Journal The Garage

GOOD GRIEF..... GOOD GRIEF.... and GOOD GRIEF.... ONE piece missing... MY absolute pet peeve when it comes to brand new puzzles. I am so careful when I construct my puzzles... so I am almost certain I have not lost a piece... It was a cheap one so... I won't complain more than I have here....

FIRST puzzle of the season!!!!!!!!!!! AND YES... I know the picture is CROOKED... that is me being a rebel and deciding it does not deserve to be straight. HAHAHAHAHA

Attachments

• IMG_20240824_155053.jpg
    IMG_20240824_155053.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 1
What helped me a lot was envisioning two file folders..... One was labelled with my name.... the other was labelled with God's name. Every time I took on a burden or offence... I had to process it and decide if it was rightly fitting into my file or should go into God's file. At first I kept things in my file that I KNEW were not mine... but HAHA... the rebel in me just needed to hold it for awhile. HA. However... over time... and especially now that I am filled with GREAT JOY to overflowing and PEACE... in a world that is so broken and lacking... I find that most EVERYTHING that is not personally in my own little life to belong in God's file folder.
Something struck me reading this part. How "LIFE" and "FILE" had the same letters and mirrored each other and were two ways to refer to the same concept. Just found it interesting. May be a sermon in there somewhere.....

Like SERIOUSLY..... I bought these tiny potatoes... tri-coloured ( yellow, red and you guessed it... purple )
WELL.... first of all... they were full of eyes... I have a thing about those eyes... I don't like putting them in my food.... but even worse... when you cut the potato it had ribbons of purple dots and stripes..... HORRIFIC discovery!!!!
That would make an interesting potato salad!
The blue in the purple mixed with the yellow of the mustard might give you an eerie green color. :sick::confused:

GOOD GRIEF..... GOOD GRIEF.... and GOOD GRIEF.... ONE piece missing... MY absolute pet peeve when it comes to brand new puzzles. I am so careful when I construct my puzzles... so I am almost certain I have not lost a piece... It was a cheap one so... I won't complain more than I have here....FIRST puzzle of the season!!!!!!!!!!! AND YES... I know the picture is CROOKED... that is me being a rebel and deciding it does not deserve to be straight. HAHAHAHAHA

Something struck me reading this part. How "LIFE" and "FILE" had the same letters and mirrored each other and were two ways to refer to the same concept. Just found it interesting. May be a sermon in there somewhere.....

Hello In Awe of Him;

This is what you do. Take a photo of the puzzle less the missing piece. Then contact the puzzle company from the box and explain the missing piece and what they will do is ship you the missing piece at no charge. It may come all the way from another country.

Please don't tell me it's not worth it. This will be your witness to encourage all the puzzle lovers who experienced the same thing and gave up.

Then when you receive the missing piece you can file this under life instead of puzzled.

God bless you, In Awe of Him.

This is what you do. Take a photo of the puzzle less the missing piece. Then contact the puzzle company from the box and explain the missing piece and what they will do is ship you the missing piece at no charge. It may come all the way from another country.
The first puzzle I ever did was a 4 pack... I got it at Walmart... 2 puzzles were 500 pieces and the other 2 were 1000 pieces.

I don't think missing puzzle pieces is something to worry about when doing a GOOD QUALITY puzzle... and what you have described is similar to what I did... once. I was so upset there was a missing piece to my puzzle that I sent a complaint letter to the company via email just to make me feel better. HA... I did get a response and was promised another puzzle. They could not send the same puzzle but promised to send one of their choosing. IT was during COVID. I waited a year for that puzzle to arrive and it was not to my liking.

They have serial numbers printed on the boxes of puzzles. I had to take a picture of it and include this special number/lot number.
It was not worth the fuss. My puzzle cost me 5.00. It was on sale at Giant Tiger.

Now then... there are some GOOD QUALITY puzzle makers who number each and every piece. I believe Clemontoni and Ravensburger are two companies that offer shipping of a missing piece. But... I think the odds of a missing piece in a high quality puzzle is about 1 in a million.
I dislike doing second hand puzzles because I don't trust the pieces are all there.

I got a few free puzzles from the library and this is the risk I'm going to have to take. I have one puzzle that is 1500 pieces. That is going to be my October puzzle. I will be able to count the pieces before I start because it's a good brand and they have an exact puzzle number guide.

Anyways... haven't even had my first coffee yet... bobinfaith ... I threw the puzzle in the garbage. HA. It's all good... these next few puzzles are my PRACTICE to get into the swing of things.

The first puzzle I ever did was a 4 pack... I got it at Walmart... 2 puzzles were 500 pieces and the other 2 were 1000 pieces. I don't think missing puzzle pieces is something to worry about when doing a GOOD QUALITY puzzle... and what you have described is similar to what I did... once. I was so upset there was a missing piece to my puzzle that I sent a complaint letter to the company via email just to make me feel better. HA... I did get a response and was promised another puzzle. They could not send the same puzzle but promised to send one of their choosing. IT was during COVID. I waited a year for that puzzle to arrive and it was not to my liking. They have serial numbers printed on the boxes of puzzles. I had to take a picture of it and include this special number/lot number. It was not worth the fuss. My puzzle cost me 5.00. It was on sale at Giant Tiger. Now then... there are some GOOD QUALITY puzzle makers who number each and every piece. I believe Clemontoni and Ravensburger are two companies that offer shipping of a missing piece. But... I think the odds of a missing piece in a high quality puzzle is about 1 in a million. I dislike doing second hand puzzles because I don't trust the pieces are all there. I got a few free puzzles from the library and this is the risk I'm going to have to take. I have one puzzle that is 1500 pieces. That is going to be my October puzzle. I will be able to count the pieces before I start because it's a good brand and they have an exact puzzle number guide. Anyways... haven't even had my first coffee yet... bobinfaith ... I threw the puzzle in the garbage. HA. It's all good... these next few puzzles are my PRACTICE to get into the swing of things.
Oh my goodness..... I was supposed to pay attention.... I wanted to make my 1000th message special. GOOD GRIEF. I forgot to keep track. AWE gee... and now it's too late to edit #586. Oh well... the bears and cooler puzzle were my profound message. HAHAHA

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

So in other words you're not going to contact the puzzle company? Imagine the joy had you contacted them and they mailed you 1 piece special delivery from another country? 😂 lol! Ok, moving on.

