On Richness and Poverty

1. Agreed.

2. Leaders open themselves up to judgment by being leaders. If you don't want to be judged don't be a pastor. Then Christians open themselves up to judgment according to scripture. If you don't want to be judged according to scripture don't call yoruself a Christian.

3. So only give if a magical voice from heaven tells you?

4. When God is our Father we are taken care of. Agreed.

As I said to Rav. When God blesses us financially, we are to honor Him with our riches. Not ourselves. We live for Him. We work as unto Him. The only reason we are on earth is to serve Him. Serving ourselves is forgiveable. We are still in the world. But not to the extent that any sane person will judge as self indulgent > selfless.
You quote a lot words, but none of it is scriptural. You want what God says? I feel for you because you're calling the Holy Spirit a "magical voice" - that's just shameful. Then read this:

James 1:27 KJV - Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.

When's the last time you visited an orphanage or prision or widows? I can tell you when I have.

1. The joy from feeding an orphan > ownership pride from a Ferrari.
2. Good Christian = Toyota (y) / Ok Christian = BMW :whistle: / Naughty Christian = Ferrari (n).
Good Christian = no $550 suits / Ok Christian = 2-3 $550 suits / naughty Christian = only $550 suits.
Here ya go...

You have two $450 suits. You have one sentimental ring with 12 diamonds. Can you quote me where I say that makes you a naughty Christian? You are putting words in my mouth as do Jim and Euphemia. This is becoming a follow on attack from the faith thread. You three make me laugh.
Smiley-ROFL.gif

years? days and months why ? If it is about the rofl emticon I thought it went well with your statement.......dont you ? OBTW how old are you ?
Have a very wonderful day my brother KJ
Well that emoticon is something I would expect from you. As are your ''have a wonderful day'' lines after your sarcasm. You are quite an individual.

What is actually very funny is that I raised this discussion on the site you were at ''talk Jesus'' and every poster agreed with me. I can see why you are here now.

Well that emoticon is something I would expect from you. As are your ''have a wonderful day'' lines after your sarcasm. You are quite an individual.

What is actually very funny is that I raised this discussion on the site you were at ''talk Jesus' and every poster agreed with me. I can see why you are here now.

Actually that is not true. I have an account there. I stopped going as it chewed up to much data and I am not at my home so I follow the rules. I have been there and every poster could mean the couple 2 or 3 that agree and posted.

There was no sarcasm in my post. If I say have a great day or God Bless you or I love then that is what it means...
So God Bless You KJ go get something to eat and relax and have a very blessed day.
; )

It is rather difficult to help orphans if all your money went into a Ferrari. Then it seems rather hypocritical / self righteous to help them when arriving in your Ferrari. Then, it is not very Christian to compare works.

Me saying a magical voice is not mocking the Holy Spirit at all. You only give when you hear God tell you? Shouldn't we know? God is in us. That voice we waiting on is not God's.
1 Corinthians 4:3

It is rather difficult to help orphans if all your money went into a Ferrari. Then it seems rather hypocritical / self righteous to help them when arriving in your Ferrari. Then, it is not very Christian to compare works.

Me saying a magical voice is not mocking the Holy Spirit at all. You only give when you hear God tell you? Shouldn't we know? God is in us. That voice we waiting on is not God's.
This is your view that he spent all his money on the car. Now that would be kind of dumb would it not ?

Hearing God tell you where to plant seed is obedience. Yes we can give out of Love BUT also it is very wise to allow God to direct your steps. Not all ground is good ground to plant your seed in. It may look wonderful and have a band playing your song and beckoning you to come in but if God says NO this is not good for you or I have something else or no plant it here instead well it is always a good thing to do what He says

1. This is your view that he spent all his money on the car. Now that would be kind of dumb would it not ?

2. Hearing God tell you where to plant seed is obedience. Yes we can give out of Love BUT also it is very wise to allow God to direct your steps.

3. Not all ground is good ground to plant your seed in. It may look wonderful and have a band playing your song and beckoning you to come in but if God says NO this is not good for you or I have something else or no plant it here instead well it is always a good thing to do what He says
1. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hypothetical

2. I want to propose to you that our steps are either directed by God or they not. The randomness that exists is our will. Psalm 37:23 The steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord. Not 'may'. Not 'if we hear a voice'. We have scripture. Not 'we may have scripture'. We have a working brain.

3. What are you proposing? Sometimes it is not good to help orphans?

1 Corinthians 4:3
So Paul is saying we can live as we please? ''Let God judge me''. No offence, but it sounds like an argument from the GLBT camp.

I read it as Paul plainly stating that he could not give two hoots about what the world and even some Christians decide to do with him if they disagree with him. Paul knew he was one entrusted by God to speak on matters. You and I have his writings and the rest of scripture to instruct us. We need to pay more attention to the warnings he gave us, like Rom 8:13 and 1 Cor 5:12 / Following his advice 1 Cor 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Last edited:
You quote a lot words, but none of it is scriptural. You want what God says? I feel for you because you're calling the Holy Spirit a "magical voice" - that's just shameful. Then read this:

James 1:27 KJV - Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.

When's the last time you visited an orphanage or prision or widows? I can tell you when I have.

Don't know about King but I was at the hospital on Memorial Day and the Luthern Home for Adults on Tuesday.

By the way; I got there driving our 2003 Ford Tarus with 184,000 miles.

Don't know about King but I was at the hospital on Memorial Day and the Luthern Home for Adults on Tuesday.

By the way; I got there driving our 2003 Ford Tarus with 184,000 miles.
I give God all the glory for what I have. It's all His anyhow.

Your initial revised statement is actually not inline. It only addresses excessive spending and not actual value.

Precisely
the red font underline is where the difference is.
There is a law, a concept, which takes into account the DEGREE… how much to measure the DEGREE?

There is this called “Materiality concept” usually in Law of man, on Taxation: it takes into account the VALUE.

But there is also, this concept, the concept of “what is in the heart of man”… it does not take into account the VALUE….. but rather how much HEART, or how much LOVE we put into it….

that is how i see as to what Paul is saying here:
1 Corinthians 13:3
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

As mentioned, I agree in the Materiality Concept, it is usually found in Law of Man,
which we are to observed as well....horizontal relationships....

But there is also the Law of Love “what is in the heart”…. It involves horizontal relationship as well as foremost, vertical relationship: the heart of man towards God….and who knows what is in the heart of man….

Just a thought....

Precisely the red font underline is where the difference is.
There is a law, a concept, which takes into account the DEGREE… how much to measure the DEGREE?

There is this called “Materiality concept” usually in Law of man, on Taxation: it takes into account the VALUE.

But there is also, this concept, the concept of “what is in the heart of man”… it does not take into account the VALUE….. but rather how much HEART, or how much LOVE we put into it….

that is how i see as to what Paul is saying here:
1 Corinthians 13:3
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

As mentioned, I agree in the Materiality Concept, it is usually found in Law of Man,
which we are to observed as well....horizontal relationships....

But there is also the Law of Love “what is in the heart”…. It involves horizontal relationship as well as foremost, vertical relationship: the heart of man towards God….and who knows what is in the heart of man….

Just a thought....
Amen!! (y) (y) And many think by doing these things, they'll win favor with God like it's for sale, while boasting how "spiritual" they are by giving all their stuff away. That's still pride and void of love - well, except for self-love! ;)

Back