Journal The Garage

How do you post things that have multiple displays... that was a lot of bugs you showed us... HA.

Let me introduce you to our most famous bug... Hold on... gotta go fishing for a picture.

View attachment 11138

Meet our beloved Shadfly.... It has the life span of 72 hours... does not have mouth ( not sure what's up with that but... whatever )
lays all it's eggs in the water and then BINGO.... they all communicate on WHEN it's time to hatch. HAHAHA. They make a mess... they are attracted to light and the store owners have to hose down their store fronts ( like seriously... this is a thing here ).

Ironically this year... things were off kilter because the warm weather came early.... and they still arrived... but they seemed to just quietly come and go. Now that I think of it... I'm pretty sure I have mentioned these bugs before... I think it was Big Moose who commented that they call them fish flies??? I think that is what he called them... We also call them May flies... but they come in July. HAHA.

I am very sad to report that mother duck has gone and all that is left is egg shells... HAHAHA.... I MISSED IT.... and I think my neighours might have missed it also because they went away yesterday. I go to bed quite early so.... OH well... I sure enjoyed OBSESSING about it. HAHAHA.
Naw. We call them Mayflies. Fish flies are those things you use to catch fish.

1721005397524.png

I have one heck of a time getting them untangled from my antlers.

Mr. Moose... Have I got a deal for you.... I ordered you two of these.... so that you remain symmetrical.

You can tie these on each antler... and put your hooks through the slots.... BRILLIANT idea... and ... you will make a JOYFUL NOISE while you are walking... People might even offer to give you money.

Don't you feel the LOVE??????????

1721038110776.png

Isn’t mousse some sort of gel that most women goop on their hair?
DID you actually really say this??????????/ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... and still HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... oh my goodness.
Do you remember Brylcreem??? HAHAHAHA.

If you ask our precious resident Mr. Moose what he thinks of when you say mousse... This is what his answer is gonna be. Add a few peanut butter cups on the side... and we have a VERY HAPPY MOOSE eating mousse.

1721053088380.png

Last edited:
Ok so... Mr. Moose... I take it by your reaction to my SWEATER post... that you are NOT in favour of me knitting you an outfit... but.... BUT.... what about one of these for your sweet little head in the AUTUMN and WINTER??? Instead of EAR holes.... I can provide ANTLER openings. WHAT do you think??? I personally think the pompom MAKES the hat. :D

1721139765075.png

Hi In Awe of Him I do not like to worry you about this, but, when we were walking round the garage together, this morning, I noticed some oil on the garage floor. I think it was there from one of your visitors cars. Perhaps they should come back and clean it up, Mr.Moose might slip on it. Or get the snails to clean it up. Your visitor should not have done this to your lovely sparkling garage.

CLEAN up in aisle 4..... I repeat... CLEAN up in aisle 4.

Deliveries came yesterday... and I'm assuming the driver backed into the garage...
The good news is that the cupboards are full... as well as the fridge... I have added extra water due to it being so hot out.

Mr. Moose... Due to the extreme heat that we are experiencing... someone donated a pool for you to cool down in.

1721156354154.png

The snails have also been given a pool to frolic in.
1721156474877.png

Well.... This is not an easy writing for me... and as I begin... I don't even know if I will have the courage to actually post it in the forums. I am writing this in my private journal.

Most of my time here has been spent in this spot... the place I call the Garage. It's a silly place where many of my comments are addressed to an "imaginary moose and a box of snails". For many... this is probably something they don't understand... and I am most grateful that I have gotten some to play along.

In reality... my favourite animal is a moose. HA. Must be a Canada thing. I saw one once... years ago... They are massive and majestic.

Anyways... all of the above to AVOID what I need to say. HA

I have been here for 9 months... I have come to love and trust this place in a way that I probably don't even understand... because I have NOT been able to do this in real life. I have shared many joyful posts... and that is truly how I live my daily life. I live a very quiet life... a very simple life... a life filled with GRATITUDE and PEACE... and a life that I am fully in control of. When I say that... I mean... I don't see others on a daily basis. my activities are limited to walks... grocery stores... and whoever I meet along the way. I have one friend who usually brings me for my big shop on Thursdays... and then I have my landlords and my two neighbours that I am close to. I am kind... I am caring... and I am funny... Those things make me a part of my neighbourhood. I am known by my name... and I have a good reputation for simply being a renter.

So... with that said... yesterday was a really difficult day for me... due to the fact that I do not know how to properly handle conflict. That is honest... Conflict is something I never learned how to cope with... and over the years... stemming from "no one to teach me"... my coping mechanism was self-taught. I learned to shut down and walk away. I am 61 years old.. .and I have NEVER in my life ever TRUSTED another human being. I am not saying this for EFFECT or DRAMA. I know we all have a story and I am NOT a victim... but I have suffered deeply due to the fact that I am unable to connect in an intimate way with other human beings.