Anyways, congratulations on your
1000th message! Let me know if you're missing any pieces. (Joking!)
🤡

Ok.... so.... I'm listening to this AWESOME... FANTASTIC.... MAGNIFICENT variety band that Mr. Moose posted... OH my goodness.... I love.... LOVE.....LOVE this type of music. THANK you Big Moose. You must be so proud of your sons.... a gift that brings GREAT JOY to others.

Anyways.... bobinfaith ... I do NOT want to be having to admit this... BECAUSE the puzzle is in the garbage. I really don't want to hear ANOTHER word about this. HAHAHAHAHA.... I FOUND the puzzle piece on my kitchen floor.

So here is how this played out.... this morning I "thought" a piece fell.... but I looked for it... and even swept the floor. I should have seen it because my floor is light... I could not find it but I could not shake the feeling that a piece had fallen.
Anyways... I went shopping this morning and when I came home.... my eye caught something on the floor.... The DREAD that filled my soul.... HAHAHAHAHA..... YEP.... the puzzle piece.

They say confession is good for the soul. I really would have preferred to just NOT say anything but I think this makes the story even funnier... and .... well... I'm all for funny. GOOD GRIEF!!!! GOOD GRIEF!!!! GOOD GRIEF.... and NO... I am not fishing through the garbage to get the puzzle out. THAT is NOT happening.

REST in PEACE dearest puzzle... and please forgive my very BAD ATTITUDE... and LACK of CONVICTION to spend more time looking for that one lost... cold and hungry piece.... Did I mention.... GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!

This is one of the puzzles I got for free at the library.... so... I won't be upset if there are pieces missing ( YES I will ). HAHAHA.
It's a 1000 pieces... so this should take me till the end of the month. I seem to be in puzzle mode... so my goal will be to finish for
August 31st.

View attachment 11301
This inspired me for a story thank you for that.
looks like a cool puzzle.

They say confession is good for the soul. I really would have preferred to just NOT say anything but I think this makes the story even funnier... and .... well... I'm all for funny. GOOD GRIEF!!!! GOOD GRIEF!!!! GOOD GRIEF.... and NO... I am not fishing through the garbage to get the puzzle out. THAT is NOT happening.

REST in PEACE dearest puzzle... and please forgive my very BAD ATTITUDE... and LACK of CONVICTION to spend more time looking for that one lost... cold and hungry piece.... Did I mention.... GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!
BuuuuuHaHaHaHa.....rofl
Aren't we glad Jesus went after the 1 lost sheep and didn't TRASH the other 99!
Oh my gosh! That is how it goes with the whole "losing stuff" thing. It always humbles us. Worst thing to do is blame someone else when you were the one who did it! I've done that too many times to count. :sick::speechless:

BuuuuuHaHaHaHa.....rofl
Oh my gosh! That is how it goes with the whole "losing stuff" thing. It always humbles us. Worst thing to do is blame someone else when you were the one who did it! I've done that too many times to count. :sick::speechless:
Me too! I have also been a lost sheep.

1724661369268.png Look at me...... LOOK at me.... I am that sheep.... How could I forget this?? Oh my goodness... this is getting funnier by the minute.

Worst thing to do is blame someone else when you were the one who did it! I've done that too many times to count. :sick::speechless:

1724661650459.jpeg

This is who I live with... Uuuummmm. I don't think I could get away with the blame game. HAHA.

Attachments

• 1724661610180.png
    1724661610180.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 0
HAHAHA Big Moose .... Best part of the video is.... ERNIE.... the sheep... the sheep... call them off please.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... and still HAHAHAHAHAHA. I think Sesame Street was BRILLIANT.

I am slowly plucking away at sorting out my puzzle pieces. I have missed the process.
When you first open a jigsaw puzzle... EVERYTHING is foreign... but as you begin to sort
the pieces and get familiar with the different colours within... a pattern begins to emerge.
Things begin to make sense.
Once the colours are separated and the border is up.... the fun begins. This is not the best quality
puzzle but I have tried putting a few pieces together and it passes the integrity test ( fits snuggly ).

Anyways. This part is the NOT so fun part... but an important part none the less. I am pretty good at sorting the pieces
in the right piles. It makes for more pleasant puzzling.

So... It's the 27th.... and I'm still sorting.... WILL I be able to complete this puzzle by the end of the 31st????

Sooooooo.... your job was:
1. Puppeteer
2. Tap dancing sheep
3. Furniture mover
4. Late night bugle player
5. Incredibly funny sketch writer
6. the annoyed partner in the relationship
7. the annoying partner in the relationship

Post #599 is a SPOILER ALERT!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH.... Silly Mr. Moose.... I do not have the skills to create such a GENIUS plot.... I was an extra for the tap dancing sheep. HAHAHAHAHA.

Sometimes I wish muppets took the place of humans in certain situations.

Oh the imagination.... and the situations... HAHAHAHAHA.

Last edited:
Back