Journal The Garage

HAHAHAHAHAHA... Oh my goodness.... Bubba never learns it seems...

I remember hearing a tale that he once was attempting to make rattlesnake etouffee
He wanted the dish to be fresh so that he could show off at the family picnic... so he
went out a huntin for that critter.... He hid in the bushes and decided to sit... however
he did not seem to notice that he was in a patch of poison ivy. Pretty soon he began to
itch and by accident his gun went off and hit his neighbour's dog named Pickup.
Well rumor has it that this dog ain't been seen since... some say he ran so fast and far
that he made it all the way to the North Pole and is now working as a border crossing
agent!

1723718565488.png

My cousin Cletus seen another cousin, Jake, carrying a bag. He stops Jake and says, “Hey Jake what you got in that there bag?”

Jake said, “chickens, why?”

Cletus said, “If I guess how many chickens ya got in that bag there, can I have one?"

Jake said, “If ya guess how many chickens I got in this here bag, I’ll give ya both of 'em!”

th

`

It's Friday.... AGAIN.... and half of August is over. Only two weeks left of summer vacation for the kids.
School here in Canada starts the first week in September after what we call the "Labour Day" week-end.

The garden is beginning to fade and because I did not plant transitional flowers... I have some gaps of empty pots here and there..... however.... and OH MY GOODNESS..... WHAT an amazing and wonderful experience this summer was for me. I cannot even begin to express how IMPRESSED I am with what occurred.... and if I went back in this journal to the end of March when I first planted the tomato and pepper seeds.... I believe I used the word EXPERIMENT and that I was almost certain nothing would grow. WAS I WRONG!!!!!!!! HAHA.

Yesterday I spotted my first orange looking tomato. It's one of the small chocolate tomatoes... I have tons of larger tomatoes but they have a thicker skin and are very dense so I think I still have a week or two before anything happens with them. I just looked at the package and they are called "Rutgers".

I was supposed to take the summer off from cooking for the Fire Department... however... everything I needed for my meal was on sale this week so... I decided to start a month early. Pick up will be on Tuesday, August 20th. I still need to decide what I'm going to make for dessert. That is always a challenge for me... as I'm more of a cook than a baker but the two go hand in hand... so... I always ask Jesus to help me with that part.

It's such an HONOUR to serve these men and women. I get so excited... and I always ask Father to bless each and every one of these people and their families.

So... that is my little update.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week-end.

It's Friday.... AGAIN.... and half of August is over. Only two weeks left of summer vacation for the kids. School here in Canada starts the first week in September after what we call the "Labour Day" week-end. The garden is beginning to fade and because I did not plant transitional flowers... I have some gaps of empty pots here and there..... however.... and OH MY GOODNESS..... WHAT an amazing and wonderful experience this summer was for me. I cannot even begin to express how IMPRESSED I am with what occurred.... and if I went back in this journal to the end of March when I first planted the tomato and pepper seeds.... I believe I used the word EXPERIMENT and that I was almost certain nothing would grow. WAS I WRONG!!!!!!!! HAHA. Yesterday I spotted my first orange looking tomato. It's one of the small chocolate tomatoes... I have tons of larger tomatoes but they have a thicker skin and are very dense so I think I still have a week or two before anything happens with them. I just looked at the package and they are called "Rutgers". I was supposed to take the summer off from cooking for the Fire Department... however... everything I needed for my meal was on sale this week so... I decided to start a month early. Pick up will be on Tuesday, August 20th. I still need to decide what I'm going to make for dessert. That is always a challenge for me... as I'm more of a cook than a baker but the two go hand in hand... so... I always ask Jesus to help me with that part. It's such an HONOUR to serve these men and women. I get so excited... and I always ask Father to bless each and every one of these people and their families. So... that is my little update. I hope everyone has a wonderful week-end.

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

Wow, the year especially summer is going by fast, even faster as we get older. My nephews start and return to college next month and our youngest member of the family started 2nd grade yesterday. She's 7.

