word note try ..then the town hall meeting . it is the will of the Church you resign .. really no church vote .. i have respect for the southern Baptist. see in that case carnal minds prevailed ..how soon we forget the scripture come let us reason once again this is only a small portion of the problems we face with Church today. i honor your ministry

My own personal observations is that many churches begin to flounder and people leave because the message becomes watered down.

When the pastor begins to preach FOR the congregation instead of TO the congregation there is a disconnect. People who usually visit from other local churches because their pastor will not preach the Word of God. He has become wishy washy and a coward and refuses to condemn sin and call out and rebuke the sin that is all around us.

When a pastor refuses to call out same sex marriages as sin because some in his congregation have children who fit that description, that is not preaching the Word of God.

When a pastor refuses to preach the Bible fact that Hell is real and hot and a terrible place because it scares the children....tehn that is not preaching the Word of God.

When a preacher refuses to preach the Bible fact that abortion is murder and those who vote for a person who tells them they they support a woman's right to choose.....is not preaching the Word of God.

When a man, called by God to preach the Word of God does not do exactly that, then God will prune that church of the people in it so that they leave to find a man who will preach the Word of God.

I am always reminded of Nathan the prophet. He was David’s pastor. And he wasn’t afraid to expose the sin of his flock, including the king’s own sin. I see Nathan as a type of godly shepherd who weeps over the sin in his congregation. It must have grieved him deeply that David, a man whom everyone looked to as godly and righteous, was covering up sin.

David, the supposedly righteous king had broken three holy commandments:
1. He’d coveted another man’s wife and stolen her from him.
2. He’d committed adultery with her.
3. And he’d committed murder to cover it all up.

How did Nathan handle the situation? How did this preacher of holiness reprove someone who was covering a horrible sin?
Nathan looked his king straight in the eye and said......"YOU ARE THAT MAN".

Many young ministers have asked me similar questions:
“How can I deal with sin in my congregation? So many couples are divorcing, and others are living in adultery. I know I have a responsibility to preach God’s holiness to them. But I don’t want to drive anyone out of the church, either.”

My answer to these young preachers is always the same:
“Your congregation will listen to anything you have to say, if you say it through tears. You can’t beat them over the head with your message. They have to know your heart is broken. Try to bring them to repentance by preaching God’s grace. Yes, his Word is a two-edged sword. But you have to wield it wearing velvet gloves.”

This is not brain surgery or rocket science! It is real simple........2 Timothy 4:2 ......
" Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine."
you make very good points but many a pastor has stood in the pulpit and stated tho art the man . in my 20 some odd years i have seen many things. even told i dont know why you keep going back at it.----------- its called fire in my Bones i know a man who preached against the masonic lodge .. that went over like a lead balloon. i know preachers who has been at it 40 years or longer one over 50 years they are the ones i feed off of. this modern day teaching /preaching read the message off page by page. just dont do nothing for me.

you make very good points but many a pastor has stood in the pulpit and stated tho art the man . in my 20 some odd years i have seen many things. even told i dont know why you keep going back at it.----------- its called fire in my Bones i know a man who preached against the masonic lodge .. that went over like a lead balloon. i know preachers who has been at it 40 years or longer one over 50 years they are the ones i feed off of. this modern day teaching /preaching read the message off page by page. just dont do nothing for me.
I agree with you.

I have also spoken on the Masonic Lodge. I was part of a committee with the SBC to denounce it in 1993.

It was not adopted by the Convention for one simple reason........approx. 40% of the members are Masons and lord know we do not want to make them angry.

The point is however......When I stand before God to give an account of all that I have said and done, I can do so with a clear conscious.

We I believe who are called by God to prach must do just that even if we run some people off. I firmly believe that the reason God said in 2 Timothy 4:1-4................
"In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage-with great patience and careful instruction. 3For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths"......

was said to "Prune the heard".

Matthew 7:23.......
"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

I am saying that Biblically, there is no such office today as Apostle or prophet and tongues, Biblically ceased as is stated in the Scriptures.

It is just not possible! NO one can meet the Bible qualifications of an Apostle and there is no need for a prophet as wehave the completed Word of God which gives us all the prophecies of God. What is needed is those who can teach the Word of God.

I wish we could discuss tongues but the rules do not allow it. All I can say is that the Scriptures say that....."Tongues will cease".
We can state that if there were still the gift of tongues, would not be to impart any addition revelation, and would have to be a real language!

Church is not about padded seats or a/c or new buildings. It is not about programs and productions. The reason given to you concerning Hinn and Copeland and the WOF pose are real and factual and since they are NOT really Christian doctrines, they have no roots. No roots means NO GROWTH!

The stage, and the lights, and the bands, and the video screens, have all just become white noise to those really seeking to encounter God. They’re ear and eye candy for an hour, but they have so little relevance in people’s daily lives that more and more of them are taking a pass.

Church has become a production of entertainment instead of worship!

If you want real church growth......Preach the Word of God with no apologies. Call sin what it is...Sin!!!!!

No not ever stand and say to your church......"I hate to tell you this but......."!

Stand and read the Word of God and say to your people........"God Said....and He meant it "!
The attitude of many today is "ask not what you can do for the Lord, but what He can do for you!"

