Panhandling Everywhere

I thought people in the Southern states of America were as poor as the people in Africa, apparently it' really like a 3rd world country there.

Only some of the people would be shopping with EBT cards and watching HD tv, though they have it available, it doesn't mean they can actually afford it. They are probably getting it off their richer mates who are feeling sorry for them. I wouldn't presume that everyone in the US is rich.

BTW we don't have EBT cards or HD tv in nz. Most people have freeview and don't pay for tv. They can rent a tv set if they want though. It might work out cheaper than buying a brand new one.

As for phones they can be cheap to come buy but its the plan that bleeds money. So they might have a cheap phone that looks flash but they still need to pay the bills on it. Most people would use a phone for work purposes though and the company would pay for it.

Also, people can hire new looking cars and not buy them outright, so they don't actually own the cars. Not everyone that looks rich, is actually rich.

BTW we don't have EBT cards or HD tv in nz. Most people have freeview and don't pay for tv. They can rent a tv set if they want though. It might work out cheaper than buying a brand new one.

As for phones they can be cheap to come buy but its the plan that bleeds money. So they might have a cheap phone that looks flash but they still need to pay the bills on it. Most people would use a phone for work purposes though and the company would pay for it.

Also, people can hire new looking cars and not buy them outright, so they don't actually own the cars. Not everyone that looks rich, is actually rich.
My wife and I for a long time had nothing. Nothing but kids to feed. Guess what we did? We worked, invested what we could and when she died we had a house and two decent cars paid for. I still have the house and a nice car. Investments arnt doing as well right now but are there and working. How much of my money do I need to give to the lazy to make you happy?

My wife and I for a long time had nothing. Nothing but kids to feed. Guess what we did? We worked, invested what we could and when she died we had a house and two decent cars paid for. I still have the house and a nice car. Investments arnt doing as well right now but are there and working. How much of my money do I need to give to the lazy to make you happy?
what is YOUR problem?

I never said you had to give money to the lazy to make ME happy.

?! I don't care what you do with your money or how nice your car is.

Nice cars do break. My brother had a 'nice car' and had to pay repairs cos it constantly broke lol even though was brand new. It was a money pit.
In the end he had to keep driving a loan car cos his brand new car was constantly going in for repairs, not being able to handle nz roads.

define poor? you have a lot to learn about the united states everyone is different
they live in poverty and don't have enough to make ends meet.
There are a lot of poor in the US. Hurricane Katrina and also the GFC highlighted this. Lots of crime and joblessness. This is why you are seeing a lot of panhandlers...rich people obviously don't need to go begging.

Also, in the cities there are slums. They might be living next door to a multibillionaire heirs but they are under the bridge. I guess for some its out of sight, out of mind...but the poor are in the US. There's also the working poor. They work hard all their lives and still struggle.

And we hear an awful lot about migrants, who are even poorer, but they do go to the US to find work because, if they stay in their own countries, they also cannot afford roof over their head.

In the US they have housing projects and they are poor as, like they will build the bare minimum of amenities (which often break and don't last) and people join gangs or go into the drug trade because they cannot find decent jobs. So yea a lot to learn about poverty in the US. A book to read if you haven't already is 'Nickle and Dimed'

If you are ignorant about poverty in your own country, then you are not doing anything about it but just complaining.

If he is starving he will eat it.
Kids ought to eat their broccolli cos its like $9 a head.

Children often don't know how much it costs to grow food and get it to them...thats why garden education is important. Sure it might be cheaper to eat JUNK FOOD but thats another problem.

I'm heading up to the supermarket after school to fetch some free 'little gardens' they are donating to us. It's so children can learn to grow their own food.

I always thought this should start from young so they will have that life skill. When I was in school I did not learn horticulture till I was about 14 and they did not teach us to grow stuff..schools are taught in a very useless way when I was in high school - the system was very flawed. I think they just thought everyone was going to be robots working in a factory or the very few would go on to university and be professors (which are no longer needed) because what else was school for.

