What Defines God's Word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am preemptively apologizing because the guilt of speaking firmly to someone will over take me and I will feel terrible and like a bad person for speaking up.
I live through compassion by love and struggle to speak up coz I hate to hurt anyone. If I have I'm sorry.

Please understand I can't continue with this. [emoji173]️

Think as you wish Jim. Again, why do you and others apply this to Me. This is not about me.

It is actually about those who will not accept what the Scriptures are saying to you....not me.

In heaven we will actually see the Lord face to face. No matter what you ask me or pose questions to me about according to the Scriptures it is impossible in the earthly realm to see the Lord face to face.

Again, God said in Ex. 33:20.......
"No man can see Me and live!"

In John 1:18 ..............
"No one has seen God at any time."

1 John 4:12 says,........
"No one has seen God at any time."

First Timothy 6:16 declares that God..............
"alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see."

Hab. 1:13 God is said to be.........
"of purer eyes than to behold evil, and cannot look on wickedness".

I did not write those words and I can not just ignore them as you and others are willing to do. I will not explain them away or spiritualize them to have some other meaning. They are what they are!

You are choseing not to accept them and that is your choice to do so but please understand it has nothing to do with what "I believe" but everything to do with what those actual words do say.

As long as we are tainted by sin, and "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23)we cannot see God. The view of such perfect righteousness would destroy us.

Major,
She said she saw Jesus - You quote seeing God - I dunno but from here it looks as if you are talking about something different all together.

Lets think about this
Jesus first born again man ( revelation 1:5 )
So Jesus received the new body which is the same body we will receive.
It is in this body that folks saw Him for 40 days after He went to the Father.

That alone should tell you something............
I mean come on now. lol... Do you think the Father said hey Son - you are not ever to set foot in that earth again ....No sir I dont believe this is true.

There is No Scripture that says Jesus can Not show Him self to us. No sir not one.
Yes you can arguer that Jesus and God are one - However scripture says Jesus sits on the Right side of the Father.......( Mark 16:19 )

They say we can not see God with these natural eyes but nothing about Jesus in this new body.
Blessings
Jim

I am preemptively apologizing because the guilt of speaking firmly to someone will over take me and I will feel terrible and like a bad person for speaking up.
I live through compassion by love and struggle to speak up coz I hate to hurt anyone. If I have I'm sorry.

Softly it happens to all of us here. There are a hand full of regulars who push and twist everything some one says until either the OP gets upset or Mods close it and they still roam free in here. For now. There day is close at hand.

Best to just ignore them and move on. Yes Softly it is hard. I know for there is a reply I want to make so much - but - it wont even matter for it will fall on stuborn deaf ears that believe they know best. Just walk away and Please do not shut the rest of us out....

God Bless
Jim

I believe that we all know where everybody stands on this topic. And most of you probably have a good idea of where I stand on the topic.

Nobody is going to change their stance or interpretations of scripture through an internet forum, at the end of the day, everybody is going to stand on the same side they began with.

Test the spirits of the experiences you have, grow in the faith, and spread the gospel wherever you go.

You were born for such a time as this. I fully agree with you on being full of compassion for others, but you have nothing to be ashamed of nor do you owe anyone an apology. There is not a lot of time left in God's timeclock so we all (who are afraid to hurt others) need to pray and ask the Holy Spirit for boldness. To preach what God has given us to preach. And like Jesus told the apostles....if someone does not receive your testimony then shake the dust off your feet and move on.

The Spirit of God has been and is going to continue to move in the earth like never before and you are a part of that if you choose to be. There are a lot of people that are blind and have chosen to ignore what God is doing and what and how He chooses to move. This is the time where your security has to come from God, and you have to be like Peter and the other disciples and speak with the love and compasson that you have, and boldness, but know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are in right standing with God (which you are). And that there is a reason why He has chosen to apear to you.

If you quit right now, the devil has accomplished what He set out to do. Make you stop being obedient to God, and shut you up. There are many people who need to hear your testimony. And there are many people in this forum that are behind you and in support of you 100% . God did not give you a spirit of fear, but of peace love and a sound mind. So dive into the Word of God and make yourself a disciple of the Word so that you can teach others the good news of Jesus (luke 4:18-19). Being apart of the burden removing, yolk destroying anointing that God has sent to dwell in earthen vessels to set others who are in bondage free. Jesus said it is not the well who need a doctor, but the sick.

Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance

Dear sister,

Understand that many shall and have rejected Jesus so they too will reject you. Do not let those that refuse the power of God affect you. Rejoice that they persecute you. These know not the power of God and cannot understand the scriptures exactly like the Pharisees. Remember...