Well, if you are referring to denominationalism as the culprit for the Church floundering, I'm not fully convinced, as I have seen them having positive influences and having some obstacles to faith. (The main obstacle being people lifting the denomination and it's Confessions above Jesus and Scripture).
I have seen independent churches splintered right apart due to the pastor running the church into the ground, or else have all yes people as in family members!

I agree with you.

I have also spoken on the Masonic Lodge. I was part of a committee with the SBC to denounce it in 1993.

It was not adopted by the Convention for one simple reason........approx. 40% of the members are Masons and lord know we do not want to make them angry.

The point is however......When I stand before God to give an account of all that I have said and done, I can do so with a clear conscious.

We I believe who are called by God to prach must do just that even if we run some people off. I firmly believe that the reason God said in 2 Timothy 4:1-4................
"In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage-with great patience and careful instruction. 3For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths"......

was said to "Prune the heard".

Matthew 7:23.......
"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
STAFF EDIT - Statement was in violation of Forum Rule 3.1 (Demeaning) and Rule 3.2c (Unsubstantiated claim).

We caution all members to THINK before posting. This forum will not allow member posts that could open up the owner of CFS to legal action or law suits for claims against 'organizations'.

`

The big thing to me is accountability, for if the pastor is caught stealing monies, adultery, teaching heresy, at least in a demonination have recourse to get him out, but not so much if fully independent!
Only thing, in a denominational setting, there usually is a lot of red tape. So again, plus and minuses.

Totally agree, as there are plus and minuses on both sides of the aisle.
Agreed!
Only thing, in a denominational setting, there usually is a lot of red tape. So again, plus and minuses.

I can only say that as being in the SBC there is a form or accountability available to church members.

So then if a pastor begins to preach and reach that Mary is equal to God then the SBC would investigate and could if proven remove that specific church from fellowship with the SBC.

If my memory is correct, (?) the SBC removed 3 churches from their convention due to the fact that they calledwomen as pastors in 2020.

Agreed!

I can only say that as being in the SBC there is a form or accountability available to church members.

So then if a pastor begins to preach and reach that Mary is equal to God then the SBC would investigate and could if proven remove that specific church from fellowship with the SBC.

If my memory is correct, (?) the SBC removed 3 churches from their convention due to the fact that they calledwomen as pastors in 2020.
I don't keep up with the 'latest' from the SBC, but I have 'heard' that there was a bit of a problem with the Prez (JDGr) himself in 2020.
Maybe that has been rectified (I don't know) but I can imagine there was plenty of red tape in rectifying the matter.

Agreed!

So then if a pastor begins to preach and reach that Mary is equal to God then the SBC would investigate and could if proven remove that specific church from fellowship with the SBC. If my memory is correct, (?) the SBC removed 3 churches from their convention due to the fact that they called women as pastors in 2020.

I don't keep up with the 'latest' from the SBC, but I have 'heard' that there was a bit of a problem with the Prez (JDGr) himself in 2020.
Maybe that has been rectified (I don't know) but I can imagine there was plenty of red tape in rectifying the matter.

Our church family is a Southern Baptist Church and are members of the California Southern Baptist Convention. The CSBC is huge and under the umbrella of the Southern Baptist Convention which is very, very huge and based out of Nashville.

One important thing I learned is the Convention partners with 45k - 50k churches and is going to have ongoing problems, many small and many very serious. Unfortunately, some are normal Christian community issues, pastoral leadership issues, churches dying, churches that cannot handle growth, etc...

Another important thing I learned is the SBC and CSBC are very organized, accountable and as big as they are, when I have a concern and need to speak directly, I don't feel lost in the pool of the convention, and they have been consistently available to my church family, community and me.

The majority in the media is going to resort to yellow journalism. I choose to go straight to the convention. But This doesn't dismiss the ongoing problems of the SBC or CSBC convention.

..approx. 40% of the members are Masons and lord know we do not want to make them angry.
i grew up around the masonic lodge and yes i know bits and parts about it. my Dad was a master mason he has been gone from this present life over 30 years. my Biggest problem among a couple other things with the masons. 1. you just have to believe in a god thus it becomes a religion and many think it makes them saved ( it does not ) 2. the ritual of initiation upon joining . they blindfold you and ask you to tell the masonic secrets. then they push you back catch you the worshipful master resurrects you . i have talked to those who joined and left. i do not feel or even think it brought condemnation upon my dad. i know for a fact he did not use it as his salvation . but i still have no use for it. .. back to the op if the Church would stand up against thing things of this world.. yes that would be making some angry we might not be in the shape we are today . sometimes there is more dedication in the masonic Lodge than the Church. !!! i really wish there was less politics in Church..

But This doesn't dismiss the ongoing problems of the SBC or CSBC convention
there is problems in every denom . my self i am very turned off with GEN Baptist headquarters . the head interim man makes his visits the well know Churches.. never darken the rural Churches. since opening Fairview back up not one time have they made a visit, i paid a visit to headquarters before reopening . i did get 500.00 out of them which helped.. but they was all business and did not want to talk Church. Gen baptist has some great pastors who preach the word . myself i like the non denom format but its not about me. i tell my Church you make the Church not me. sheep make sheep . were all in this together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back