We could have just stayed home and run our own businesses. The girls could have just not been educated at all, learned how to cook and clean and have babies. Right? lol

I do feel sorry for rich people sometimes with their problems of 'oh no property prices are falling which means if we sell our excess homes, we can't get as much as we paid for it'. It gives them nightmares, also, what to do with all their STUFF?

But you know, the Bible talks about making friends with those who worship mammon so that they can let you into their lasting habitations when they die. hmm

I thought people in the Southern states of America were as poor as the people in Africa, apparently it' really like a 3rd world country there.

Only some of the people would be shopping with EBT cards and watching HD tv, though they have it available, it doesn't mean they can actually afford it. They are probably getting it off their richer mates who are feeling sorry for them. I wouldn't presume that everyone in the US is rich.
What in the world would make you think that people living in the "southern states" are as poor as people in Africa? I don't think anyone is as poor as some of the countries in Africa. Also, an HD TV is a piece of equipment, not a service. Well, it used to be both, but all channels now broadcast in HD (at least is in the US and even the southern states).

I do feel sorry for rich people sometimes with their problems of 'oh no property prices are falling which means if we sell our excess homes, we can't get as much as we paid for it'. It gives them nightmares, also, what to do with all their STUFF?

But you know, the Bible talks about making friends with those who worship mammon so that they can let you into their lasting habitations when they die. hmm
Lanolin, you really have an issue with the rich. I do not know what you mean by "rich," as this depends on how you define it.

Unless you were born rich, you had to work at it. You either worked harder or you worked smarter.

Granted, there are social/economic factors that contribute to poverty, but some of it is the fault of those who do not fight to get out of the cycle. Our current unemployment rate is 3.7% and the market now pays you $15.00 an hour to flip burgers.

Rtm

We have a brother that is self made 'WELL TO DO'. I have but a slight insight to the weight he carries and would not could not stand it. He is 24/7 busy all the time pressure.
I am thankful just to have enough and get along - that doesn't weigh on me.
God knows who can stand it...

People that have cars often are just too lazy to walk lol.

so define 'lazy'.
Help wanted signs everywhere but some would rather take government handouts and cry poormouth. That is lazy. As for walking, I dont have to because I worked, was smart with what I made and have had many different vehicles. You walk and be happy with what others worked to give you if you like. I wanted to do better. Some feel they deserve to be handed everything because they did the world a great favor by being born.

the American social help system is out of whack. i am all for helping someone who needs it .it seems that if i your working and trying to get ahead and need some assistance . they cut them off yet the person not working but living off the system . they get all kinds of help. but yes there are jobs out there. at my work place they hire them then later quit. this summer we even did a work force program with Mexico. brought in several Mexicans for finial assembly where they put the engines together (lawn mower ) good workers and dependable

the American social help system is out of whack. i am all for helping someone who needs it .it seems that if i your working and trying to get ahead and need some assistance . they cut them off yet the person not working but living off the system . they get all kinds of help. but yes there are jobs out there. at my work place they hire them then later quit. this summer we even did a work force program with Mexico. brought in several Mexicans for finial assembly where they put the engines together (lawn mower ) good workers and dependable
Two of the hardest workers I ever worked with came here from Kosavo. No shortage of work for those who want it.

No YOU guys have a problem with the poor.
It's because you are stingy. Look in your own heart. STINGY!

Pretty much. It reflects on you.

Many rich people are actually generous and compassionate. If you ask politely, they will willingly give their surplus.
Many poor people are working very hard. Some of them DO need to ask for work but when there are few jobs or they keep getting refused, they need to ask for help. Also they don't get paid much to make ends meet.

A person with a drug problem has had trauma in their lives. They need a saviour, not your judgment. You don't know what they've been through. Even the thief on the cross realised Jesus was King. So...?

When you go fishing with an empty net is that not pan handling? Don't you hope that the fish will get caught in your net? Did you give anything to the fish? No? Then what is your problem.

I am appalled by your guys attitudes on here.

Truly, you make it seem like you have to earn your salvation. With money.

Did you give any money to God to receive his wonderful Grace?

Back