On Richness and Poverty

Actually, Jesus commended the rich young man for the good he did and told him he lacked one thing yet. He was not willing to give up that one thing to follow Jesus. That is why Jesus said it is difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
This rich young ruler did not get it. If we would have sold everything he had, and gave to the poor, he would have become much richer than he was before.
This world says sell and keep your profits for yourself, God say sell and give away, and you will get much more in return!!
Jesus's disciples heard what he said to this young ruler, and wondered who can be saved then.

Luk 18:26 And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved?
Luk 18:27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.
Luk 18:28.. Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee.
Luk 18:29.. And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake,
Luk 18:30.. Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

If we really love the Lord with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength we will do exactly what he says.

Brother not quite correct with this one. It was not about the money. Think about all the things jesus asked Him and the boy said he did themor does them....Not once was LOVE mentioned. THis boy had not ever heard of wealking in Love or loving the brethren and so forth. Giving his wealth away was for him to learn how to love and fall in love with people.
If this boy would have done this he would have replaced judus and become the treasurer for Jesus.
It was about the money in his particular case, because he was unwilling to give it up in order to have eternal life.

Amen for God gives "all things" "richly" to enjoy but a little bit of common sense in His ways would tell you that you are not just going to get things because you want them. Seek God and His Righteousness first then these things will be added.

By doing this you learn of His ways and have learned to put them into practice or another words lving them daily 24/7/365
Yep, we can not "pull the wool" over his eyes. He knows exactly what we are really doing, and what our hearts desires really are.

If the rich man had been poor Jesus would still have told him get rid of whatever vice he had. It's not about the riches, it's about making it your god. Anything you're not willing to give to your neighbor is your god. It's that simple.

Yep, we can not "pull the wool" over his eyes. He knows exactly what we are really doing, and what our hearts desires really are.
I personally think people misuse scriptures such as: "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you as well." And, "delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of you heart." If you are seeking first His kingdom and His righteousness and delighting yourself in Him, will you REALLY be thinking about and desiring worldly things like sports cars, jewellery and mansions to live in?

Exactly for God is not looking for perfection but obedience or an obedient heart. It is our motives that either move God on our behalf or keep us from moving forward. We can miss it by a mile but if we honestly said yes Lord and went to do what ever he asked and masde a mess of it we still get the credit and God will fix one way or another but if our motives are about us then we fall short.

I personally think people misuse scriptures such as: "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you as well." And, "delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of you heart." If you are seeking first His kingdom and His righteousness and delighting yourself in Him, will you REALLY be thinking about and desiring worldly things like sports cars, jewellery and mansions to live in?

Why do you go right to these things with this scripture Mykuhl ? When it says God gives us the desires of oour heart it is not saying God gives us what ever we desire or wish or want but it does say that our desires now will be from God or Godly desires.

Seeking God first means living and doing life His way. Then these things such as new house or car or clothes or spouse and so forth will be added which is always a blessing or Blessed.
Another words our mind and heart is fixed on God and not our needs.

It was about the money in his particular case, because he was unwilling to give it up in order to have eternal life.

If you want to believe it was all about money then so be it but it goes way beyond this.
No one gives unto others unless they first love others. Let me be more clear here freely and joyfully give unto others and not forced. lol Just did not want to give you the wrong idea.

Look at the commandmenst Mykuhl....What are the first three ? Did Jesus ask this person about these ? No He did not because this person had no clue about Love for he had not ever heard or been taught.

This person could have become spitting mad with Jesus over this and thought Jesus was nuts or mean and simply said never the less it is Jesus or the Mastor so I will do what he asked and so forth. Soon His anger would have been full of Joy beyond measure and he would have become Jesus new treasurer and become the newest disciple. His choice cost him dearly.

Why do you go right to these things with this scripture Mykuhl ? When it says God gives us the desires of oour heart it is not saying God gives us what ever we desire or wish or want but it does say that our desires now will be from God or Godly desires.

Seeking God first means living and doing life His way. Then these things such as new house or car or clothes or spouse and so forth will be added which is always a blessing or Blessed.
Another words our mind and heart is fixed on God and not our needs.
Jim, I went right to these things with these verses because you seem to be saying that a man or woman that is living these verses can have the mentality of desiring those things, that it is a good and fitting mentality and that God will give it to them as blessings.

