What bible translation do you read and why?

Growing up I tried hard to read the King James version for years and it never made sense to me. I’m grateful for the Bible app! I read NIV version and it’s helpful for me to actually understand this book I’ve had in my life my whole life

I was thinking of the Salman Rushdie book 'The Satanic Verses.'

Any author who names their book that is asking for trouble IMHO

If it's true that there is Satanic Bible, how can we defend our people from access it?
You really can’t ....It's it online …The best defense is to spread the Word

It is really not the worst of the satanic culture…there are several more books that are pretty bad ….and it’s not a bible in the nature of the word….it’s a relatively short book of Anton’s, what I call…. Philosophical ramblings.

I did read it …that was a long time ago …that was my playground for a few years before God rescued me.

As for my versions ...KJV primarily, but use several including the Peshitta Text which I like....
What is strange for me is.... when quotes form a more modern version I find it difficult to understand ...I am so acclimated to the KJV

How to stop anyone from reading Satanic Bibles?

Well, I don't think anyone is FORCED to read anything they don't want to.

Librarians may do a little censorship of materials by not buying certain books although it is actually down to the publishers themselves to regulate the content of books.

Booksellers can't stop people from buying certain books as its your choice. If a book is sold out or embargoed and there is a demand, there might be delays, but customers can always try to buy or obtain from somewhere else.

If there is no demand, there won't be much problem. The best thing you can do is make sure there is always access to the Holy Bible, and educate people or help them to discern which Bibles might be counterfeit.

Obviously it's kinda impossible for anyone to be a gatekeeper and read everything there is, since so much is being published. But if there are objectionable materials, then for most part if there is no demand they will get pulped eventually anyway, or you can write to the publisher and get it pulled if there's a mistake on the pages or whatever.

With internet and online access its down to the responsibility of whoever owns the computer or device to put firewalls in or not go looking at objectionable material. You can do restricted access for sites and block sites.

How to stop anyone from reading Satanic Bibles?

Well, I don't think anyone is FORCED to read anything they don't want to.

Librarians may do a little censorship of materials by not buying certain books although it is actually down to the publishers themselves to regulate the content of books.

Booksellers can't stop people from buying certain books as its your choice. If a book is sold out or embargoed and there is a demand, there might be delays, but customers can always try to buy or obtain from somewhere else.

If there is no demand, there won't be much problem. The best thing you can do is make sure there is always access to the Holy Bible, and educate people or help them to discern which Bibles might be counterfeit.

Obviously it's kinda impossible for anyone to be a gatekeeper and read everything there is, since so much is being published. But if there are objectionable materials, then for most part if there is no demand they will get pulped eventually anyway, or you can write to the publisher and get it pulled if there's a mistake on the pages or whatever.

With internet and online access its down to the responsibility of whoever owns the computer or device to put firewalls in or not go looking at objectionable material. You can do restricted access for sites and block sites.
Nope, you can't. You can actually buy the Satanic Bible on Amazon for $18.00 and The Satanic Rituals: Companion to The Satanic Bible, for $7.00. I do believe you can talk someone into not reading it, but you can't force them.

The author actually named one of his kids Satan. Looks like all three of his kids have issues. I bit ironic that he died at St. Mary's Medical Center in San Francisco, CA.

With the internet, there really isn't anything that can't be found.

rtm

Well, thing with internet, is you need to type in keywords to actively find things.
Its when sites have ads pop up or things you aren't looking for, that's where the problems lie.

For example. On something like Facebook, it's ok within my circle of friends who I know and trust and don't post annoying things. But there's sometimes random ads. Or somehow people don't know get on my page. I usually unfollow or block if things like that annoy me, but on some sites you just can't block the ads.

The tricky thing is books or websites that have been plagiarised or being promoted as one thing, but they are actually another. But then that's the same as with most things you try and make a choice based on quality, as you would when buying anything. Sometimes you do end up with shoddy goods. There's no kind of hard and fast consumer guarantee with books.

If you don't like a book you can always return it back the library, you don't have to read the whole thing, but if you bought a book and read it and return it to the bookshop and want your money back, they will only do that if the reason is, you bought the wrong book, or the pages were missing, or you already had a copy and you don't want a duplicate (and it's in good condition).

Sure you COULD leave a badmouth review on a website, but...life is too short for that. I just reckon concentrate on the good books or the Good Book you like, and don't worry or waste time dissing the rest.

Back