The Garage has taught me some new things about nature, God's little critters and beasts. I never heard of chocolate tomatoes.

Thank you for blessing us, In Awe of Him, as we soon go into Autumn.

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

I believe the turtle was showing off by being upside down and getting the attention of his fellow turtles. 🤜 😎 lol!

But the concept you share is so true. Elephants, dolphins, bears, dogs, monkeys, etc...come together to help a fellow animal, especially baby animals.

God bless you and for preparing and blessing the firemen who will receive a hot meal.

Yesterday I spotted my first orange looking tomato. It's one of the small chocolate tomatoes... I have tons of larger tomatoes but they have a thicker skin and are very dense so I think I still have a week or two before anything happens with them. I just looked at the package and they are called "Rutgers".
Two years ago, we planted a cherry tomato called "Midnight Snack". They ripened to a dark purple with just a little bit of red on their bottoms. They were awesome.
But not all purple varieties of veggies are great. A few years ago we tried purple green beans. We grew them and sure enough, they were purple. We picked them with anticipation of how good they might be, but when we cooked them, they just turned green like regular beans. Big letdown.
The orange tomatoes are awesome, though, so enjoy them!

Yesterday I spotted my first orange looking tomato. It's one of the small chocolate tomatoes...
Two years ago, we planted a cherry tomato called "Midnight Snack". They ripened to a dark purple with just a little bit of red on their bottoms. They were awesome. But not all purple varieties of veggies are great. A few years ago we tried purple green beans. We grew them and sure enough, they were purple. We picked them with anticipation of how good they might be, but when we cooked them, they just turned green like regular beans. Big letdown. The orange tomatoes are awesome, though, so enjoy them!

I'm still scratching my head over chocolate tomatoes. 🫤 Pray tell, what are they?

bobinfaith

Chocolate Cherry tomatoes are a unique heirloom that have a deep colour and complex flavour. 1-2 oz attractive brownish-red fruit is sweet & juicy with a refreshing flavour. Prolific 6-8' tall slender vines hold large trusses of seemingly endless fruit that will keep producing until the frost.

They look like this... they are my favourite type of tomato... the taste is unbelievable. They are also called the Brown tomato. My clusters are not as big as the picture but the colour is the same. I was clipping back my unnecessary tomato branches so I am anticipating that things will begin to ripen. I have tons of the bigger tomatoes growing and they are red.

1724146398151.png

Big Moose ... My favourite bean is the yellow bean... they are so tender.... the green beans seem to have a woodier texture and not as pleasant. I had a giggle about the purple washing out of your beans.... False advertising. HAHAHA.
Don't mess with Mr. Moose's vegetables I say!!!!!!!!!!

Today is a busy day.... I think I woke up my landlords using the hand mixer... ooops.... Oh well... doesn't happen often that I make noise so hopefully they have fallen back asleep. I'll blame the dogs. HAHAHA.

It's 5:30 am... and my salad is completed. Lots of cutting of all kinds of veggies... I call it my kitchen sink salad minus the kitchen sink. HAHA

My cake is in the oven.... It's a Strawberry cake... and it's made with strawberry puree... with a nice cream cheese strawberry icing. YUM.

It's also my neighbours ( directly across from me ) wedding anniversary. I did not know this until yesterday so I will set aside enough to make them their own little lasagna with salad and.... I stole some of the batter from my bigger cake to make them a small one that I will serve them... after the Fire Department comes to collect their meal.

I am well organized... so.... NO STRESS today.

Happy Tuesday everyone. RootedWithGod ... I have had you in my heart and praying for you. I will start putting my thoughts together tomorrow. You seem to be fitting right in here and OH my goodness.... you have found bobinfaith .... OH my goodness.. you are in for a real treat. He has a chair of honour here in the garage.

If you read a few pages of this GARAGE... you will notice that we do NOT discriminate here... There is a resident Moose who we dearly love ( he is partial to peanut butter cups )... We are also the residents of a huge snail family... Bert and Gert are the mom and dad... and well... you can go digging to find the story behind them... and their names. HAHAHA.

