Why Did God Lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I think I will go to KFC and throw a big fit because they are serving chicken...I will insult the workers there and then accuse them of being unkind for not serving what I want! How silly is that?
Christianity condemnes people to eternal torture for who they are. That is immoral.

End of story.

You came to a place to insult people you do not know because of their sincere beliefs. People that have in no way harmed you and only seek to discuss their faith with others believers? You are the one who is seeking to harm others, not the believers on this forum!
I'm not insulting anyone.

I am exploring your beliefs and offering mikd criticism of them.

If you can not separate your identity from your ideas that is problematic.

It is a false analogy.

Okay, let me make this more clear.

You are with a group of friends. You are the only one wearing a white shirt, while your group of friends are wearing a black shirt. You go to your friends, and say "what do you think about my white shirt?", Your friends will say "It would be more preferrable if you wear a black shirt." You call them stupid for saying that, and even thinking that. You are the one that is wrong for asking them in the first place. This is what me and mitspa are getting at. You are asking the wrong people for the answer you are looking for.

if you want to get the answer of "yeah, the white shirt looks good", then you should go to some other group of friends who will agree with you.

I'm not insulting anyone.

I am exploring your beliefs and offering mikd criticism of them.

If you can not separate your identity from your ideas that is problematic.
Furthermore it is hypothetical.

I am expected to have my lack of belief critically examined, but you don't allow the same for your beliefs?

Furthermore it is hypothetical.

I am expected to have my lack of belief critically examined, but you don't allow the same for your beliefs?
No one accepts you as the judge...don't you understand that? Your not in a position to judge anyone...:cautious:

Repetition doesn't make something correct.

If you ask for their feedback, DO NOT argue with them. You are insulting them because they are giving you feedback.

Would it be right for you to ask one of your friend "what should I wear to an interview" and your friend says "You should wear this and that", and you call them stupid? That is not right. Why did you even ask your friend for feedback in the first place if you are going to disagree with them??!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back