I believe factory farming needs to go!

I’ve learned a lot from the U.K. farmers in the last few days.
I fully try to support them by buying local but it seems they may well be out priced by big farms.
Apparently, YouTube sees more small farmers making more money doing farm videos than selling stuff

the world indeed is changing fast.
That's the problem with all small "mom and pop" businesses. You can get more for less with the big guys. I don't like it, but it is just the way it is.

Some people make crazy money with their own YouTube channels. I mean CRAZY money.

And I also didn’t know until yesterday just how much grub farms can make.

they really are feeding the world!

poverty is not increasing it’s actually decreasing because of improved agriculture.

crossnote;

I agree and thought it is interesting how you brought that angle up in this topic.

I don't know much about factory farming so in my thought is this a way of covering, but not replacing family farms?

And if I eat from factory farming chicken can I tell the difference from other chicken besides KFC and Popeyes?

Actually often I can, but then I grew up with farm raised chicken and other meats. It’s especially true of goat meat which is the sweetest tasting meat I’ve ever had yet to this day, I’ve not had the same found in any grocery store. Great care has to be taken when butchering goat meat because it picks up tastes easily.

hmm never known anyone eating goat meat. honestly never gave it much thought till your post :eek: lol
We raised nearly 100 head of goat. We had plenty of goat’s milk as well as meat. Dad also tanned the hides for leather.

We had a number of people that commented on the meat never having tried it before. All the comments were good that I remember.

hmm never known anyone eating goat meat. honestly never gave it much thought till your post :eek: lol

We raised nearly 100 head of goat. We had plenty of goat’s milk as well as meat. Dad also tanned the hides for leather.

We had a number of people that commented on the meat never having tried it before. All the comments were good that I remember.

Good one, forgiven! 😂 lol!

Chuck,
what other animals did your family farm besides goats? 🐪 🐘 🐧

lol! I never ate or developed a taste for goat, sheep, lamb or ram, and I do have all the respect for those who do enjoy Bible food. lol!

For me, I love my steak, hamburgers, buffalo burgers followed by alka seltzer.

I don't believe they are factory farming but family farming.

L😎L!

i have known of goats milk in fact first church i was pastor of a lady had some that attended.. she was not able to milk them the pastor me said i will do it :eek: .i had never milked anything before lol . i followed her instructions the goats and me both survived . honestly i prefer private family owned sector of anything over curations. my parents owned a store up till after i graduated. i should have took it over but. i was more interested in the pleasures of sin for a season

The only meat my body will tolerate is chicken or lamb.
After seeing a documentary on caged hens I only buy free range eggs . The poor caged hens have no room to turn round or even move. They just eat from a trough, lay eggs and poo. Ehat a miserable existence. It broke my heart. So I don't eat chicken now.

Good one, forgiven! 😂 lol!

Chuck,
what other animals did your family farm besides goats? 🐪 🐘 🐧

lol! I never ate or developed a taste for goat, sheep, lamb or ram, and I do have all the respect for those who do enjoy Bible food. lol!

For me, I love my steak, hamburgers, buffalo burgers followed by alka seltzer.

I don't believe they are factory farming but family farming.

L😎L!
I have a friend, a retired Air Force general, who use to hold a yearly exotic "meat" event. We are talking beef, goat, snake, alligator iguana, shark, turtle, emu, bear, buffalo, elk, and other stuff I never asked.

For now, it's limited to chicken, turkey, fish and the very occasional steak.

Rtm

The only meat my body will tolerate is chicken or lamb.
After seeing a documentary on caged hens I only buy free range eggs . The poor caged hens have no room to turn round or even move. They just eat from a trough, lay eggs and poo. Ehat a miserable existence. It broke my heart. So I don't eat chicken now.
You know, I am as pro chicken as the next guy, but how to we even know they don't like being stuck in a cage all day log? Have any filed a complaint?
C Lives matter.JPG
In the US, in 2020, we are 9.3 billion dozen eggs. That's a lot of eggs. I also found the below illustration of how may animals the US takes out for dinner:

Killed Animals.JPG

Something tells me that the are all living in the same horrible condition, until it's time....

Not sure there is a plan be for this stuff.

rtm

I have a worm farm.
Basically the worms are all in a plastic box that has holes in it. All they do is eat and poo.

arrgh! Maybe I should just let them free in the garden.

We have one chicken. At the end of everyday, she goes back inside her cage to sleep. She's allowed out but we have to close the gate to stop her from crossing the road (to visit the other chickens)

I live in suburbia, which is pretty much a factory farm for baby boomers.

I am supposing if you lived on a reservation, you might be 'free'. I don't know, maybe I am being conditioned! Well at least I don't live in a tiny apartment/tiny house. I think those places are a bit too small for humans.