Love you EVERYONE.

Good GRIEF..... I hate when I mess up with my word spelling.... We are also the residence ( as in a noun that means HOME TO )
I do it all the time, brain is way faster then I can type. By the time I am thinking about line two my brain is typing the wrong thing.
What is funny is technical programming and computer language anything computer related I do fine.
But typing a letter or on a forum. The back space is used more then I care to admit LOL

@Big Moose ... My favourite bean is the yellow bean... they are so tender.... the green beans seem to have a woodier texture and not as pleasant. I had a giggle about the purple washing out of your beans.... False advertising. HAHAHA.
Don't mess with Mr. Moose's vegetables I say!!!!!!!!!!
That's right! Those purple ones were even more "woody" than the green ones, so not pleasant.
Today is a busy day.... I think I woke up my landlords using the hand mixer... ooops.... Oh well... doesn't happen often that I make noise so hopefully they have fallen back asleep. I'll blame the dogs. HAHAHA.
Hmmmm. Dogs using hand mixers....... I don't think the landlord's will buy that excuse. Or, those are some talented dogs. hahaha

Yawn, oh boy had to get up at 4:30 this morning. I remember when I was 20, 30, 40, maybe even 50.
I only needed 5 hours sleep. The saying: You are only as old as you feel. Obviously was not created by someone over 60 and at 430 in the morning :D

Good morning, Rooted;

Last week my wife and I left San Diego at 4am to avoid the LA traffic coming home to the Bay Area. We got past that but getting up so early was brutal.

We're not early worm people and enjoy sleeping in till 7am or 8am.

Perhaps you can take a nap later today. lol!

God bless you, brother.

To all you NON early birds... you would be appalled at my wake and sleep schedule... I am usually awake between 3 and 4 am.... I love the early mornings... but I am not into catching any worms.... as that is for the BIRDS... HAHAHAHA.

Please note... for safety reasons of the moose variety... we have moved all LADDERS to the shed with a padlock.

Today is grocery day.... see my friend Margaret day... and trying to finish up my first and early jigsaw puzzle day.

We are experiencing very cool weather these last few days.... Oh how I love that chill in the air that happens in the autumn. As long as we don't get frost so that my tomatoes can finish ripening.

Ok... so... not much to say... but I hope everyone has a beautiful THURSDAY. I will try to muster up something dynamic and interesting to say. HAHA. Stay tuned.

Up again 415am no reason really this time.
I am locked in a paradox.

In 2021 I met a man, his wife and son. That were in my trading group and you tube channel for stock trading.
He was new to stocks in 2020 but was a fast learner. I helped him establish his own trading Discord.
And for free helped counsel him just because I had done it quite awhile and I did not want to take on such a task.
At the time, my group and channel kept me busy. I would find out we are very similar backgrounds. And we both had sons that
were Autistic Spectrum over time we became stock friends, and he would talk allot about his life and we would become pretty good friends.
As good as one can be on opposite sides of the country. I am pretty reserved in sharing my private life ( in this forum I am open for some reason Christ keeps me safe here) . His group would grow and he would always ask me for ideas and thoughts often. And in 2022 I closed my stock group and channel. I had it since 2020. And people became toxic. So I went over and during the day trading I helped him coordinate the Discord.

MY background of education other then computers, accounting and law. Not a lawyer never and accountant. But these tools help me consult many business as a side job. And because we were friends. I just helped. I never felt used still do not. But as he grew he would put trust in other people. Some he would know in Discord a few months. This is how he makes a living his family runs this day in and out now. And the last year I think he is getting some very bad advice from people. But its his business and Discord an I have to respect it. I tried to help his burden by designing some software to help him not spend so much time. He and I are close in age by three years/ And I get tired watching him.
I do not think, some of these people have his best interested at heart. They seem to give him ideas that are making him work harder and longer hours. I have been honest with him, and he asks my advice but where he once listened he hasn't in awhile.
More and more I see them putting pressure on him ( those that are helping in the Discord). I worry his health will suffer and he can not sustain it.
His Discord in a year is making 900.00- 1200 a month with three people working ( his fam) And is spending 3k-4k a month for things that help it run that I know he doesn't need but persuaded but others.

