Journal The Garage

Well.... I have 4 new peppers growing on the same plant that I got the first one. OH my goodness... I am shocked.
AND... I also have 2 of the other variety that I planted growing on one of the plants in the garden. I can tell they are different varieties because they are growing length wise. I had two varieties... both are sweet peppers but the other variety is a long red pepper. I was so excited to see that at least one pepper plant that I placed in the garden will try to give me fruit. I am really thinking of moving it over to a container but I'm scared to disrupt it's root system... so I think it will stay where it is.

The tomatoes are continuing to grow... I have many growing but I understand that most anything can happen. HA.
We had a nice rain last night and it's finally cooling down... so I am enjoying the LACK of humidity and so is the dog. Day 5 already... MY goodness the time is just flying by.

So... not much to report. Saturday is going to be a very busy day for me... as I am serving lasagna to my neighbours who are having their family reunion... happens every summer and it's a GRAND old time filled with much laughter. This family is amazing. I have never met a family that has radiated so much sincere love for one another.
The husband died 3 years ago.... and the wife did not want to live alone so she moved into an apartment building down town that has options for level of care. For now she is living independently in an apartment.... and as she ages and needs more help.... this will be available to her. They were married for 61 years. SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

The family kept the house because it will serve as the COTTAGE for the grand-kids are now having their own kids.

So... no stress... this will be no different than serving the fire department... the young adults usually order a ton of pizza to go with whatever else is being served. I will make a nice salad to go with the lasagna.
My sauce is already made and frozen so I will take that out to thaw on Thursday ... and then all I have to do is assemble everything... EASY PEASY.

Ok then... that's all for today.

Well.... I have 4 new peppers growing on the same plant that I got the first one. OH my goodness... I am shocked.
AND... I also have 2 of the other variety that I planted growing on one of the plants in the garden. I can tell they are different varieties because they are growing length wise. I had two varieties... both are sweet peppers but the other variety is a long red pepper. I was so excited to see that at least one pepper plant that I placed in the garden will try to give me fruit. I am really thinking of moving it over to a container but I'm scared to disrupt it's root system... so I think it will stay where it is.

The tomatoes are continuing to grow... I have many growing but I understand that most anything can happen. HA.
We had a nice rain last night and it's finally cooling down... so I am enjoying the LACK of humidity and so is the dog. Day 5 already... MY goodness the time is just flying by.

So... not much to report. Saturday is going to be a very busy day for me... as I am serving lasagna to my neighbours who are having their family reunion... happens every summer and it's a GRAND old time filled with much laughter. This family is amazing. I have never met a family that has radiated so much sincere love for one another.
The husband died 3 years ago.... and the wife did not want to live alone so she moved into an apartment building down town that has options for level of care. For now she is living independently in an apartment.... and as she ages and needs more help.... this will be available to her. They were married for 61 years. SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

The family kept the house because it will serve as the COTTAGE for the grand-kids are now having their own kids.

So... no stress... this will be no different than serving the fire department... the young adults usually order a ton of pizza to go with whatever else is being served. I will make a nice salad to go with the lasagna.
My sauce is already made and frozen so I will take that out to thaw on Thursday ... and then all I have to do is assemble everything... EASY PEASY.

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

This morning's GARAGE includes happiness, laughter, testimony and excitement. God fills us with those moments, and to share.

God bless you, sister.

It is no wonder that I often get very hungry after reading In Awe Of Him's posts.

Mr Moose's FAVOURITE song of summer 2024 and I have to say... I LOVE IT!!!!! DANCE PARTY.... The snails are going to want someone to play this again.... again and AGAIN.

Good morning my beautiful forum family...

Well... it's the beginning of a new week and already the end of the first week of August.

It has been a busy last two weeks for me... and I am feeling a bit tired... so I am going to
spend the week in quiet reflection. It's such a balance to be IN the world... and yet know
when it is time to step out and come to the QUIET place of the soul to allow the spirit
to get re-charged. That is where I am at right now. The heatwave we experienced took
a lot out of me physically. We are finally getting cooler temps and a nice breeze.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I hope to come back in a few days with some
inspiration and a bit more energy.

Mr Moose... YOU are in charge! HA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... and still HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I was "moose-taken" in thinking that I needed to WORRY about the GARAGE.
You guys have done well to maintain things in my absence. THANK YOU.

I am dropping in to report that I am in need of taking another week off. I am depending on Cosia and my beloved Mr. Moose to care for the snail family.
The fridge has been re-stocked... the cupboard is full of snacks... and there is a ready made picnic for ALL to enjoy on this beautiful Sunday.

Mr. Moose... You are invited to attend this special picnic that the snails have prepared for you. They appreciate all the free moose rides you have given... and want to show their appreciation... so RELAX and ENJOY.... I think they have planned a SPA day for you.
1723384491058.png

Good morning my precious forum family.
Thank you to everyone who ensured that the garage was well cared for while I was on "holidays".
When I started this little space... I had no thought on how I would keep it going for the full year as a JOURNAL
however... with the help of you guys... this space has managed to stay alive and will be a lovely memory in years to come. I am hoping that there will be a way to start a brand new thread for 2025 which will make this place even more special as an archive..with the last writing to be December 31st.
Anyways... this summer has been the BEST summer I have ever experienced. I have been on the lake for 9 years... and... I call myself a water baby ( meaning I love the water ) over hiking in the woods or the mountains. But this year... I have gone in the lake more times than in all the years combined. It's been a summer of such BEAUTY for me to partake in.

My little side garden was a HUGE success. Oh my goodness the JOY that my plants brought... I have been over the moon with AWE of how a little seed can produce what occurred with my flowers and plants. I really need to get the pictures I have taken over the summer of my garden transferred onto my Chromebook. I will work on that these next few weeks.
I have more tomatoes growing than I can count... they just need to ripen. I have two different varieties.. a cherry chocolate tomato and then a medium sized red tomato ( don't know the exact names ).... and the most unbelievable of all things to me is that pepper plant.... the same one that gave me that original beautiful green pepper... has another 5 peppers growing on it. Like seriously.... that thing is a power house. ONE plant... 6 peppers. UNBELIEVABLE. The other pepper plants that are in the garden have been crowded out by the tomato plants. I do have two however of a different variety ( long Mexican peppers )... and I have 4 of them growing... they are long and narrow.. with a much thinner skin. Those are almost ready for harvest.
I have one little cucumber plant that is slowly stretching out... and I have yet to count if there are any cucumbers on it. I will do that this morning on my daily check.
Anyways.... I enjoyed my REST time and LOOKIE what I found...

1723623525206.pngThis will be my first puzzle of the year. It's getting to be close to THAT TIME.

Hi In Awe of Him
Enjoyed reading your review of The Garage, the lake, and the garden.
Your garage is a very popular and enjoyable place
Thank you for sharing so much with us. Long may it live on.

Your next puzzle is beautiful.

God Bless you always,

I agree - this here 'journal' is a breath of fresh air and makes folks around here feel real good. Thank y'all so much.

Yer garden and plants sounds great and it will be nice at autumn harvest to know that some of yer food came from yer own garden.

Just watch out for the heat level in them long narrow peppers. My cousin Bubba thought that kind wuz somepthin' else and bit into it. He ain't been right since with tastin' his food and that wuz over a year ago. I think I actually saw smoke comin' out of his ears. He grabbed what he thought wuz water in a Mason jar, but it wuz clear 100 proof Moonshine whiskey and that made things even worse.

He went outside and let the garden hose run in his mouth and after 20 minutes, the cryin' stopped and he could see again. Y'all take care.

hot-mouth-vector-id165672807

Back