I have shared the amazing story of my supernatural experience at the lake 3 summers ago... where my mourning was exchanged for JOY. I did not make that up.. It is the truth... and OH how my soul needed that JOY. I swear... I have soaked in it... surrounded myself with it and swam in it. I still can't seem to get enough of this JOY of the Lord. The other thing that happened to me was the REVELATION that GOD loves me personally. That is what changed my entire life from sorrow to JOY... The knowing that this was TRUE. Oh my goodness. Understanding that God IS who HE says HE is changes EVERYTHING. It means EVERYTHING to me.

Not being able to TRUST anyone... makes for a very difficult and different life. On top of that... being an only child has robbed me from the skill of learning how to compromise. SO... fast forward to NOW.

Yesterday... I asked for HELP... because I knew I was in trouble. I knew I was shutting down and panicking... and I knew that meant...I'm gone... because the cardinal rule of my survival is to NEVER let anyone in or make myself vulnerable to ask for help.

My help came. That person does not have a clue that they quite likely saved my status within the forums. I am grateful that God seemed to have touched the heart of this person to properly counsel me as a Christian sister... with TRUTH... LOVE and COMPASSION.

I have BOLDLY called this place my CHURCH. I know that this offends some people... but honestly... this is the BEST that I can do.

A supernatural healing does NOT replace the LOSS of skills that one is left with after trauma and abuse. I am the same person I was BEFORE my healing... EXCEPT that I no longer suffer with constant and deep sadness. I am able to experience JOY.. and I now know that I am deeply loved by GOD... However... I do not know how to be part of a CHRISTIAN family.

I have basic skills of reasonable thought... I am articulate... I am able to learn... but I don't how to TRUST. I don't know how to be vulnerable and let people see the REAL me who is often very afraid at being exposed and known. So many lies have broken off me.. but there are some like guilt and shame who just don't seem to want to go away.

AT this point... I can't even see my keyboard through the tears... so I need to stop.

I do not desire sympathy... I don't want people to FEEL that they now have to treat me a certain way.I am not looking for likes... or attention. I am simply trying to keep it real.

If I can BOLDLY state that this place is church for me... then I need to learn to be honest with my church and I need to start TRYING to TRUST in a real way... so writing this was my tiny step forward.

I am going to spend a quiet day in prayer.

Hi, there, Miss In Awe of Him. Nice to read yer words and I know exactly how y'all feel. While we have faith and trust in God, human trust has to be earned. That comes to us from others who have pure intentions, no agenda and sincereness that we can rely on... and things that we can count on from others without having to ask. Trust in others can develop into friendships and that's what this here CFS Forum is all about. I got me some good friends here and I trust them all.

Now, that bein' said, one of the snails made it into yer garden and got lost. I TRUST that you didn't mind if I brought the critter back inside the Garage to re-join the rest of the family? She wuz checkin' out yer tomato plants and wuz wonderin' if y'all could share a small tomato with her family?
Y'all have a good day, now. 🙂

`

You have trusted us with this post. You said you had asked for help and your help came and gave you counsel as a good christian sister. You are beginning to trust, God is still working in you as He does with all of us. Stand firm in your trust in Him as He works to fully heal you. He loves you for who you are now and for who you will become as you continue in your relationship with Him. I am praying for you sister. May the love of God fill your life always.

Ok so... Mr. Moose... I take it by your reaction to my SWEATER post... that you are NOT in favour of me knitting you an outfit... but.... BUT.... what about one of these for your sweet little head in the AUTUMN and WINTER??? Instead of EAR holes.... I can provide ANTLER openings. WHAT do you think??? I personally think the pompom MAKES the hat. :D

View attachment 11155
Well I had concerns about the matching "booties". Not sure how they stay on the hooves! But a nice red tuque (is that what they are called up in the Great White North?) with a pompom on would be much appreciated. Good day, eh?!

Well.... This is not an easy writing for me... and as I begin... I don't even know if I will have the courage to actually post it in the forums. I am writing this in my private journal.

Most of my time here has been spent in this spot... the place I call the Garage. It's a silly place where many of my comments are addressed to an "imaginary moose and a box of snails". For many... this is probably something they don't understand... and I am most grateful that I have gotten some to play along.

In reality... my favourite animal is a moose. HA. Must be a Canada thing. I saw one once... years ago... They are massive and majestic.

Anyways... all of the above to AVOID what I need to say. HA

I have been here for 9 months... I have come to love and trust this place in a way that I probably don't even understand... because I have NOT been able to do this in real life. I have shared many joyful posts... and that is truly how I live my daily life. I live a very quiet life... a very simple life... a life filled with GRATITUDE and PEACE... and a life that I am fully in control of. When I say that... I mean... I don't see others on a daily basis. my activities are limited to walks... grocery stores... and whoever I meet along the way. I have one friend who usually brings me for my big shop on Thursdays... and then I have my landlords and my two neighbours that I am close to. I am kind... I am caring... and I am funny... Those things make me a part of my neighbourhood. I am known by my name... and I have a good reputation for simply being a renter.