Mat 5:44-48 KJV But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.​

God loves you dear sister, remember that. :)

You were born for such a time as this. I fully agree with you on being full of compassion for others, but you have nothing to be ashamed of nor do you owe anyone an apology. There is not a lot of time left in God's timeclock so we all (who are afraid to hurt others) need to pray and ask the Holy Spirit for boldness. To preach what God has given us to preach. And like Jesus told the apostles....if someone does not receive your testimony then shake the dust off your feet and move on.

The Spirit of God has been and is going to continue to move in the earth like never before and you are a part of that if you choose to be. There are a lot of people that are blind and have chosen to ignore what God is doing and what and how He chooses to move. This is the time where your security has to come from God, and you have to be like Peter and the other disciples and speak with the love and compasson that you have, and boldness, but know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are in right standing with God (which you are). And that there is a reason why He has chosen to apear to you.

If you quit right now, the devil has accomplished what He set out to do. Make you stop being obedient to God, and shut you up. There are many people who need to hear your testimony. And there are many people in this forum that are behind you and in support of you 100% . God did not give you a spirit of fear, but of peace love and a sound mind. So dive into the Word of God and make yourself a disciple of the Word so that you can teach others the good news of Jesus (luke 4:18-19). Being apart of the burden removing, yolk destroying anointing that God has sent to dwell in earthen vessels to set others who are in bondage free. Jesus said it is not the well who need a doctor, but the sick.

Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance
Amen!!!

Jesus will present Himself to people, and more so in this day and age, in order to bring them to Himself. He is now doing this more and more in order to bring those who live in bondage to religions that are hostile to Christianity, and who are crying out for truth! This is all in keeping with the prophecy of Joel 2.

Watch the videos I posted...they are right on the money.
The videos I witness with. Softly's experience, no. Any of them being on par with Paul or Moses....rofl no.

Last edited:
Does the word of God and the gospel teach you to shame and mock people like myself. Jesus Christ gave 2 commandments, love God with your all heart and love others like you love yourself. Do you look in the mirror and hate on yourself every day. What does living in Christ mean to you. Are you a good example of the words you preach.

Paul says that not all was revealed, this means there will be things that you do not understand.
1 Corinthians 13:9
"For WE KNOW IN PART and WE PROPHESY IN PART, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. NOW WE SEE BUT A POOR REFLECTION, then we shall see FACE TO FACE. Now I know IN PART, then I SHALL KNOW FULLY, even as I am fully known."

I will never renounce Jesus Christ for you major and that is what you are telling me to do and demanding others believe. There are implications to your accusations that others will be affected by. If you do not believe that Jesus Christ can show himself to others at his will, which by implication announces you do not believe in his ability to also be resurrected, please keep your peace and do not dis-sway others from the love, truth and incomprehensible wisdom of God and Jesus Christ.

If you do believe Jesus Christ rose from the dead and showed himself to 500 people who are not individually described and recorded in the bible then it should be of no concern to you that he showed himself to myself, a Jew, who will never lie and say she did not see Jesus Christ to appease others.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

I SAW Jesus Christ and HEARD the words of Jesus Christ. God knows my heart and truth and will deal with me accordingly if I have lied and I do NOT lie. My consciounce is clear.

The words I have shared with you so far.
"Read revelation chapter 2"
"Read the New Testament"
"You will say 'I am a Jew and I have seen Jesus Christ' "
"You will tell people 'I am a Jew and I have been taken by Jesus Christ' "
"Tell the bad people I am a Jew and I have been taken by Jesus Christ"
"You are witnessing prophesy"

Why do you not believe in the power of God to do as he wishes by his will and not yours or mine, or anyone else's.

As for knowing what he looks like, tens of thousands of people saw him and knew, I saw him, of course I know what he looks like. I recently applied for an art course so I can, as precisely as I can remember, and with guidance from the Holy Spirit if it be Gods will, draw or paint what I saw. Why can't we know what Jesus looks like, Isn't that why he doesn't hide his face.

Your mockery, shaming and lack of conscience for the effects on others and myself scare me. You scare me. I have chosen not to reply to posts in other threads because of fear of you for believing in Jesus Christ. This is most likely my last post ever, because I need and want God in my life and you are a blockage to believing in the almighty power of God and Jesus Christ. I decided yesterday after much heart break that I would not tell another soul I saw Jesus Christ and live my life in peace.
I lost hope.
If you saw Jesus you would not be talking like this to a random guy on the internet. You would be on the streets of Syria preaching. Paul did that with the Romans. Moses did that with the Egyptians.

Major,
She said she saw Jesus - You quote seeing God - I dunno but from here it looks as if you are talking about something different all together.

Lets think about this
Jesus first born again man ( revelation 1:5 )
It is in this body that folks saw Him for 40 days after He went to the Father.

That alone should tell you something............
I mean come on now. lol... Do you think the Father said hey Son - you are not ever to set foot in that earth again ....No sir I dont believe this is true.

