Journal The Garage

Time for a serious post... I cannot believe we are on page 24 already. The time has truly flown by. This journal has gone from simply a jigsaw puzzle diary to so much more. I appreciate the humour and fellowship that happens here..... and...and... and... no one ever gets in trouble for being OFF TOPIC. HAHAHA.

Yesterday I had a conversation with my neighbour. There are two houses right across from where I am... and both are happily married older couples. All of us have gotten close over these last 9 years... and this summer... we seem to have bonded even deeper. None of them are believers... and so I simply bring my JOY to the table... and when the opportunity presents itself... I make everyone aware that I am a Christian. Neither of them have a clue what that means.

This conversation I had was interesting because it was the FIRST time I shared my traumatic childhood and experiences on a level /position of HEALING. it struck me that I was no longer suffering from all the things that went very wrong in my life. I was finally FREE of any painful emotion attached to my life. I no longer responded like a hurt and frightened child.... and so as I shared some of the things that I went through... I was simply sharing a factual event. There was NO more guilt.. shame or turmoil ... no more STRIVING... no more "trying" to be normal... without having a clue what normal was.
There was simply me... having survived it all... and now.... THRIVING. HOW is that even possible?? YET... it is... and I am so filled to overflowing with GRATITUDE that I made it... and I am ALIVE and WELL. My FAITH is UNSHAKABLE.... and my JOY runneth OVER. it just never ceases to AMAZE me just how mysteriously our HEAVENLY FATHER does much of His work.

For those who are deeply struggling... and cannot see a way out... I beg of you to HOLD ON TIGHT... for the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY has you. I PROMISE that things will get better and you will come across to the other side if you continue to put one foot forward.

For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Good morning my beautiful forum family...

I have about an hour to kill ( why do we say this??? HAHA )... before the church service starts on the radio.
I listen every Sunday... and it brings me great comfort to know that I have listened to the Word of God being preached.

We are already in the middle of July... Is it just me or is the time "flying by" ?? ( Haha crossnote ) Sorry... I couldn't resist.

It's been beautiful weather-wise... It is such a blessing to live on the lake because we usually have a cross-breeze that comes in off the water and that lessens the heat. I have noticed that I can only tolerate so much sun... and that even though I am drinking lots of water... I get to not feeling well the next day... so... I am needing to get my gardening done in the early morning.
bobinfaith ... You will be happy to hear that I have found some weeds. HAHAHA. They have been dealt with.

My tomato plants are a marvel to me. ONE little seed and they are now as tall as me with tons of flowers on them... Please come bees. I also am the proud mother of a baby green pepper... OH my goodness... that little blob is as cute as a button. I really want to give him a name but... here in Canada... it is not considered etiquette to eat family members. :D ( I see my green friend has still NOT received medical assistance ).

Anyways.... It's a beautiful day... that the LORD has made... and I am going to REJOICE and be GLAD in it.

God bless you all. ~Much love from Canada

It's been beautiful weather-wise... It is such a blessing to live on the lake because we usually have a cross-breeze that comes in off the water and that lessens the heat. I have noticed that I can only tolerate so much sun... and that even though I am drinking lots of water... I get to not feeling well the next day... so... I am needing to get my gardening done in the early morning.
@bobinfaith ... You will be happy to hear that I have found some weeds. HAHAHA. They have been dealt with.
Sorry, but lakes + sun + heat =

And after getting all comfy on that lush lawn, that is when I saw the
"STAY OFF THE GRASS" sign!
I don't know how I missed this... I was thinking.... it's not common knowledge that most mooses CAN READ... so you probably could have gotten away playing that card... OH really... there's a sign??? Stay off the grass you say??? So sorry.... HA.

Sorry, but lakes + sun + heat =
How do you post things that have multiple displays... that was a lot of bugs you showed us... HA.

Let me introduce you to our most famous bug... Hold on... gotta go fishing for a picture.

1720976012362.png

Meet our beloved Shadfly.... It has the life span of 72 hours... does not have mouth ( not sure what's up with that but... whatever )
lays all it's eggs in the water and then BINGO.... they all communicate on WHEN it's time to hatch. HAHAHA. They make a mess... they are attracted to light and the store owners have to hose down their store fronts ( like seriously... this is a thing here ).

Ironically this year... things were off kilter because the warm weather came early.... and they still arrived... but they seemed to just quietly come and go. Now that I think of it... I'm pretty sure I have mentioned these bugs before... I think it was Big Moose who commented that they call them fish flies??? I think that is what he called them... We also call them May flies... but they come in July. HAHA.

I am very sad to report that mother duck has gone and all that is left is egg shells... HAHAHA.... I MISSED IT.... and I think my neighours might have missed it also because they went away yesterday. I go to bed quite early so.... OH well... I sure enjoyed OBSESSING about it. HAHAHA.

Back