So... with that said... yesterday was a really difficult day for me... due to the fact that I do not know how to properly handle conflict. That is honest... Conflict is something I never learned how to cope with... and over the years... stemming from "no one to teach me"... my coping mechanism was self-taught. I learned to shut down and walk away. I am 61 years old.. .and I have NEVER in my life ever TRUSTED another human being. I am not saying this for EFFECT or DRAMA. I know we all have a story and I am NOT a victim... but I have suffered deeply due to the fact that I am unable to connect in an intimate way with other human beings.

I have shared the amazing story of my supernatural experience at the lake 3 summers ago... where my mourning was exchanged for JOY. I did not make that up.. It is the truth... and OH how my soul needed that JOY. I swear... I have soaked in it... surrounded myself with it and swam in it. I still can't seem to get enough of this JOY of the Lord. The other thing that happened to me was the REVELATION that GOD loves me personally. That is what changed my entire life from sorrow to JOY... The knowing that this was TRUE. Oh my goodness. Understanding that God IS who HE says HE is changes EVERYTHING. It means EVERYTHING to me.

Not being able to TRUST anyone... makes for a very difficult and different life. On top of that... being an only child has robbed me from the skill of learning how to compromise. SO... fast forward to NOW.

Yesterday... I asked for HELP... because I knew I was in trouble. I knew I was shutting down and panicking... and I knew that meant...I'm gone... because the cardinal rule of my survival is to NEVER let anyone in or make myself vulnerable to ask for help.

My help came. That person does not have a clue that they quite likely saved my status within the forums. I am grateful that God seemed to have touched the heart of this person to properly counsel me as a Christian sister... with TRUTH... LOVE and COMPASSION.

I have BOLDLY called this place my CHURCH. I know that this offends some people... but honestly... this is the BEST that I can do.

A supernatural healing does NOT replace the LOSS of skills that one is left with after trauma and abuse. I am the same person I was BEFORE my healing... EXCEPT that I no longer suffer with constant and deep sadness. I am able to experience JOY.. and I now know that I am deeply loved by GOD... However... I do not know how to be part of a CHRISTIAN family.

I have basic skills of reasonable thought... I am articulate... I am able to learn... but I don't how to TRUST. I don't know how to be vulnerable and let people see the REAL me who is often very afraid at being exposed and known. So many lies have broken off me.. but there are some like guilt and shame who just don't seem to want to go away.

AT this point... I can't even see my keyboard through the tears... so I need to stop.

I do not desire sympathy... I don't want people to FEEL that they now have to treat me a certain way.I am not looking for likes... or attention. I am simply trying to keep it real.

If I can BOLDLY state that this place is church for me... then I need to learn to be honest with my church and I need to start TRYING to TRUST in a real way... so writing this was my tiny step forward.

I am going to spend a quiet day in prayer.
Trust is built over time and experience. Some trust easily, others take longer to build it up. Just know that we are all human and have our own failings. So there is a balance there to be aware of as well.

Psalm 118:8 ESV​

It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.

So you seem to follow this scripture very well. The thing is, though, you have to mix in love for others with this since is part of the two great commandments. Love will expose you to others, so work on that little by little and you will learn who is safe to get closer to and just keep working on the rest. Build and create and enjoy the ride.

P.S. I would think that the fire department you made meals for would think very highly of you as well.

Thank you to everyone who posted something. It was NOT an easy thing to do.

I had a beautiful day yesterday.... and actually spent it with PEOPLE... imagine that. HA. I took someone out for a birthday coffee. and then spent a few hours in my neighbour's yard. The wife is on holidays this week. I was invited in the hot tub and oh my goodness... we laughed so hard we were howling... that thing is big and so to sit in it is very difficult... and I just couldn't seem to get anchored... so I would continue to simply float away. HAHAHA..... It was so comical.

Today... I feel hopeful and have a better understanding of the concept of HEALING being on a continuum. Dave F. .. Your words to me perfectly described what transpired in the counsel I received by someone who took the time to pray first. There was NO agenda... NO criticism... NO condemnation... simply some thoughts shared asking me to prayerfully consider. I am definitely not used to that kind of communication... and it was indeed healing.

As Mr. Moose said... perhaps this is the beginning of broadening my territory a teeny weeny bit.

My confession amazingly took away all the panic I was feeling... I no longer have the feeling of shutting down and walking away. THAT is a FIRST for me... and I think it is a very good indication that something has changed for the good.

Back