There is No Scripture that says Jesus can Not show Him self to us. No sir not one.
Yes you can arguer that Jesus and God are one - However scripture says Jesus sits on the Right side of the Father.......( Mark 16:19 )

They say we can not see God with these natural eyes but nothing about Jesus in this new body.
Blessings
Jim

Jim. I want you to know what a blessing you are. Because of your comments I am allowed to open up the Word of God and get it out to all how read what we say!

Your comment was...........
"She said she saw Jesus - You quote seeing God - I dunno but from here it looks as if you are talking about something different all together."

John 14:6& 7........
"Let not your heart be troubled; ye belieive in God, believe also in me".
"If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also, and from ye know Him and have seen Him".

Luke 16:19...........
“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, He was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God."

The Bible says in Luke 22:69.......
"Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God”.

Matthew 26:63-66.........
"But Jesus was silent. Then the high priest said to him, "I put you under oath before the living God, tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God." Jesus said to him, "You have said so. But I tell you, From now on you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Hebrews 8:1..............
"Now of the things which we spoken this is the main point: We have a high priest, who is set on the right hand o throne of the Majesty in heaven".

So then according to the Scriptures, Jesus is in fact God! Where is He????? The Bible sayis that He is sitting at the right hand of God in heaven as our advocate.

Then we have this comment............
"Jesus first born again man ( revelation 1:5 )
It is in this body that folks saw Him for 40 days after He went to the Father."

Now that is Biblical. What the question was and still is however is..........
since there are no pictures or paintings or description of Jesus, how would anyone know that it was in fact Jesus that they saw????? Could it have been John the Baptist? Paul??? Daniel?? Think it through. How would anyone know who it was that they saw in a vision.

No human has ever seen Jesus in His true image as a spirit Being as stated in John 4:24.......
"in all of His fullness, glory, and splendor".

When God, the Word, appeared on Earth 2,000 years ago, He came in a veiled form. In his letter to the church at Philippi 2:6-7........
"the apostle Paul mentioned that Christ—Who had existed in heaven “in the form of God”—“made Himself of no reputation,” and took on the “likeness of men”.

Mankind saw an embodiment of deity as Jesus dwelt on Earth in the form of a man. Men saw “the Word” that “became flesh.” Likewise, when Jacob “struggled with God” in Genesis 32:28, He saw only a form of God, not the spiritual, invisible, omnipresent God Who fills heaven and Earth as told to us in Jeremiah 23:23-24.

Then we have this.............
"Do you think the Father said hey Son - you are not ever to set foot in that earth again ....No sir I dont believe this is true.

Zech. 14:1-4.................
"Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."

Acts 1:11 ............
"Men of Galilee," they said. "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

Acts 3:19-21 ...........
"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you - even Jesus. He must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets."

"There is No Scripture that says Jesus can Not show Him self to us. No sir not one."

I will let the above speak for itself.

If you saw Jesus you would not be talking like this to a random guy on the internet. You would be on the streets of Syria preaching. Paul did that with the Romans. Moses did that with the Egyptians.

How do you know that Jesus didn't simply reveal Himself to her for her own private revelation of who He is? He is doing this all over the place these days. She is not exempt from the Great Commission.

Jim. I want you to know what a blessing you are. Because of your comments I am allowed to open up the Word of God and get it out to all how read what we say!

Your comment was...........
"She said she saw Jesus - You quote seeing God - I dunno but from here it looks as if you are talking about something different all together."

John 14:6& 7........
"Let not your heart be troubled; ye belieive in God, believe also in me".
"If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also, and from ye know Him and have seen Him".

Luke 16:19...........
“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, He was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God."

The Bible says in Luke 22:69.......
"Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God”.

Matthew 26:63-66.........
"But Jesus was silent. Then the high priest said to him, "I put you under oath before the living God, tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God." Jesus said to him, "You have said so. But I tell you, From now on you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Hebrews 8:1..............
"Now of the things which we spoken this is the main point: We have a high priest, who is set on the right hand o throne of the Majesty in heaven".

So then according to the Scriptures, Jesus is in fact God! Where is He????? The Bible sayis that He is sitting at the right hand of God in heaven as our advocate.

Then we have this comment............
"Jesus first born again man ( revelation 1:5 )
It is in this body that folks saw Him for 40 days after He went to the Father."

Now that is Biblical. What the question was and still is however is..........
since there are no pictures or paintings or description of Jesus, how would anyone know that it was in fact Jesus that they saw????? Could it have been John the Baptist? Paul??? Daniel?? Think it through. How would anyone know who it was that they saw in a vision.

No human has ever seen Jesus in His true image as a spirit Being as stated in John 4:24.......
"in all of His fullness, glory, and splendor".