What about those Japanese sleeping pods in Tokyo, for workers. Bees live in beehives but they often build them themselves. Apparently the hexagonal cell shape is just big enough for one bee.

I live in suburbia, which is pretty much a factory farm for baby boomers.

I am supposing if you lived on a reservation, you might be 'free'. I don't know, maybe I am being conditioned! Well at least I don't live in a tiny apartment/tiny house. I think those places are a bit too small for humans.

What about those Japanese sleeping pods in Tokyo, for workers. Bees live in beehives but they often build them themselves. Apparently the hexagonal cell shape is just big enough for one bee.
I'm "cool" with that. Basically, we have rooms in our house that the wife and I never actually have a need to go into.

Rtm

My mum said her family (10 including children, not counting aunts and uncles and grandparents) all lived in one apartment block room no bigger than a single car garage.

We had a housing crisis about 10 years ago from all the immigrants coming to NZ all crowding into homes and there still isn't enough housing (or affordable) housing for everyone so sections are being divided up so six houses are being built on one plot of land that used to have just one house. Next it will be high rise block and the inevitable slums.

If you have spare rooms in your house I'm sure if you rented some rooms out there would be takers in nz. The richest people are those that own hotels, apartment blocks and retirement villages. I once worked in several brand new retirement village apartment blocks were over six stories high and I wondered how the oldies would ever get down the stairs in a fire. Most oldies sold up and moved into the villages because they don't want to maintain a big house with empty rooms. But they never gave them to their children/grandchildren. Even though its very hard for people to obtain a home these days. They get more money selling it to a developer who knocks it down, rips out the garden and builds a big block of six flats.

My mum said her family (10 including children, not counting aunts and uncles and grandparents) all lived in one apartment block room no bigger than a single car garage.

We had a housing crisis about 10 years ago from all the immigrants coming to NZ all crowding into homes and there still isn't enough housing (or affordable) housing for everyone so sections are being divided up so six houses are being built on one plot of land that used to have just one house. Next it will be high rise block and the inevitable slums.

If you have spare rooms in your house I'm sure if you rented some rooms out there would be takers in nz. The richest people are those that own hotels, apartment blocks and retirement villages. I once worked in several brand new retirement village apartment blocks were over six stories high and I wondered how the oldies would ever get down the stairs in a fire. Most oldies sold up and moved into the villages because they don't want to maintain a big house with empty rooms. But they never gave them to their children/grandchildren. Even though its very hard for people to obtain a home these days. They get more money selling it to a developer who knocks it down, rips out the garden and builds a big block of six flats.
Good day Lanolin,

I often read your comments that frequently include something about parents selling their places of residences "But they never gave them to their children/grandchildren."

Is there, in your opinion, a moral obligation for parents to gift their residences to their children, as opposed to (like in your story above), selling the property to be able to afford to move into the villages?

Rtm

Good day Lanolin,

I often read your comments that frequently include something about parents selling their places of residences "But they never gave them to their children/grandchildren."

Is there, in your opinion, a moral obligation for parents to gift their residences to their children, as opposed to (like in your story above), selling the property to be able to afford to move into the villages?

Rtm
no but just seems the thing a caring parent would do, provide a home for their children and grandchildren rather than sell up and leave them homeless especially when there are no affordable homes for the next generation. A home can actually last for more than one generation if its built right. It's not like people are all living in tents!

But if your parents don't do this then we have a Father in heaven who will provide, He never said you had to earn your way to heaven. If that was the case then only rich people would have homes there.

If I recall Jesus was born in a stable and manger. There was no room at the inn and none of his family would open their homes to him when he was born. I think a lot of people seem to take their homes for granted. They may not be the first owners but homes were built with the intent of sheltering people, not so we could show them off in a house and garden magazine. Not that theres anything wrong with having a nice home but I sort of wonder what kind of people put photos of insides of their homes in magazines for everyone to see, especially if they not actually opening them to visitors lol

If you need to you would live under a bridge just to have somewhere dry.

I was thinking of my grandparents homes that they sold have other people living there now, I think they are still standing though they haven't been busted down although I don't have attachment to them since not growing up there. Maybe its different if you are born somewhere and you put roots down, not only in the home but in the land. If someone sold the land with the trees you planted (that were home to birds and other animals) and they cut it all down maybe you would have qualms. Or the next owners polluted the rivers with fish where your land is or stuff like that.

I recall at one retirement village, they had cut right into a hill to place their six storey building in and one time when it rained all the water ran off and flooded the building. I remember trying to establish a garden in the courtyard they had made but its very hard to do that when the water table is ruined and there is practically no soil. The roses and everything that was planted there didn't stand a chance.

Back