Journal The Garage

Ok... so... Thursday is grocery day... My friend Margaret comes to collect me every week. This lady adopted my little dog Louie 4 years ago... and we have become close. I will be babysitting Mr. Louie in 9 days for a whole week because every summer... Margaret rents a cottage out of town.

Margaret and I are on totally different dimensions... She is extremely "new age" in her thinking and I am Christian in mine. We have carefully curated a stage over the years for mutual respect and genuine love and acceptance.

Margaret is quiet.... and I am NOT quiet... and so ... God bless her... I think she has to mentally prepare herself for when she comes to pick me up because well.... THINGS happen when I'm around. HAHAHAHA... and none of them happen QUIETLY.

So... we always separate when we get to the grocery store... and then we meet at the check outs. When we got into the car to come home... I piped up that I had bought myself a special cheese. It's called Castello Tickler. It's actually made in the UK so perhaps Cosia is aware of it. I bought the "mature cheddar".

Margaret wanted to know what kind of cheese I bought.... and when I tried to say it.... this is what came out.... I bought "mature Christian" cheese.
Without blinking an eye.... Margaret looked at me.... and said.... of which I suppose you think you are???

The two of us bursted into UNCONTROLLABLE laughter... we could not stop laughing.... to the point of HOWLING. If a police officer would have seen us... I am certain that we would have been made to come out of the vehicle for suspicious behaviour. Oh my goodness.... HAHAHAHAHAHA.

What makes this even funnier is that Margaret is NOT funny.... she is a very quiet... reserved... calm lady... so that comment was GOLD.

This happens almost every time I am with Margaret. There is no such thing as QUIETLY going in and getting our stuff done. HAHA.

Ok... so... Thursday is grocery day... My friend Margaret comes to collect me every week. This lady adopted my little dog Louie 4 years ago... and we have become close. I will be babysitting Mr. Louie in 9 days for a whole week because every summer... Margaret rents a cottage out of town.

Margaret and I are on totally different dimensions... She is extremely "new age" in her thinking and I am Christian in mine. We have carefully curated a stage over the years for mutual respect and genuine love and acceptance.

Margaret is quiet.... and I am NOT quiet... and so ... God bless her... I think she has to mentally prepare herself for when she comes to pick me up because well.... THINGS happen when I'm around. HAHAHAHA... and none of them happen QUIETLY.

So... we always separate when we get to the grocery store... and then we meet at the check outs. When we got into the car to come home... I piped up that I had bought myself a special cheese. It's called Castello Tickler. It's actually made in the UK so perhaps Cosia is aware of it. I bought the "mature cheddar".

Margaret wanted to know what kind of cheese I bought.... and when I tried to say it.... this is what came out.... I bought "mature Christian" cheese.
Without blinking an eye.... Margaret looked at me.... and said.... of which I suppose you think you are???

The two of us bursted into UNCONTROLLABLE laughter... we could not stop laughing.... to the point of HOWLING. If a police officer would have seen us... I am certain that we would have been made to come out of the vehicle for suspicious behaviour. Oh my goodness.... HAHAHAHAHAHA.

What makes this even funnier is that Margaret is NOT funny.... she is a very quiet... reserved... calm lady... so that comment was GOLD.

This happens almost every time I am with Margaret. There is no such thing as QUIETLY going in and getting our stuff done. HAHA.

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

That's good that you and Margaret get together each week. I'm sure you pray for her and though she may be "new age" and quiet, friends who don't have a relationship with the Lord come in all sorts of flavors. Mine do.

I have a buddy who for years didn't know the Lord and had an extreme interest in manual art. Some of it was suggestive.

He contacted me in 2022 and came to the Lord. His art work transformed from exotic and suggestive to Christ centered. He began his art ministry and now has other artists that contribute Christ but other creativity of pure like nature, animals, butterflies, mooses, dogs, and food.
lol! He will host his art show in August and we hope to attend.

My prayer is God will lead Margaret to Christ through you.

God bless you, Margaret, thank you for reading this and please send our blessings to In Awe of Him.

Out of the mouth of babes.

I was passing by one of my neighbour's houses.
She had a gaggle of grandchildren with her and ONE golden doodle named Haggis.
So... I stopped to pet Haggis and I was introduced to everyone. The youngest of the lot
informed me that she was coming closer to give me a hug. I told her I LOVE hugs and that
I don't get many of them because I live alone... so she decided to give me an extra hug.

Then... she gave me the PUREST advice I have ever received from a child.

She said.... YOU need to buy kids... and dogs and cats... and then you will NEVER run out of hugs.

My heart melted.

It is with great JOY that I present to you all.... my one and only pepper. HAHAHAHA.
Oh my goodness... I probably could have let him grow a bit more but I was starting to get
a tad nervous about the "critters" finding him... and it rained all night so... I decided it was time.