If we ask anything according to his will he hears us, and what ever we ask for we receive from him because we keep his commandments and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. We can not please God with out faith, and we are not going to get anything that is not his will for us to have. How can a man ask in faith unless he already knows it is God's will? He can not!! The only way to get what the Lord does not want us to have is to use the "arm of the flesh" to get it. I am not about to go that route as it leads to many other problems that are not good in the end.

That's not 100% accurate. When you get closer to the Lord, you really don't care about things of this world in the same sense the world cares about them. But as an obedient child of God, everything is yours. No one who follows the Lord will be lead into poverty or needing food. Those verses say exactly what they say and mean exactly what they mean. As with anything with God, the society in which you live will determine the level of this richness. In the "West" you have all the freedom to get anything God has to offer, but in other places like China, Vietnam, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, etc. you're limited because to be obedient to God is to be disobedient to the government - so you'll suffer loss, but gain in heaven. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water :)

Jim, I went right to these things with these verses because you seem to be saying that a man or woman that is living these verses can have the mentality of desiring those things, that it is a good and fitting mentality and that God will give it to them as blessings.

No I said a Believer can desire these things and not be in sin. There is nothing wrong with them enjoying these things. The believers that end up with them through God are the ones who have learned how to walk in His ways which includes giving.

No where in His wrod does it condemn a believer for having material things even costly things but it does condemn the LOVE of these things. In the way most people think they will say the believer who cleans the church for a living should not be driving a mercedes 700
for after all he only cleans the church and should drive a modest car.

Well he did not get this car on what he makes cleaning the church but he did get this car because he walks in His ways and gives and loves and so forth and God knew he desired this car and would enjoy this car so God gave him this car. This in no way is an insult on God.

If we ask anything according to his will he hears us.
That too is not scriptural.

2 Corinthians 1:20 (KJV)
For all the promises of God in him [are] yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.​

Romans 8:32 (KJV)
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?​

These verses don't come with caveats like your statement. In the natural, if you are obedient to your parents will they not try their very best to give you all you WANT? Why? Because they know you'll be responsible with it. If you're disobedient, living in sin, to your parents, will they help you enable that sin? No. It is no difference with God.

Ephesians 3:19-21 (KJV)
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him [be] glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.​

The question then is, are you obedient to God? If you need a car to get around and you pray for a ferrari and you're not obedient to God in your finances, the Spirit will pray for you to get a pinto. It's all about YOUR level of maturity in God. You don't NEED a ferrari and the Spirit knows this. But if you're obedient to Him when you ask Him about your finances and what to do, and you tithe and give offerings, you're going to have the ability to buy your own ferrari. It's God's economics. Obey in all, you can have all. Read the Proverbs, it's all clearly spelled out. We in the West have this microwave mentality - I want it and I want it now. God sees that foolishness and responds in kind.

I used to get wound up about buying the correct car. I'd study the types of vehicles, pray and pray and pray, until one day God said, "You can get whatever you want, if you trust me." So I bought the car I wanted, and it never faltered once. Because of my job, some countries don't allow you to import used cars, so I'd have to go through this again. Again I asked the Lord what should I do and while we were tight on funds one time, I asked the Lord for a DVD player (for the kids) and the payments to be under a certain amount. Both were given to me - though I had to haggle for 3 hours - I got what I wanted. That vehicle was in five different countries and I started to have very minor issues with it so I sold it took the money and upgraded. God will bless you in every way if you're responsible, thinking of Him first, and obedient. There's just no getting around it. Think with the Spirit not like the world.

For all the promises of God in him [are] yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.​

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?​

These verses don't come with caveats like your statement. In the natural, if you are obedient to your parents will they not try their very best to give you all you WANT? Why? Because they know you'll be responsible with it. If you're disobedient, living in sin, to your parents, will they help you enable that sin? No. It is no difference with God.

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him [be] glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.​

The question then is, are you obedient to God? If you need a car to get around and you pray for a ferrari and you're not obedient to God in your finances, the Spirit will pray for you to get a pinto. It's all about YOUR level of maturity in God. You don't NEED a ferrari and the Spirit knows this. But if you're obedient to Him when you ask Him about your finances and what to do, and you tithe and give offerings, you're going to have the ability to buy your own ferrari. It's God's economics. Obey in all, you can have all. Read the Proverbs, it's all clearly spelled out. We in the West have this microwave mentality - I want it and I want it now. God sees that foolishness and responds in kind.

