Tired of boomers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the Cuban Missile Crisis of Oct. '62 had us taking cover under the last heroic act of any US President since.
Funny you mention that, as I was seeing if from the other side (we were still in Cuba). Don't recall much, as I was clos to two years old. I do know that my dad was drafted into the military to help guard oil deposits. That was ne of several reasons why were unable to leave Cuba until 1964.

Rtm

That's strange because that's how we viewed the generation before us, otherwise known as The Greatest Generation.
It appears that there is a generation in between the boomers and those silly Gen X's:

What are the 6 generations?
By the numbers
  • Baby Boomers: born 1946 to 1964. ...
  • Generation Jones: born 1955 to 1965. ...
  • Generation X: born 1965 to 1980. ...
  • Xennials: born 1977 to 1983. ...
  • Millennials: born 1981 to 1996. ...
  • Generation Z: born 1997 or after. ...
  • Generation Alpha: born 2010 or after.
Looks like the oldest of Gen X are rolling into their mid 50s, so you will be in charge soon enough. That will be fun to watch from my retirement villa

Funny you mention that, as I was seeing if from the other side (we were still in Cuba). Don't recall much, as I was clos to two years old. I do know that my dad was drafted into the military to help guard oil deposits. That was ne of several reasons why were unable to leave Cuba until 1964.

Rtm
i am guessing you still have family in cuba.. are you able to communicate with them.. no its not a stupid question i dont know what it is like living over there . is a person able go there w/o some type gov crack down?

It appears that there is a generation in between the boomers and those silly Gen X's:

By the numbers
Looks like the oldest of Gen X are rolling into their mid 50s, so you will be in charge soon enough. That will be fun to watch from my retirement villa
I was thinking in terms of the generation before the Boomers, the ones who fought WWII.

By the numbers
Looks like the oldest of Gen X are rolling into their mid 50s, so you will be in charge soon enough. That will be fun to watch from my retirement villah
I was thinking in terms of the generation before the Boomers, the ones who fought WWII.
Who were those then..?

i actually thought ny dad was a boomer but he was born in 1924.

what kinda generation was he?

By the numbers
You will be exterminated…

F3193C3C-B61B-47AE-B7D4-B8212DF414B7.gif

I think it's a grave misconception that boomers have that the younger generation aren't working HARD. We are busting a gut to improve things.
But its boomers who actively block all the ideas and innovations with the stroke of a pen and the power that they wield. working hard, also, does not necessarily mean working smarter. You can do 80 hours for someone else and be absolutely exhausted by the end of it, and then DIE or you can do 25 and still have a life AND also enjoy the fruits of your labours. It is possible! But boomers don't really think it's possible because they are stuck in their patterns and workaholic mentality, neglecting their children plus losing the entire weekend for it. (Now people are called to work 24/7 and that is actually not good for anyone) And for what? Yet ANOTHER house when the one they already have in the family has actually been paid for.

Hey Lanolin;

It is a grave misconception. An earlier generation called the Builders prior to 1946 and during WW1 accused the boomers of being spoiled because the older generation wanted to give their children everything they didn't have during the war and depression. Sounds like a recycled statement after the boomers into the next generations and so forth.

When I was in my 30s and in the early years of my accounting career, our 40 year old manager told us to work smarter, not harder. Ironically, he was let go because though he was getting the job done, he cut corners, therefore, not working harder. He enjoyed the perks of long lunches, going home early and it seemed he took an extra day during holiday weekends. The end result was too many holes were found in his work.

There is nothing wrong with working harder or working smarter, but I find that through prayer, the balance of both is most beneficial. As an example of using hands and wisdom, review the background in Nehemiah 6:15, So the wall was finished on the twenty-fifth day of the month Elul, in fifty-two days. - ESV

My wife and I put our heads together, and bought our second home for $254,000.00, a brand new 4 bedroom with a huge backyard in Arizona. That same house in California would have easily purchase brand new for $800,000.00 in 2006. We were going to have the family rent our first home and have a place to stay when we came back to visit. In 2018 we questioned our decision, but learned from it. Then as we prayed God made a way for us to sell our Arizona home for almost the same price we originally paid in 2019.

What little good we have learned we pass on to our younger ones in our family and church community.

By the numbers
what. xenials???

I have never heard of them and why are they in a separate bizarre category. Isn't is supposed to be Y?

• The Greatest Generation (born 1901–1927)
  • The Silent Generation (born 1928–1945)
  • Baby Boomers (born 1946–1964)
  • Generation X (born 1965–1980)
  • Millennials (born 1981–1995)
  • Generation Z (born 1996–2010)
  • Generation Alpha (born 2011–2025)

I remember ads for Pepsi (you can't buy pepsi anymore, anywhere here, so coca-cola DID win out after all) saying the 80s were the 'Pepsi generation'.

Everyone I know thought Pepsi had waaay to much sugar, though it stayed fizzier. But I don't get why the powers that be tried to market it as a fun drink, ok, so it didn't have any alcohol in it and kids could supposedly drink it. But it had all those sweeteners! Why would you do that to people?

Then charge them all this money for dentist fees.

I am on the cusp. I thought I was Y.

I don't really care how much peoples second, third, fourth or fifth homes cost.

If you have ONE good home, isn't that enough?

I remember my old boss, who employed like a skeleton staff when he should have actually employed MORE people to get the work done on 5 gardens in a week. So the staff he did employ got burned out and tired, working hard while he was constantly on the phone. The gardens never got enough attention with the hours we were given and he skimped on things. Because gardening actually takes time to do. It can't just be done in half an hour. And sometimes it needs to be attended to daily, not just once or twice a week.

What should have been done was just employ a full time gardener and two part timers in ONE garden than 3 full timers in five different ones.

Coke owns 17 percent of the American market for carbonated soft drinks. The next most popular choice is Diet Coke with 9.4 percent. Pepsi is in third place at 8.9 percent. In 2020, PepsiCo's net revenue worldwide amounted to about 70.37 billion U.S. dollars.

Originally, Coke included Cocaine, which is how it got its name and was sold for medicinal purposes. They stopped this in 1929.

I think it would have mucked up their accounts though, I have learned, that if you want a garden, it's best you do it yourself than get someone else to do it, because, its your garden and you have to live there. Why pass that responsiblity on to someone else? Plus they will never get the fruits of their labours, just money, which isn't really a fruit. It's just money. Also, gardeners don't really like to be abused by someone lording it over them.

Coke owns 17 percent of the American market for carbonated soft drinks. The next most popular choice is Diet Coke with 9.4 percent. Pepsi is in third place at 8.9 percent. In 2020, PepsiCo's net revenue worldwide amounted to about 70.37 billion U.S. dollars.

Originally, Coke included Cocaine, which is how it got its name and was sold for medicinal purposes. They stopped this in 1929.
And what is their revenue in terms of amount of teeth lost and damaged due to drinking their teeth rotting waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back