When God, the Word, appeared on Earth 2,000 years ago, He came in a veiled form. In his letter to the church at Philippi 2:6-7........
"the apostle Paul mentioned that Christ—Who had existed in heaven “in the form of God”—“made Himself of no reputation,” and took on the “likeness of men”.

Mankind saw an embodiment of deity as Jesus dwelt on Earth in the form of a man. Men saw “the Word” that “became flesh.” Likewise, when Jacob “struggled with God” in Genesis 32:28, He saw only a form of God, not the spiritual, invisible, omnipresent God Who fills heaven and Earth as told to us in Jeremiah 23:23-24.

"Do you think the Father said hey Son - you are not ever to set foot in that earth again ....No sir I dont believe this is true.

Zech. 14:1-4.................
"Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."

Acts 1:11 ............
"Men of Galilee," they said. "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

Acts 3:19-21 ...........
"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you - even Jesus. He must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets."

"There is No Scripture that says Jesus can Not show Him self to us. No sir not one."

I will let the above speak for itself.

Jesus does reveal Himself to countless people in order that they will be saved. Why you deny this, only you know.

Please understand my sister that no one is out to get you or harm you or hurt you in any way.

We are all Christians here and have only your best as our prayers for you.

You I hope realize that on this site are several representations of denominational teachings going on at the same time.
Some accept the Bible as it is written and some allow for a more personal interpretation.
It has always been that way and it will always be that way.

Once again, I say to you that I have no desire to hurt you in any way. I just want you to understand the teaching that comes from God on all matters and not just this one. As a basis for that comment allow me to say.........

2 Tim. 4:2..........
"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine."

I say that so that all we know when another Brother or sister says something different than what you have been told or think, it is done out of their concern that you hear the correct Bible doctrine.

I want you to know personally that if I did not love you I would say nothing at all to you on your thoughts and leave you with them.

Also, a good friend, a best friend is one who does not always agree with you on everything but instead challenges you.

Dear sister,

Understand that many shall and have rejected Jesus so they too will reject you. Do not let those that refuse the power of God affect you. Rejoice that they persecute you. These know not the power of God and cannot understand the scriptures exactly like the Pharisees. Remember...

Mat 5:44-48 KJV But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.​

God loves you dear sister, remember that. :)

Softly. Just so that you know.........I have not and never will "reject" you. I am not quite sure why that would be said but you need to know that what I have said to you in love is that I do not agree with your thoughts on a particular subject but that in no way represents you being "rejected" in any way what so ever.

I have already apologized for any hurt feeling I caused to you so I hope that you and I are OK because I would love for you to stay here for a long time with us.

You have said that you are a Jewish, born again child of God and that settles it. There is nothing wrong with believers disagreeing on certain issues.

Last edited:
Jesus does reveal Himself to countless people in order that they will be saved. Why you deny this, only you know.

IF by the word "Reveal Himself" you are saying visually then I will say No!

Thank God, this question is asked and answered in the Word of God so simply that every soul can understand it. There are other questions in God's Word which affect the soul's welfare, and many places in the Bible is the plan of salvation made plain, but only one place is this question given word for word, and there, too, we find the answer.

Paul and Silas were in jail in the city of Philippi, and at midnight they sang and prayed until God broke down all the doors and broke the stocks which held their feet, with a mighty earthquake. The poor jailer, frightened and convicted of his sins, came to these two preachers and asked this question. Read it in Acts 16:29-31:

"Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

"What must I do to be saved?" "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved"!
We do not have see, or do we only have to believe!!! That is what the Bible says. I can not change those words.
There is God's plan of salvation, the only plan He has for every man, woman and child who was ever born into the whole world.

Romans 10:9 says...............
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

IF by the word "Reveal Himself" you are saying visually then I will say No!

People can say no all they like, but it is happening nonetheless. Nothing in all of scripture speaks against Jesus doing such a thing. In fact, it shows us that He has done this very thing. Think: Road to Emmaus, road to Damascus, upper room.

People can say no all they like, but it is happening nonetheless. Nothing in all of scripture speaks against Jesus doing such a thing. In fact, it shows us that He has done this very thing. Think: Road to Emmaus, road to Damascus, upper room.

Mat 24:26: ...........
"So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them. For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be."

It is true that He never gave a verse saying that he wouldn't appear anymore. He just stopped appearing to people IMO because ........
Hebrews 9:24-28.........
"For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own.Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin,but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him."

And the question is still........"How does anyone know it was actually Jesus that they saw"??????

Don't you deep down in your heart realize how much of a trick of Satan this has the potential to be my sister.

Rom. 10:17 never goes away.....
"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God".

Just as you said.........."Nothing in all of scripture speaks against Jesus doing such a thing."

Where does it say that He will do such a thing??????

God bless you for your work and thoughts! Be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back