I cannot believe that this little handsome thing was birthed from a tiny seed.

I checked on my tomatoes and there are quite a few growing but none are close to being ripe yet.

I have to say... that this was such a wonderful experience.

I have a ton of pictures of my flowers on my camera... but I still have to navigate how to use the SD card reader.

The below picture was taken with my Chrome book. :D:):D

Attachments

• IMG_20240724_094556.jpg
    IMG_20240724_094556.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 2
Happy Sunday to everyone... I have been missing in action these last few days.

Don't worry bobinfaith ... I am NOT moving out of the garage... I am simply enjoying
the summer so much... and find myself spending so much more time outside and less time
on the computer.

Mr. Louie arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon and we had a wonderful day and sleep.
I'm a bit sad that we don't have a shore-line this year. In previous years when I have kept Mr. Louie,
I've been able to take him for nice long walks along the beach... however this year... the water level is higher than
usual which means... NO beach to walk on. I will have to get creative with our outings. He is not an easy dog to walk due to the fact that he loses his mind over anything that moves... and walks become a constant pull/tug game. NOT FUN!!!! Margaret has worked with him for years... trying to get him to NOT react to other dogs or people and well... let me just say... Louie is persistent in remaining Louie. HAHAHAHA. In the house he is a different dog altogether.

The beautiful pepper has been consumed... and oh my goodness... let me tell you... it was DELICIOUS!!!!! I noticed this morning that I have three more growing... on the same plant that I picked the first one. I have realized that full sun means exactly that... full sun. My 4 pepper plants in the garden got crowded out by the tomato plants hovering over them... so not only the partial sun area... but more shade from the leaves over them. I will definitely remember that for next year.

The nasturtium was my greatest delight... they come in three shades of dark reddish/orange to bright yellow. These things were unbelievable... These things cascade like a waterfall... and the blooms explode with huge flowers. Oh my goodness... was a majestic thing to see them. All of mine were started from seed.
1722164901934.png 1722164938733.png
I also planted some pansies from seed and those are all in bloom... I have white ... dark purple and the multi colored with hues of blue.
1722165108736.png 1722165153960.png
I cannot express how much JOY my garden has brought me. To think it all started out as an experiment.
I remember starting my tomatoes and peppers at the end of March... not even believing they would grow.
The apartment that I have applied to live in... has it's own private balcony... I am going to have so much fun planning
a little oasis of paradise. My big dream is to have my own clematis. They are very expensive... but are perennials and so... I am thinking... if I have deep enough pot with superior soil... I can learn how to care for it. They are so gorgeous.
1722165491079.png

So... there you have it... my complete garden report.

Mr. Moose... The snails were wondering if they could go for a free "moose ride" this afternoon. They would like to see the basket ball hoops that you set up on the recycling bins. They also would like to go for a wee swim in your pool ( if you don't mind ).

Attachments

• IMG_20211003_143551_resized_20211005_075915854 (1).jpg
    IMG_20211003_143551_resized_20211005_075915854 (1).jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 2
Mr. Moose... The snails were wondering if they could go for a free "moose ride" this afternoon. They would like to see the basket ball hoops that you set up on the recycling bins. They also would like to go for a wee swim in your pool ( if you don't mind ).
The snails were scared of the deep end, so I taught them to swim. Luckily, their shells float.
1722238079924.png
The snails had cucumbers:
1722238582185.png
They are quite the thrill seekers. They rode on my antlers, and as I got up to a trot, they kept urging me to go faster. I went full gallop, but then I realized if anything happened to them, Cosia would have my head on the wall. So I took it down a notch. They do hold on really well, like suction cups.
So, In Awe of Him, we had a grand day and I returned them to the bins.

Dear Uncle Moose....
We hads a perfect day yesterday.... thank you for the FREE RIDES. YOU is the BESTEST!!

🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌

Love the snail family.

Frankie
Frannie
Connie
Cedric
Jolly
Dolly
Jilly
Silly
Milly
Dodo
Nogo
Slogo
Harry
Carrie
Fatty
Patty
Natty
George
Charles
Carl
Amy
Sammy
Clarence
Billy
Brice

and mommy and daddy ( Gert and Bert )

Dear Uncle Moose....
We hads a perfect day yesterday.... thank you for the FREE RIDES. YOU is the BESTEST!!

🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌 🐌

Love the snail family.

Frankie
Frannie
Connie
Cedric
Jolly
Dolly
Jilly
Silly
Milly
Dodo
Nogo
Slogo
Harry
Carrie
Fatty
Patty
Natty
George
Charles
Carl
Amy
Sammy
Clarence
Billy
Brice

and mommy and daddy ( Gert and Bert )
Holy cow! They are multiplying like rabbits! Must be feeding them too much.

Back