I used to get wound up about buying the correct car. I'd study the types of vehicles, pray and pray and pray, until one day God said, "You can get whatever you want, if you trust me." So I bought the car I wanted, and it never faltered once. Because of my job, some countries don't allow you to import used cars, so I'd have to go through this again. Again I asked the Lord what should I do and while we were tight on funds one time, I asked the Lord for a DVD player (for the kids) and the payments to be under a certain amount. Both were given to me - though I had to haggle for 3 hours - I got what I wanted. That vehicle was in five different countries and I started to have very minor issues with it so I sold it took the money and upgraded. God will bless you in every way if you're responsible, thinking of Him first, and obedient. There's just no getting around it. Think with the Spirit not like the world.

There is such a thing as Spiritual Laws and Kingdom Laws. It does not matter if you believe in them or do not believe in them for they are always there to fulfill what they were created to do. These laws will work for any one who puts them into being or another words does what is needed to activate them on your behalf. God has a system of His own and it is always healthy and working unlike the worldy system which has it's ups and downs and so forth.

Last edited:

Brother, what do you consider, "according to his will?"
Is it according to how we are suppose to ask, or are we to ask knowing it is his will for us to have it? I believe it is both! We will never receive unless we ask in faith, and we will NEVER receive if it is not God's will for us to have it. We only ask for things we know God has already given us according to his promises. Anything else is just a waste of time that yields nothing.

Jas 4:3.. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

As for me I owe no man anything except to love him. I am not in debt and have not creditors or credit cards. I am totally free from this worlds system. All I can do is thank God for his provisions in his Word, and without them I would still be in bondage to them.

Brother, what do you consider, "according to his will?"
Is it according to how we are suppose to ask, or are we to ask knowing it is his will for us to have it? I believe it is both! We will never receive unless we ask in faith, and we will NEVER receive if it is not God's will for us to have it. We only ask for things we know God has already given us according to his promises. Anything else is just a waste of time that yields nothing.

Jas 4:3.. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
Then say that. Your statement leaves a level of doubt hanging out there... "Oh I guess it wasn't God's will I get healed..." See the difference? State: If you are obedient to God then you can have it all. Symantecs I know, but a very distinct one. One is done in faith other is not.

KJ,
1. Once again you are speaking from a narrowe minded view and have no real understanding.
2. You say because a pastor has nice things or fasncy things then he is in sin because of all this other stuff. What have you done ? How much have you helped?
3. Further more until you actually know what any pastor hasd done or what God has directed the pastor to do you really should just be quiet. Everything you speak about any of this is simply your own view and lacks wisdom.
1. Jims modus operandi 101...
2. I did not say he is sin. I have said he is a Christians behind. Ie His Christianity stinks to heaven and back.
3. So pastors are beyond reproach? Hehe. Fat chance. No Christian is beyond correction / judgment. A Christian opens themselves up to judgment. Scripture says 'helping orphans and widows is religion undefiled'. Scripture says 'if you live according to the flesh you will die'.

I am being a loving brother, looking out for pastors about to die.

1. Jims modus operandi 101...
2. I did not say he is sin. I have said he is a Christians behind. Ie His Christianity stinks to heaven and back.
3. So pastors are beyond reproach? Hehe. Fat chance. No Christian is beyond correction / judgment. A Christian opens themselves up to judgment. Scripture says helping orphans and widows is religion undefiled. Scripture says if you live after the lusts of the flesh you will die.

I am being a loving brother, looking out for pastors about to die.

No one has said pastors are above reproach
Pastors having nice things is not lust of the flesh
You said a Christian who drives a fancy car is no christian at all.
Ok scriptures says to do these things.........so we must become poor our selves to do so or give back what God gave us because it is not Godly to have it for others need.

Brother I used to be bothered when I got blessed and others around me did not. Then God set me free. I should not ever be ashmaed of what He has done for me or hide it. I should ware His blessings joyfully giving Him all the glory.

Stop ASSUMING that those who have fancy things have not given. This is simply something you are pushing and have no grounds to work with.
Blessings KJ
Jim

Back