Church Worship Music

That sounds a bit extreme but yea Ive heard that too. I have not been to a church of christ service so cannot tell you what its like to worship without any accompaniement but yes there are churches that dont have any musicians at all. Or if they do, they repress their musical insturment playing abilities. Which is a bit sad if you are a believer AND a musician.

I would love to go to a church that sang prasies to the Lord with harps. If there is any such church, please let me know.

I am useless at piano and can only play guitar by ear.

Yet I do understand it without going to the original languages, why? Because the Holy Spirit reveals truth to me as I read the Bible, again without learning the original languages.

If you notice, I said in the beginning of this thread that for me, fog machines and light effects cross into the realm of entertainment. That is my opinion. I do not believe that I have ever come down on a church that uses those things. As my marriage counselor says, people can have an opinion, it doesn't mean that they are coming down on you for having that opinion.

It's just not for me, so I will not attend a church such as that. I have attended churches (I even said so) that have contemporary Christian songs for worship music. I even will sing along. They didn't have fog machines and light effects.

If a church wants to use those things, I don't care if they do. I just will not attend a church such as that.

I also receive Spirit-divulged truth from the simple reading of scripture, but deeper study and meditation brings another level of revelation, which I have lightly shared with you concerning the words for joy employed in scripture which reveal more of who God is, yet you desire to poo-poo it. Such is the state of poverty within the Body of Christ in these last days.

Many of those unsaved in church are family members, im observing, or friends of the minsiters children who are perhaps into music. Then these friends get invited to play in the 'worship team' but they are still unsaved. These youth may be into CCM but CCM never saved anybody.
Its only the gospel, Jesus who saves.

Good, Holy Spirit-led churches do not operate in ministry in these ways.

That is why we need to be careful of musicians in our churches...that they all believers, and the God they worship is our Lord Jesus' Father not the god of this world.

Correct, so don't throw out the baby with the bath water, either.

I would love to go to a church that sang prasies to the Lord with harps. If there is any such church, please let me know.

I am useless at piano and can only play guitar by ear.

I've no idea about churches Lanolin.

The most obvious thought to me to find a hymn being sung with a harp was to search for "Calon Lan" (a very popular and given by me several times Welsh Hymn) and harp.

I also receive Spirit-divulged truth from the simple reading of scripture, but deeper study and meditation brings another level of revelation, which I have lightly shared with you concerning the words for joy employed in scripture which reveal more of who God is, yet you desire to poo-poo it. Such is the state of poverty within the Body of Christ in these last days.

Your opinion which you are entitled to have. With that I will leave you to it.

Your opinion which you are entitled to have. With that I will leave you to it.

Yes, and it an opinion that is congruent with what God teaches in His word. I am thankful for the freedom I have in Christ, and my worship of Him comes with no condemnation, but with His abundant joy and blessing, and brings me into His very presence.

Yes, and it an opinion that is congruent with what God teaches in His word. I am thankful for the freedom I have in Christ, and my worship of Him comes with no condemnation, but with His abundant joy and blessing, and brings me into His very presence.

That same freedom applies to me and my worship of Him also comes with no condemnation but with His abundant joy and blessing, and also brings me into His very presence. Yet it is without fog machines and light effects.

There is no requirement to use those things to worship Him or to be in His presence.

That same freedom applies to me and my worship of Him also comes with no condemnation but with His abundant joy and blessing, and also brings me into His very presence. Yet it is without fog machines and light effects.

There is no requirement to use those things to worship Him or to be in His presence.

Right. So, you and others need to stop with the condemnation of such things. It is the Spirit-filled technician's pleasure to do what he does well for the Lord's glory. There is no displeasure in God with the clean heart uplifted in praise and his clean hands doing what he can to bring glory to God with all his might!

What hurts God's heart is the condemnation, and I see it leaking out all over the place.

Right. So, you and others need to stop with the condemnation of such things. It is the Spirit-filled technician's pleasure to do what he does well for the Lord's glory. There is no displeasure in God with the clean heart uplifted in praise and his clean hands doing what he can to bring glory to God with all his might!

What hurts God's heart is the condemnation, and I see it leaking out all over the place.

I have not condemned it. All I have said is that it's not for me and I will not go to a church that uses fog machines or light effects. That is not condemning anything. It's stating a preference.

Jim.....there are several Christian denominations that do not accept or condone musical instruments. I believe that the Church of Christ is one but don't hold me to it.

Hi Major!

The heavenly chorus is always singing and praising God. I like songs from the hymnal: rock and roll seems out of place in my church. Do you use the hymnal in your church?

Think I was suggesting that many find places other than churches the easiest to participate in a musical way in.
Ya know i knew you would think that was directed at you but in all honesty i was talking to others who think to much and judge other peoples styles. And i have not ever sees you say this.
Blessings my friend...and peace be yours in abundance!

Ya know i knew you would think that was directed at you but in all honesty i was talking to others who think to much and judge other peoples styles. And i have not ever sees you say this.
Blessings my friend...and peace be yours in abundance!

In view of one of Euphemia's posts, I fancy going into my tiny fraction of (I suppose) pidgin Welsh for this one as I think it works better.

Dim problem (no problem)

Apologies that I'd taken it the wrong way though, Jon.

Last edited:
Our God is holy and wants those who worship him in spirit and in truth.

Which is correct. And there is only one person who can know the condition of ones heart.....that is God and as long as the person is worshiping God in Spirit and in truth....then it does not matter what the style is.

As i read 1 Samuel and agree with what was said, in the case of praise and honor to God....this verse really does not apply to judging someone elses style of praising and worshiping the Lord. Matthew 9:13 Jesus tells the pharasee's to go and learn what is meant by "I desire Mercy and not sacrifice". And in a few passages Paul says that if a person eats meat, and is spiritually ok with it..then who are the rest of us to judge? The same can apply to style of worship. Becasue what matters most is the verse you quoted "God desires for us to worship in Spirit and Truth"

Blessings

In view of one of Euphemia's posts, I fancy going into my tiny fraction of (I suppose) pigeon Welsh for this one as I think it works better.

Dim problem (no problem)

Apologies that I'd taken it the wrong way though, Jon.

Oh i never took offense :) you are fully forgiven! So let it just roll off your back like water on ducks feathers

Blessings

Hi Major!

The heavenly chorus is always singing and praising God. I like songs from the hymnal: rock and roll seems out of place in my church. Do you use the hymnal in your church?

Rock and roll is a worldly pursuit. I have never experienced rock and roll as an expression of worship.

Aww i wish i knew welsh.
Thats beautiful.

I never been to any church that had harps. I kinda expected there would be, or at least zithers. I have a 10 string harp and also an acoustic guitar.

Most the churches i been to had rock guitars, amplifiers, sound system and keyboards and drums. One had shoved their piano into the backroom, they didnt use it anymore.
I dont fellowship there anymore. It was way too noisy for me.

I dont think judging what ppl eat is the same thing as discerning music.
I think its very important cause music is very influential and also, we need to beware that satan can seduce people through music. He likes to tickle ppls ears. After all, it was said that lucifer was a worship leader and used to be Gods special cherub in isaiah.

Cturltle, you say I apply scripture wrongly and then apply some other scripture thats nothing to do with music in your own fashion. But you actually misused scripture in the first place by misquoting it.

Im sorry, I dont agree.

Back