My Paradox is a friendship was not intended but became a blessing to get me out of that toxic social media, as this was just helping someone and that was rewarding to do. The software I created I gave to him free hoping he would the other stuff he way paying for. I want to remain friends so I have backed off allot the last month giving him feedback. I have been very honest with him with my opinions, that he asks for but ignores. So I have been keeping my distance as to not ruin our friendship. But at the same time I feel obligated to try and protect him, but he is simply not open to my opinions any more.

I have a few times really messed up, by not backing off like I am doing. Thigs in my past dealings like this go sideways and I end up being the bad guy and lose my time and people I cared about. I am easy going and get along with anyone. But I have a real back pet peeve is I do not like to see people manipulated or bullies/cooerced. And I feel his desperation has put him there. But if I push this harder we may end up destroying our friendship.

I have been praying, and so far all that really come of guidance is walls are being placed in between him and I.
So I am simply letting that take place.

Life and People can becomes so complicated. I just wanted to enjoy stock trading a group with my friend.
And now that is becoming tainted as others move their will in.

I do hope everyone has a great day today :) Just placing this here, no particular reason. Other then its on my mind.

RootedWithGod ... I am honoured that you felt comfortable enough to post your thoughts in this humble little GARAGE. HA

When I first started this thread... I think it was with the intention of keeping a journal of sorts... but if I recall correctly... I was petrified of my writing style because I am so often random with my thoughts... and there was a strict rule about STAYING on TOPIC. Come to think of it... I don't think I ever got called on that... but this is because I was PETRIFIED I would.... HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Bob mentioned earlier that he can't seem to understand this thread.... and well.... in his defence.... HAHAHAHAHA.... This place is a lovely... free flowing collection of HUMOUR... RANDOM facts... SERIOUS thoughts... and LOVE... This place is filled with genuine kindness... and I am so honoured to be part of the CREW that hangs out here. So.... with that said... Thank you for posting.

I am on my way out... but there are two things that caught my attention about what you just wrote.

1. The fact that when people block us out/stop listening to us... ( for whatever reason ) it is usually an indication that their priorities are changing.They are perhaps as you suggest being taken advantage of by people who are not as well intentioned as you were and are.

2. As Christians... boundaries are important and necessary for us to be at peace with ourselves and God.

3. You have stated that in the past.... you have messed up by NOT backing off.... WOW... You are learning NOT to repeat things that have brought you heart ache. THIS IS GOOD my friend!!!!!!!!!

As the old saying goes... you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

The hardest part of loving someone is allowing them to make their own mistakes.... and navigating when it's time to step back and out of the situation.

It is NOT your job to PROTECT your friend. You have given honest counsel to him... you are free and clear to release this burden over to the care of the ONLY one who can do something... ( our WONDERFUL HEAVENLY FATHER )

Continue to pray for your friend... but continue to back off... and allow the chips to fall where they may.

The sun has come out and so I decided that the jigsaw puzzle can wait... and I am going to have a beach day.

God bless you my new friend.... I am delighted that you are being open and transparent within these forums... THAT is what makes
this place SPECIAL.

Now BOB is going to be even more CONFUSED as to what the GARAGE is supposed to be.... HAHAHA.

Have a wonderful day everyone.... BE FILLED with peace and GREAT JOY!!!

Tough love is called tough love because it allows the other to make mistakes that we can see coming a mile away.

I think you and I share this absolute DISGUST in INJUSTICE... Oh gosh... It has in the past... and still does DRIVE ME NUTS when I see someone taking advantage of someone else... I have learned to mind my own business and allow GOD to do HIS WORK.

Last edited:
Back